LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tv Networks Object To Diaper Commercial Mentioning "Poop"

Some might confuse the word 'chic', the way the voice over artist pronounces it

My diaper is full, full of chic. When its number two, I look like number one. I poo in blue

The commercial is interesting, but the reactions of ABC is comical. Don't they realize that such a reaction only increases the interest in the 'restricted' add, which means more people will see it / want to see it.

Have a look....

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ydWMY8cYPUU

sounds like a winner to me :roflmao:

Does Darkfin work for ABC? :roflmao::roflmao:

Oh har har.

If you are going to have a laugh on me at least have the courtesy of spelling my screen name correctly.

I don't work for ABC, if I did I'd be making lots of money. But it is nice to see that they share my sensibilities when it comes to stating certain things.

Oh har har.

If you are going to have a laugh on me at least have the courtesy of spelling my screen name correctly.

I don't work for ABC, if I did I'd be making lots of money. But it is nice to see that they share my sensibilities when it comes to stating certain things.

sorry about the name, I was debating back and forth, I should have went back and checked, as for the comment, just a friendly jab, not trying to start shi..... :unsure:

stuff

lolz @ Timmyc

lolz @ Darkfin [sic] for being a good sport.

I want some jean diapers now too. You hear me diaper manufacturers?!? I want limited edition diapers too. WANT

The commercial is interesting, but the reactions of ABC is comical. Don't they realize that such a reaction only increases the interest in the 'restricted' add

You know who owns ABC? Disney. Goes some way to explaining their attitude :P

Anyway, the cynic in me says that, knowing that a 'banned' advert will get bucket-loads of views on Youtube, Huggies could well have carefully engineered the situation :rolleyes:

An excellent advert.! Plainly a cool dude. Perhaps other companies will latch on to the advertisisng potential of diapers, after all, its free unoccupied space, and regularly refreshed, and women always look at a baby. What other things could you advertise on diapers?

Baby powder

Wipes

Diaper stores

or even....

Johnny Walker whisky

Cigarettes (think of the shock effect, the protests and the bans...and the resultant publicity!)

Political parties - including the classic comparison.

BP (subtle!)

Would tartan ones sell well in Scotland? Or elsewhere? Being of the McDonald line, I would love to see the Campbell tartan there.

Football strip

National colours/flags (Those cheese-eating surrender monkeys.)

Even eco propaganda ("I'm going to use cloth diapers!")

Come on. let's have some ideas from you....

Guest Wetnmessy247

Darn this makes me mad. I'm gonna find the tv execs and smear my dirty diapers in their faces.Give them a taste of their own stinky ideas.

via The Consumerist

ABC has refused to air an ad for the new Huggies Jeans diaper, under an objection to the commercial's tag line, "The coolest you'll look pooping your pants."

The network will air an edited ad.

See the commercial in the link.

Each broadcaster is required to apply standards and practices to every commercial. Given the economic conditions in the TV business right now, if ABC could have found an excuse to show the original Huggies commercials they would have done so.

Each broadcaster is required to apply standards and practices to every commercial. Given the economic conditions in the TV business right now, if ABC could have found an excuse to show the original Huggies commercials they would have done so.

I don't know. TV networks are notoriously touchy about the tiniest things. Remember Mary Tyler Moore and Dick Van Dyke having twin beds even though their characters were married? I don't even think that they showed them in bed, but the mere suggestion that sex occurred was enough. Where the network execs think their son came from, I don't know... :screwy:

I must say that I saw the ad. I can't really imagine why anyone would want diapers that look like jeans. I guess the thought is that it's summer, so a bunch of toddlers will be around in just diapers. Still, it's not like you're hiding anything...it still looks like a diaper! Honestly, I've never understood parents that think it's OK to have your little kids in public with no pants on.

I don't know. TV networks are notoriously touchy about the tiniest things. Remember Mary Tyler Moore and Dick Van Dyke having twin beds even though their characters were married? I don't even think that they showed them in bed, but the mere suggestion that sex occurred was enough. Where the network execs think their son came from, I don't know... :screwy:

I must say that I saw the ad. I can't really imagine why anyone would want diapers that look like jeans. I guess the thought is that it's summer, so a bunch of toddlers will be around in just diapers. Still, it's not like you're hiding anything...it still looks like a diaper! Honestly, I've never understood parents that think it's OK to have your little kids in public with no pants on.

Please try to understand that long ago when The Dick Van Dyke Show was in production, the feature film industry was ruled by the Production Code of the USA as administered by the Hayes Office of the MPAA. The rules of the FCC followed the Production Code, which mandated twin beds. Later when the Production Code was replaced by the MPAA Film Rating Authority, it was no longer necessary to show twin beds. The FCC rules were changed to reflect all that.

Have you seen any USA TV shows filmed since 1980? Are you willing to spend your own money to take older series and apply Computer Graphics to somehow turn twin beds into a kingsize bed? Sort of like pushing a set of twin beds together? I mean, if you have the money there are CGI firms willing to take your money and do the R&D. Of course you would also need to make a deal with the holders of the copyrights, and you wild need the permission of Mary Tyler Moore and Dick Van Dyke. Maybe they are open to the idea.

As for the TV diaper commercial, there is a difference of legal opinion. I respect the ABC attorneys, but my advice would be to follow the lead of CBS which is running the commercial as originally edited. Both networks are covered by the same FCC rules.

Just saw the commercial on the air here last night. Pretty much the same way it was in the clip above except they cut the word "chic" from the "my diapers are full of chic."

I guess they figured someone would assume they said one of the seven words there. The other poop references went through unaltered.

Honestly, I've never understood parents that think it's OK to have your little kids in public with no pants on.

Honestly, I've never understood why some people think it's so bad for parents to not put pants on little kids in public. I don't think there's anything wrong with children only wearing diapers in public. It's not like it is disgusting they're just kids. The parents might as well let them play outside with as little clothing as they want so they can stay cooler and so that kids can be kids for a little while before they have to grow up.