LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Painful Catheter!

I have used catheters off and on now for a few years and I have never had any real problems with them. I have used a few sizes from 14ch to a 22ch, and the most problems I have experienced with them is a slight burning sensation when peeing after I have removed it, that was until last night.

Last night, Saturday, I decided to get diapered up and to put a catheter in (22ch) and let it drain into the diaper, something I have done a few times before. The insertion went okay and I left the catheter in for about two hours until I started to get bored with it and it was also beginning to become a little uncomfortable so I removed it, the removal also went fine.

It wasn’t until later that I needed to pee and went to the bathroom. When I went to pee the pain was bad, the usual burning sensation was replaced with an extremely sharp pain, and it was at this point I noticed there was blood in my urine, something that has only happened a little once before.

This went on for the rest of the night, the pain never subsided, I have never experienced this amount of pain before, it was terrible! :crybaby:

Even in the morning when I went to the bathroom to was still very sore, not as bad be still painful, it was only until a few hours ago that the pain has virtual gone, still a little burning but no were near as bad.

The moral of this post is simple, I’m never going to be using catheters again! Last night was my last time using them.

I will just stick to using my diapers, after all they can’t hurt me, can they? :(

I wasn't thrilled with the first time a cath was put in me, and I was less thrilled when it came out.

I did have that same feeling you had once, but it was from a mishap riding my bicycle when I was 12, same the exact same symptoms it took a few days until I could pee normally, shortly after that incident I started driving a car and never rode a bike again.

Yes I was driving at 12, on the back streets of the small town I lived in, it was a different world way back then, got my drivers license at 15 and have been driving everyday of my life since.

My only cath experience was while recovering from surgery :( The cath looked like a brass rod and was temporarily inserted then removed after my bladder emptied :blush: Even doped up on morphine and Demerol it hurt like he!! in both directions and after I began peeing on my own again :crybaby: I'm not going to go there ever again- if a cath has to go in me it's going to have to be one that goes in once and is not removed :huh: Otherwise I choose death- the better option :o Just drug me up and let me go- I can't live forever and don't want to anyway ;)B):thumbsup:

Bettypooh

Guest LOSTinDiapers

Sounds like you might need a shot of antibiotics in the butt.

I hope you have been using a new sterile cath when you do play. Also, it is very, very important to use sterile surgilube and wash your hands before and after you touch the cath. The risk of UTI is huge when dealing with catheters. It might be a good idea to get to a doctor and get a prescription for an antibiotic. If the blood keeps up, they might need to do a cystoscopy to make sure you didn't damage anything along your urethra.

Good luck.

I have had caths three different times. Once was for surgery and was awake for the insert and removal. Hurt real bad. Second time was also for surgery but was out for the insert but awake for removal. That was the worst. The burning and the pain oh dear god!! And finally was for my open heart surgery. Three days with a cath. Removal once again horable. But yeah diapers are sooo much easier and ALOT less painful.

I had a little catheter play disaster a couple weeks ago. I had my cath in draining into my diaper for about 2 days straight and everything was going fine as I was keeping everything sanitary and changing my wet diapers frequently as I went about my daily business. :) There's nothing like temporary "true" incontinence. Anyway, I decided to mow the lawn and so I put a fresh diaper on and went outside. It's a pretty decent size yard and with the push mower takes me just over an hour to mow. It's not entirely flat either so quite a bit of uphill and downhill mowing. I could feel the catheter in my as I mowed but didn't think much of it. I went inside and waited about an hour to take a shower until I felt my diaper was pretty full as I didn't want to waste the one I had just put on a short time ago. I felt the front and crotch wet and it was working it's way up the back of the diaper when I finally decided to change out of it and take a shower. To my shock and horror, I took off my diaper to find all the wet parts in the diaper brown. The whole diaper was peed into with brown pee instead of white or yellow and their were little flakes of crustyness or tissue in the spot the cather had drained at most. I FREAKED and quickly deflated the cath and eased it out. I had planned on wearing it for at least another day. I didn't feel bad inside my body but figured I must have rubbed a spot in my bladder with the catheter moving around in it as I was walking for over an hour straight while mowing. Typically I'm just home on the couch or run a short errand here or their while cathed but nothing too strenuous. I took a shower yelling at my self in my head as to how stupid this was and how I'm done with caths at least for a while. I peed a little and notice blood in my urine. It didn't really hurt to pee but I was pretty worried. I drank a lot of liquids to try and flush my bladder out, more than I was before to help keep things flowing while cathed and filling up those diapers. I peed about every hour and within a few hours there was no more blood. It was never really a lot but enough to scare me. Haven't cathed again since but I'm sure I will again just because I know me.

Well you can get a really really really really bad rash and that could hurt you.....hehe

Where do you even GET catheters without a perscription?

Guest Wetnmessy247

Walmart. At least, I've found them there in the past in the medical section looking for a few packs of tena.

It seemd to me that the only thing one would feel of a ctheter is pain. Think aboutit. You are sticking something inside your peepee hole. Ouch.

I would rather have a dude cram a 10 inch dick in my ass. For reals.

• Like 1

Where do you even GET catheters without a perscription?

In the UK you don't need a prescription you can just buy them online.

The pain has gone away completely now and so far there has been no other side effects, saying that I think I have learnt my lesson and I'm not going to be using them again!

:rolleyes:

When you do catheter play you need to drink plenty of cranberry juice. The natural products of the cranberry juice will help prevent an infection.

As for the pain I suspect its just some have a problem and some don't. I don't have a problem but rarely get more that a few hours alone to play so catheter play is minimal for me. But oh how fun it is to have totaly no control!

Guest Wetnmessy247

If I did fullblown catheter play I would probably end up needing maintenance to come clean up he aftermaath in my apartment.

I don't think any type could hold my mess with catheter play. Which is why I wouldn't even attemot it in a diaper. Just cath it up and spew it out everywhere.

By no means an expert but have had a few experiences, the first thought is - you didnt use enough lube, and or forced it in/out causing a small tear.

All the experiences I've had with catheters have never *HURT* uncomfortable? sure, minor pain perhaps, but hurt? no. Why? because of using the right size of catheter, using proper aseptic technique to insert it, and maintaining hydration adequately.

I cant stress how important it is to use good aseptic technique, and how important it is to use LOTS of sterile surgi-lube.

I really enjoy self-cathing, (probably a bit too much :blush: ) but for me it's a shorter time period, usually over a period of anywhere from 8 hours to a day and a half. I have used catheters plenty of times in the past, and I have always practiced a sterile technique. You can buy them online if you shop in the right places. Cleanliness, the right technique, lots of lube and care, and it should be a minimal discomfort. It was only moderately uncomfortable when i first cathed myself, but it has become easier. I'm aware of the risks. I drink a ton of cranberry juice when I cath, to keep me flushed out (and to keep me wetting all the time!!!).

I probably do this maybe once every 3 months. It feels so amazing to just lose control for a day, I have to agree. There's just nothing like it.

I don't endorse trying it unless you either have to or it's something you really really want to do, but I can totally understand what you guys are going through and luckily I have had all good experiences so far, despite the risks. I try my very best to minimize them.

By no means an expert but have had a few experiences, the first thought is - you didnt use enough lube, and or forced it in/out causing a small tear.

All the experiences I've had with catheters have never *HURT* uncomfortable? sure, minor pain perhaps, but hurt? no. Why? because of using the right size of catheter, using proper aseptic technique to insert it, and maintaining hydration adequately.

I cant stress how important it is to use good aseptic technique, and how important it is to use LOTS of sterile surgi-lube.

The insertion was straight forward and there was no pain on removal, I think were I went wrong here was using a catheter that was a little too large.

Normally I would use an 18ch or sometimes a 20ch, this was a 22ch. I have used a 22ch once before with no problems but I guess I was unlucky this time! :blush:

Guest Wetnmessy247

It seems to me God did not intend men to insert things into their orifices for self pleasure messing.

If an activity involves the risk of infection and death....I would think that's something we should not engage in.

Catheter play is a no no.

I would rather eat 30 exlax bars and sh*t myself to the point of dehydration.

It seems to me God did not intend men to insert things into their orifices for self pleasure messing.

If an activity involves the risk of infection and death....I would think that's something we should not engage in.

Catheter play is a no no.

1, God/religion has nothing to do with this discussion - thanks for your first irrelevant comment.

2, Everything we do has an inherent level of risk. Life is about risk evaluation and management. Just because a risk is unacceptable for you, does that make it unacceptable for everyone else? Way to make a blanket judgment call. I hope that as you mature, you well... mature.

3, Catheter play a no no? bullshit. Catheter play like anything else that is edge play requires being aware of the potential hazards, their likelyhood, and the consequences therein. Just because it is not for you doesn't mean it isn't for everyone.

4, Please, by all means, do us the favor and go right ahead.

Do you ever stop and think about how the posts that you make portray you? sheesh. It must be nice to be living in your own little world like that.

let us know if the reality train ever pulls into the station.

In the mean time. Have a big steaming cup of relevancy. Its on me.

• Like 1

Do you ever stop and think about how the posts that you make portray you? 

He's a troll just posting for attention. The only reason he's still here is beacuse he hasn't been banned yet.

If you actually read his "stories" they're about 90% fictional. I doubt he even messes. Do your part and hit that report button.

Well, maybe someday God's retribution will be for you to either collaps on the floor from dehydration and die, or get such a bad infection from diaper rash (since you wet and mess so heavily and change only once every 24 hours) that your system will turn septic and you will die.

I don't wish you to die, by the way, even though many of your posts are controversial at best. Freedom of speach is one of our rights and I don't wish for anyone to die except maybe child killers or people who murder innocent people just for their own gains and selfishness. We all have our specific likes as far as diaper activities and while I don't agree with your particular likes and activities, they are your choices until you one day get into trouble for crossing the line with them.

I have used catheters at least once a week for a whole day. Sometimes I let it drain into my diaper or have used an insert folded up which once it absorbs it gets really thick and creates a nice bulge in my diaper.

Sometime else I am experimenting with is using a miniature pressure relief valve. This is just the right size to fit in the catheter opening. What this does is instead of just draining out the end of the tube into the diaper, it releases automatically after some pressure buildup in the bladder. It is a 1 psi valve. This way, I don't know when my diaper will start filling up. This has given me more of babyish feel of wetting without knowing it.

My favorite is putting in a catheter and heavily diapering myself and letting it drain all night while I sleep and waking up soaking wet!

I have never had a problem with using 16-22 fr catheter sizes, either getting them in or out. Tried a size 24fr once, but a bit large. I have a 30fr, but not the guts yet to try it yet.

The correct handling and insertion of Foley catheters can be tricky. Surgical sterile procedures must be adhered to, otherwise, the chance of infection and/or damage is extremely high.

1 - Catheter must be new / and in a sealed package = sterile

2 - Sterile gloves must be used

3 - The catheter is opened and lubricated at the tip and along the shaft

4 - The catheter is smoothly inserted until it reaches a restriction. This is the external sphincter, and needs a little force to pass.

5 - Once past the external sphincter, the cath needs to move forward about 10-15mm. This is so it, and its inflatable bulb is within the bladder. As you pass the external sphincter, some urine will escape. It is advisable to keep your thumb on the exit to allow the urine to stiffen the catheter and ease its insertion.

6 - Push the catheter a little forward, and you will pass the internal sphincter. Without your thumb blocking the urine exit, the bladder will collapse and the tip of the cath will injure the bladder walls.

7 - Inflate the bulb (using sterilized water) slowly - this will prevent the catheter exiting. It also protects the bladder walls from the pointy tip of the catheter.

8 - once the bulb is inflated, you can release the cath exit, and let the bladder empty.

To the OP, it seems to me, from your description, that you damaged the interior bladder walls, which needed time to repair. A urological exam is required, to check for, and eliminate the possibility of bladder wall / kidney damage.

• Like 1

catheters, are great i love them i used them about once evey 3 months, i use a foley i follow all the correct stuff so its clean, i drink loads of cranberry juice and only keep it in for 48 hours.