• other pda smartphone
    • regular cellphone (not smartphone)
  2. 2. which smartphones have you used

• iphone
    • android
    • other pda smartphone
    • do not/will not carry a smartphone
  3. 3. which cellphone do you/did you prefer

For me I have used both major styles of cellphones, I use an iphone now but I miss my android. Android was slower (of course I had the original G1), but I don't know I like the iphone I just prefer the android.

Why, praytell, are Blackberries not given their own listing? iPhones are nice if you want to browse the web and play games, Android has got a lot of bugs to work out (no keypress master reset?!?), but if you need reliable communication (including being able to reliably set up your personalized email addresses from some odd domain that iPhones and Androids just refuse to acknowledge), Blackberry is the way to go.

CRACKBERRY FOREVER!!! :D

I have the Motorola Droid and am in love with it. You couldn't pay me to use an iPhone; I wouldn't be able to stand being locked into ONE phone on ONE (crappy) network. At this point it seems like the iPhone is just playing catch-up with Android-based sets.

I use my iPhone on any network I like, axshually ♥ And given all the developers dropping Android for being unprofitable to make apps for, it seems like it's the one playing catch up imo~

I have the palm pre and since we are the first to get flash support and steve jobs being a retard the iphone isn't going to get it at all, I'm happy where I'm at.

Before an apple apologist gives me a headache, his own company has fired him in the past for being stupid.

I'm with Snugglebug on this one. I have a Blackberry and it does everything I need it to, plus there are a plethora of apps available for it as well. I have used my brother's iPhone and I do like it a lot, but AT&T sucks around here so it wouldn't pay for me to switch services.

right now i just have a regular sony ericson, however in june i will be upgrading to an iphone. I also own a macbook and an ipod.... so it only makes sense i'll get an iphone.. besides... i want to be able to play words with friends.

i got a regular NOKIA cell, its quite old and battered, but its got a charm and character :) I do have a pda at home, but dont use it much, only on occasion and when my old phone sometimes breaks down :D

Similar here B) I had one of those folding jobs and it slowly died a windows-like death :o I sometimes think they program Alzheimers into this stuff :bash: I switched my SIM card into an ancient Nokia brick-phone that was given to me and voila- better signals, longer-lasting battery, and far more reliable :thumbsup: I have no need and no desire for a cellphone with anything more than an address book B) I can actually tell you about the world around me. Today most people just look into their hand and squint as they talk to themselves wearing a funny looking thing in their ear :roflmao:

Bettypooh

Nothing is like the iPhone. Everyone else are trying to catch up. There are a ton of apps that are available, and the integration into other networks via Bluetooth and LAN is simple. Not to mention the email functionality.

I STRONGLY disagree with the email functionality: iPhones are notorious for their inability to speak with a number of email servers found in Canada. That and that stupid touchpad BITES for anyone trying to type with large thumbs. :P

I have tried the IPhone, and found that it looks better splattered on the wall, than struggling to cope with one thing at a time. I used to have the Nokia Communicator, which decided to die a death, killing all my call history, losing a ton of data and costing me about a month to convert all the backup data to usable format. I currently have a Sony Ericsson, which works, doesn't complain when it is abused, handles all email and web with ease, and takes a backup of itself in text form.

This means that unless the MENS club and Apple decide to build something decent, I will not be changing (my phone)

MENS club = Motorola, Erricson, Nokia, Siemens

PS - Moores law states that for every 20 months, technology will double its speed / processing power and half its price. Why does this not apply to mobile phones, AND why does Apple just double its price with every new release?

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used windows mobile for a few years with nothing but disappointment (contract), when that contract expired I was very reluctant to get another smartphone but I got a Motorola DroidX and have had this since it was released and I am very pleased.

Android all the way! HTC EVO right now. Has all the good apps that are available on the Iphone and you can:

-plug a memory card into it!

-Change the battery!

-Cameras on front and back (some brands)

-No finicky antennae

Android all the way! HTC EVO right now. Has all the good apps that are available on the Iphone and you can:

-plug a memory card into it!

-Change the battery!

-Cameras on front and back (some brands)

-No finicky antennae

My iPhone has a great battery, a camera on the front and back and no antennae problems~ ♥

Plus I get the better OS, bigger app store and superior sync software~

iPhone can not play high bit rate music. That's why I hate Steve Jobs.

Um...it can? In both lossy (320kbit mp3 is fine) and lossless (ALAC). I'm not shure how much higher "bit rate" you'd like than lossless audio, but whatevs ~ your own misinformation is no reason to hate somebody ★

• 2 months later...

Until iphone came to verizon, I would never think of using an Iphone because the most important thing about a phone is being able to use it when you want/need it. Which means having a decent network, at&t is terrible in the midwest even around city areas like Minneapolis/St. Paul MN or Sioux Falls SD. Furthermore apply does not allow memory expansion like SD cards, and has only propriety connections. The apps are expensive and annoying, you have to jail break your phone to get functionality I get out of the box with the droidx. And the fact the battery is not user replacable is a big problem. Smart phone junkies wear out rechargable batteries, no li-poly battery pack will last forever....