LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Asking Parents For Diapers

I remember that one time when I was a kid around 9 years old I asked my mom if I could go back to training pants. She said no and I didn't bring it up again. Have any of you ever asked your parents for diapers or training pants when you were kids?

Not that I can recall offhand. I do remember asking my biodad and gramma for baby food fruit at the age of 4/5ish, though.

~ moogle

Biodad LMAO!! Sounds like a super hero or evil villain. Oh no look out its......BIODAD!! Sorry sorry. I know what the term means but still funny. So was biodad a hero or villain?

Biodad LMAO!! Sounds like a super hero or evil villain. Oh no look out its......BIODAD!! Sorry sorry. I know what the term means but still funny. So was biodad a hero or villain?

My biodad was...not a very nice person. I sort of don't recognize him as my dad anymore, besides the biological aspect of it. Hence "biodad" instead of just Dad. He's a lot nicer to me now than he used to be, I will gladly give him credit for that, but I just don't feel comfortable labeling him with a "close" label like Dad. Maybe this is rude of me, but it's just how I feel. *shrug*

~ moogle

I remember that one time when I was a kid around 9 years old I asked my mom if I could go back to training pants. She said no and I didn't bring it up again. Have any of you ever asked your parents for diapers or training pants when you were kids?

Pee Lover and all DD Members,

This is why many of us are working to bring back a resource to replace the abandoned website WKLD = When Kids Love Diapers.

The several answers to your question show why it is very important to help parents and other adults realize that when a kid has the guts to directly ask for a diaper, they need to respect that the kid is sincere. Maybe that kid is not a confirmed infantilist. Honestly life is probably simpler for those with no emotional or physical need for diapers. Yet wishing does not make it so.

Here and on every other diaper related website and group all of us read about people stealing diapers because they could not find a more ethical way to obtain those diapers. Being rational, unless a person is really hooked on diapers would that person be so desperate as to take the risks of stealing them? Even more dangerous is to make use of used diapers because those are available.

In a more perfect world when a kid asks for a diaper, the parent smiles and provides the correct size and style diaper to fit the kids. Yes, that diaper must come out of a bag or many, which costs real money. I tell parents to consider that an investment. There is always the chance the kid asked on a whim. The reality of actually wearing a diaper might not turn out to be all that much fun, especially if the parents and other adults remain calm. Until you get used to the sensations, a diaper is not very comfortable. Most kids are terrified of a return to diapers, so lash out at any kids wearing a diaper and they tease kids who seem to enjoy diapers.

Of course if the older kid does not give up on diapers before the first bag is gone, then prudent parents need to work on the assumption that kid is already an infantilist. Like it or not, because there is no safe and effective way to remove an infantilist mind-set, for practical purposes this is a lifetime condition. The crucial difference is between being an infantilist who can manage in normal society and a person who can only be happy in a fantasy world withdrawing from more conventional human contact.

What parents, siblings, family and outsiders can and should do is help the infantilist learn to act-out discreetly, with circumspection and common sense. Given that diapers cost a lot of cash, ways must be found so the infantilist can earn those diapers. It is vital the infantilist does not get into the habit of stealing anything, including diapers. Some when writing about it use cute terms such as "swiping" diapers from a sibling, relative or visitor. Even within the family swiping and stealing are the same thing ethically. Member infantilists self-report stealing diapers from the nursery at their church. The mind reels adding up all the various sins of such an act.

By not going nuts and staying calm, parents can keep open lines of communication with the infantilist.

Often enough we must think about it, the kid asking for diapers actually has medical bladder and/or bowel control problems. Correctly diagnosing such problems if very frustrating and hardly exact medical science. When a kid reverts to wetting or soiling getting a medical check-up is important, because wetting and soiling can be symptoms of serious disease.

My many siblings and I were so fortunate to grow up in a diaper-friendly family. Because Mom, Granny and Aunt Betsy all were profoundly urinary incontinent by the time I was born, they worked on the assumption all of Mom's daughters would eventually have bladder disease. Therefore it was a question of when, not if, we would be back in diapers. The theory was we might as well be neither embarrassed or afraid. I certainly never objected when Mom asked me to wear a just-in-case diaper. I also am sure I never tugged at Mom's skirt and begged her to diaper me for play. I am told our older sister Penny had done that when she was 6 and I was 1. Who knows, it might be true. Penny is a nice sister, popular in the family, so I doubt the story started because anyone wanted to be mean to Penny. A few times I did witness our youngest sister, Missy, ask Granny for a diaper when she came home from school. She was 6 and I was 11. I mentioned the kids might actually be wetting. Missy did revert to bedwetting when she was only 11, a few months before she reached puberty. Missy also lost her day control at a much younger age than the rest of us. It is possible that even at 6 Missy was wetting slightly in the afternoons.

This is a lot of information to process. Everyone please thing about all these issues.

My Mom kept kids when I was young and one day when I was around 8 ( give or take 2), I took one from the baby she was keeping and lined my underwear with it (it was probably around size 3 [if diapers had switched to numbers by then]). I was supper excited about it and showed her (don't know why I did). She was unhappy and told me to never do that again.

As such I never asked her since I already 'knew' what her answer would be.

Then again, she has this obsession with believing in therapist, although she has never gone or sent us to see one, but I think if I had she would have. Maybe, just maybe, the shrink might have told her it was a good idea.

When I hit puberty I stole them from another baby she was keeping, but that time I didn't brag to her.

I guess I was lucky in this regard because I had a cousin who was the same age as me and was mentally and physically handicapped. I did the dirty deed of "swiping" diapers from him but to my happiness they fit. I spent a ton of time with my aunt and uncle so on through my teen years I took diapers. They got them from the government. Not that is an excuse for stealing diapers. But was an interesting set up. They never noticed I took even one. But years later when I was like 16 and actually living with them I told them I wore them. My uncle was pissed and my aunt said she had friends who were adult babies!!!! I was FLOORED!!!

But I never asked a parent when I was young to have diapers because I was stealing them by five years old. But a funny story was I told my Mom I wore and she wasn't very happy but a few months later asked if she could borrow one because she had light incontinence.

I remember when I was about 5 years old, and and one evening being with my mother as she changed my baby brother's diaper. I remember asking her if I was next. Needless to say she was not happy, but I think she was set on teaching me a lesson, and the next thing I remember I was on the changing table and she was pinning me into a diaper, and putting plastic pants on me. She then put me straight into bed. I remember lying in bed thinking how awesome this is, and my father came in and removed the diaper. I was to afraid to ask again.

When I was 10 I asked my mom if I could have some diapers to diaper my stuffed animals. So she let me put some pampers in the cart. Unfortunately they were like size small and wouldn't fit me, but I did try to wear them. In the end all of the pampers were gone and she didn't care. I guess she thought I had thrown them away.

SDB

I couldn't get up the nerve to ask my parents for diapers that fit me. I had toddler disp diapers given to me as a boy to tuck into my underpants but they leaked because I wan't wearing them. I did get the nerve to ask my Grandmother if I could wear some of my Great Grandmothers Depends for my bedwetting. My Grandmother agreed that it was a good idea for me to wear Depends and I was able to wear them at her house during vacations. What a trip it was: at 15 having green Depends that crinkled under my sheets. I must have played with myself raw in them because when I took the first diaper off in the morning I was soaked, the bed was moist and my penis was red and sore. My grama must have seen the redness because she gave me some Desiten that night. She offered to help me into my diapers but I was too embarrassed for her to see me naked. I smeared on lots of diaper cream that night and ended up squirting before I even got my diaper in position. I have some great memories of wearing diapers at her house. Like the time I left leaky diaper marks on her carpet and she had me stand while she undid the tapes to let my diaper plop on the floor. Then cleaned me with a wash rag right there in the living room in front of my cousin. I miss those fun days.

when I was 11. and then my mom had me institutionalized.

I was locked up for awhile... no there werent diapers there.

My mom and my sister both explained to me what a friek

I am and weird, and then they told my friends. I dont talk

to my sister. I barely talk to my mom. It is kind of the reason

I am the way I am today. It was either face and accept or

let it destroy me.....which it almost did.

when I was 11. and then my mom had me institutionalized.

I was locked up for awhile... no there werent diapers there.

My mom and my sister both explained to me what a friek

I am and weird, and then they told my friends. I dont talk

to my sister. I barely talk to my mom. It is kind of the reason

I am the way I am today. It was either face and accept or

let it destroy me.....which it almost did.

Very sorry to hear that, toon. I'm glad you were able to endure such an ordeal. I'm starting to understand the deeper toon.

My biodad was...not a very nice person. I sort of don't recognize him as my dad anymore, besides the biological aspect of it. Hence "biodad" instead of just Dad. He's a lot nicer to me now than he used to be, I will gladly give him credit for that, but I just don't feel comfortable labeling him with a "close" label like Dad. Maybe this is rude of me, but it's just how I feel. *shrug*

~ moogle

I had only one Dad and he died when I was 11. Not understanding the world at that age it hurt me a lot :crybaby:I knew he was a drunk and that he over disciplined us kids- what I didn't understand was that he was molesting my sisters :bash: Over 40 years later I still wonder if his death was lonked to my own fate :huh: Had he not died I'd be serving life in prison for killing him over what he did to my sisters :ninja: I cannot forgive anyone who molests children, and I cannot forgive anyone who forgives such a person :angry: I believe there are some things that are so deeply wrong that forgiveness just isn't an option.

Dad had good qualities, don't get me wrong, but even without his acts towards my sisters I know now that we wouldn't have gotten along after I grew up :P His good and his bad both have deep influences in my life to this very day. I honor that he was my father- there are good people in his side of the family- but that's as far as it goes with me :( Overall- screw the worthless ba$tard; I'm glad he's dead! :boxing:

Mooglelove, I think I can understand your feelings here. Like with Abrera, not everyone gets lucky and has really good parent(s). It's not what we wanted but we have to deal with that anyway. If we learn from it maybe it can help us become better people ourselves- we certainly won't make the mistakes that were made with us B) Still, it's tough to handle when the person who is supposed to love you the most actually doesn't. Hang in there Moogleove, this is just life and we're going to get through it OK ;)

I'll reply to the OP in another post.

Bettypooh

My daughter's 9th birthday is today. She's asked for diapers a couple of times over the past year since we adopted her and her brother from Russia.

After talking to my therapist, and their therapists, we're letting it sit for now. We aren't sure if she wants to wear them, or if she's just trying to bond with me (I wear 24/7. I am partially incontinent. Not enough to need "diapers", but I like them, so...). At any rate, we're just going to let her explore what she needs to in her own way and in her own time. We figured if it is sexual, parents getting involved is just kind of freaky. I'm not going to keep her from, or encourage her to wear diapers. If it turns out she is an AB/DL later, that's fine but it's her thing.

~ moogle

Hmm, sounds nicer than "Sperm Donor" as I refer to my genetic father.

When I was 6 or so and I stopped wearing pullups at night because I stopped bedwetting I asked my mom if she would buy me pullups. She didn't say no she just said she would think about it but unfortunately she never brought it up again and I never did. I've basically been waiting almost 15 years for my mom to buy me a pack of pullups lol (not really but in a way).

When I was 6 or so and I stopped wearing pullups at night because I stopped bedwetting I asked my mom if she would buy me pullups. She didn't say no she just said she would think about it but unfortunately she never brought it up again and I never did. I've basically been waiting almost 15 years for my mom to buy me a pack of pullups lol (not really but in a way).

Maybe you need to bring it up again! B)

This is why many of us are working to bring back a resource to replace the abandoned website WKLD = When Kids Love Diapers.

Hey Angela :)

Didn't know WKLD had gone away. If the group needs hosting, I'll be glad to give them an account with full control, then you just need a domain.

As to the OP... I only "sort of" asked once when I was 15. Had just gotten out of the hospital after an assault. Was already seeing the start of my leaking issues and badly needed the emotional aid at the time. On the way home I told my mom I needed $10 for "something" from CVS. Knowing how out of it I was she gave me the money and waited in the car. I bought a bag of depends and took them out to the car in a paper bag. She never asked what they were, but I'm sure she knew.

These days I will often ask her to pick me up some pull-ups if she's going out anyway. I get my diapers online.

Yes, I asked once B) To understand my tale you need to know that I was a frequent bedwetter till my late teens and was a sometimes pantswetter till my mid-teens. My life was a living hell. The Doctors and shrinks had been unable to find the cause of my problem so Dad assumed that I was the problem when I wasn't- I was trying my best and it wasn't working :o Also understand that my over-disciplinig Dad was a moody drunk (among other things) :bash:

It was 1968 or 1969 and I was 9 I think, I don't recall exactly, but it was a nice summer morning, my siblings had all gone out to do their thing, Mom and Dad were on the sofa talking, and Dad was sober and in a rare good mood. By that time I'd already learned that it was best to time things with Dad- his responses always varied with his mood and sobriety (or lack thereof). Mom was more stable but she always deferred to Dad over everything so I couldn't count on much help from her. Anyway, Mom used to order things from a mail order company called "Spencers" and I had seen their listing for "Incontinence Pants": a snap-on rubberized cover that held changeable flannel liners. (Back then there was nothing for older kids with bladder control issues, a much improved situation today :wub:) I worked up the courage and with catalog in hand I approached the sofa. I pointed out the listing to my parents, explained that it would make laundry a lot easier for Mom, and help me deal with my problem. I could see that Mom was going to defer to Dad by her expression, not a good sign :( Dad was inscrutable till he spoke (a trait I always hated but learned to emulate because it has value sometimes :whistling:) I watched his slight smile turn to a frown as he quietly said "No son." I knew that sometimes further appeal changed his mind if the reason was good enough so I offered to pay for this out of my allowance. Angrily he said "No son of mine is going to wear diapers!" :badmood: I felt the tears well up and went back to my room where I lay face down on the bed sobbing. I have never felt so unloved and abandoned in my life and just knew I was going to be doomed to a life of permanent social abuse and rejection- all over something that I hated but could do nothing about :crybaby: Sometime later Mom came in and tried to comfort me, but there was nothing she could do unless she stood up to Dad- which she wasn't going to do* I knew better than to try to bring up the subject again- when Dad spoke in anger it was always a permanent decision.

It was a few years later when Dad died. By then Mom had left us, my older brother had left home for the other coast, and my sisters had been taken away by the state. It wasn't long before the state came for me too. I was naive and didn't yet understand what incest was- I didn't even know anything about sex. Eventually Mom regained custody of my sisters and me, but in the interim Dad had died. A child's love is strange- I still loved my Dad deeply until after I learned about sex and figured out what he had done to my sisters and why it was so evil.

*In time I came to understand why my Mom never went against Dad- he said he would have killed her if she said anything against him to anyone and she believed it :angry:He likely would have done it too! Had my Dad lived I would have eventually killed him for what he did to my sisters, so maybe God was looking out for me by getting rid of him. My Dad is in Hell and even that is far too good for his sorry a$$ and all other child molesters too. I know this much for certain: If a parent allows their child to suffer what society gives to kids with bladder control issues the way I had to, then they are no better than my Dad was and they had better stay far away from me- I can't promise that I won't do something they'll regret much, much more than I ever will :whistling: Children deserve as good a chance at happiness as you can give them. Give them that chance.

Bettypooh

I have a memory of wetting my bed when younger, and thinking that it wasn't normal (turns out it was for my age). Knowing my cousin was having bed wetting issues much worse than mine, and he was still in "night nappies", I remember asking my mother hestitantly if I would be made to go back to "night nappies". Of course, I was secretly hoping she would say yes, but instead she told me not to be silly that I didn't have a problem and was quite normal. I feigned pleasure at this answer, but I was secretly disapointed inside...

I know this much for certain: If a parent allows their child to suffer what society gives to kids with bladder control issues the way I had to, then they are no better than my Dad was and they had better stay far away from me- I can't promise that I won't do something they'll regret much, much more than I ever will :whistling: Children deserve as good a chance at happiness as you can give them. Give them that chance.

Bettypooh

:thumbsup: Agreed. Amazing.

I just remember having parents that you couldn't successfully hide anything from very long. However I managed to get a diaper(s), Somehow, they would find it! Even when hidden in the must elusive manner... :screwy:

First actual diaper wearing: late 1980's vintage pampers in the orange box left from my brother's babyhood, wore one or two, then the box dissapeared... various other baby diapers borrowed and such, and finally a bag of attends when they were awesome... Hidden in the basement drop ceiling, I got away with having them for a good few months, wearing here or there... Then my parents decided to tear down the drop ceiling and do some electrical work. I guess my dad was the one to get the suprise cause he was the one to throw them all out and confront me for it. It was shrugged off and forgotten about. He managed to hide it from my Mom, thank god... :huh: I finally moved out and have *some* freedom to wear by comparison...