LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How To Be A Little Less Embarrassed When Buying Diapers

I just thought of this,

first goto the greeting cards section and pick out a card that says happy 50th, then buy them together, that way you can always say that its an "over the hill" joke for a birthday party.

Not to be mean, but i've seen this bday card excuse so many times. You didn't just think of it, you probably saw it somewhere and thought you came up with it.

Just buy them then get out, buying the card will make it more awkward in my opinion. Especially if you use the same card excuse every week or two.

Just wanted to toss my two cents in this. Ive bought from many different locations, from one of the local medical supply stores all the way to walmart on a saturday with all 25 lines open and loaded to the brim. Not once has anyone ever looked at me or said anything in any funny way whatsoever that I've heard of. I imagine there have been a few odd looks but the main thing is to not pay it any attention. One of the things I've learned is that if you don't attract attention to yourself and just act natural then chances are nothing will become of it.

But seriously just be yourself and don't make a big deal of it. And if anyone does say something to you, shrug it off and ignore them. I've always looked at it as it's my money not theirs, I earned it not them, I can do what I want with it and they have no say in the matter.

honestly this is what i do if im (at that time) feeling uncomfortable buying.

i sit infront of the store and have a quick smoke. try and make it look like you dont want to be there.

if it helps you feel better, count how many cars there are and mentally count how many people might be in the store.

at least 2 per car.

then i walk in and look around for a bit, then obviously look at my phone and wander over to the diaper isle.

glance back and forth from phone to diapers (or piece of paper.)

grab the pack that you want (making it look like its the one written down on the paper)

then walk up to the counter.

sometimes ill pretend to be on the phone and be like "yeah grandma i got them" or something. or "this school project sucks balls."

but sometimes ill just look around and be like "what the hell." and buy some gum or smokes.

it may not all be necessary or even help you guys.

but it makes me feel better

and sometimes like a spy or secret agent :0

Hey wait a minute! I'm 50 now!!! Do you want to race in a marathon hot shot? I'll kick your ass :)

Just grow some and buy the diapers.

• Like 1

Almost nobody would assume a 20 year old was buying diapers for himself. And almost nobody looks at what other people are buying so they would not even get the chance to assume things. So stop wasting money on cards.

Hey wait a minute! I'm 50 now!!! Do you want to race in a marathon hot shot? I'll kick your ass :)

Just grow some and buy the diapers.

hahahah you may kick his ass but you'll still be wearing diapers the whole time!!!!!! hehehehehe

• Like 1

I've posted this in several past forums, but here it goes again:

First, clerks will not care at all about what you are buying. They are there to do their jobs. Still, some people may be bothered by buying adult disposable diapers. This will help. Before leaving home, take a $20 bill and put it in a plain white envelope and put it in your pocket. Also, write the size and maybe a brand name of adult diaper on a slip of paper and put that in your pocket.

Once at the store, buy a few common things for yourself, such as toothpaste, deoderant, batteries, things that people use all the time in every day life. Then when you get to the diapers, pull the slip of paper out of your pocket, look it over and then put the bag of adult diapers in the cart. At the checkout counter, take your items out, ask that they be rung up separatly and pay for them with money out of your wallet. Then have the diapers rung up separatly, pull the envelope out of your pocket and pay with the $20 bill inside it. Carefully put the change back in the envelope and ask for the recipt, which you will also put in the envelope. Anyone will automatically assume you are running an errand for an elderly relative and the diapers are not connected to you in any way.

I've posted this in several past forums, but here it goes again:

First, clerks will not care at all about what you are buying. They are there to do their jobs. Still, some people may be bothered by buying adult disposable diapers. This will help. Before leaving home, take a $20 bill and put it in a plain white envelope and put it in your pocket. Also, write the size and maybe a brand name of adult diaper on a slip of paper and put that in your pocket.

Once at the store, buy a few common things for yourself, such as toothpaste, deoderant, batteries, things that people use all the time in every day life. Then when you get to the diapers, pull the slip of paper out of your pocket, look it over and then put the bag of adult diapers in the cart. At the checkout counter, take your items out, ask that they be rung up separatly and pay for them with money out of your wallet. Then have the diapers rung up separatly, pull the envelope out of your pocket and pay with the $20 bill inside it. Carefully put the change back in the envelope and ask for the recipt, which you will also put in the envelope. Anyone will automatically assume you are running an errand for an elderly relative and the diapers are not connected to you in any way.

I agree with rusty pins's remarks. I've been to my local CVS for diapers, and regardless of whether the clerk's an elderly woman, a nice-looking young girl, a 60-year-old man, or some guy in his late twenties, no one's going to raise a fuss about someone my age buying adult diapers. On the one hand, it's not their business as to what the customer's going to be doing with a particular product (although a guy buying condoms doesn't leave much to the imagination ^_^), and on the other hand, it isn't hard to figure that you're just buying for someone else. Imagine how any young man might feel if he was sent to pick up diapers for his grandmother or some other aging relative. The clerks and other customers might just assume that and nothing else.

the trick is here. buy some normal everyday stuff, for example food. then go for a some (preferably old-looking cashier woman), and look after if there's no line after you.

If you are forced to buy diapers from a store use this technique:

Sit them on the counter, cashier scans them, pay for them, and then walk out.

Craziest plan ever.

However, like everyone here I recommend buying better diapers on-line. They might take longer to get so order before you run out, but they are a thousand times better (made up statistic brought to you by Fox News [lol])

True that on-line stores have a better selection and all, but you must remember that everyone just can't mail order diapers for delivery. Some people are in the closet and live with roomates or family members and can't take any chance on a package of diapers being delivered to their home weather they are home to recieve them or they are at work. Sure, you could have them delivered to a mail drop, but if your going to go to all that trouble of setting up a mail drop and then stopping to pick up a case of diapers, wouldn't that be just as embaressing as going to a store and buying them in person?

My first time i bought nappies and plastic pants i was nerevous but kept going to the same shop. I still do and there is no problem. However, I was in another shop once when a young female assistant came over to me and asked if she could help. I said I was looking for some absorbent nappies and she asked me what size was the person that i was buying them for and I simply said they were for me. Well folks, ive never seen someone go so red.

enjoy

wearinganappy

Why all the 'cloak and dagger' stuff buying diapers.

If a shop stocks a product, that means that there is enough of a market locally to make it feasable for the shop to sell the product. Adult diapers are a large shelf space item, so the quantities we are talking about is approx 10 - 15 boxes a week (20 - 30 pks a week). That means that there are on average 20 - 30 customers buying the product weekly = 3~4 sales a day.

With the average daily sales of 3~4 a day, the staff are used to selling the product, so your purchase is just as mundane to the staff as the other 3/4 sales are.

Buying diapers = go to shops, pick up product, go to cashier, pay for product, leave.

Just wanted to toss my two cents in this. Ive bought from many different locations, from one of the local medical supply stores all the way to walmart on a saturday with all 25 lines open and loaded to the brim. Not once has anyone ever looked at me or said anything in any funny way whatsoever that I've heard of. I imagine there have been a few odd looks but the main thing is to not pay it any attention. One of the things I've learned is that if you don't attract attention to yourself and just act natural then chances are nothing will become of it.

But seriously just be yourself and don't make a big deal of it. And if anyone does say something to you, shrug it off and ignore them. I've always looked at it as it's my money not theirs, I earned it not them, I can do what I want with it and they have no say in the matter.

I agree 100%, I buy my diaper from the same medical store every time and I buy them by the case 2 types,

1/ lille abriform plus xl

2/ night time disposable diapers

I felt a little bit embarrassed at first but after the staff get to know you it's fine. I have actually told the staff that they are for me and that I have never had any control from being born, and you know what they seem to sympathise and treat me with respect.

They don't know that actually there is nothing wrong with me and that I just like wearing diapers.

• Like 1

I use to use the same shop all the time, go in pick up diapers , go to counter pay - leave

Till one day the had a sort round in the shop and they moved them to the stock room in the back, I went to the counter and aske if they had any of what I normally bought, I was taken through the back of the shop and asked which ones and then asked if they were for me I said yes, well we,ve started stocking these too and these might be better for you, They were so nice and really cool about it.

I used to buy plastic pant's from the same shop, they kept them in the back too, one day I was being very brave and asked if they could get any other types of plastic pants, again I was taken in the back and had to try and explain what I was looking for, The guy looked through all their suppliers catalouges then said he would ask around for me, in the end there was nothing else they could get.

The guy in the shop also asked me if I was seeing the continence nurse and said it would be worth my while if I did, she's really very good and nice, I named the lady concerned and he said ohh you've met then, frequently I said, ok great. I never minded buying from the shop because if they were busy they would always take you through the back away from other customers.

Do what I always do. Drive to the store in reverse. and always walk backwards. Then you wont be embaressed for buying them, you can simply state you were just returning them...

• Like 2

still looking for ways to make buying diapers a little more embarrassing :whistling:

actually with all the cloth backed and pull ups, I will probably never buy in a store again :crybaby:

When I was much younger, and buying pampers I felt all kinds of shame now the older I get the less I feel like a diaperboy and more like an incontinent guy but I still want to just be the diaperboy.