LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cruise Ship?

I have a cruise planed with the family in august. I've been searching around the web for info on incontinence and cruise ships, but came up dry other then one post about being cathed for it. Any ideas on how to handle this? We are flying out to Seattle and boarding the ship there and running out around to fairbanks and back. A week on the ship, I definitely can't carry enough with me.

It is no big deal on a cruise ship. I've been on 3 since I have been diapered 24/7. You will have to take enough on board with you to last the duration of the cruise; I use a duffel bag for that. As for disposal of your used diapers, I pack small trash bags, scented, to individually wrap them and have a larger one for that days diapers. You can ask for a diaper pail if you want; they provide them to families with small children and we older diaper folk. If you are going to Seattle the day before you can always send your supply by UPS to your hotel; I've done that a lot. The cruise line doesn't care how much luggage you bring on board.

I've done the Alaska cruise on Holland-America out of Vancouver, BC. I did ship my diaper supply to the hotel we stayed in as we flew to Vancouver the day before. As for buying in route, Juneau and Anchorage are decent size towns but I don't know what is available retail.

Have a good time, it is an incredible trip and one my partner and I would like to take again.

I have a cruise planed with the family in august. I've been searching around the web for info on incontinence and cruise ships, but came up dry other then one post about being cathed for it. Any ideas on how to handle this? We are flying out to Seattle and boarding the ship there and running out around to fairbanks and back. A week on the ship, I definitely can't carry enough with me.

Check with the ship's Doctor ;) I'd bet he can find a place to store enough of them where you can get to them, and probably for free :) Plus, since it's a private medical issue (which he's probably seen more than a few times already) he won't say anything to anyone about it :thumbsup: Or you may want to send a supply to yourself via 'General Delivery' at the PO in Fairbanks, then pick them up while you're ashore there- you won't be the only person re-boarding with a package of 'souvenirs' :angel_not: Just beware that sometimes 'general delivery' packages have been known to be late or to have never arrived at all :angry:

The thing is to find your solution early and allow for plenty since running out isn't an option :huh: Last- minute solutions usually work poorly or not at all :o PS: get vaccinations, diarrhea, and flu meds before you leave, you don't want to spend your fun-time not having fun :crybaby:

Enjoy the cruise B)

Bettypooh

I've been on two cruises and I've loved both of them. You have a state room to change diapers in and I was even able to arrange to have my diapers washed daily. I wear cloth. My wife and I do not party much, but we love to read, dance, go to shows, and visit shore sites. I had no difficulty and the cruise personnel were very supportive and understanding. Just be you and enjoy life to the fullest!

The cruise staff has always been great. We never had any mention or issue with my diapers. I've hung plastic pants to dry in the shower and bagged a few diapers and tossed them in the trash. I am fanatically neat and tidy with my diaper wearing and try very hard for it not to make any extra work. One thing we do is give our cabin attendant a cash tip on the 1st day which seems to us to be the decent thing to do, given the circumstances.

Just take diapers with you like any other vacation. By law you are allowed to take extra bags of "medical supplies". You may be asked to show that they are indeed medical supplies, so hide the Bambinos on the bottom, but otherwise you shouldn't have any problems.

dmavn,

if you contact the cruise line doctor, he/she will be able to make all the arrangements as needed. What is usually done is that the Dr will ask you to deliver what you require (in diapers etc) prior to the departure date, and this will be security checked and then loaded on board. When you arrive on board, and are assigned a cabin, a portion of this package will be placed in your room as well with a secure disposal methodology.

For my cruising to the antarctic continent, I have been able to order 4 weeks before the departure the quantity and brand of diapers I need. When we shipped in, I found in my cabin the 112 AbriForm X-Plus I ordered and enough bags for waist diapers. The ship was M.S. Hanseatic of Hapag-Lloyd.

Joerg

you can always ship (mail) the diapers to the ship "Care Of *your Name, Cabin # etc*"

for me being incontinent as well as working on a cruise ship for over 5 years its not a big deal getting diapers on board... i have purchased diapers from most ports of calls from the med, baltic, south america, the carrabean, alaska... you name it i brought the diapers onboard!...

so a weeks worth is not a big deal!

• 1 month later...

've been on two cruises and I've loved both of them. You have a state room to change diapers in and I was even able to arrange to have my diapers washed daily. I wear cloth. My wife and I do not party much, but we love to read, dance, go to shows, and visit shore sites. I had no difficulty and the cruise personnel were very supportive and understanding. Just be you and enjoy life to the fullest! "

Turtle pins: They washed your cloth diapers? Really? Wow how did you arrange that? And who on the staff got that job?

Maybe cruise ships should start offering diaper service's like this!

• 4 weeks later...

Check with the cruise line. They do carry some brands. Like most hotels, they all have high quality waterproof mattress covers but they appreciate any advance notice that there may be issues. They will make sure to strip and launder your sheets more often.

You also have the option of sending supplies ahead. Most will recommend this. You can FedEx or UPS a case to your attention on the ship.

• 1 month later...

Already received my tickets and sent them an email on Thursday with my suite number etc. . Still waiting on a reply from them. of course, our cruise doesn't embark until the 22nd of next month. Times like this it would be nice if i had some catheters left. Not looking forward to the long flight out to Seattle. self-conscious, a little paranoid, extremely shy and somewhat antisocial. Being drug along with my brother and sister. Just worried about the flight a little.

"Please be advised that you must bring this with you. We are notable to provide them onboard and you cannot send them to the ship prior to yoursailing date."

sigh, Guess I will be going out with 3 bags now..

If you are staying the night in Seattle you can ship them to your hotel, Just make sure the delivery date arrives a few days earlier than your arrival. The hotel will hold the package until you arrive. They are very good about this at most hotels. That way you only need to pack them to the ship the morning of your departure.

I've shipped a box of diapers to hotels a lot, no big deal. I put a big red duffle bag in the box to repack them for the ship. I even did it to Vancouver, BC prior to a cruise to Alaska. Otherwise I would have a 3rd bag just for the diapers.

Dmavn-

My wife and I did a 3 week cruise in the Med, and it was fantastic! Go my friend, and enjoy the trip. I have many friends who have done the SEA-AK cruise route and they all loved it- even my grumpy parents. We live near Seattle, and watch the cruise ships go out every Sunday afternoon while we are out sailing. The idea of a duffel bag for your supplies is a great one, as is the idea of shipping cases of your diapers to the hotel ahead of time. Call the concierge and make these arrangements so that they are waiting for you there when you arrive.

As for flying, I do that out of Seattle at least 3 time a month year round for work. I do flights from 4 to 9 hours with no issues, though I hate the Taipei route... The airport is well laid out, and help can be found if you have mobility issues. I have had lots of understanding help from the TSA folks there when going thru screening. If your flight is long, take extra diapers on board with you in a fanny pack. That way you can discretely carry them into the head when you need a change.