LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New To Bedwetting- Need Help With Leaks

I recently has a seizure, (due to cerebral palsy) and as a result I've lost my continence, day and night. I manage during the day okay, but during the night I constantly leak. It seams no matter how tight I get the diaper the top (Not around the legs, those stay tight) loosen up, and eventually I leak. I sleep on my side, and the urine seeps out the sides and the back as its pretty loose. I'm 5'10 and about 175 wearing a medium bambino. I know its an AB diaper, but still good quality none the less. Also have a liner in there as well. I do have a slight gut and the diaper is tight right below the gut. instead of below the belly button. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Blake

I recently has a seizure, (due to cerebral palsy) and as a result I've lost my continence, day and night. I manage during the day okay, but during the night I constantly leak. It seams no matter how tight I get the diaper the top (Not around the legs, those stay tight) loosen up, and eventually I leak. I sleep on my side, and the urine seeps out the sides and the back as its pretty loose. I'm 5'10 and about 175 wearing a medium bambino. I know its an AB diaper, but still good quality none the less. Also have a liner in there as well. I do have a slight gut and the diaper is tight right below the gut. instead of below the belly button. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Blake

its hard for a disposable to work for us side sleepers.... however make sure the diaper can wrap around so maybe another brand or a larger size might solve the problem, I use large size diapers even tho a med will fit but the large will wrap and tape in closer to the front of the brief this helps me alot! :)

its hard for a disposable to work for us side sleepers.... however make sure the diaper can wrap around so maybe another brand or a larger size might solve the problem, I use large size diapers even tho a med will fit but the large will wrap and tape in closer to the front of the brief this helps me alot! :)

+1

Side-sleeper here too, and the wrap-around effect is the best protection you can get from a disposable. Otherwise you really need to go cloth/plastic for side protection.

I would say point your "junk" down between your legs when you put your diaper on,

but that might be easier said than done... I say this because I realize that young

guys often have nocturnal erections during sleep, which might be painful if "Peter"

is pointing down.

On the other hand, when you get close to 50, nocturnal erections are more rare. (Or maybe

I'm broken!) I usually wear cotton diapers and plastic pants for my bedwetting, but

when traveling, I use disposable diapers and point the little soldier down... I rarely

leak when doing so.

All around great advice and I thank you for it, everyone. I am still however puzzled why the top of the diaper becomes loose throughout the night but not during the day... I don't think I toss and turn, but who knows. As for the other diapers, the ones that I've tried the tapes weren't quite sticky enough, having only one hand to diaper myself, I need a couple adjustments to get things right. In any case, I'll give the larger diaper a try as I have a few lying around. If anyone can solve that other problem however, I'd be in their debt. Still getting used to being incontinent, takes a bit of adjustment.

Blake

Blake you can try useing a small peice of good duct tape just over the tabs, leave a small portion of the tab sticking out so you can rip the diaper off easyer, those tabs slip under the best conditions.

Also if the diaper is high enough you can fold the top of the diaper in and form like a cuff on the top of the diaper, for example instead of folding the top of the diaper over on the outside fold it inside, might not help a whole lot but might help a bit....Good Luck Blake

Blake

Hi Blake, Sorry that you had the CP seizure. Sudden lost of continence always sucks. I am profoundly urinary incontinent, but that runs in my family so I had years to get my head into a place where I could cope with diapers to gain social continence.

Side sleepers do better in the right style cloth diaper with the appropriate size waterproof pants. Still, it is a fact of incontinence life that there will be leaks in bed. Before selecting different diapers, be sure your waterproof sheet is modern and not worn out. I use the waterproof sheeting made by Secure Personal, which is soft, with absorbent layers top and bottom. The one close to you holds minor leaks and the inner layer keeps the sheeting from moving around on the mattress. A conventional fitted bottom sheet goes over the waterproof sheeting. Then cross-ways on your bed use a hospital-style "draw sheet" which should have a waterproof layer which is placed away from you. If you leak the draw sheet catches it.

Selection of disposable style is almost as important as correct fit. In bed poly-plastic has many advantages because it slides on bedding without cling. Experienced care givers find it much easier to change a bed-ridden patient using poly-plastic disposables. Cloth-like might work better when you are awake, and with hook and loop tabs those can be repositioned. The best poly-plastic diapers for incontinent adults do not have thick landing zones, as you find on Bambino. When incontinent you will find you sleep better when the plastic at the top front is supple and thin. This means you only have one chance to place the tape correctly. That becomes natural with practice. The downside to cloth-like and hook and loop diapers is they cling to bedding, pulling gaps which leak. The only practical work-around is to cover cloth-like diapers with cloth or plastic pants, which can become uncomfortable in bed.

The waist of your diapers gets loose in bed because contact with your bedding pulls it constantly. During the day there is much less stress on your diaper from your slacks or trousers. Besides, the only time waist leaks are an issue is when you recline in bed.

for me i use bambino plane white diapers with plastic pants for extra protection. and i have not leaked yet. used to wear my daytime diapers witch is depends three tape type. and my wife would have to wake up to check me and wake me if i was very wet and or leaking. now she doesnt have to wake up midnight and check. so now we both get full night sleep. try the next size up. so you can wrap your self more with the side flaps.

also if you drink before bed time. limit your intake. it has worked for me.

if all else fails you might need to switch to cloth diapers at night with plastic pants.

I want to thank everyone for their overwhelming responses. I've taken everything into consideration, and will try a combination of many things. I did find that wearing some plastic pants over the diaper along with something that has an elastic waistband over the top of the diaper, where it usually comes loose, helped it stay tight enough to prevent leaks. I will also try to stop intake of water a bit earlier, although it doesn't help I'm used to averaging a gallon a day of water, lol. In any case everyone's support is much appreciated. I will continue to try combination such as larger diapers, etc. THANKS for helping out a newbie.

I have complete bladder and partial bowel incontinence and I have dealt with leaks and found what works (for me).

To answer your questions the best pull-up is the Abena Abri-Flex protective underwear. These work well for a "pull up", but it is still just a "pull up".

For night time leaks you will have to wear a quality diaper...period!

I have tried every possible option, and found that if you use a "standard" quality diaper as soon as you sleep on your side you will leak (unless you use a very good booster pad).

I personally prefer the Abena Abri-Form briefs for night time (or daytime extended wear) use, and I rarely have issues with leaks.

I found that if you put a booster pad over your penis (with it pointing down) and then your diaper it is VERY rare that you will leak, the drawback is that this combination is expensive...but it works, and works very well.

As a matter of fact I have found that if you use a high quality booster pad even with the Attends with waistband diapers it works very good for leaks as well, but you might have to change during the night, but with the Abena's you can go all night without changing due to leaks.

the pointing the penis "junk" down does in deed work, also for me the companys say im a med size, but i found wearing a large I can wrap the wings over more witch helps let the pee trickel around to the back, but I also wear plastic pants for just incase a leak does happen, and i have a bed pad under my sheets. as i cant stop all the leaks but i can control some. now if you can point your penis down, then placing a booster pad near the front of the diaper will increase its ablity to hold pee, just remember not all leaks can be stopped but be limited.

also i use bambino diapers for at night, with booster pads, witch makes them very thick and bulky, but the leaks dont really happen unless i some how loosen the diaper up by moving around in my sleep.

Is it that bambino is more secure against leaking?

no just a better diaper like abena or molicare higher capacity and quicker absorbtion than cheaper diapers..the only reason i use bambino over the others is i like it plain and white.. BUT yes when compared to cheaper diapers

I like the bambino for many reasons, i have noted i use them with and with out the added booster pad, i use the booster pads if i have drank fluids before bedtime, as i know im going to leak alot more, plus the hold just as much as the molicares or the abena x-plus. the tapes last a little longer on the bambino diapers i think. and they hold better with all the moving around i do at night, during the daytime now i started to wear molicares when it gets warmer out ill be switching to abens airplus diapers to help stay cooler.

plastic pants help alot with leaks. get good plastic pants nor the cheap ones were the legs and waist bands wear out in a couple of days of use. and then they start to leak.

:(

I too became a bedwetter about 4 years ago with the onslought of diabetes. At first I thought it was because of the problems with my back because I was having daytime issues as well. Well I had the surgery (4 1/2 hrs of it) for my back and it not only fixed my back but took care of my daytime episodes, but didn't do a thing for the bedwetting.

My Dr told me that with diabetes this is a common problem and gave me a prescription which didn't help, but did constipate me. There was another drug, but it would have complications with my other meds.

So I've just learned to deal with it, I wear cloth diapers because disposables just don't do the trick (I'm a heavy wetter), I fold two baby size diapers inside an adult diaper and use this for the center inside another adult diaper, and rubber pants. Most nights I have no leaks with this combination. In case I do, I have 2 hospital type pads positioned under me, and under my sheets I have a water proof sheet.

Hope that helps, Oh, and when I travel I make sure to take my hospital pads with me.

Peace,

Vic :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the tips Guy.

I've tried multiple ways of taping, found that if I spread the two tapes as far apart as possible and get them as tight as possible, this helps tremendously with leaks. I've also broken the bad habbit of taping one side further in than the other. As long as I keep the inital taping as even as possible, this helps keep the legs tighter on BOTH sides, and not just one. Making sure that the front panels are flat and to the side also helps allot. If using a diaper that is readustable, once a preliminary tape has been made, pull the diaper towards the buttocks, then tape top and bottom once more, to get the diaper tight between the small of the back, lean a bit while tapeing, and to get a tight fit around the legs bring each leg towards your chest to see where the slack is on the side before taping. Combine this with some scotch no scissors/need to cut packing tape to make sure the tapes don't stretch or come off during the night (or day), you got yourself a tight fit (all this lying down of course).

I also found that using a double liner helped as well as cutting back my fluid intake an hour and a half before bed. (For better or worse I usually drink a gallon of water a day)