LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Wear The Same Type Of Diaper Now As You Did As Baby?

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear the same type of diapers now as you did as a baby?

• Same type of diaper
    • Different type of diaper

I'm just curious if everyone wears the same type of diaper now as they wore as a baby. I have always assumed that since I very much prefer disposables that I had worn disposables as a baby. I figured my diaper fetish was somehow connected to my childhood. But, while talking to my mom the other day she told me that I had only worn cloth diapers. I do not remember how we got on the subject but I was very much surprised.

When I was a baby my mother used to diaper me with cloth diapers, but by far I prefer to wear disposables, the plastic one. I hate the "cloth like" disposable diapers...

In fact it seems that I prefer the kind of diapers available for babies at the time I reached puberty, the good old plastic Pampers!

I was in cloth as a baby, but I like both kinds now. For reasons of convenience and discretion, the vast majority of my diaper time is in disposables. I do think I prefer cloth, on the whole, though--there's more of a babyish feeling, for me.

I was in disposables myself as a baby, though likely plastic backed since cloth backed was still trying to catch on (I think). What little bit I have tried dabbled in both, though not at a size that'd fit me proper. But with that said, I've found myself preferring the cloth backed disposables. They're softer to me.

I was exclusively a cloth diaper baby, with the exception of when we went on trips and vacations, when I got what Mom called, "Campin' Diaps". aka, disposables. I'm fairly certain that the hoopla this caused with my cousins and family is another thing that lead to all this. My mother's diaper changing routine was, from what I've heard, something of a show, as she really got into it. . . Weirdo.

There were no disposable diapers when I was a baby. So I know I wore cloth diapers and when I was adopted at age 6 I was in the Gerber brand gauze diapers. I have tried disposables but I'm allergic to something in all of them (spent thousands trying to find one I could wear). Now, however, I want the thickness more than I used to so I'm okay with it.

As I've said in another post, the type of nappy we like to wear as an AB is more to do with what we saw when growing up. The adverts of the time, what younger family members wore, and just the general culture around the whole nappy thing. I was in cloth as a baby, but I always always wanted disposibles, because thats what I remeber from the tv ads, and some younger cousins. Anyone who says they remeber what they wore as a child either has extraordinary memory or they're making it up as they go along.

Have a read of http://understanding.infantilism.org/surveys/abdl_diaper_preferences.php It shows theres about a 5 year discrepency between a nappy style changing, and abdl's becoming "aware" of that change as it where.... http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=20204&st=0&p=270436&#entry270436 also has some interesting posts on this subject.

I think this is a fascinating question. Most would assume that our childhood experiences would influence our choice in nappies. It seems this is not the case. Like th OP, my mother only ever used to use cloth nappies and yet my fixations have always focussed on disposables.

Loopy and night0wl you're absolutely right. What we wore as child I'd say has little to do with what we now prefere. I know I mainly wore cloth. I like cloth and disposables. There are quite a few people that think the feel of a diaper and it's texture is something engrained in us that we want to recreate as an adult. I say fuwy with that. I doubt any of us would have a clue as to how it felt as a baby. If you put a dozen different diapers from years ago infront of us now, most of us wouldn't have clue which one touched their bottom. Not only that, diapers weren't necessarily the best years ago. If you got a disposible from the 70's or 80's you'd probably think it's a crappy, thin diaper and not super soft and cute like they make them now. It's all in what we perceive a diaper to be, that is what we want really I think. Something soft, thick, crinkly, cuddly, cute and warm. Likely not what was out there when we were real babies.

I saw that thread and I was confounded!

I've mentioned before that I trained late (age ~3.5) and I had strong memories of diapers in babyhood, and in adolescence when I discovered ABDL tendencies.

I remember wearing both cloth (and pins which you will remember if your mommy or changer is clumsy :o ), and disposables. I can remember they were Pampers but not if they were taped or pins. And rubber pants over both.

Adolescence--all I saw were disposables, the old style.

What do I wear now as a DL? Both; cheap disposables, snap-on cloth diapers I found at a medical store online, and plastic pants. So, all of them or none of them. Some poll (seriously, though, good topic!)

I was born in the early 70's and I was in cloth and waterproof pants (Rubber pants my parents called them - though I don't know if they were in fact rubber or if they were plastic) I think I was in disposables on some trips and once I was wearing only at night. But my preference is for plastic backed disposables. I have a major attraction to disposables up until they started switching to cloth like covers. Thick, crinkly diapers you could see through clothing and tell that it was a diaper, crinkleing with every step. Like Loopy said this was the kind of diaper I watched my younger cousins use and the diaper commercials that captivated me (Even while I was still in diapers - I named my first dog after the kid in diaper commercial - when I was three and still in diapers myself.) My attraction to diapers was strong in my early childhood - but wow when puberty hit. That was it - and diapers of the mid 80s were thick and competing to out thick each other. My mom had a friend who had two diaper aged boys when I was between 10-13 years old - how badly I wanted to be diapered along with them. *sigh*

When I was growing up (starting in 1964) my Mom and our extended family was gauze-diaper-friendly and very much anti-disposable. Although my memory only starts over a year from when I was toilet trained, that memory is of Mom pinning me into a dry gauze diaper on a lawn at Renaissance Faire. Mon believed in "just-in-case" diapers for special events and long trips. She was always nice about it and never demanded any of us wear a diaper.

It was a big event on a trip in 1972 when my baby sister was not quite 3 and got sick. Mom suddenly decided to buy some Pampers. That was before Pampers had sticky tapes. By 1976 Mom's much younger sister (my favorite Aunt Betsy) had her first child. The next summer Betsy and her husband bought the house across the street. By then they also had a son. Betsy kept both of her babies in Pampers.

By then I had reverted to bedwetting so I diapered myself for bed, using flat gauze Curities and Gerber vinyl panties. When I was accepted to university Mom and I realized I could not wash cloth diapers in a dorm in 1981. That was when I transitioned to Attends disposables.

Now that I am happily married, I normally wear pinned gauze diapers to bed, and more discreet disposables under my responsible outfits at my law office.

I have learned to make-do with disposables, but they never put me in an AB mood. For me only pinned gauze diapers enhance my AB play.

I was born in '59, so I was a cloth kid. We have a couple of pictures from our younger days and one is of my younger brother at around age 1 and very obviously wearing cloth diapers. I found receipts for the 'tidy didy' diaper service we used, so I imagine they were flat fold gauze (possibly heavy birdseye?) diapers and plastic pants from the service.

Today, I am heavily drawn to gauze and birdseye prefolds, I used to fold my own way back when and am frankly sick of folding diapers and desperately wanted the prefolds I have now and which I absolutely adore! :wub:

With the convenience of disposables though, it took me a bit to accept them as an alternative, but the brands I find that I enjoy the most are either Abena X, secure Xplus /secure plus and bambino, as they all have features that my .....uhh...interest..or obsession or 'fetish' demands.

My first and formost love though is the good old standard prefold cloth diaper and gerber style plastic pants.

qwack

I grew up as a toddler in cloth and gerber pants. Then from 8-14 mom got me toddler disp diapers to tuck into my underpants. They soaked up most of my pee so I only had to change the sheets once a week or so. I guess I had my puberty years in "Pampers" but I never got to wear them since I was too big. I have a thing for toddler diapers but ONLY if they are plastic backed. But I have to say that my cloth feel, smell, and look the best on me and thats what I wore as a baby.

As a baby of the early 50s cloth was all we had. As a teen in the 60s I was small enough to still fit into Curity 21x40s with Gerber Toddler sized plastic pants. Pampers were just becoming popular but no where big enough to fit a teenager. As soon as I realized there were adult disposable diapers available, I switched.

Since most babies of the 70s and beyond were wearing disposable diapers it was easy to make a new connection. The carry over I have from my babyhood is plastic pants. I have always loved the look and feel of plastic pants and I think that being able to wear plastic pants as a teen is was got me hooked on diapers. I love to wet my diapers and without plastic pants as a teen it would not have been possible.

For me, it's not what I WORE as a child, but how I relate to diapers. When I realized I liked them, I saw children around me wearing disposables, in ads, in real life, etc. So that's what I long for. I came across a womens day magazine that I stole/hid when I was a kid, it had 3 diaper ads inside, and an ad for Pull-ups on the back cover. The old-school cutie pie pull-ups, not the "big kid" style ones. The ones that had cute baby prints on them. I remember being a kid and tucking a towel between my legs in the bathroom and looking at those ads and playing with myself. :P It was from back in the days when diapers were thick, pillowy, and soft. No mention of "slim and trim" in these ads. I think the photographers fluffed up the diapers on purpose to actually make them appear thicker and more soft.

Being born in the mid 60's. I was raised in cloth diapers with plastic pants. During "potty training", I wore the thermal knit training pants with plastic pants. I am a bed wetter and was wearing cloth diapers to bed still at age 9 or 10. So, my preference today is still cloth simply because I have memories of wearing cloth diapers as a small child. I like disposables too as they were starting to become popular when I was elementary school age and I was realizing I was not like the other kids my age because I had a "thing" for diapers. I saw disposables in the stores, in ads and other younger kids wearing them and this peaked my interest in disposable diapers.

As a child I wore both cloth and plastic pants and disposable diapers, old style plastic backed Pampers. I wore diapers relatively late into childhood and remember being in both kinds and preferring disposables because they weren't as thick and obvious as cloth and plastic pants. Today, I prefer disposable diapers, Bambinos, because I like the plastic backing and they make me feel very babyish. Just my preference.

being a baby in the mid 50s, brought up wearing cloth diapers and plastic pants and wear the same today. Just love feeling of thick cloth diapers and the look and feel of nice plastic pants over cloth. for me it is great times.

post-9772-12661472125276_thumb.jpg

post-9772-12661472125276_thumb.jpg