LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bidet - Modern Hygiene For The Bathroom

I know this might be off topic but I want to share this with everyone. This is also something that can be easily discussed in this group. I bought a Bidet attachment. Those of you in Europe and in Asian countries obviously know of the Bidet already. As I understand, most Americans get exposed to the Bidet when traveling.

I'm blown away how backwards we are in America with bathroom hygiene. You would think after indoor plumbing a bidet would have been a standard! I went to Lowes and Home Depot and there was absolutely no choice or even for an attachment.

Now I don't want to insult or start a discussion about wiping, but I can't understand how anyone can feel properly clean with dry toilet paper! For 26 years I've used wipes and in recent years used foaming rinse cleaners with wipes. Now I'm able bodied and I'm not overweight so I'm not restricted in movement. I go so far as to stand with one leg on the tub and bending over to clean myself and it takes so long to get clean.

So realizing the Bidet might be the answer, I bought the Luxe Bidet MB320 Double Nozzle Fresh and Warm Water Spray Bidet Toilet Seat Attachment from Amazon for $87 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KKRCGE/ref=oss_product I've been using it for a few weeks now and it's unbelievable, how did I survive without it? So far I've found that 95% of the time I don't need to wipe. It's so simple, after your bowel movement turn the temperature control dial and pressure control knob and the Bidet spout cleans you, that's it. It's amazing after a bowel movement you feel as fresh as after a shower. I keep a towel on my tub and I pat myself dry. There's another spout that is for female use but I use this too especially after wearing a diaper. I can't wait for the summer to just sit down and set it to cold to freshen up.

You can just hook up the cold water to the toilet inlet or also add the hot water to the Bidet. I did this by drilling a small hole in the sink cabinet. Hardware is supplied, you need a wrench and teflon tape. If you have some weird shut off valves you might need to run to Home Depot to get some adapters, I needed to do this but it was simple.

Finally, please consider this, it's cheap, easy and you wonder how you lived without it! And if you have IBS like me this will help during those times. So if you any questions or need help I'm here, I hope I convince a few people here!

Phil

• Like 2

You've really never seen a bidet before? It has been in the US for the longest time since it's parent invention in the 1700's. I bet you didn't know that bidets are more popular in South America than Europe did you. Sorry, but I prefer not to have water shot up my ass especially in a hotel where who knows what germs are laying in wait.

I have never understood how bidet could work better than wiping. Having spent a lot of time washing mud off school buses and cars I know that even spraying high pressure water won't actually get all the mud off. To clean all the mud off it takes some scrubbing.

I have never understood how bidet could work better than wiping. Having spent a lot of time washing mud off school buses and cars I know that even spraying high pressure water won't actually get all the mud off. To clean all the mud off it takes some scrubbing.

Right. Pressure washing is amazing at getting streets and such clean, but do you really want to "pressure wash" your hole?

Bidets are not found everywhere in Europe, but especially around the Mediterranean, as well as in Arabic countries it is the norm. When there is no room for a bidet, you'll find at least a small hand shower next to the toilet to wash.

I personally don't understand the use of dry paper either. For me it doesn't do anything, hence I never do a number two outside of the house and try to reach a shower or bidet right after. The usage is (well, that's my personal experience as I usually don't stand around to look when others are in the toilet) that you spray water from the bidet right on your bottom and use your hand if necessary to clean. Some paper to dry and you're fresh!

Japan is even more fascinating when it comes to toilets. The equipment there comes with warm pulsating water sprays, hot air and everything you'd expect to see in a modern car wash, but than in miniature scale (bottom size so to speak). There's often a row of buttons to access all functionality, including, but not limited to storing personal settings. If you're a toilet enthousiast, go see Japan!

japan-toilet2.jpg

• Like 1

Japan is even more fascinating when it comes to toilets. The equipment there comes with warm pulsating water sprays, hot air and everything you'd expect to see in a modern car wash, but than in miniature scale (bottom size so to speak). There's often a row of buttons to access all functionality, including, but not limited to storing personal settings. If you're a toilet enthousiast, go see Japan!

Funny you mention that because it is TRUE! Japan even has urinals that, lets just say, make it look like you are doing it with a female picture on the wall. I do remember camping when we lived in Japan, having to squat to BM, that was interesting too!

This bathroom is my private bathroom, I keep a towel on the tub to pat myself dry.

For anyone who hasn't used a Bidet, you don't know what you are missing! If you got mud on your car, what would you use to wipe it off, a dry sponge, a wet sponge or a hose?

The water pressure on your butt is adjustable. Another way to think about is, what makes you feel cleaner, a sponge bath or a shower?

Phil

So how do you dry your butt after using this thing? Do you need butt towels?

Hi Phil. We have a removable shower head in our shower that I use to clean up after I have gone to the bathroom. I'm with you when you say that you end up much cleaner than if you use paper or even a baby wipe alone. I haven't bought toilet paper in months. Might sound a little strange to some folks but seriously, you end up much cleaner.

The removable shower head is also an invaluable tool when you need to clean up after a messy diaper too.

For 26 years I've used wipes and in recent years used foaming rinse cleaners with wipes.

Phil

For some reason I can't get this picture out of my mind! You are standing at your toilet after taking a dump with a can of "Scrubbing Bubbles" pointed at your backside! :roflmao:

• 4 weeks later...

I tore apart my bathroom last Saturday to put down a ceramic tile floor. I'll probably won't have it back together until this Saturday {thanks Home Depot for wrong info!}

So I'm using another bathroom in the house that is used by another. I miss my Bidet so much! Really, once you go Bidet there is no looking back. Just seems so uncivilized to wipe! I feel dirty and I'm sore.

Phil

The office I worked at in Tokyo had a couple of the stall equipped with the Super-Duper toilets. It took a bit to figure out the controls...like the pink buttons sprayed up for the female anatomy (front and back) and the blue buttons for the male (back only).

Mmmm... did my business and hit the "blue" button. Spray, and then a delightful warm drying air. It was great. Worked like a champ!

• 2 weeks later...

I remember that a friend of mine who lived in Mexico City had one in the house that his folks were renting. He asked his dad what that was and he answered that it was one of them there fancy foot washers. :roflmao:

I know this might be off topic but I want to share this with everyone. This is also something that can be easily discussed in this group. I bought a Bidet attachment. Those of you in Europe and in Asian countries obviously know of the Bidet already. As I understand, most Americans get exposed to the Bidet when traveling...

Phil

Bidets are not found everywhere in Europe, but especially around the Mediterranean, as well as in Arabic countries it is the norm. When there is no room for a bidet, you'll find at least a small hand shower next to the toilet to wash.

I personally don't understand the use of dry paper either. For me it doesn't do anything, hence I never do a number two outside of the house and try to reach a shower or bidet right after. The usage is (well, that's my personal experience as I usually don't stand around to look when others are in the toilet) that you spray water from the bidet right on your bottom and use your hand if necessary to clean. Some paper to dry and you're fresh!

japan-toilet2.jpg

Holy sh*t! :o

Well, fie on the toilet! It's made slaves of you all! I've seen it sitting in there, lazy, slothful, porcelain layabout feeding on other people's doo-doos while contributing nothing of its own to society!