LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dpf Website Is Now Gone

I first read about DPF in late September 1990 the same day I learned about the use of AB to cope with my incontinence. That night before going to bed I wrote to Tommy asking for membership information. Only a few days later Tommy replied with a personal letter as well as a membership application. I answered both and included my check in my reply. Next I received another personal letter from Tommy in a package including several back-issue Newsletters. I phoned to thank him. During that conversation I told him I was excited to have been invited to two different movie industry Halloween parties, one in West Hollywood. I said my sister Missy was making me a Onesies to match her own. We were attending the parties together in real diapers.

Shortly before Thanksgiving I was assigned a case in San Francisco, where I would be staying at the St. Francis Hotel. I phoned Tommy to say I would be free for dinner one of those nights, but that I did not drive. He assured me he did drive and would love to take me to dinner. If possible Marky would come directly from his office.

Tommy was dressed like a typical business executive in an expensive suit. My guess was originally he was in his early 50s. Marky was taller, a bit younger and almost was well dressed. They were fascinating men. None of our conversation was about diapers.

The next time I had a meal with Tommy was in June 1991. By then I had fallen in love with Don Davis and written 4 of my Baby Angel columns for the Newsletter, one of which had not been published. Don already knew Tommy and Marky. He told me on the plane to Oakland that Tommy was a couple of years older than himself. Don was born in 1932 meaning he believed Tommy was born in 1930. We all had a fabulous dinner at a restaurant over-looking the ferry pier in Sausalito. That is the Marin County end of the Golden Gate Bridge. Marky had taken the ferry and joined us once he landed. After dinner we all drove to their house, which then was still in Sausalito. They moved to an even larger house in Mill Valley later.

Labor Day Weekend of 1991 Don and I drove up to Novoto in northern Marin County for Fall Renaissance Faire. Sunday of that weekend Marky and Tommy were our VIP guests at Faire. I sensed that the warm day and strenuous walking really tired Tommy. While he was feeling unwell, he did look considerably older. A rest in the cool VIP tent put Tommy back in his chipper mood. They followed us to the Novoto Motel so Marky could change Tommy. I also needed a dry diaper. Then we followed them south to Tommy's favorite restaurant, the location of which I do not remember.

As long as I wrote my DPF column, which ended in the Summer of 2001, we would see Tommy 2 or more times a year. I needed to stop the column because I had no spare time. Tommy understood. From then on we exchanged phone calls and holiday cards. Don had lunch with Tommy in 2003 or 2004. The last time Don spoke to Tommy by phone was in early 2007, shortly after Don learned he had prostate cancer. Although Tommy seemed lucid during the conversation, a few minutes later Marky phoned Don to explain about Tommy's Alzheimer's dementia. That was the final conversation either of us had with either of them. We all continued exchanging holiday cards. Last Christmas we got one from them, with no mention of Tommy's health.

I remember hearing about someone else who published infantilism stories--I think they were called the "Amber E. Stories". When she passed away, DPF took over publishing those stories, to keep them from disappearing. I really wish Marky would let someone do the same with Tommy's life work.

One thing people should know is that Amber E stories were purchased by Tommy and DPF because Florence, the owner of Amber E wanted to retire. This was well known by DPF members at the time since Tommy published the purchase in his newsletter and listed the Amber E stories for sale by DPF. Unfortunatly Florence wrote me that she had some problems and was trying to restart her business up again under a new name but it never caught on and she died 2 years later. I'm mentioning this because Florence was a friend of mine. I don't want people to forget about her or think that Tommy just became the one to carry on the sales of all her stories "after she passed away". Florence just decided to retire and sell all her stories to someone big in the AB/DL world who would be able to continue publishing and selling them. Thats why Tommy took over publishing and selling them thorugh DPF.

I'm saddened but not terribly surprised to hear that. Tommy played fast and loose with copyright law in lots of other instances (i.e., selling a video with copies of AB-related talk shows, and including copyrighted cartoons and newspaper articles in the newsletters)--nothing worse than we do on the internet every day, but a little bit risky, I always thought. And I really didn't care for the terms under which he published stories, which is why I never considered submitting mine to DPF. But I had always assumed the Amber E thing was legit.

Tell us more about Florence, she sounds like something of an unsung hero. How did she wind up publishing AB/DL stories?

I'm kind of sad DPF is gone, you always fondly remember the first time. Even by the time I got there in about '98 -'99 it seemed like it was going downhill. I remember visiting the boards a few years after that, after I'd moved on to somewhere else, and it was really scary, It was like looking through the wreckage of a train crash for survivors, the boards were full of abuse and anger. I'd really like to know the story of what happened there. I heard that Tommy got sick/died and as a result was scamming people, but What is all this [That OTHER site] business about? I've only ever heard this name mentioned in passing. I know who [That site] is, is [That OTHER site] a worse version of [That site]?

i'm scared to google it if it's worse than [That site], could anyone help a brother out?

What is all this [That OTHER site] business about? I've only ever heard this name mentioned in passing. I know who [That site] is, is [That OTHER site] a worse version of [That site]?

i'm scared to google it if it's worse than [That site], could anyone help a brother out?

I know very little about [That OTHER site], but I'll tell you what I know. Maybe someone else knows more about it.

[That OTHER site] was a site that was run by Brian Cobb. The majority of the site was photos, but I seem to remember there was a forum also. Cobb basically stole photos of minors in diapers(from infants, all the way up to 18) that were posted by parents on mom websites and such. I believe he also had photos of 18+ individuals, but he seemed to have double the amount of under 18 individuals.

Last I heard Cobb got charged with several crimes, though I don't remember the specifics or if he was sentenced. I remember that the parents whose photos he stole were extremely pissed.

You might be able to find some of the news articles if you Google him.

Edit: I Googled Brian Cobb and found a thread over at mothering.com that dealt with him. Link

I had forgotten it happened so long ago. Makes me feel old.

Edit #2: Sorry that thread I linked to wasn't very long. I didn't read it before I posted the link.

Wow, thanks Angela for that bit of history. I swear, every post of yours is pure substance and nothing else.

I also found out I wasn't alone in the world thanks to DPF. Man what a great site to stumble upon back in 97. I remember requesting a catalog and running home after school to get it before my sisters made it back, haha that would have been terrible. Somehow I managed to order several times from them as a teenager without ever getting caught, god bless them.

It would be incredible to have their store back-at least the literature and other media would be good. Can anyone connect with who owns the left over inventory (is there a left over inventory)? I'd like to get my hands on some of the stories they published-maybe we could at least get them to pass it along to DD, Im sure a fundraiser would succeed.

And ya, DPF went the way of the dark side, as did [That site], but at least the evolution has produced something even greater.

It would be incredible to have their store back-at least the literature and other media would be good. Can anyone connect with who owns the left over inventory (is there a left over inventory)? I'd like to get my hands on some of the stories they published-maybe we could at least get them to pass it along to DD, Im sure a fundraiser would succeed.

I'm sure there is leftover inventory and I'm sure Marky still has it. I heard he wanted some obscene price for everything(domain name, store inventory, etc.). I remember seeing a million bucks posted somewhere.

I think Mike tried to contact Marky about getting some of the stories and such posted here and never got a response.

Around 1997, when I was 16, I found DPF. So yeah, the whole let me know I wasn't alone etc.

But it is gone now.

The store stopped being maintained and the business side died.

The long period of the forums being clogged by a spambot tanked interest.

By the time the forums were cleaned up there was pretty much no one left.

Even in it's dying gasps I never saw pedo content on the forums, so I don't get where people are pulling that from.

So, I'm not sad to see it go, but it should not be so reviled either.

All in this world will pass,

Chuckie_rr

EDIT: Oh, forums are still intact. That is all I really ever followed so I can't really tell the difference.

I understand [That OTHER site] going away, that WAS a pedo site and it made us all look bad. I am sure the man who ran it went to jail for that site. I have seen some very interesting pictures there and that's what make me sure he went to jail. Flaunting a 6 year old girl in the diaper isle at K-Mart doesn't seem like something you could get out of.

But whats wrong with [That site]'s site? They are stories, fantasies and there isn't anything illegal about that. He manages the site so it's mostly pedo free and takes care to respond to people with questions. I've always loved the site, since 1996. There are a LOT worse places for a young teen to go to on the web than that site. I am sure that if I found his site when I was a young teen it would have opened up my world quite a bit.

[quote name='rusty pins' date='04 February 2010 - 05:49 PM' timest

Thank you so much Rusty for telling alot of us just what happened to Amber E and Mommy Florence.I to had so many of her mags.that i truely enjoyed.But lost them when i moved from Cali.to Mass.Again thank you for letting us know.

I understand [That OTHER site] going away, that WAS a pedo site and it made us all look bad. I am sure the man who ran it went to jail for that site. I have seen some very interesting pictures there and that's what make me sure he went to jail. Flaunting a 6 year old girl in the diaper isle at K-Mart doesn't seem like something you could get out of.

But whats wrong with [That site]'s site? They are stories, fantasies and there isn't anything illegal about that. He manages the site so it's mostly pedo free and takes care to respond to people with questions. I've always loved the site, since 1996. There are a LOT worse places for a young teen to go to on the web than that site. I am sure that if I found his site when I was a young teen it would have opened up my world quite a bit.

[That site] is creepy, the "sightings" alone is enough to such it down.... It paints a very very bad picture to outsiders as well. I'm glad that when I was a teen a realised it was creepy a fecked it off.

Yeah, [That site] is creepy. Sadly, I don't think he realises just how creepy he is. I mean, yeah, there are worse places, but there are much better places as well. Admittedly, I use to visit there quite often when I was younger and foolisher.

But I'm more interested in this "Diaper Isle", it sounds amazing.

:lol:

It goes beyond fantasizing about being a little boy into fantasizing about little boys. There's nothing I can really pin down specifically but there's just a tone to many of the stories that doesn't really seem to be ABDL at all. Besides he always linked to all the creepy photo sites. I remember noticing him creeping in that direction long before I saw anybody else mention it.

With regard to DPF, it was put at a time when the web was in it's infancy and it was just never updated with the times. If you stumbled onto it in the late 90's I'm sure it looked like crap cause it was just so old. And I never thought there was anything pedo about it's forums. There were some very very weird people there, but not much that was really pedo.

Thats too bad about the hold out on the treasures. Is it just a rumor about Mike trying to get the stories here? That would be incredible. But man, if this Mark is seriously asking a million or more for it, I dunno. Maybe some rich AB can buy it up and hopefully share.

DPF was the site that I found first ... so I guess that's the original link between the curious mind and the confirmation.

So yeah, in a sense IT IS a sad day.

I agree with the comments, not "The Best" site by any means but ... definitely a known site in this community.

End of a decade.

Thats too bad about the hold out on the treasures. Is it just a rumor about Mike trying to get the stories here? That would be incredible. But man, if this Mark is seriously asking a million or more for it, I dunno. Maybe some rich AB can buy it up and hopefully share.

I believe Mike posted in this thread about trying to get the stories. If it wasn't this thread, it was DialyDiapers somewhere. I remember the post.

If you search for Diaper Pail Friends or DPF using the search here, it has been talked about before. What would have to be done and such to make DPF competitive with the other sites out there.

I have a ? for you TB did you not start at the begianing of this thread?.Because if you had you would have read that DPF HAS BEEN SOLD.Why dont you and so many outhers who coment on these threads start at the begaing of the thread not at the end.Who agrees with me?

One thing people should know is that Amber E stories were purchased by Tommy and DPF because Florence, the owner of Amber E wanted to retire. This was well known by DPF members at the time since Tommy published the purchase in his newsletter and listed the Amber E stories for sale by DPF. Unfortunatly Florence wrote me that there was a problem and she was trying to restart her business up again under a new name but it never caught on and she died 2 years later. I'm mentioning this because Florence was a friend of mine. I don't want people to forget about her or think that Tommy just became the one to carry on the sales of all her stories "after she passed away". That would not be fair to the memory of a great lady, Florence, who did so much to produce stories for the AB/DL world through Amber E even before DPF was created. (For those who may have read my post previously, I have edited it because I posted some things that I can't confirm anymore. Since I took some things Florence told and sent me at their face value but can't actually confirm, I'm just leaving things as stated above).

Rusty,was the new name of the the mags. called Mommy Florence.?

I have a ? for you TB did you not start at the begianing of this thread?.Because if you had you would have read that DPF HAS BEEN SOLD.Why dont you and so many outhers who coment on these threads start at the begaing of the thread not at the end.Who agrees with me?

Actually, DPF the Company hasn't been sold. Just the Internet Domain name has been transferred as it wasn't paid for and renewed. The Entire Store and DPF products and whatever still remain for sale. At what price is questionable, seems as though Marky isn't replying back.

Just the Internet Domain name has been transferred as it wasn't paid for and renewed.

...you sure about that? I happened to look up its renewal date last year, and I'm pretty sure it was paid up for a couple of years yet.