LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Any Tips On Wearing Full Time Due To Medical Advise

Well I'm new to wearing not too sure if incontinence (mostly to absorb sweat I hope but when I change I can smell a bit of urine) as will do test to check with G.P when she gets back but I still wear for medical reasons. I can usually survive in the 1 I go out with and be almost soaked by the time I get home (9am -5pm or later) not too sure when to change them as new only started wearing Yesterday I usually keep a spare 1 hidden in my bag I carry everywhere.

Any tips on wearing and to avoid diaper rash as that is going to be embarrassing to explain as my G.P is overseas my caseworker rang a nurse friend he has and told her my symptoms and had to quickly see the nurse two days a go as I accidentally "leaked" on his furniture apparently a couple of days a go and caseworker was concerned(without noticing it) and the nurse suggested I get a full medical incl Bladder check when the G.P gets back as well as wear "protection" and showed me the Australia Tena and Depends site I choose Depends Super underwear as discrete and supposed to be better protection to tena as I don't have much of a selection in chemists here in Australia and after I asked my g.p via email and g.p said was good idea so bought first pack yesterday.

This morning while showering Couldn't get smell out of diaper area so not too sure what to do.

I currently wear I during day and change into new one after bath at night as not too sure as G.p has advised as she is on holidays and can't be contacted so any help would be useful.

Thanks in advanced

also at the moment I am having problems accepting it also what should I tell parents if they found out (if the underwear show above boxers as I am hiding them under boxers or brother tackle me or she goes through my bag) as it might give my mother more ammunition against me and properly tease me as don't have go relationship with mother and only going because of Christmas.

The ones I have fit comfortably just have to get used to the extra padding.

And kind of scared shaving down there as yrs a go younger brother tried nicked him self the and could stop bleeding had to go to drs.

Cheers

its hard to get used to the fact there is somrthing wrong with you. to stay clean down there when showering. wash it shampoo. i found that bar soap doesnt work too well. and that shampoo really soaps up and washes away easy. use of baby powder and rash creams so you keep your skin dry. you donts wants a nasty diaper rash. and try to change it when you feel it getting pretty wet. so you dont get a rash or a yeast injectoin.

like others have said

change often

GOOD SKIN CARE

corn starch light dusted on area

calmospetine

even just warm water and wash area will kill what need to be killed.

smell can be related to lack of fluid intake

cranbeery juice i like crangrpe better and seems to work just as good

underware over the diaper helps with sagging when it is wet

shaving some like some do not me [anti shaving]

The hardest thing for me was finding a product that works. There are several brands and fits, and while you can get recommendations and read reviews online, the only way to find out what works and what doesn't is to get something, wear it, wait for an accident, then hope for the best. Even if you get samples, you still have no idea if you have to worry about leaks,odor,shoddy tapes/tear away sides, or how much it will hold.

Then, when you find what works, they will CHANGE the product to copy the new Depend briefs (which totally suck) and you have to start all over again.

Good luck.

• 7 months later...

Well I'm new to wearing not too sure if incontinence (mostly to absorb sweat I hope but when I change I can smell a bit of urine) as will do test to check with G.P when she gets back but I still wear for medical reasons. I can usually survive in the 1 I go out with and be almost soaked by the time I get home (9am -5pm or later) not too sure when to change them as new only started wearing Yesterday I usually keep a spare 1 hidden in my bag I carry everywhere.

Any tips on wearing and to avoid diaper rash as that is going to be embarrassing to explain as my G.P is overseas my caseworker rang a nurse friend he has and told her my symptoms and had to quickly see the nurse two days a go as I accidentally "leaked" on his furniture apparently a couple of days a go and caseworker was concerned(without noticing it) and the nurse suggested I get a full medical incl Bladder check when the G.P gets back as well as wear "protection" and showed me the Australia Tena and Depends site I choose Depends Super underwear as discrete and supposed to be better protection to tena as I don't have much of a selection in chemists here in Australia and after I asked my g.p via email and g.p said was good idea so bought first pack yesterday.

This morning while showering Couldn't get smell out of diaper area so not too sure what to do.

I currently wear I during day and change into new one after bath at night as not too sure as G.p has advised as she is on holidays and can't be contacted so any help would be useful.

Thanks in advanced

Plus one million on "clean" :) That seems to be the single most important factor for me. I shower morning and early evening cleaning the diaper area very well. When possible I "air out" the diaper area after towel drying- always use a clean towel too. I wash that area before diapering for bed and mid-day too when I'm at home ;) You can shave there or not (very carefully of course) which makes cleaning easier, but as long as you keep it clean clean clean you should be OK :thumbsup: Next is avoiding skin irritation. Some people seem to have more problems with certain diapers so try something different and see what happens. Abrasion is another big issue so make sure that whatever you wear really fits and doesn't rub the skin anywhere :rolleyes: Frequent changes can also help those with sensitive skin :blush: It may make the logistics of diapering tougher but you do what you have to do. Wearing a long lasting diaper may be just trading one problem for another :whistling: A lot of people use barrier or medical creams that work for them and a lot use wipes during changes. There are several brands to try.

Everyone's skin varies but if you keep trying different things you should find what method works best for you :D

Bettypooh

I agree about soap. My incontinence nurse taught me that a while ago. Soap used to get dry under the foreskin and cause soreness. As for rashes, I've hardly had this but mainly because I have routine and change as soon as is needed, wherever I am I have my changing bag with everything I need. I also find that if there is a slight soreness or the signs of a rash, applying Sudocrem helps.

shave down there to help keep less of an area for bactira to grow, and use a good rash cream and or powder down there too. and keep checking your self if you feel alot of wetness on your skin change your self, and when showering use a good ani bactiral soap and a lufa down there that will help keep it nice and clean. but key point is keep your skin dry and clean. because having a diaper rash sucks. and i have had alot, and it was from not being able to change for along time and having to wear a wet diaper that kept getting wetter for hours before i could change.

• 2 weeks later...

Any tips on wearing and to avoid diaper rash as that is going to be embarrassing to explain.

If you have a place that you can get some sunlight on the area (nude)that helps a lot.

about twice a week will do.

Sunlight creates vitamin D in the skin and that helps prevents skin rashes and bacterial growth

for keeping things hidden, i can't too highly recommend having custom diaper shirts (adult onesies) made, e.g. converted polo shirts and high-quality undershirts for onesie use. It really ensures that you won't bend over too far, and that (unless you really push it ;) ) you won't leak around the leg openings. i can strongly recommend someone if this is of interest, hit me back... maybe it's me but i wear diapers every minute of every day/night and couldn't make it without my ADULT ONESIE although as always, you are subject to attempts at humiliation and abuse if you dare tell anybody about it... it certainly took my bf awhile to get over it... boo effin' hoo say i... be wary of some of the e-bayers as many are amateurs however, fit is crucial and you probably don't want to wear anything too precious to work (i work in an office and know about hiding my briefs all too well groan)

good luck, you are not alone!

Assuming a qualified and experience medical professional advised you to wear diaper full-time, the first folks you should be asking are the staff of the physician.

They know your medical situation well. On-line all we know about you is what you share.

It is important that you wear diapers or pull-on that fit you. If your condition allows them, try to use pads or shields part of the day for better ventilation. Clean very well at every change, which needs to be frequent until your skin gets used to being diapered. Do try to get fresh air and sunlight on your diaper area if you have enough privacy.