LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Black Friday

Anyone on here get caught up in the Black Friday feeding frenzy? I would imagine standing in line for 4 hours waiting for a store to open would be the perfect time to be in a diaper. Especially since the temps in Ohio are in the 40's at night. Wonder how many actually do this? I know I would.

I saw on the local news last night that some guy has been camped (with a tent and everything) outside a Best Buy near here since Wednesday... And it's been freezing cold the last few days. Temps in the mid-thirties and windchill well below freezing. All that to save a couple of hundred bucks on a laptop and a TV. No thanks! You'd need a diaper for it's buttock insulating properties :lol:

I've only sat outside a store at night once and that was for a Wii back when they were rare as hen's teeth. And it was April :lol:

I have never done a Black Friday. I don't like the fact that it's so early in the morning. Plus people leave their social skills at home so more people are stupid that day.

Edited by DailyDi
Wording edit

Ugh, I think I've had enough of Black Fridays. I had to be at work at 4 am this morning for the rush. I work in the electronics department and when I pulled into our parking lot this morning at 3:40, the parking lot was packed. And we're not really that big of an area. It was like 3-4 times busier this year than last. I myself prefer the online Black Friday deals! :P

I didn't get the whole "Black Friday" thing. All my Christmas shopping is done by October. We do two family members a month for ten months. Did you know that President Roosevelt changed Thanksgiving from the third thursday of the month (set in place by Abraham Lincoln early in his presidency) to the fourth thursday of the month? Everyone was so angry! He did it to help retail sales for Christmas. Smart guy, I think.

We decorate for Christmas on the day after Thanksgiving. All the decorations come out of storage, we put up the tree, string the lights, decorate it, and decorate the house. I'm taking a break at the moment and thought I'd drop in. By the way, diaperedandspanked, great thread!

two years ago i went black friday shopping with a friend, we got to the store 5 minutes before it openede and sat in the nice warm heated car until everyone had entered teh store, then just sorta strolled in.

last year my boyfriend and i went to macys, got there about 20 minutes before it opened, stayed in the car to the doors opened then went it to get our $40 king size feather down comforter. Then we went back home to bed.

I hate black friday.

I responded to the mall four damn times today, once for a serious emergency. Goddamn busy shoppers too important to get the hell out of my way while someone is dying on my stretcher. Traffic was a huge burden too. The needs of consumerism are much too important for people to move for an ambulance with it's light and siren on.

It happens the day after thanksgiving and everything goes on sale for cheap. Everyone gets lined up in front of the story, even early as midnight and some even camp in front of the store. Then when doors open, people rush in and grab items and they shove and trample each other, fight, spit on each other, steal items from other people's carts. But the sale lasts early in the morning.

Cops always have to get called because of people act like children. They forget their manners that day.

Did you know that President Roosevelt changed Thanksgiving from the third thursday of the month (set in place by Abraham Lincoln early in his presidency) to the fourth thursday of the month? Everyone was so angry! He did it to help retail sales for Christmas. Smart guy, I think.

I actually heard that Roosevelt changed Thanksgiving from the last Thursday of November to the 4th Thursday of November to give retailers a longer holiday shopping season. They complained when the last Thursday of the month fell on the 28th, 29th or 30th and was the 5th Thursday of November cutting the holiday shopping season by as much as a week.

That said, yes, I was one of the fools who went out at 5am Friday morning to get some bargians. All I was looking for were some small appliances, $3 toasters and $4 food chopper at WalMart and Target. I was there 5 minutes after they opened up and wouldn't you believe that Target was out of the toasters? WalMart was also out of the food choppers? Hmmmmm. Anyway, I did prepair ahead of time and had a diaper on under my jeans. Even though I didn't camp out early, I figured the lines would be really long and they were. I ended up not buying anything at 4 different stores. It took a while just to navigate through the stores and parking lots so I was pretty wet by the time I got back home, but then that was mostly my own choice! :)

I took the day off because I need to reduce my vacation balance and there's not much work to do on Black Friday. I jacked up an old Honda I'm working on and took on the challenge of adjusting the driver's side door. Before I got started, I went to an auto parts store and saw that a decent 1/2 inch drive socket set was deeply discounted, so I bought it. The bolts I had to adjust are in a narrow space so the sockets weren't used, but at least I finally got the door fixed and have some new tools!

Okay, I'm not much of a shopper...

Aloha Ya'all

I didn't go out until this afternoon, and it was kinda nice to see that things were restocked, and people were behaving, and *gasp* there was parking!! Got two 8gig SD cards for our phones for a super steal at BBuy. Formatting one of them now. .

*edited*

It's been years since I tried to do any meaningful shopping on Black Friday. Never again. It's just not worth it. I'd rather sit at home with a laptop computer and a cup of hot chocolate, ordering the few things I need online. I'll always take advantage of gift wrapping and send the gift directly to the giftee's address, and that way I can fulfill my patriotic bit of consumerism without even getting up. Now, what could be more American than that? :P

Actually, I did need to pop in to the grocery store on Friday. It was nearly abandoned. Surprise, surprise!

Otherwise, I stayed home, walked the dog, lit a fire in the fireplace, and read a book. A rather nice day off, if you ask me.

I've got a rotten cold that's turning into a cough so I did not go Black Friday shopping. That and I'm not totally insane :P

Instead:

Open fire + turkey leftovers + Bambino + baby-blue plastic pants + Deadliest Catch marathon + bottle of chocolate milk + snuggle with my wife = heaven :D

I did black friday. 4am. Not a big deal. People think just because they see crazy videos on TV and the news that it means that everyone and every store is like that. It is not. I've never been trampled, hit,punched, touched in any way at all. Unless you've done it, you shouldnt go assuming. That really bugs the piss out of me. Anyway, I was NOT diapered as I was with my mom and girlfriend. If it was just me and my gf, then I would have no problem being diapered, and the only waiting we had to do was for a parking spot for about 5 minutes.

The only thing worse is trying to battle through the stationary aisle in Target the weekend before school goes back :lol:

LOL Try rezoning it back to planogram and putting all those damn pencil and pens back into the proper spot. I use too close on the sales floor at the Target store I work at and we would have atleast 4 carts of all pencil's and pens of different types. Oh the day after Christmas we will have around 40 carts of strays or returns to put back on the shelf and not get off work until 2-3 am in the morning.I am so glad I work in another part of the store now.