LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Holy Crap

Guest MunchKitten

So I'm a member of Diaper Kitten now, and I saw a link to her new nursery.. http://mommykat.com/ 

I know she has a LOT of AB stuff, but how can people afford TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS AN HOUR?!

thats more than Doctors make I bet!! 

Its a lot for sure, but I expect that if you only do it a few times its worth it. My daddy gets a ton of email from people wanting to be babied like me. There must be a real shortage of Mommies and Daddies that are really good.

Sadly people are always willing to trying to get as much money from others for a fetish. I've seen it many times over the years, even more so in the AB community.

It's strange that some people feel charging a crazy fee or price makes sense. I wonder how much business she gets? Maybe it's enough that she doesn't care. I mean she would only have to work 10 hours a week to pull in $104k / year (before taxes, though wanna bet that if the income is reported ;). I guess it beats working 40 hours at $25/hour.

A local fetish store use to charge about 400% more for estim items versus the US companies. Finally the manufacture said "I ship $8,000 worth of goods to Canada every month and you only sell $500. Would it not make more sense to make a reasonable profit on $8k vs an insane profit at $500?" Yep, they finally lowered their prices. Go figure lol

InD

So I'm a member of Diaper Kitten now, and I saw a link to her new nursery.. http://mommykat.com/ 

I know she has a LOT of AB stuff, but how can people afford TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS AN HOUR?! 

thats more than Doctors make I bet!! 

Yeah but how much did they clear? How much did the employees make?

When I was consulting in IT I was charged out at $1200-1800 a day. I can assure you, I didn't make anywhere near that much.

I know the plumbing company I worked for charged approx ~$65/hr.

200/hr isn't bad.

There are many reasons they could be charging $200 an hour. First would be the cost to actually run the service. Aside from the standard costs of operating a business, this particular business has it's own additional costs and risks. Diapers, clothing and furniture could all be compromised by a leaky diaper or some such example. In those instances, you couldn't just wash the sullied clothing. They would have to be thrown away. Would you want to wear clothing that someone else had shit on before?

Also, this type of venture is not going to net them ten appointments a week. They might be lucky to get one or two. That falls far short of the six figure yearly mark. Even if they dropped their prices, they would probably only get a few extra sessions a year. Sometimes the only way to make a venture succeed is to charge more than most people are willing to pay.

Another reason would be safety. It might be callous, but the facts are that most dangerous and/or flaky people simply don't make enough money to afford $200/hr. By charging above their means, you are limiting your own risk.

Regardless of the reasons, I can tell you that $200/hr for this service is well within norms. Most professional services(like dominants/submissives) now charge $2-300 per hour or more. The only concern for me would be finding out if the service is on par with the price tag.

Pricing aside, my guess is that DK is a trustfund baby (or close to one). I get the impression that neither her nor Daddy are 9-5ers. . . Other than the PPV site, I don't see them as the 'working' type. . .

So, $200/hr makes sense on many levels -- Manages risk, covers costs (That furniture and stuff ain't cheap!) and more than makes up for the icky factor; the folks willing and lonely enough to pay $200/hr for a playdate probably aren't super attractive, in-shape, and I'd bet $200/hr that they don't make a habit of shaving regularly. I'm sure she offers everything except intercourse for the money, which would be illegal. So again, I say, $200 is out of range for many, but it band-aids plenty of other caveats to the situation.

@jeff: as far as on-par . . Well, have you SEEN DK and her friends? What guy wouldn't wanna spend an afternoon in diapers with those hot young things? I'd probably blow a load just walking in the door!

There are many reasons they could be charging $200 an hour. First would be the cost to actually run the service. Aside from the standard costs of operating a business, this particular business has it's own additional costs and risks. Diapers, clothing and furniture could all be compromised by a leaky diaper or some such example. In those instances, you couldn't just wash the sullied clothing. They would have to be thrown away. Would you want to wear clothing that someone else had shit on before?

Also, this type of venture is not going to net them ten appointments a week. They might be lucky to get one or two. That falls far short of the six figure yearly mark. Even if they dropped their prices, they would probably only get a few extra sessions a year. Sometimes the only way to make a venture succeed is to charge more than most people are willing to pay.

Another reason would be safety. It might be callous, but the facts are that most dangerous and/or flaky people simply don't make enough money to afford $200/hr. By charging above their means, you are limiting your own risk.

Regardless of the reasons, I can tell you that $200/hr for this service is well within norms. Most professional services(like dominants/submissives) now charge $2-300 per hour or more. The only concern for me would be finding out if the service is on par with the price tag.

You have pointed out some important aspects to operating a business, and one that has a very restricted clientele. The easiest solution for those that do not or can not pay is to find a partner, playdate to do this stuff with. Maybe not exactly what you wanted but then you are not paying to have someone do exactly what you want them to do.

It's not a rip off. At best, it would cost someone at least 4 to 6 thousand to set up a little nursery. Then they have to pay for that space year round. That could be the difference between the rent on a one or two bedroom apartment or house. That is a monthly expense that has to be met even if the Mommy had no clients. That could add up to a couple thousand more in rent over a year.

Trust me, I love wearing diapers to death, but I'm a DL. I guess if I was a AB I'd understand more, but as of right now, unless I struck the lottery, I wouldn't in my right mind pay 200/hr for that. I have better things to spend my 200.00+ on....my 2 cents.

I would spend that two hundred on diapers and plastic pants and maybe some overalls.

Trust me, I love wearing diapers to death, but I'm a DL. I guess if I was a AB I'd understand more, but as of right now, unless I struck the lottery, I wouldn't in my right mind pay 200/hr for that. I have better things to spend my 200.00+ on....my 2 cents.

This.

I'm DL, so I can't claim to an AB's motivation... but hey, what price validation joy? You can't define it.

Having said that: In any fringe-market service, there'll be uber-fringe freaks come calling. $200/hr is an effective way to weed the freaks out.

Having said THAT... I'm not a freak-- but I can't budget the $200/hr times x (in addition to the round-trip flight Boston>Cal>Boston) to justify the time and expense.

But I'm sure there are a few who can/will. Go for it.

wv

Wow! MommyKat has only been up for a little while and already we’re a hot topic on the DD board! So far I’ve read some good discussion, valid concerns, misconceptions and useful questions. I think it’s completely understandable that people wonder why a babysitting session would run $200 an hour, and I had the questions myself until beginning to work on the other side of the changing table as a lifestyle Daddy, a website producer, and an assistant ABDL nursery operator. I can assure you, although the session rate is quoted as $200 an hour, there is a lot of investment and preparation that happens before and after the session that has to be accounted for.

First and foremost, we offer the use of a top-flight nursery space. Ageplay is a huge part of our life, and Kat and I have lovingly created what we feel is one of the best ageplay spaces out there. While searching for our home, we specifically looked for spaces that could be made into an ideal ABDL nursery and would be somewhat convenient when it came to transportation. After buying our house we literally knocked out a wall to create a spacious, well-lit nursery space – the nicest room in the house! We invested money we’d been saving for over a year into hiring a contractor to enlarge the room and build in extra storage space, install super-soft plush carpet and extra thick carpet padding for crawling on, paint all the walls and ceilings, hang new curtains, decorate the walls, and buy new dressers to hold all the clothes, toys and diapers.

Speaking of diapers, we’ve invested hundreds of dollars in stocking a variety of popular disposable diapers and liners in several sizes. And there aren’t just disposable diapers, there are also stacks of cloth pinned diapers, drawers full of Velcro fastening cloth diapers, thick training pants and panties, dozens of plastic pants (some opaque, some transparent, some solid colors, some patterned, some ruffled, some frilly), and of course Goodnights pull-ups for bigger kids.

And, as any seasoned AB knows, it doesn’t stop with diapers; there are also dozens of pins for cloth diapers, wipes, baby powder, loads of plushies to keep ABs occupied during diaper changes, and an adult-sized changing table to perform diaper changes on. And ABs don’t often stay dry for long; they can go through up to seven diaper changes (that’s a diaper and multiple liners) in a single two hour session.

Once the little ones are properly diapered, it’s time to get dressed. Mommy Kat has several themed closets in the nursery: one for baby clothes, one for schoolgirl uniforms, and one for costume/fancy/loligoth outfits. That’s a lot of outfits, in a variety of sizes, each custom made by folks like Auntie V of VerySpecialClothes. If you’ve bought custom AB clothing before, then you know that a complete outfit consisting of romper or dress, diapers, diaper cover, socks, etc, can be pretty pricy. And Mommy Kat’s school uniforms are typically authentic school uniforms and not cheap costumes from the novelty shop. Now imagine having outfits in several sizes, and you can see the kind of investment required for being a pro-mommy.

Once an AB is diapered and dressed, it might be time for a snack in the adult-sized highchair. Mommy also provides bottles, bibs, food, drinks, and pacifiers for fussy babies. After a snack, it’s time for playtime. Maybe the little one gets to play with some of Mommy Kat’s baby or toddler toys, board games, finger paints, coloring books, or board books. Or maybe you want to go for a ride on Horatio, Mommy’s custom-made, adult-sized rocking horse! If you’re just wanting to relax and snuggle, there’s the library of Disney and kids’ movies to choose from and watch.

After all that playing, little ones are likely to be getting a little sleepy. Maybe it’s time for a nap in the adult-size crib. There are several sets of sheets and blankets for the crib, a variety of lullaby-singing baby toys, baby bumper pad, piles more plushies, a heated mattress pad to keep little ones warm, and waterproof mattress pads.

For ABDLs who are also interested in bondage or BDSM, there are drawers of cuffs and restraints, binding belts, leather mitts, gags, blindfolds, floggers, canes, paddles, rope, plugs, and dildoes. Again, anyone who is familiar with fetish gear knows that quality equipment is far from inexpensive, and most of Kat’s toys were hand made by prominent members of the San Francisco BDSM scene (not an assembly line in China).

The fact that there’s a Mommy Kat website to visit at all means that she is paying for a domain name, for web hosting, for a computer and software to create the website with, and for a camera and camcorder to take the pictures and video you see on the site. If you’ve done any work in photography or video, then you know that you don’t just need a camera, you need memory card or video tapes, extra batteries, a tripod, equipment cases, flashes, lighting, and a place to store all this equipment when you aren’t actually shooting.

For little ones who come to visit from out of town, Daddy and Mommy Kat may also be providing a trips to and from the airport. If you’re staying for an extended session, there may be trips to the zoo, to McDonalds for a happy meal, or to the amusement park, and Kat pays all of these expenses.

So that’s a quick rundown of some of the material investments we’ve made to open up Mommy Kat’s Nursery, but there are also unseen investments of time that are figured into the hourly rate.

At least nine out of ten people who contact Kat never actually show up for a babysitting session. But she still answers their questions, responds to emails and babysitting applications, and does the legwork needed to get serious applicants set up with appointments. Before you’ve even scheduled an appointment, Mommy Kat has taken time to carefully read over your babysitting application form, answer your questions, talk with you on the phone, and provide you with all the information you need to set up and arrive for babysitting.

Before little ones show up for appointments, all the toys that need to be are sterilized, the house and nursery are cleaned, and the necessary laundry is washed, dried, and put away in the nursery. Mommy Kat does her makeup and prepares any outfits she may have been requested to wear. Then she goes through her wardrobe to pick out potential outfits that are the right size for her guest and are in line with any requests he or she may have.

After a session, the house and nursery again need to be cleaned and vacuumed, all the outfits and linens need to be washed, sippy cups, bottles, utensils and dishes have to be washed, and everything has to be put back into order.

Before any visits even happened, it took a considerable amount of time to shoot the videos and still images featured on the website, to edit and post them, and to design and code MommyKat.com.

All of this adds up to a huge time commitment beyond the defined hours of a babysitting session. And that commitment comes in addition to Daddy’s 9-5 job, the full-time job equivalent that is DiaperedKitten.com, and eking out time to spend together with each other, with our families, and with our friends.

Something else to consider, ABs and DLs who visit the nursery regularly rarely pay the quoted rate of $200 per hour after their first session or two. The previous comments hit the nail on the head that the hourly rate weeds out a lot of time wasters and wankers. If you’re a nice person, you play respectfully, follow the rules and aren’t creepy or stalker-ish, then you end up getting a nice discount. After you’re a regular visitor to the nursey, Kat doesn’t have to spend nearly as much time doing legwork and correspondence to set up a playdate, and she passes that lowered overhead along by reducing the rate. $200 an hour for the initial session also reflects the risk being taken by Kat in inviting what is essentially a stranger into her most private and personal space, without knowing if that person is going to turn out to be a complete creep.

I think another worthwhile point is that with MommyKat you are getting a diaper/ageplay experience in a real, fully-equipped adult nursery, with someone who is knowledgeable, understanding, and shares your interest in diapers and/or ageplay. Look around at other pro-mommies out there and take note of how many have sessions in a hotel room or BDSM dungeon instead of a real adult nursery she's lovingly created and decorated on her own (from the cushy carpet to the glow in the dark stars on the ceiling). How many are actually into diapers and don't just tolerate them for clients because it's a nice way to supplement their pro-domme clientele? How many really understand what sort of experiences little ones crave because she's in a relationship that revolves around and incorporates ageplay into her daily life?

Perhaps the best indication that you get what you pay for with MommyKat is the fact that every single AB/DL she has taken care of has returned for additional babysitting sessions. Those folks put their dollar on the line for a top-notch experience, and they were not disappointed.

Kitty and I love to hear questions and concerns like the one’s I’m reading here. We are so immersed in DiaperedKitten and MommyKat that it’s easy for us to overlook the fact that most people don’t know how much time and effort goes into what we do. Please, approach us with your concerns, take the time to learn more about who we are and what we offer, and continue this discussion with facts rather than speculation.

Thanks, everyone, for your comments, questions, and support.

• Like 4

Good post :), makes me almost want to go.... shame about the miles and miles of water through.

And ABs don’t often stay dry for long; they can go through up to seven diaper changes (that’s a diaper and multiple liners) in a single two hour session.

This I find worrying.... What exactly are you feeding the Ab's? :roflmao::P

Excellent post DKDaddy. I'm sure you do have one of the nicest Nursery's around. From what I have gathered you both are a great couple and valued members of this lifestyle. More power to you and yours and the ventures you attempt. :thumbsup:

I'm with Loopy on this one. Yeah, the marketing pitch laid it out well but, up to seven diaper changes (that’s a diaper and multiple liners) in a single two hour session? My wife and I stay in diapers 24/7 and we have 2 hour diapers, 4 hour diapers and overnight, 8 hour diapers. My wife's day job is in child care for children between the ages of 6 and 12 months. They get changed every hour and this is usually way before they have a leak or blowout. If she and I went through up to 7 diapers every 2 hours I won't be able to afford to keep us in diapers!

The remarks made by all are a good collection of thoughts to anyone considering this type of business. Babymaggie and I both wish DK Daddy, MommyKat and Diapered Kitten success with their site and AB services.

Regards,

Honu

I'm with Loopy on this one. Yeah, the marketing pitch laid it out well but, up to seven diaper changes (that’s a diaper and multiple liners) in a single two hour session? My wife and I stay in diapers 24/7 and we have 2 hour diapers, 4 hour diapers and overnight, 8 hour diapers. My wife's day job is in child care for children between the ages of 6 and 12 months. They get changed every hour and this is usually way before they have a leak or blowout. If she and I went through up to 7 diapers every 2 hours I won't be able to afford to keep us in diapers!

The remarks made by all are a good collection of thoughts to anyone considering this type of business. Babymaggie and I both wish DK Daddy, MommyKat and Diapered Kitten success with their site and AB services.

Thanks for your well-wishes, Honu. The seven changes in two hours is atypical. It's something that Kat has experienced with a little one who is really into the wetting/changing aspect of a babysitting session. He loads up on liquids before arriving and is constantly drinking more during the visit. Basically, he wets again as soon as Kat changes him. Thankfully, not everyone who visits is as leaky as the little one in question.

• 4 weeks later...

I have to say ... very well spoken DK Daddy. I finally got around this year to booting out the roomie so we could have our house to ourself and ageplay/puppyplay groups that we run. I do not charge at my nursery, but then again ... the only people allowed in it are those close to us in the local groups and our personal friends/playmates. We could never do what DKD does. Its a huge investment of time and personal energy beyond the money itself. We discussed it jokingly one night after an ageplay group meeting was over and its just not gonna happen. I dont want to share my home and invest that time for even $500 an hour. And for people who think ageplay equipment is expensive ... stay out of bdsm. I consider the cost of ageplay to be relatively acceptable when compared to many of the other fetishes that need money thrown at them in my home. You think a crib is expensive??? My mommy/puppygirl is in love with a pair of shoes/paws that cost over $2400. Thats worth a crib/highchair/all the supplies you need to live like a baby for a month for just one article of rarely used clothing for play. Like anything else, you painstakingly save up and collect one piece at a time. Mommy was upset that even though I have this fetish and have everything invested in baby stuff that I do, I avoided playing seriously in diapers due to expense. Turns out that I can stay in abenas and bambinos full time at home and still have leftover cash just by quitting smoking. You only live once and if the price of fun is too costly ... get a better job.