LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Real Drinking Poll

If you like to drink, you must answer me these questions three, 'ere your next bottle you see!  

104 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT is your favorite style of Beer?

• American-Style Lager, Light Beers (Miller Light, Bud, Coors, Rolling Rock, etc)
    • German-Style Lagers
    • Pilsners
    • Ales (Amber, Brown, or India Pale)
    • Wheat Beers
    • Bitters
    • Stouts
    • Belgian/Trappist Ales
    • Porters
    • Mirobrew beers
  2. 2. WHAT is your favorite Hard Liqour?

• Spiced Rums (Cap'n Morgan, Sailor Jack, etc.)
    • Regular/Flavored Rums
    • American Bourbons/Sour Mash Whiskey
    • Scotch/Irish Whiskeys (Glenlivet, Chivas, Johnny Walker)
    • Irish Creams (Bailey's)
    • Gin
    • Vodkas
    • Tequila
    • Liquours (Grand Marnier, etc.)
    • Asian Liquors (Soju, Chinese drinks, NOT Sake)
    • Amaretto
    • Brandys (to include Cognac)
  3. 3. WHAT is your favorite Wine or light spirit?

• Smirnoff Ice (or similar style drinks)
    • Hard Ciders and Lemonades
    • Wine Coolers
    • Sake, or similar rice wines
    • Cabernet Sauvingnons
    • Red Zinfendels/Merlots/ Pinot Noir
    • Sangria
    • Blush Wines (White Zin, etc.)
    • Pinot Grigio
    • Chardonnays

Ok, guys, since many of us had talked about the sad lack of selection of styles of beers, spirits, and wines in the drink poll, perhaps it is time to redo it, once more, with feeling! I've done my best as far as my experience goes. I'll try to update it if anyone points out something I missed. As this is favorites, lets try to stick to no more than three choices per question. I tried to keep the poll to styles only, please share your favorite individual brands/styles/vintages as well as reasons if you have one. For the record my favorites are:

Beers: Belgian Trappist Ales (too many to list), Wheat Beers (Hoegarden, and Sam Adams Hefeweizen), and Microbrews (Penn Brewery, Weeping Radish)

Liquor: Regular Rum (Bacardi Select....the really dark one), Vodka (Skyy), and Gin

Wines: Sake, occaisionally Mike's Hard Lemonade. THeres a small vineyard near my home that I love thier products too. Especially their chardonnay, it has almost a pleasantly butterty taste to it, hard to explain im not a wine snob.

Hmmm...I guess first I would commend Mike for not partaking of the "devil's brew". If such a problem is within the family then I think it's wise to avoid temptation and probable addiction.

Second, Mikes Hard Lemonaid doesn't really fall anywhere close to wine. It's classified as a "malternative" or flavored malt beverages. It is named after its flagship and original product, Mike's Hard Lemonade, which is a mixture of vodka, and either carbonated water or a flavored malt base, in Canada and the United States, respectively. While a lot of people classify it as a "Wine Cooler" it's obviously not. Then again most "Wine Coolers" have no wine either.

So anyway, back to the subject at hand.

Beer...Normally Miller Highlife. Killian's Irish Red and Guinness when available and I'm in the mood.

Liquor...Almost always Bacardi and Coke/Cola, the occasional shooter when someone feels they can out drink this Devil Dog.

Wine...Almost always a Chardonnay, Possibly a nice Red wine with a rare steak.

Long years ago, I drank enough Budweiser so that I could tell you which brewery made it after just one or two sips - the breweries were printed on the can with the first listed being the source of that can.

As I've aged, I've stepped up a little - first, with a little more money, I moved to Michelob, and since then have moved on to ales. I will try different beers and like some microbrews. My daughter's boyfriend left some beer in our refrigerator a while ago and I opened one the other night...first time in a LONG time that I just poured a beer down the drain! It was awful!

As for hard liquor, I drink Grandad and others like that during the winter months once in a while. If I'm out with others somewhere and decide to have hard liquor, I'll often get a gin or vodka drink.

I drink very little wine and usually will drink from a bottle someone else has selected...not a connoisseur as much as just a 'sewer'.

I didn't vote as I'm not allowed to drink, but as a general rule:

Beer - I don't like it. Beer is too bitter for me. Out of the beers I've tried (very few as most of the ones I've tried were cheapy pee-water looking beers) I almost liked Samuel Adams. I'm entirely unsure of WHICH Sam Adams beer it was, as I was given a taste of it out of a glass. It was dark and somewhat bitter.

Hard Liquor - Rum. I love rum, the spiced rums usually more than the regular (at least in a rum/coke...spiced rum is a little sweet for straight consumption). I tend to gravitate to the sweeter liquors, like Bailey's and Kahlua (if Kahlua is considered that). Vodka is great with fruit juice. I tend to stay away from tequila now, because that stuff gets me drunk FAST.

Wines/Light Spirits - I like Smirnoff and wine coolers. I also like sweet tasting wines.

~ moogle

Guest MunchKitten

Beer sucks - Love Amaretto, Vodka, Baley's (I'm the only one so far for that and Amaretto) - Love Smirnoff ice, Mikes, or wine coolers (and MD-20/20.. gotta love cheap wine!)

Who listed the contents of MY drinks cabinet! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I've at one stage, tried everything in that list, plus a few others that are not there. Personally, I don't see the reason of drinking to get drunk. Alcohol can enhance a meal etc, but in a lot more moderation than is common practice worldwide. As a result, I choose NOT to drink.

• Like 1

Ales! I love ales, especially the ones I make myself. I have been on a pale ale kick for a while but I also enjoy a good stout. I made 10 gals of beer with a friend about a month ago for christmas. It is an arrogant bastard clone (kinda) used Chinook hops during the boil and Amarillo hops in secondary. Anyway, it has turned out great! It's also sitting at about 7.5% I super excited about it and it's currently my favourite :P

As far as liquor goes whiskey is my favourite bourbon or not. High West (made in Park City), makers mark, knobb creek, hell I like wild turkey 101....hehe let the turkeys loose.

Mostly these days if I drink, I drink for taste and character, not to just get drunk. Been there done that and didn't really enjoy it, sipping my way through a beverage is far more enjoyable than getting smashed. It looks better socially too ^_^

Completely agree with you there man. I could never understand the attraction of drinking to get drunk. I love the flavor of alcohol, especially wine or beer as a complement to the meal that I'm eating. A good Italian meal is sorely lacking without a proper wine to go with it. A good steak misses something without a loaded baked potato to sit beside it and a good ale to wash it down. I've been drinking (somewhat, with the family) since I was 13 (Mom used to give us kids small glasses of wine, and we got half-shots on holidays with the adults), so drinking never had a mystique to me. I prefer to enjoy one or two beverages in an evening than pound my way through 5 or 6 or more.

I tried a beer from a Canadian brewery recently. They had it on tap at a bar in Itaewon, Seoul that I visited. It wasn't one of the main ones and it sounded wierd as heck, but I can't remember the name for the life of me now. It was a ale, and it had an AWESOME flavor to it. Like someone said about Dogshead, none of the really rough bitter aftertaste that goes with beer.

ok the only reason i could understand for drinking to get drunk was so when you wake up in the morning you had about 100 pictures on your camera that you dont remember taking and wonder "when did i make out with him... and why are my underwear hanging from the lampshade?"

• Like 1

Oh lets see. I mainly drink beer Miller Lite all the way baby. The hard stuff is a toss of Jager, Skyy vodka, or a nice big glass of Pepsi and Crown Royal mmm tasty. Wine or lite spirit is always Smirnoff ice passion fruit. Get all of this together in one night oh god its a good night :beer:

ok the only reason i could understand for drinking to get drunk was so when you wake up in the morning you had about 100 pictures on your camera that you dont remember taking and wonder "when did i make out with him... and why are my underwear hanging from the lampshade?"

Underware? What might that be????

But then I got to ask...There is nothing to me better than a cold glass of Milk with food, maybe the way I just drank it as a kid with everything.. I'm the opposite as some. To me there is no reason to drink not to experience the buzz..okay drunk or to get drunk is a matter of preference, but to me Alcohol is what a mere molecule or two from Ether??, Both of which can be fun..if ya know what your doing. Not for you Young'ns stick with beer.Stay away from NOS!!! Amateurs!!! :P

My votes are for what I used to drink- for personal reasons I haven't had any alcohol in many years biggrin.gif

Here's the list

Beer:

Newcastle Brown Ale (I was drinking this long before "Newkies" were popular here)

Lowenbrau Munich or Zurich (not the American horse-urine version, the Munich is the best in the world)

Pilsner Urquel (sp?) when it's fresh (it's no good after a few months and it takes that long to get here so fresh was one time in ten but worth the other 9 tries anyway)

Grizzly Beer (No longer brewed) It was a cheap American style lager beer but I liked it.

Negro Modelo (Perhaps the best 'heavy' Mexican beer, "Sol" was the best 'light' Mexican beer)

Guiness was a mood thing. Fosters "Oil cans" from Australia were great at the bars that sold them.

I would drink whatever was handed me but these were what I bought

Liquor:

Remy Martin VSOP or better (pricy but worth it- especially the Napolenic. Hennesy sucks!)

Tennessee Corn Liquor (Moonshine- the best is like drinking water till you fall over and 180 proof+LOL!)

Top grade American Bourbons (for straight and mixed drinking. Cheap grades mix OK bit not straight)

I had so many mixed faves that just about all on the list were checked but not Sake- It's a waste of rice!

Same for Liquers and Asian Liquors. Again I would drink what was handed me but these I bought.

Wines:

Sweet Beaujolai's (usually the odd years) White Zins and good Austrailan Shiraz's. Cheap American wines were good for partys, especially Boone's Farm Apple. Most wines are a waste of grapes to me.

I tried everything availlable to me back than and traveled hours just to buy a new beer. Microbreweries were just beginning, Samuel Adams was pretty good. French beer is awful- some is undrinkable. American versions of British and some Eurpoean beers were watered down to meet Federal guidelines but the real thing could be had sometimes. After trying other beers I found all American beers to be mostly watered down urine designed to make you belch and pee and to cheat you out of your alcohol content. American, Canadian, and Austraillian beers are like McDonalds food- brewed for consistant low quality while Eurpoean beer varies from batch to batch because they're always trying to make the best they can so some will be better than others. Canadian and Austraillian beers are better but the European beers are unbeatable once you find the one(s) you like. For all the other alcohols I liked sweetness in the mix somewhere.

Alcoholism is heavily in my genes which is why I had to get away from it. I was a drunk for so long that some years are just a haze in my memory. I literally drank away many tens of thousands of dollars that I'd love to have now. Oh well, it was fun or it seemed like it at the time. Drink responsibly and be safe!

Bettypooh

For beer (at home) I mostly drink Boulavard Pale Ale and some of the seasonal brews. Fall is the season for Boulavard's "Bob's 47" which I drank 1 last night.

I like all hard liquor except Tequila but I'm a liquor snob and don't buy the crap that most people buy.

vodka I drink Luksusowa. It's a Polish potato vodka not grain alcohol piss in a fancy bottle with a cute name.

rum I drink Goslings Blackseal or Meyers Original Dark

gin I drink Bombay Sapphire

scotch I buy single malt usually Aberlour 10 yr. It's a great single malt at a reasonable price.

I like dry red wines mostly but they are so complicated I don't try to keep up with them because the same vintner can have good years and bad years.

Hugs,

Freta

there's not any "i don't drink option"! :glare:

I'm with you there, I gave it up due to the lack of interest, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired....I feel a whole lot better, and have more money to have other kinds of fun with.

I usually drink microbrews. We have a great selection in the Seattle area. I don't drink wine, so my answer there was basically a throwaway. Hard liquor is kind of a tossup. Bailey's is nice and sometimes spiced rum and coke.. but on most days, pour me a beer and I'm happy!

CDL

• 2 weeks later...

My options are severely restricted by gluten intolerance (all beer is out and some spirits too). I drink cider (that's 'hard' cider for our American friends) which is certainly closer to beer than the wine/cooler category it's in above (it's a brewed drink, for a start). I didn't cast a vote because it required me to vote in all three and there's no 'none of the above'...

Most mass-market ciders are nasty but there are some very good ones away from the mainstream. Unfortunately, it's pretty hard to find in the USA, although the variety is improving over time with some imported British ciders starting to appear on the shelves, which is most welcome :)

Well, being under 21, I have of course never imbibed :whistling: however if I were over 21 or in a different country I have a suspicion I would love India Pale Ales, Bourbon Whiskey (particularly in a whiskey sour), and Sangria. Of course this is just wild speculation :D .

The beer currently in the fridge is Sam Adams,Corona and Sierra Nevada. I like wine so have a small wine storage/cellar in the basement; Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, etc. Mostly California wine; Jordan, Cakebread, Liberty, Bogle, Hess, and so on. Some I buy to drink right away others I "lay down" for up to 10 years.

Liquor: Single Malt Scotch, Glenlivet and Balvenie. And I have always liked Dewars for a blend. I also like Rum, especially single barrel. Once in awhile I will have a classic gin martini.

My partner drinks very little and then its Grey Goose vodka with tonic or in summer he will have a mojito. He doesn't care for wine or beer. But that does just about guarantees me a designated driver:)

Ah, the sauce. They say variety is the spice of life, and I do enjoy trying new brews when I get the chance. Still, about half of my affinity for beer stems from a love of coffee, so I have a special fondness for the strong and/or dark varieties; stouts, porters, and IPAs are all favorites.

The other half comes from a love of literature, believe it or not. Reading about the flavors and styles and brewing philosophies behind all manner of beers left me with a strong feeling of curiosity about beers from all over the world, and of course the desire to satisfy that curiosity with those same beverages.

In terms of spirits I do enjoy gin quite a bit, with tonic water and in dry martinis being my favorites ways to enjoy it. For all the waxing poetic I did above about trying new things, there is not much variety in terms of hard liquors I drink. I'm not a fan of vodka at all, rum is reserved for the occasional mojito, and I don't have much of a taste for whisky either.

For wines I'm a fan of the reds. Whites certainly have their moments, but I'll never drink a white wine just to drink it. While I'm not quite as adventurous with wines as I am with beer (and I might argue that this is because wines themselves aren't as adventurous when compared with the varieties of beers), I try to stay away from just drinking chianti (a favorite variety of mine) with everything. I've found that nothing will substitute for a nice hot sake when I'm in the mood for it, and mead is a nice sweet drink to have from time to time.

Lord, I should stop myself here before I think too much about the fact that with this one post I may have written more about booze than I have about diapers. I'm not sure if I can spin that in a way that doesn't make me feel embarrassed or not. I'll wrap this up mentioning that at the moment I'm enjoying some hot spiced apple cider. On chilly autumn nights it's hard to top.

• 2 weeks later...

OUT OF ALL THE WHOLE LIST I HAVE ONLY A FEW OF EM!

1 Smirnoff Ice (or similar style drinks)

2 Hard Ciders and Lemonades

3 Wine Coolers

AND THAT IS FEW AND FAR IN BETWEEN THAT I DINK!!