LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are You Shy On The Forums?

Just wondering if anyone else is like me. I'm pretty shy when it comes to talking to people I don't know (unless I've been drinking). The same goes for internet posting, when I've been drinking, I can't type fast enough, but most times I'm just a lurker. I've been on this site for a few years now, but I've only posted a hand full of times, even though I come here about once a day. Does anyone else here visit a lot, but not post very often? Does your real life interaction with people reflect what you do on the internet?

Just wondering if anyone else is like me. I'm pretty shy when it comes to talking to people I don't know (unless I've been drinking). The same goes for internet posting, when I've been drinking, I can't type fast enough, but most times I'm just a lurker. I've been on this site for a few years now, but I've only posted a hand full of times, even though I come here about once a day. Does anyone else here visit a lot, but not post very often? Does your real life interaction with people reflect what you do on the internet?

By definition, those people probably won't reply!! It is clear from the statistics DD puts out, that out of the vast number of who are members and log on, only a relative few actually post. Some of us - me included - have far too much time on our hands and spend lots of time here.

It will be interesting to see if any of those who choose to observe only will post!

(glad to see you overcame your shyness to post this!)

Well I'm older and probably shier than most on here as I've only posted on a few subjects over the years... I also visit the site mostly everyday unless I'm gone on vacation. I am starting to try and post more this last year and I'm not really much of a drinker although I do tie one on a few times a year. That doesn't seem to affect my posts.

Most shy people that drink (I believe) do post a lot more when they have had a few as that seems to be human nature.

Yes. I may be very talkative but I am very shy. I don't IM newbies or come to people. I wait for people to come to me. I am sometimes shy to make a post or say something or speak my mind. In real life I am too afraid of offending someone so I don't talk much. Once I feel comfortable, then I am speaking my mind and talking a lot.

Lot of people don't even know I'm shy and don't believe me when I tell them.

Guest Baby-Toa

Yes. I may be very talkative but I am very shy. I don't IM newbies or come to people. I wait for people to come to me. I am sometimes shy to make a post or say something or speak my mind. In real life I am too afraid of offending someone so I don't talk much. Once I feel comfortable, then I am speaking my mind and talking a lot.

Lot of people don't even know I'm shy and don't believe me when I tell them.

OH MY GOD! You sound like me the way i'm in real life. just saying so.

No not shy...just dont have so much time as my little one keeps me busy baby girls require alot of attention and love....Everybody give your little ones some hugs and kisses the world will be a better place....

I think the general tendency is to be less shy online since you're kind of anonymous here wink.gif I'm shyer in person, especially as conversations get more personal. I almost totally clam up during intimacy rolleyes.gif Part of the cause is that I can't keep up with my thoughts which run faster than a Japanese bullet train and are as scattered as confetti in a windstorm when I get really close to someone laugh.gif

Being forced to write or type forces me to focus and slow down which makes me far less shy since I am less likely to say something stupid huh.gif Back when I used to drink the alcohol loosened me up until I got really buzzed- then I couldn't keep up with my brain (again) and I became a wallflower or a zombie mellow.gif Other than what I've mentioned here my real life conversations are pretty similar to what I write here- I'n deep and open to talking about almost anything (though in real life ABDL is a subject I hope to avoid because the people who know me well can see right through me- I'm not good at hiding anything from them but I can be an excellent liar with anyone else though I almost never do that nowadays) cool.gif I lurked here for a year before I joined and posted for two reasons- one I like nice well run forums only and two thus us a subject that takes time to get comfortable talking about for me. I am happy to say that DD has helped me become comfortable with myself and makes me feel like I'm not so wierd after all becase of my love of diapers biggrin.gif

Bettypooh

I am very shy in real life and rarely talk to anyone I don't know. I don't post much in here, except in the roleplaying that I do. No matter which Forum I am in, my post count is real low, even though I have been in some forums for years. So yes, I am shy online.

Im shy in person. I used to be the one that came on here look at the posts then leave or look at something else. Always thought I dont know these people. What if some one finds out. Then i came to this conclusion. If people know Im on here then more then likely they are into diapers to. Plus I love meeting new people. And thats why Im here to have some friends that understand.

Writing tends to be my strong suit, so if I find topics I can relate to on the forum, I'll post something, since I'll have time to work about my reply. Also, there are times when I'll need to be away, either because of work, errands, friends, or family, but I generally like to keep up with the forum and what's happening (especially since right now I'm working on a story for the forum and am trying to update each week).

I'm rather introverted in real life, though once you get me on the right subject, I can be quite social as befits the occasion.

I'm Loud! I'M PROud! I'M STRAIGHT!!! But seriously, I am not too shy. You are anonymous on this site so who cares what you say. Unless you post info like this:

John Doe

666 River Stx

Hell, MI 48169

As long as you don't do anything illegal, no one will look for who you are unless you tell us.

btw, that is a real town and zip code.

This quote from the OP is pretty much equal to how I view myself, minus the drunken typing. But I do talk more when the liquor is flowing.

Long time member, I frequent the boards roughly 3-4 times a day, but rarely post.

I think this could describe me. I've been around the board a long time. When I sometimes I have something to say I post. Otherwise I read and keep silent.

Regardless, I happily wear my diapers every night.

CDL

I used to go in the chat room a lot here before it died but if it got busy I could not follow the conversations and type quick responses. I am a slow reader and typer, did not think I was that bad but compared to people in chat I was SSSSllllooowwww.

Also did not know what all the text speak meant at the time and still don't know a lot of it now. You know things like lmao - laugh my ass off and roflmao - rolling on floor laughing my ass off (i think lol)

Like the forums as slow typing is not a problem most times. Don't feel the need to post all the time but if I see a post I like or have something to add to a topic I will.

All I can say if you see a topic you want to add your opinion to or start a new topic, just do it!

In real life I try and compensate for shyness by trying to be funny (I say trying), something I started doing when I was about 15 and haven't got out of the habit of. I'm shy on the forums so far; in fact I've only posted on one story forum, and I'm afraid I went on a bit much. The only person who's visited/viewed my profile (where I've been too pathetic to fill in the About Me part yet) is one of the people who told me to lighten up. :P . I expect he thought, "Who's this idiot? I must learn more." I'll try not to let it deter me. Give me a keyboard and I'll just blather on (in real life I can't usually get a word in edgeways). Maybe that's how to make friends and meet people on forums - post stuff that's going to get a response.