LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-plus

Now that I've been through 2 cases of these diapers and I'm impatiently waiting for my 3rd case to arrive today, I think now would be a good time to express my thoughts on these diapers. I had said earlier that I came from store brand pamps and coming from store brand pamps it's of no surprise that these would be my favorite diaper to date! Lol there so much more absorbent then what I am use to, I don't have to double them to get a good experience, they're thick and there plastic! ^_^ I can't tell you how much I have missed plastic backed diapers! At this point there is no way I could ever go back to store brand diapers. I mean, I ran out of diapers On Thursday night hoping to receive my shipment Friday not knowing they would ship this time from Cali. Instead of buying store brand to tie me over I had been pamperless since then! I know what your thinking, so brave! D: it's been scary! :<

With that said I have experienced the pin hole leak a few times. It appears only to happen when you overload a particular area. These diapers (like most I'm sure) don't do a very good job at evenly distributing liquid through out itself and they don't absorb as fast as others. I think they used the softer thinner plastic they use to help with air flow. I think instead, liquid tends to escape out of micro holes that will naturally be in the material they use. As far as the tapes go, like all diapers, if you tape the diaper on too tight, the tapes will break under pressure. If you have any oil or powdery substances on your hands then the tapes will not stick properly. Personally out of the 72 Abena Xplus L4 diapers that have been on my butt, I could count all the fails I have experienced on one hand. I find taping the diapers on slightly looser then tight helps with that, not to mention in order for the leak guards and things to work properly, you will need some room in between the legs and other places to do its job.

For now, I'm satisfied with these diapers and they will continue to be my diaper of choice until I get the chance to try the Infamous Dry 24/7. I also plan on trying Bambino Bellissemo diapers very soon. I hear those are wonderful. ^_^ I'm still in diaper experimentation and I havent tried all of the different brands. :P On a side not, I plan on leaving work a little early so that I can rush home and get my butt in a diaper before going out to dinner and movie with my fur friends! ^_^ I'm excited! :3

I am incontinent, and have been for over 10 years now, both bladder and bowel. This resulted from a spinal injury I received while in the military, so the VA supplies my incontinence

Attends are my everyday diaper but on weekends I like to try different ones. abri- form along with molicare and super dry kids because there so thick and I can wear them a lot longer before I need a change

• 2 weeks later...

Im not happy with new design of them. Them not having the waist band didn't bother me. But the also took out the plastic membrane that was in the back.And i get leaks now when sleeping on my back.

Getting back to Abena.... I just finished going through a new bag of them and didn't have a single problem with the tapes coming off, or pinhole leaks. This is a great turn around from last year when it seemed every other one I put on had problems with it.

Im not happy with new design of them. Them not having the waist band didn't bother me. But the also took out the plastic membrane that was in the back.And i get leaks now when sleeping on my back.

What plastic membrane? Not sure I know what you're referring to?

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my third bag. I've had two diapers out of 36 that had pinhole leaks (about 6%). I have noticed that if you try and re-adjust the tapes they still stick to the plastic (along with the blue tab), which will tear the plastic. As such you're really stuck not being able to readjust them. Abena could still use some more quality control, but perhaps it's just my batch. Still, much improved since I last tried them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have always liked the Abena line. The M-4's (formerly the abena-X) have always performed well for me. They remind me of what an adult sized pampers would be like ;) The last time I used one (Abema M-4 plastic shell) was on a road trip up to San Jose and back. On the return trip, we had breakfast, and along with my meal, I drank a lot of fluids (I had juice and coffee) before we left. The Abena i was wearing came in handy several times while traveling

, and kept me from suffering the need to go, and having to stop to find a bathroom :blush: that was about 5 or so hours, and by the time we arrived back here it was pretty soaked, but I stayed in it for longer time while helping a friend get his hot water heater working...and I flooded the Abena again. yes it got heavy, and squishy, but it held.

I then finally got in my car and drove back home, in a very soggy diaper, which never leaked :thumbsup: and when I got back here I did one last flood which it held..I was just amazed! I had been wearing that same diaper for something like 8 hours with repeated floods (small and large) and it kept holding. No tape issues or any leaks..

SO needless to say I L*O*V*E Abenas :wub: I just wish they would get rid of the silly looking patterns on the outside shell :P I know they are an 'incontinence product" but I feel they an do better with that rather then the yellow and blus stripes..But what ever, it doesn't hurt performance...which is amazing..

Love love love Abenas! :D