LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cath In Diaper...

Okay, I know all about the health hazards so don't preach to me.

But anyway has anybody ever taken a Foley Cath and let it empty into your diaper? It's a great feeling, you wet just like a true incontinent person-can't even notice when you get wet, it just happens naturally. Can this, over time, make you incontinent? I went 3 days doing this and had problems holding it afterwards...anyone notice that before?

I've not been able to use a cath for more than a few hours myself except when I was in the hospital and even then it was only in for less than 48 hrs and was post C-secton so I can't help to answer the question of whether it will or won't cause urinary incontinence. I'm not sure it that is your goal and I will not lecture you on the subject.

I do however also enjoy the complete loss of bladder control that a catheter affords me. I've been surprised on many occasions just how much more I wet while using one as opposed to just peeing freely at will. It seems that even though I think I'm emptying my bladder, I could do better as proven by a catheter which requires many more diaper changes for me.

I've noticed with the catheter left to its' full length it tends to get moved around inside my diaper thereby causing me some discomfort. I've done some experimenting with caths and have been trying to find a way to shorten one so that it is less noticeable coming out of me and won't move around so much inside my diaper. I wish someone could come up with a catheter that was meant to be worn discretely so the wearer didn't have to have an enormous tube hanging between his/her legs but could, instead be worn inside a diaper without the discomfort.

With that said, my hubby is leaving next week for a 4-5 day trip and I will (hopefully) get to spend several of those days heavily diapered and possibly cathed. Would be nice to be diaper dependent for a few days. (Please don't lecture)

Consider using an 'intermittent' catheter. The problem will be holding it in place, but since it lacks the internal bulb of a foley, you can trim the length to fit. Probably a bigger problem for the female versus the male. I used a thin strip of adhesive tape binding the cath end to penis head. Left it in for a day. Use caution when doing this, risk of infection and injury is very real. Go to an online medical site for insertion technique.

Jill I have read there is such a ting as a shorter catheter for the ladies however I have yet to see one. Perhaps you could roll the end and apply some soft tape to the cath. I’m thinking this would help it from moving all over the place in your diaper.

For me as a guy the standard length allows me to place the open end where I can best feel the drip and if one end of the diaper gets too wet then its time to move the end of the cath.

Good luck with your plan, next week. I would love to have some days alone. I have tried sleeping with a cath several times and always wake up to wet sheets. So far it has cost me one expensive mattress so please add a protective sheet if you are going to try sleeping with one.

YEPPERS :) I have worn caths for medical purposes for over three years and I often just let it drip into a diaper. It is a wonderful feeling to gradually feel the moisture, then your soaked and then the "OMG I better change" leak occurs, LOL :) I gave up on the catch bags after they ruptured and left me very embarrassed. I still drip into a diaper on a fairly regular basis even though I am not cathed for medical neccessity at present. Just drink alot of water, you'll be OK. Enjoy!

Huggie :biker_h4h:

I am too afraid of the risks of cathing myself.

To complicate matters my mother in law is a nurse and we have a very open relationship (no she doesn't know about my ABDL side, it isn't THAT open). But if I were to have issues then it would be hard to hide them / explain them away.

Sad....

The wife is going to vegas for a week in a couple of months and that would be GREAT to do while she is gone. Oh well, I will still have fun :D

Consider using an 'intermittent' catheter. The problem will be holding it in place, but since it lacks the internal bulb of a foley, you can trim the length to fit. Probably a bigger problem for the female versus the male. I used a thin strip of adhesive tape binding the cath end to penis head. Left it in for a day. Use caution when doing this, risk of infection and injury is very real. Go to an online medical site for insertion technique.

Are you still able to be fairly active, i.e. walking, going places, round the house work, etc, nothing heavy or strenuous, with an intermittent cath in? Are they ok to leave in for something like 5-8 hours or a good portion of the day? I really want to try this just to see what it is like, since I am not incontinent nor do I want to be. Seems very intriguing tho... to lose continence for a day. How long can you leave it in before you start to hurt your inner sphincter or begin to actually lose control without being cathed?

Guest lucys junibug

i really fancy the idea of a cath, it something i have been thinking about more and more lately and just told Lucy how i like the idea of it the other day...

i have always had a big bladder Lucy says it size of a walrus! i can hold for days even tho i drink a lot(my baby side does not appreciate this!)

so,... when i was in hospital i didn't go for about 4 days and as i wasn't allowed to go without telling anyone (i wasn't allowed off my bed) they knew that i must be pretty full with the amount i'd drunk (it was being measured) so i was given a choice...wee, or be 'drained'.....at the time i thought that it wouldn't be good as i can be prone to water infections, so after trying hard i weed....and it was a lot...too much for them to measure....looking back i can't help but feel i chose wrong and should have gone for the cath,

now i am pretty much the same, i can hold for days and drink alot, i never really get the urge to go but when i finally do, i love that desperate feeling of wetting right were i am!then within seconds i don't have the urge and can carry on with whatever i'm doing.

so i'm thinking i might actually need one to empty me as i clearly can't tell when i need to go and could use some help. i now see this as a good thing i'm even getting a lil excited about the idea...and all the talk of it dripping in my nappy.... :)

xxx

• 2 weeks later...

But anyway has anybody ever taken a Foley Cath and let it empty into your diaper? It's a great feeling, you wet just like a true incontinent person-can't even notice when you get wet, it just happens naturally. Can this, over time, make you incontinent? I went 3 days doing this and had problems holding it afterwards...anyone notice that before?

YES, This is a sure fire way of eventually making yourself incontinent. I read an account in a magazine called forum. A guy used a cath for 2 weeks then increased the to the next size for 2 weeks and then another one slightly bigger for a couple of weeks. At the end of this time.he found he had started dribbling without noticeing or control.

I have done this before. At first I didn't have the syringe to inflate the balloon and so it kept coming out. Finally I got one and thought it was just awesome. I felt like a truely incontinent person for a while. I put it in after work sometimes and leave it in for the weekend so roughly 2 days. I've thought about the desire to become incontinent but even after a couple of days I think I like the novelty of being able to choose when I'm incontinent.

For those of you who haven't done this, here's what you can expect:

Inserting is somewhat painful to push it through the urethra but maybe a turn on too.

It's a very weird feeling to push it into the bladder, cath hits a stop, then push it through- be by a toilet or sink or clamp the cath because it will leak right away.

Once in and once the balloons inflated, expect to feel a lot of pressure and the feeling of "I gotta go" I feel like my muscles are trying to push it out like peeing.

Your bladder and urethra may begin to feel a bit numb and it is uncomfortable for at least an hour or even more until you get use to it.

You'll want to take it out a dozen times if it's your first time and it may be short lived for most.

The tubing may be a little long so aim it somewhere in your diaper so it won't point out the side of it.

As a male, as you move, walk, sit, you may notice some tugging and pulling, be sure to keep the exit point where the cath comes out lubed as it will get dry and irritate your member.

I've noticed the diapers perform a lot better and absorb a lot more when it's a constant slow trickle as aposed to a few floods.

It is a wierd feeling as I was out running errands, and drinking a lot of liquids, that I needed to change my diaper. It was kindof excited "needing" to. I didn't have a choice to hold it and wait until I was done running my errands and instead had to run home, change and continue in fear I would leak since it was getting very full. I was using an Attends Extended Wear. I just love these as they are white and thick ad have a very big pad that almost wraps the while diaper even the sides. Kind of like a cloth diaper almost with all the padding. Anyway, for someone who is actually incontinent, they are probably more prepared but I could also see the inconvenience if you aren't, but I didn't take any bathroom breaks:)

As for removal, it will feel good getting the pressure out of your bladder and will probably sting or feel numb for a while.

You may have a burning sensation the first couple times you go once it's out.

The only real side affect after that I noticed was "low pressure" when going afterward and also the feeling to go when I didn't have much in me. I think it would take quite a while for it to have real side affects where you'd loose partial control but many people undergo surgery and are cathed for days with not much to report afterward.

This was just my experience and not a recommendation to use a catheter. I do fear harming myself in this way so I really don't do it very often.

I'm empty nesting tonight. I inserted a foley cath a couple of hours ago and will evaluate removal in the morning, or wearing to work. This would be a first for work, and I'm a bit nervous about leakage and getting away to change. I'll update in a day or two with the experience. For those that have not done this, use extreme caution and make sure that you manage to work in as near a sterile environment as you can. Right now, I have a little burning in my urethra from the insertion, even with surgi-lube there is a small amount of irritation. As I become acclimated, I expect it will go away. A tylenol helps, too. I'm using a Depends with a booster, cloth pull ups and plastic pants.

I rarely get a chance to do this, but it is nice when I can. I've not used one more than 24 hours, though. I buy my caths on line from themedicalsupplydepot.com in, South Bend, IN (I think)

Just be careful if you do this. There are some good video training items on you tube. Check them out first.

I think the foley cath is a bit much but only because of poor design. One doesn't need a 10 cc balloon in their bladder to stop the cath from backing out except in the most extreem conditions. If I could design a cath it would only have a slight and momentary increase in diameter about 1/2 inch behind the outlet holes. What really sucks is having a cath seemingly in place but not draining because holes are not longer inside the bladder.

Anondl

Good morning. Update

I decided to leave the cath in for the work day. Last night went well, slept well, and was soaked when the alarm went off. Used a depends overnight with a stuffer and pull on cloth diaper and plastic pants. No leaks, and the cloth pull on was dry; which is good. It is about 8:30 a.m. now and I am approaching the need for a change, which will be interesting since we have no private toilet rooms at work. The discomfort of the cath is minor and barely noticeable, now. I'll probably remove it tomorrow morning before work.

This is the longest I've tried a cath, and the experience of incontinence is educational. For those with a real medical incontinence problem, it gives one a perspective not understood until experienced. I am certainly more sensitive to the hassles now than I have been before.

Jilly and I have a few things in common in the cath department. I've worn them for about 20 years with diapers and never had any problems. I've learned a ton about what works and what to avoid. The last few years have been trying to solve the issue of being totally incontenent and wearing the cath with the inflated balloon to hold it in place, and no external cath showing, IE the cath is totally inside me. It took a lot of design work in modifying the cath, but I think I have it. Wearing the cath inside changes the way it operates and how you leak. I've worn a cath for a week leaking into diapers 24/7. I love this method. Change at work, on the road, Wal-mart, you name it. If this was the normal life for you, you wouldn't like anything of changing anywhere. I've also learned that when you cath like this, you need to get the real diapers. The Depends of the world are not a good idea for the most part.

Jilly and I have a few things in common in the cath department. I've worn them for about 20 years with diapers and never had any problems. I've learned a ton about what works and what to avoid. The last few years have been trying to solve the issue of being totally incontenent and wearing the cath with the inflated balloon to hold it in place, and no external cath showing, IE the cath is totally inside me. It took a lot of design work in modifying the cath, but I think I have it. Wearing the cath inside changes the way it operates and how you leak. I've worn a cath for a week leaking into diapers 24/7. I love this method. Change at work, on the road, Wal-mart, you name it. If this was the normal life for you, you wouldn't like anything of changing anywhere. I've also learned that when you cath like this, you need to get the real diapers. The Depends of the world are not a good idea for the most part.

Pilot please tell us how you have a cath totally inside yourself?

Drew Great write up, well done!

To all, please remember to drink plent of carnberry juice when playing with catheters. Cranberry juice helps to flush out the bladder and prevent infections.

Pilot please tell us how you have a cath totally inside yourself?

Drew Great write up, well done!

To all, please remember to drink plent of carnberry juice when playing with catheters. Cranberry juice helps to flush out the bladder and prevent infections.

Yes, I'm interested in this redesigned method as well.

Also, drink lots of water, too! And that cranberry juice need to be unsweetened because sugar is the problem with bladder infections.

Final update on cath use:

Spent a second night with the foley cath in place. Slept very well, but awoke about 3:00 with a soaked diaper. (The beer in the evening before couldn't have been the reason....) Changed and back to sleep until 5:30 alarm. By now my body had acclimated to the inserted cath and it was hardly noticeable. At work on Wednesday, I had a long meeting that nearly resulted in a leak, even with plastic pants. I was forced to stand up and 'hover' to avoid squeezing the wettness out while seated. I didn't know that a disposable and stuffer could possibly absorb so much!

Chickened out for a second day and removed the cath before showering. I was pretty self conscious about the diaper changes during the day. I can tell you that I have a lot more appreciation for those who are incontinent and what they must deal with on a daily basis. I'll probably repeat this experience again sometime.