LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

That Look On Your Face

just for a change :lol: i went down to the pub saterday lunch...err 4or5 pints :lol: anyway i was out side with linda a mate having a smoke she talked and talked... :rolleyes: when she stopped and just looked at me,what!!!that look on your face you are doing a wee.i was and admited it she then went on too tell me that her 3 kids use to get the some look on there face(sort of vacant).

this just got me wondering am i always like that when wetting :huh: anybody else do the same.

lol yea i do that too.... but with some practice it is possible to maintain a normal facial expression and even hold a conversation while weting.

i think it is prety much universal! most people who are observant and have had kids wil be able to notice it.

a bit of practice and you can overcome it, just be careful who you are with while you are practiceing!

Yeah that's the look, But seriously a quick way to over come that look, is to not let you bladder get so full. You won't have that "Relief" look if you just let it out alittle at a time as the urine builds up. I only remember my kids having the look when they were doing a #2...Too Funny.

How did you explain you wear diaper ?

Incontinent people will not show the "Relief" on their faces.

Actually I'd expect most do feel relief or at least feel they are wetting. To have absolutely no feeling when you wet is less common since it would mean nerve loss.

How did you explain you wear diaper ?

Incontinent people will not show the "Relief" on their faces.

it was not relief just spaced out look i new i was wetting :P and as for my wearing a nappy every one in the pub knows,i even leave a change bag there :lol:

incontinent see the nice scare

Actually I'd expect most do feel relief or at least feel they are wetting. To have absolutely no feeling when you wet is less common since it would mean never loss.

If you fight it, bladder incontinence is a problem - with both the overflow, leaks and visible reaction to a wet diaper / act of wetting. However, once you start to accept that diapers are a part of life, one will start to weep urine and no longer feel any different since you are constantly wetting. Yes, it is true that children will become aware of the sensation of voiding in their diapers, which is one of the classic signs that they are ready - not nessary willing - to become toilet trained. This vacant look and relief you are refering to is only visible on people whom voiding is noticable - ie they are aware that they are voiding.

To have no feeling when wetting is more common that you think - as that is the way the body will deal with complete bladder incontinence. To have little or no feeling when soiling is a different thing - this means either the feeling is not associated in the mind to the act OR the nervous system around that part of the body is failing to communicate with the brain. If it is the latter, a rare occurance - then it is highly likely that that person has no sexual function either.

The list of people aware of their daytime bladder voiding include Newborn, toddler, continent toilet trained person, bladder incontinent adult fighting to regain continence. A newborn learns to ignore this feeling - a toddler is toilet trained - a continent person keeps this feeling - and a bladder incontinent adult fighting to regain control either regains control, if possible OR gives up the fight and learns to accept this, and correspondingly, ignores the feeling. During sleep periods, the newborn, toddler, and incontinent adult ignores the wake up signal of a full bladder and will then weep urine into their diapers. This is caused by the vasprossen balance within their bodies, and not by concious control.

If you fight it, bladder incontinence is a problem - with both the overflow, leaks and visible reaction to a wet diaper / act of wetting. However, once you start to accept that diapers are a part of life, one will start to weep urine and no longer feel any different since you are constantly wetting. Yes, it is true that children will become aware of the sensation of voiding in their diapers, which is one of the classic signs that they are ready - not nessary willing - to become toilet trained. This vacant look and relief you are refering to is only visible on people whom voiding is noticable - ie they are aware that they are voiding.

To have no feeling when wetting is more common that you think - as that is the way the body will deal with complete bladder incontinence. To have little or no feeling when soiling is a different thing - this means either the feeling is not associated in the mind to the act OR the nervous system around that part of the body is failing to communicate with the brain. If it is the latter, a rare occurance - then it is highly likely that that person has no sexual function either.

The list of people aware of their daytime bladder voiding include Newborn, toddler, continent toilet trained person, bladder incontinent adult fighting to regain continence. A newborn learns to ignore this feeling - a toddler is toilet trained - a continent person keeps this feeling - and a bladder incontinent adult fighting to regain control either regains control, if possible OR gives up the fight and learns to accept this, and correspondingly, ignores the feeling. During sleep periods, the newborn, toddler, and incontinent adult ignores the wake up signal of a full bladder and will then weep urine into their diapers. This is caused by the vasprossen balance within their bodies, and not by concious control.

That's very interesting. I imagine that anyone with continence makes a relief face.

That's very interesting. I imagine that anyone with continence makes a relief face.

As I have a minor bowel condition I won't try to suggest I'm an expert at bladder issues, however looking at stats from the American Continence Foundation there are a very large number of members with OAB. OAB is a sudden urge to pee, not a lack of feeling. To suggest that incontinent people don't know they are peeing would be an overstatement. However I doubt you are suggesting that either.

Incontinence comes in many forms and the symptoms also come in many forms.

Yes, as one who is incontinent - it is not easy to describe. You don't really know your peeing or can control it but after it has happened you realize it. Hard to explain :-/

That is another reason not to want to be incontinent. I enjoy the relief of peeing a really long pee. It's like aaaaaahhhhhh...

SDB

...To suggest that incontinent people don't know they are peeing would be an overstatement. However I doubt you are suggesting that either.

Incontinence comes in many forms and the symptoms also come in many forms.

You are correct, I don't mean to state that every bladder incontinent person suffers the same symptoms.

Over Active Bladder (OAB) is a weakness or failing of the external sphincter, and the resultant action is that the bladder fills as normal, but will empty when the internal sphincter fails to hold the pressure. OAB can also be an irritation reaction to urine in the bladder, which the bladder will contract when urine enters it.

Both are a sudden and rapid emptying, and correspondingly, the patient does feel the emptying, but will have no prior warning.

A weakness or control failing of both urinary sphincter muscles will cause one to weep urine.

I am incontinent myself, and have dealt with numerous similar people. Each person will have different symptoms from a lack of control to a complete lack of feeling. I have found, due to experience, that once one accepts totally the incontinence, and trusts their protection, the mind will hide the facial expressions.

See also 'So Afraid of Flooding In Fear Of Leaks' http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.ph...c=16789&hl=

Guest YkDave

y'know, ive always thought about this myself...

I know ive caught myself doing the 'pee face' a few times, it really makes me wonder how many times ive done it without noticing. Most of my friends have children and its quite obvious when they are doing their thing, which makes me wonder even more if they have noticed!

But then on the other side of things (i hate always thinking that way), if they didnt notice, good. If they did they didnt say anything and if they do, F-em! :D

Guest YkDave

lol, yup, the 'pee face' and better yet the 'poop face' are quite noticable. We always get a good chuckle out of the friends kids when they just suddenly stop doing whatever they were doing and make one of the faces!

Haha, P face comes right after O face!!

I only have that face when I'm pitting my brain against my body; I wanna let go, and it's like, 'nooo!!!!' *giggles* But usually that's when I've been drinking, and thus, have a fuller bladder. Other than that, I've managed to wet (and even fill!) my diaps in front of friends, relatives, coworkers, and strangers alike.

i can't imagine an organism dumb enough to stick its finger in an electric socket being adept enough to ignore having to pee or realizing it has to pee. Don't getme wrong, I love babies, however we give em way too much credit.

Babies do know when they have to go. Google "elimination communication" for more info.

Babies do know when they have to go. Google "elimination communication" for more info.

Sorry but after reading the 5 month update on a very dedicated program of EC I don't believe it is true at all.

Like it shows here it is only guess work.

"ow that got frustrating! It seems to be whenever that pressure is on his belly, or whenever he decides he’s done with being on the floor and starts fussing, that he just lets go and pees. It was a bit discouraging for me because I’m used to catching most of his pees throughout the day.

The most discouraging thing would be when I’d offer him the potty and he wouldn’t go – then I’d put him down and he’d pee almost immediately."

http://blog.naturalbirthandbabycare.com/ec...5-month-update/

Sitting on a bowl for most every few minutes everyday to me is just as much detrimental to the child as all the yelling many people do.

No way should a baby live his/her informative years over a bowl constantly. Just my opinion though to each his own...

Sorry but after reading the 5 month update on a very dedicated program of EC I don't believe it is true at all.

Like it shows here it is only guess work.

"ow that got frustrating! It seems to be whenever that pressure is on his belly, or whenever he decides he’s done with being on the floor and starts fussing, that he just lets go and pees. It was a bit discouraging for me because I’m used to catching most of his pees throughout the day.

The most discouraging thing would be when I’d offer him the potty and he wouldn’t go – then I’d put him down and he’d pee almost immediately."

http://blog.naturalbirthandbabycare.com/ec...5-month-update/

Sitting on a bowl for most every few minutes everyday to me is just as much detrimental to the child as all the yelling many people do.

No way should a baby live his/her informative years over a bowl constantly. Just my opinion though to each his own...

Gweg, I am not going to hijack this thread to discuss the pros and cons of elimination communication. Safe to say - a newborn, as proven by not only Galens behavior from 1 week old, but by years of research and observation - KNOWS when it needs to void. Yes, with all children (and adults) they will chose to regress for no visible reason - you do, as an adult baby - can you, as an adult, fully explain your choices?

My original statement was the a newborn ignores the feeling of voiding. I will expand it for you, a diaper trained newborn ignores the signals that it needs to void, and therefore will not show any change in emotion. The reason it ignores this is that it has been taught not to care, and not that it doesn't know that it is voiding.

Are we honestly trying to argue that taking a dump on a toilet is damaging to a child? Seriously?

Raise em normal, let the public school system screw em up for you.

It could be if the child isn't ready to give up diapers. Most probably aren't damaged as you would put it but I've always believed the reason most AB/DL are the way they are is because they weren't ready to give up diapers emotionally. Or they weren't ready to give up the baby part of their lives. Even though most don't remember their years in diapers they still occurred and are still in our subconscious.

I heard that most babies don't like wearing them but some don't mind wearing them but the ones who do like them, there is a chance they are a DL and might grow up to be one and maybe be an AB. I liked my diapers when I was little so I was probably a DL back then too.

I read that babies do not like getting poop and pee on themselves so they try to keep it in them when they have to go but they can't hold it. Us as parents just ignore the signs that they have to go and we just leave them sitting in their mess so we basically train them to go in their diapers and then they have to relearn when we potty train them.

Why don't babies cry when they have to go? Because they don't have the cognitive ability to tell us and they do not know where they are supposed to go. It's just like when you bring home a puppy, they are not toilet trained because they do not know they are supposed to go outside so we have to teach them to go out. Infants do not know where to put their poop and pee so we have to teach them where to put it and we praise them after they go in the toilet. Then they learn after a while that is where they put their poop and pee. But can they hold it as long as we can? No they cannot. That is why in countries like Asia, people can carry their infants and they never ever get their poop and pee on them or on anything else because the parents know when they have to go.