LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best Feature In A Diaper

I was just wondering what everyone thought the best feature about a diaper is. Personally, I think the best feature is absorbancy. Next, I would have to say elastic waistband. Those are the main reasons I love Bambino's so much because they have the best absorbancy plus the waistband. I hate not having a waistband...it always bulges out at the top and makes me look fat through my shirt (the waistband holds it to my body and doesn't make me look fat). That is just me though.

What is everyone's favorite feature?

I love the absorbency too because of the security it offers. If I wet no one knows but me where if I'm not wearing I always worry about whether the wet spot will be noticeable. Thankfully it usually isn't since it's centered in the crotch rather than right in front.

Hugs,

Freta

Absorbancy is the number one feature. Good tape is another good feature (gotta keep the diaper on when it is wet). Odor control is another great feature. Some premium diapers do not have this.

I have to break this down into daytime and nighttime usage.

In the daytime the speed of absorbency matters most since I tend to pee large amounts quickly once I start and I cannot stop it till most of it has escaped no matter how hard I try :blush: I can change before the next round so overall absorbency doesn't matter to me nearly as much B) Concealability is next with comfort following ^_^

At nighttime overall absorbency matters most as I will not get out of bed once I'm in it :P and there's usually enough 'floodability' if there's enough overall absorbency ;) Fastening reliability comes next- even with plastic panties I don't want my diapers to come loose during the night since they get out of place and uncomfortable :angry:

I wear cloth diapers at night because all of these features are a reliable certainty and because I like them much better than disposables :wub: For me disposables are for concealment and for the odd times I really want to wear them instead of cloth diapers :rolleyes: In my dreamworld I'd be in cloth diapers exclusively :D

Bettypooh

I would have to agree, flood control is #1. I like the feeling of just letting loose, several times without worry that it's going to pouring on the floor. Second would be the overall capacity, and third is looks. I love my bambino's because they look and feel so good! They hold a ton! I just wish they could take the all-at-once flooding. Seems like I have to hold back a bit and let it out in spirts if I want it to all stay in.

...makes me look fat...

You, fat? Ha! That's just silly talk, Adrian!

As for most important feature, it would have to be strong tapes. I can't stand tapes popping off. Favorite feature? A really smooth, soft plastic cover, like Pampers or Luvs from the '80s and '90s. Some diapers have a plastic cover, but it's got a coarser texture that's just not as nice.

Yeh Depends did have a good waistband but I absolutely can't stand their lack of absorbancy. You might as well be wearing a sheet of paper. Bambinos have the best waistband I have found in most all the adult diapers I have tried. I haven't tried European diapers so I can't say anything there but yeh.

that it fits and dosent go above or even close to my belly button..

i use medium cause it dosent go that high, large would prolly fit better, but it goes to high

want 1 tape diapers...

Absorbancy, Absorbancy, Absorbancy.... why don't adult diaper manufactures use the same absorbancy pro rata as Pampers?

The ideal diaper to me is a Pampers (new or old type) that is in adult sizes with all the 'items' of a pampers - single elastic velcro tapes - amazing absorbancy - proper leg gathers - elastic waist +++

the infantile charachters are just the icing on the cake :)

Single velcro tapes are just not 'truly' possible for an adult diaper. The amount of weight that would need to be held considering the average amount of urine an adult urinates is just not feasible for a one tape diaper. That is the main reason you do not see one tape. Babies do not urinate as much as thus do not need the amount of taping support that an adult diaper needs. I mean it could be done but don't expect the tremendous absorbancy like you see in a Bambino. MAYBE, the absorbancy you see in Attends or something along those lines.

I agree, absorbency and fit are important. I wear Tranquility Slimelines during the day and ATNs at night, both with Comco plastic pants.

As far as tapes slipping, I have found that if you use diaper pins and pin through the tapes you take that concern away. I'm DL, but I like the thought of using baby diaper pins to help secure my diaper. I poke the pin into the diaper about a 1/2 inch in front of the blue tapes and then fasten the pin head through the two tapes.

To deal without having a waist band I just fold the front of the diaper down a couple of inches and it makes a good tight seal across the front of the diaper. I have never had a diaper leak from the front.

Try this and see what you think.

Absorbency, then fit and comfort are the most important factors for me.

Other important features I look out for include:

- Decent tapes. I'm not keen on those two-layer blue thingys like on Abri-forms and Molicares. I much prefer a landing zone, like Bambino, Secure X-Plus and [Euro] Tena Slip because they provide a much greater ability to refasten. With the two-layer blue tapes, you either have to always refasten the diaper in exactly the same place or you only get one shot at adjustment. Neither of those are good when the plastic stretches a bit as you wear them. Having a taping zone allows you to refasten as much as you need to.

- Standing leg guards. I know these are technically meant to contain poop but they work well to stop leaks too. Diapers without the standing leak guards tend to leak out much more frequently, especially when lying down.

- Elasticated waistband (ideally front and back, ala Bambino) gives a much better fit, especially as time goes on.

one of the things i look for is what the outside material is made of. i preferably want to get soft plastic (like the abena xplus and molicare sup plus) over the cloth ones.

second is bulk since i do not wear in public.

(i would be wearing right now since i am the only one home but got to mess with my sister's car since it won't start...)

I do pay attention to the plastic on the outside as well - I just prefer Bambinos plastic as I think it has both the softness and perfect "crinkle factor" to it. Abenas are OK but they lack the crinkle in my opinion but some people don't mind that I guess.