2. 2. ...I could never give up....

• My Diapers
    • My Plastic Pants
    • My Baby Clothes
    • My Bottle
    • My pacifier
    • My Teddy bear / Dolly
    • My Blankie

It was hard for me to make a choice, since I now find myself fitting into too many categories.

In the beginning, i was a curious bystander suffering from incontinence and chronic illness. Now, i love the whole baby thing. Here are the choices I slected:

1. Adult Baby

2. Dolly

I have always loved my baby dolls, even before I thought to experiment with this whole thing. I've slept with them every single night.

Awesome survey.

I had to pick Adult Baby, naturally... but it was a tough choice between diapers and my blankie. I chose blankie though, because I have gone without my diapers for long periods of time (not out of choice mind you!!!) but I have NEVER gone without my blankie, except for when I went to basic training!

• 1 month later...

I chose D/L and Diapers, I never chose incontinence it just happened, but I love my Plastic Pants too, never feel properly

dressed without them.

• 2 weeks later...

I chose 'incontinent' and Teddy - 'incontinent' since that does semi describe me and I don't believe in titles or stereotypes, and Teddy cause Theodore (the pic on the left) has spent his life every night in bed with me and I can't sleep without him.

• 10 years later...

Rubber panties are a defining characteristic of me as a little girl. When I was little, for the most part, they were very much a part of a little girl's life when she was 4 and up to when she was 8 in 2 ways revolving around not being able to hold it COMFORTABLY for 2 hours or so and other ways that were more well known

1. Going on long trihps: This was before the expressway system, when speed limits were, at best, 45 and usually 35. So if you were going somewhere that was 50 miles away and you wetn through a couple of cities, there was your 2 hours gone. You would only be going at those high speeds fro maybe 30 mile and the rest would be back roads and in-city where the speed limit would be 20 or 25. So little Linda would be put in a diaper

2. Whole little boys would roam, little girls would group together at someone's house for the afternoon, which meant about 12:30 to 4:45. If, out of a group of, say 5, 2 were under 8 and thererfore pewsumed not to be able to hold it for two hours comfortably, they were in diapers and, of course, rubber panties. This was the age of the 5 gallon toilet. the parents had lived though the Depression and did not want to use that much water , which could be 20 gallons extra. Also, Mommy or the grownup in charge, did not want the toilet being tied up  that extra 4 times

A third, not unusual but not uiversal, way use was for "chastity training" things like keeping track of one's skirts and carrying oneself in a ladylike manner. For this an unusually short dress was put on the girl under which was a diaper and rubber panties, for the day when there would be a goodly number of persons coming over. Naturally everyone though the little dress was cute so the girl would be a center of attention and Fairy help her if her rubber panties showed. As an added "bonus", in some families, the girl would be made to wet the diaper just to give her added motivation . Mommy could sit you on her lap and check to be sure you were wet with nobody knowing and if soeeone niticed here panties, Nommy might say "And she's already wet. I guess I will have to change her in a little while"

Then there was just the usual night diapers and  diaper punishment/chastizement. This was used as an alternative to spanking, which was considered to coarse and brutal to use on a littel girl by many families. Being in diapers and rubber panties is very different when you are in a (usually short) dress where  the tiniest wrong move could lead to an afternoon of some nasty teasing and you usually had to wet the diaper and be in it a long time so it was doubled or tripled so that you could go a long time between changes  So you would be wet as part of this wonderful activity

Rubber panties were the more noaticeable part of the diaper kit as they fit over the diaper, were immediately identifiable and were often seen either lying around or over the tukb or hanging out on the line where the diapers looked like rectangles of clothe that could be anything while the shape and look of the material gave the rubber panties away. Also, girls had one or two baby dolls that they would put diapers on or sometimes, if the dolly was a bit bigger, just the rubber panties

Also, and this was the deciding thing for me. Dolly is WITH you; rubber panties are ON you, a more intimate part of your life and mark you as "babyish" so they "say" something. Whey do you think a 5 or 7 year old boy goes fetal if Momy says "I am going to put your sister's diaper and rubber pantries on you"? So for me rubber panties are as much an iconic part of very little girl ans dolly

On 4/4/2009 at 12:50 PM, babyruth said:

I chose diaper lover and diapers. :D

...yep, me too. Love the diapers, seldom where plastic pants, get way too hot in them. Just love a nice airy cloth diaper!!!

Aside from a study in minimalism, this does nothing significant. Other than DL, where the diaper is the story, trying to draw any significant conclusions by only one item is just not possible. If you look at my siggie. you see several things. I had to pick just one so I chose the one that tells more, not directly, but by implication, such as age and gender. Since Little Girl is already selected, "Dolly" could be any little girl from 4 to 9. Rubber panties, paired with little points to a girl but could be a boy, but not liekly as I explained,  and Little Girl is already selected,  but it does point to my age range (4 to 7; by the time I am 8, I BETTER know how to keep my skirts down and hold it like a big girl). At any event, this gives a very incomplete, therefore distorted, view