• Asia
    • Americas (not USA or Canada)
    • Australia / NZ
  3. 3. Will things get better soon

• Yes
    • No, not this year
    • Yes, but not till next year
    • No, not for a long time

So much is happening with the economy. I wonder how many people have decided to not buy diapers because they are concerned about meeting their other needs like rent, mortgage, food, car, gas etc. I hear of many people concerned, especially in the USA about losing their jobs, or have already lost their jobs.

How are you getting by? Have you quit buying diapers?

I have not been buying diapers because I don't wear much when its cold out side, I wear so many layers if I leak I have a big cleanup and way too much laundry to do.( I have been wearing 3 sets of thermals most everyday for the last 4 months)

However I do have diapers I bought earlyer on to use when the warmer weather gets here, I usually wear just shorts over my diapers in summer.

I do sometimes just miss wearing dispers too much, and wear for a few days and put up with the extra washing.

I am still buying diapers but just not as many. I have had to resort to buying bags of Depends. Normally Depends are not my diaper of choice but they aren't so bad if you put two baby diapers in them for boosters. I miss being able to buying big cases of diapers, but who knows maybe things will perk up. :)

I'm carrying on as normal, but saying that I only buy a box every few months anyway

On one hand it pisses me off how relatively small groups of greedy idiots screwed the economy and now everyone else has to pay for it and millions lose their job, possibly home, etc. in the process... but on the other hand certain things become cheaper, for instance houses - so for the minority of people with money looking to get their first home there's some bargains to be had. Just a shame those bargains are on the back of the previous family getting kicked out.

Hope the bwankers get what they deserve! :bash:

(wow, the first european?!)

I tend to wear diapers mostly for comfort reasons, so I don't go through as many as those who tend to use them do. Also, I seem to be poor enough that the economic collapse hasn't really had much effect on me... I tend to use birthday and christmas money to stock up on diapers, but occasionally wind up with enough spare money and use it on them, rather than go get pizza or buy a DVD. I doubt my position'll change for quite some time, either way.

I prefer cloth at night which is my usual wear-time, and my disposables are mainly for weekend :blush: days. My job hasn't ended totally, but has become sporadic :angry2: so there will be no more disposables till the bank account is back to normal which probably won't be anytime soon :( Considering the economic troubles growing as they are I'd advise those wishing to continue wearing to get a supply of cloth diapers and their accessories while they can ;) If things get a lot worse, the small companies that cater to us are going to close their doors and whatever is left on the market will cost a lot more afterwards :crybaby:

Bettypooh

luckily for those of us for whom this is a choice we are able to just not buy them when money gets tight, i mean, its a luxury, if it came down to gas in the car or diapies, i'd go with gas.. i can live without the diapies.

but i am going to be keeping my eyes out for good deals for those who do need them and may not have a set income or insurance that will cover them... if i see any deals i'll be sure to post.

I'm retired and live on a fixed income---------sure I could work I suppose if I found a job I liked, if I wanted to work, but by being frugal I get by.

So I wear cloth diapers and only spend occasionally for a new pair of plastic pants. The poor economy hasn't really touched me bad yet and for that I am thankful.

The other day I stopped at the Mission Thrift Store and ran into a bargain I could not resist buying. Large Tena Ultra 40 packs at $5 each. Only two, so I got both.

Personally I think disposables are like pissing your money down the drain, but at eight for a dollar, I'm going to give them a try.

Overall I will remain in thick soft gauze diapers. Experimenting may be fun!

I suggest to all who read this to not overlook the bargains at the thrift stores.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

luckily for those of us for whom this is a choice we are able to just not buy them when money gets tight, i mean, its a luxury, if it came down to gas in the car or diapies, i'd go with gas.. i can live without the diapies.

but i am going to be keeping my eyes out for good deals for those who do need them and may not have a set income or insurance that will cover them... if i see any deals i'll be sure to post.

Daddy and me are lucky. he teaches at a University so he has a recession proof job. We use cloth diapers lots cause we like them, but we could use cloth more often since we can wash and dry them!

Today we found some pull-ups called "pajama pants" for kids. They are the same size as goodnites and i got 100 for $35.00

Still buying diapers however I use a lot of cloth so it keeps costs down.

As far as whether the economy will turn around next year...dreaming. This economic crisis is going to last for a few years. We haven't seen bottom yet.

Still buying diapers however I use a lot of cloth so it keeps costs down.

As far as whether the economy will turn around next year...dreaming. This economic crisis is going to last for a few years. We haven't seen bottom yet.

We are also using cloth because we love them. The advantage of being cheaper is a huge plus. We get pull-ups at a discount store to use under the cloth to catch the messy stuff. We also get goodnites and underjams when on sale which i wear at home sometimes.

i posted this another thread as well, rite aid online is doing a special get 5$ off a purchse of 25$ or more and with a purchase of 25$ or more you get free shipping. they ship discretely and if all the label says is rite aid.. well thats a pretty well known store that sells more than just diapers..

on their website they sell along with depends, tena, attends, andabri form x plus... just wanted to let you all know.

lol I buy diapers like, once a year, and I just invested in some a week or so ago, so I'm cool. I only work part-time at a Dollar store, and I still have the same amount of hours I had before.

Also, things will get better. Jeez, this has happened before and our economy has pulled through.

I'm thinking about switching to cloth. I would start buying them on ebay. I have lot of money saved up, my parents will pay me back for my wedding.

Guest BabyAdam_21

i still buy diapers but not as often. I still try and buy atleast once a week i just conserve them at all. It suxs i was going to go 24/7. But when i get a new job i will go back to it. I work from home which makes it nice. I just cant wait for everything to be fixed

lol I buy diapers like, once a year, and I just invested in some a week or so ago, so I'm cool. I only work part-time at a Dollar store, and I still have the same amount of hours I had before.

Also, things will get better. Jeez, this has happened before and our economy has pulled through.

I love your outlook, lets hope others can see it this way as well. thanks for the contribution to the discussion