LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Random Diaper Questions?

Gots a question and it might be a noob question and im sorry for any inconvenince.

But what would you tell your son/daughter about your ab/dl or incontence lifestyle

at what age would you decide to tell them?

and would you ever "flaunt" your want/need for diapers around your children

Is this acceptable?

Personally, I worldn't tell my kids that I'm into the AB/DL lifestyle........why do I need to share a fetish with my children?

However, if I was incontinent and wore diapers for that reason, then I would expect them to know about that. I wouldn't tell them as such, but I would expect them to be aware as they grow up that I have a medical condition. A bit like we know our mother uses sanitary products, but she never actually sits down and tells us.......well not her son anyway lol.

Beth

first off if its incontinence, its not a lifestyle, its a medical condition, and while its not necessary to tell you children, as said i'm assure they'd become aware of it at some point and may be curious why mommy or daddy wears diapers.

If you are just a parent who likes to act like a baby why in the world would you tell your children that? i mean why would they need to know? seriously, parents should be open and honest with their children, but there is a line.

And flaunting it? seriously, again if you like to dress up as a baby, why would you engage your underage children or even your overage children in that lifestyle?

I don't think it is almost EVER appropriate to tell your children you enjoy dressing up/acting like a baby.

Gots a question and it might be a noob question and im sorry for any inconvenince.

But what would you tell your son/daughter about your ab/dl or incontence lifestyle

at what age would you decide to tell them?

and would you ever "flaunt" your want/need for diapers around your children

Is this acceptable?

When I had a family (son and wife), we kept it hidden and when we (my wife and I) were into it, my son stayed at his grandparents house. This became increasingly difficult as he grew older. My son found out about this during a messy divorce, when his mother brought him to the house and said, "There's your daddy! There's your daddy!" He was 12 yrs. old. I was dressed in a little girl's frock with my diapers and rubber panties poking out underneath the hem of the dress.

I don't know if this was "flaunting it", but he has handled it well. He is getting married in a few weeks and plans to visit me in Phoenix on their honeymoon. He assures me his bride to be knows about me and my lifestyle, seen my website and all and has no problem with it. We'll see.

I have had relationships with friends who've had children and I've been exposed to them as a big baby girl at parties and so forth. The kids seem to love it. No problemos. I think it all depends on the adults around who can influence the kids positively or negatively. Acceptible? Depends. lol. (So, what's your problem?)

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Hmmmmm.......good question.

I really cant say since I don't have kids but I wouldn't tell them right away. I might tell them when they are teens but I would want them to do they're own thing, not copy my stuff. Lead by experimentation, not example.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

Hmm these are interesting thoughts. What I've always wondered is what if the parent had no desire to dress up or act like a baby and only liked to wear diapers just for the hell of it? I mean if the parent just liked wearing them sometimes when they felt like it or if they chose to all the time, would it still be inappropriate?

OH my hell no. We have 3 kids. 12, 6 and a baby. I would be horrified if any of them find out. Seriously, how many of you want to THINK about your parents having sex, much less their possible sexual quirks?? If it's a medical issue that's one thing. But. Yeah. So no, not acceptable in any terms other than medical which might require them knowing.

ill also jump on the bandwagon. no reson to come out to them on the subject, its really none of their business and im sure they really would rather not know!

Now, its a different story if one of them walks into the room while mommy and daddy are goin at it dressed up with diapers and whatnot... Then that may require a little explanation

Here's a thought to all the medical condition people. Is paraphilic infantilism a medical condition? If it is then what is the difference between needing to wear diapers for incontinence and needing to wear diapers because of having a paraphile? If it is a need then I think it is ok. If it is a want then imposing upon your kids is not a good idea for something that can be controlled.

SDB

A couple of thoughts here:

1. Should you come out and out yourself and lifestyle to you kids out of the blue? No. This can cause alot of problems with the kids and their mental picture of their family life, and even to some degree their self-image. The kids don't need to know about parents sexual interests. Seriously, I never really even cared about what Mom and Dad's interests were growing up, and tried to avoid thinking about it (especially as a teenager) I would imagine most kids are probably the same.

2. Give the kids a little credit. Most kids know when there's something wierd going on in the family, or something thats not quite right. If Dad receives a big box every few weeks/months that quickly disappears, do you seriously think they won't go looking to see if they can find what might have been in it? Darn straight they will. If they would find such items and came and asked questions (or were caught finding them), then the exact opposite of point 1 would be necessary. The absolute worst thing you can do is shut them down and refuse to give them information. Most kids, especially teenagers have a fairly decent intellect and can comprehend stuff pretty well. And trust me, if you dont tell them, its not a case of them finding out about things from their friends, they will log onto the internet and pretty soon have all kinds of mental images of parents in the most extreme versions of the lifestyle. There are times when talking is the right choice.

3. I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again: I don't see anything wrong with wearing diapers around the family, especially if they are under normal clothing etc. Fetish wear obviously is excessive, but I don't see the issue with diapers. After all, diapers for everyone arn't sexually oriented, and in many cases are necessary. It may lead to some questions like I mentioned in point 2, and which time honesty is key, but it may not as well.

I wouldn't tell them at a young age, that's for sure. I'd probably let them in on it in general once the time comes to teach them about sex, but then again, I won't tell them *specifically* that I do any of that. They're sure as hell not going to want to know about what their mommies do behind closed doors.

Now, if I developed some condition or sustained some injury that left me incontinent, then I would tell them, and I'd also stress why it'd be necessary at that point. Since it wouldn't be fetish-related at that point, there's no harm in letting them in on it... letting them in on it could actually help down the line.

Here's a thought to all the medical condition people. Is paraphilic infantilism a medical condition? If it is then what is the difference between needing to wear diapers for incontinence and needing to wear diapers because of having a paraphile? If it is a need then I think it is ok. If it is a want then imposing upon your kids is not a good idea for something that can be controlled.

SDB

With paraphilic infantilism, the "need" to wear diapers isn't a medical need. It's not even a need--it's a very strong desire. The reality is, we are whole, healthy people with or without diapers. A lot of us are using diapers as a substitute for a genuine, unmet need. If diapers are effective in satisfying that need, then why does using diapers do nothing except make us want to keep using diapers?

If you reach the point where you're convinced diapers are imperative, that you can't possibly survive or be happy unless you wrap your butt in paper and plastic, I'd say you need diapers about as much as an alcoholic needs a beer.

There is no need to tell your kids about this fetish. They stand to gain nothing except a story to tell a therapist.

With paraphilic infantilism, the "need" to wear diapers isn't a medical need. It's not even a need--it's a very strong desire. The reality is, we are whole, healthy people with or without diapers. A lot of us are using diapers as a substitute for a genuine, unmet need. If diapers are effective in satisfying that need, then why does using diapers do nothing except make us want to keep using diapers?

If you reach the point where you're convinced diapers are imperative, that you can't possibly survive or be happy unless you wrap your butt in paper and plastic, I'd say you need diapers about as much as an alcoholic needs a beer.

There is no need to tell your kids about this fetish. They stand to gain nothing except a story to tell a therapist.

thank you, i was trying to find a way to respond to that post and couldn't get it worded right! thanks.

Ah! So that's the true story behind Beer and Diapers! :lol:

Joking aside that's a good point.

Every person who has custody of a child has to figure out all aspects of parenting. Given that children do not arrive with complete instructions easy to understand, and there is no Parenting License Exam, raising kids is difficult.

When a parent is incontinent, let us agree that toilet training toddlers becomes very interesting. Strangely enough most of the kids of incontinent parents I know in person did not find this confusing. Many times here on Daily Diapers and on other sites I have discussed that my Granny and Mom were incontinent. I agree with them that it would have been foolish to try keeping their diapers a secret from us kids. Instead they taught us to be discreet about diapers as people should about any undies. We also were taught to respect the fact each individual is unique.

Personally I was 26 when I learned adult babies want to wet so they can get to wear diapers. Knowing this immediately made me feel better about my life requiring diapers. A few days later, once I found pleasure using a pacifier and baby bottle, I asked my Mom if she had known about ABDL when I was a kid. Mom replied "What is an AB?" Given it was 1990 before I found out, I believe my Mom.

It was also assumed in our family all the girls would eventually revert to wetting. That proved to be true for my three sisters and our girl cousin. By the time I found out about ABDL my youngest sister Missy already was married and had a daughter. Missy wets even more than me. Like me she uses AB play as a coping strategy. She decided that she would never try to keep the fact of incontinence from her daughter. Although Missy did not deliberately flaunt her AB play with her child, or any children, she did not make it a major secret. At some point her daughter started to ask questions. By age 14 the young woman's reaction was that to her AB was "sort of silly". Soon she will be 19 and still claims no desire to use a pacifier, but she also does not call doing so "silly".

As I said, every family is different. One parenting style hardly works for everyone. Maybe some will be successful keeping their ABDL a deep secret. Just consider the downside when such a secret is broken. Trust me, playing ABDL is not a secret that can ever be entirely maintained, at least from people living with you. Think about it.

These are all marvelous points to remember, a grand start for the much needed baby instruction book.

Perhaps we should add a reminder to enroll new babies in a good pre-school early in pregnancy, to improve chances of being accepted.

Basic child care 101

1.) Do not shake or drop your baby

2.) Feed when hungry

3.) change when they poop

4.) Sign them up for E-Trade

:huh:

Hi I am raising my SO's boy,

We've been together for 5 years, and I've never felt it necessary to let him in on the fact that I like to wear diapers. For the past couple of years I've been wetting the bed again, so he knows about my need to wear at night, and doesn't have a problem with it.

During the last year I've also had back problems that pinched off nerves where I couldn't feel my legs, or whether I was peeing or not. I had to use a walker because when I didn't my right leg would sometimes give out unexpectedly and I would fall (not good for your back).

So before the surgery I had to wear diapers day and night, and that he knew about because of the big boxes arriving at our door, but it was no big deal.

After the operation I started getting the feeling back, and was doing kagel exercises and taking oxybuten three times a day (still am but still wetting the bed). I got over wetting during the day, and my feeling came back in my legs (except for my right thigh) so I don't fall over any more. He knew I was wearing for medical reasons and that I wear at night so I don't wet, but I have NEVER told him that I wore because I LIKED it.

That's just a need to know, that he simply doesn't need to know. And I have never flaunted it about. Kids ain't dumb, but there are somethings they simply don't need to know. Trust me on this, telling them about this is a BAD idea.

Peace,

Vic ;)

Yes see i dont understand why it would be sooo wrong to tell our children as becuase they would eventualy find out anyways.When we use the internet we aren't always carefull and to where we hide our "items" that is also sometimes very difficult and especialy in young children they tend to go searching for things they dont need to be....but if i were to have kids i probably wouldn't tell them til they were old enought to understand it

But thanks for all the advice it helped a great deal