LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Worst 'case' Scenario

lilwetone

If I have to pick a store available diaper, I dont really have any problems going with the Depends Maximums. They arnt the most comfortable or the most asorbent diapers in the world, but they're definitely better than nothing. And to be honest, I haven't really ever had any major problems with them unless I put 3 or 4 floods into a single diaper. I wouldnt be too worried about it to be honest.

Depends, I guess... I've never tried the Assurance brand.

But something to consider: You'll be saving money upfront with the Depends-- but you'll go through them faster, as you'll need to change more often...

wv

Contrary to my screen name, I haven't used Depends in years. Maybe they've gotten better, but they're both still marginal as these things go. My suggestion is to buy whichever brand is cheaper, and if that's Assurance, consider putting the difference towards a pack of Depends Boosts...which are of pretty good quality.

Depends with a Depend booster!

I've used both. Yes the Assurance is cheaper, they feel better, fuller cut but they don't hold much. Well let me clarify that, they can absorb a lot but the gel that they are made of or the overall construction leads to a diaper that you can't sit down or squeeze your thighs in that much once you have a significant wetting. The gel is just like a sponge it will just squirt out once it is squeezed. So you need at least a Depend booster.

The Depend boosters cost about $5 in Wal-Mart for 20. So if you save money on Assurance diaper and add a booster the cheaper diaper in now more than Depends diaper. This is based on getting Depends diapers for $10.99 which I can get from national drug retailers (Walgreens, Rite Aid & CVS) every few weeks when on sale. Also call Depends (1-800-558-6423) for coupons, anytime I call they always ask if I want some coupons mailed. They come in a regular business size envelop and the return address is Kimberly Clark.

Now I'm not much a fan of Depend diapers anymore, they changed them earlier this year, I feel they don't hold much with the change. Yet I'm a big fan of their underwear {pull-up's}, they always make them better with every re-design. I'm in these all the time when I'm not diapered, including while working.

Having said that I understand about the money situation, I lost my job 3 months ago and the job market where I'm at is very depressing. Still I will continue with my favorite pricier diaper which is Tranquility. I use them with a Huggies overnight at night time. I use to use Molicare with a Huggies on the weekend but I found that Tranquility is almost as good so I've eliminated the more pricier Molicare.

Depends use to be my day time diaper until the recent change. But now I use Tranquility during the day which now makes it my exclusive diaper.

I buy the Tranquility ATN (All through the night) from magicmedical.com I buy 2 cases at a time for a 5% savings and get free shipping. So that's 192 diapers for $169.

Phil

Neither is great but can work. Booster is a good addition. I agree with the idea of Assurance with Depends Booster. Even without the Booster, Assurance work ok for 1 good fast wetting and then a bit more slowly. Sitting here in Assurance now so I guess I prefer them over Depends. P_P

I have been useing assurance for a few months now, and I can say I like them better than depends, you need to add stuffers to any diaper, to get the use out of it, if you don't add a stuffer your just fooling yourself.

I think depends, and any diaper for that matter, are made to be changed as soon as there wet, but us DL's don't see it that way, so you need to soak up that excess wetness somehow, I use washable microfiber towels, I can get at least 3 good wettings out of my assurance with 2 of those towels inside, and if you roll the 2 towels from one side to the center, and do the same on the other side, you create a crevice in the center, this channels the wetness down into the towels and out into the diaper padding.

I can flood this setup, which I love to do, and still not have a leak for a few hours of soaking wet fun.

Good Luck try this out, it works well and you get away with a 40 cent diaper, that acts like a more expensive diaper without the repeated cost.

Just yesterday I wrote about the national drug store chains running Depend sales every few weeks at $10.99.

Well in today's Sunday paper I see two of these chains advertising the new sale price at $11.99. Just like everything else, prices are going up!

I mentioned I don't use their diapers anymore but I use their underwear. If I lived alone I think I would go with washables even though my desire is for disposables.

Phil

Depends with a Depend booster!

I've used both. Yes the Assurance is cheaper, they feel better, fuller cut but they don't hold much. Well let me clarify that, they can absorb a lot but the gel that they are made of or the overall construction leads to a diaper that you can't sit down or squeeze your thighs in that much once you have a significant wetting. The gel is just like a sponge it will just squirt out once it is squeezed. So you need at least a Depend booster.

The Depend boosters cost about $5 in Wal-Mart for 20. So if you save money on Assurance diaper and add a booster the cheaper diaper in now more than Depends diaper. This is based on getting Depends diapers for $10.99 which I can get from national drug retailers (Walgreens, Rite Aid & CVS) every few weeks when on sale. Also call Depends (1-800-558-6423) for coupons, anytime I call they always ask if I want some coupons mailed. They come in a regular business size envelop and the return address is Kimberly Clark.

Now I'm not much a fan of Depend diapers anymore, they changed them earlier this year, I feel they don't hold much with the change. Yet I'm a big fan of their underwear {pull-up's}, they always make them better with every re-design. I'm in these all the time when I'm not diapered, including while working.

Having said that I understand about the money situation, I lost my job 3 months ago and the job market where I'm at is very depressing. Still I will continue with my favorite pricier diaper which is Tranquility. I use them with a Huggies overnight at night time. I use to use Molicare with a Huggies on the weekend but I found that Tranquility is almost as good so I've eliminated the more pricier Molicare.

Depends use to be my day time diaper until the recent change. But now I use Tranquility during the day which now makes it my exclusive diaper.

I buy the Tranquility ATN (All through the night) from magicmedical.com I buy 2 cases at a time for a 5% savings and get free shipping. So that's 192 diapers for $169.

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

ive used both and still use assurance every now and then but i prefer attends over the both of them and man if you have to try different free samples from different sites if you have to but out of the two though that you have listed the Depends are my choice while i mainly use assurance but i prefer the depends over them any day of the week though

For some reason I went to the Depends site yesterday...You can print out a coupon on there for $2 off a pack..so that makes them alittle cheaper...I mean I have bought them in the same situation..low cash flow..sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

For some reason I went to the Depends site yesterday...You can print out a coupon on there for $2 off a pack..so that makes them alittle cheaper...I mean I have bought them in the same situation..low cash flow..sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do!

I think you may mean, "Sometimes you gotta doo doo where you gotta do!"

i used to use depends all the time but the cost was awful. plus they changed the fit . the elastic waist band sucks and the tapes are different, along with the plastic backing. i now use assurrance as my main diaper. i can wet 3 times easily with no problem, even after lots of beer. plus the price is right at 8 and change.

Right well now I have tried assurance.. and as bad as anything else may be, I don't think I will ever buy them again.

So far the tapes have failed on 100% of the ones I have worn, I wouldn't be able to keep the things on me if I didn't have a stapler handy.

That and they leak, the only time I haven't leaked on my bed is when I doubled, at which point, I may as well buy a more expensive diaper.