LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question

I am wondering how difficult it is for DL's to go about their daily business of doing routines, since wearing diapers may be sometimes a distraction. I know it is a problem for me, but it seems like it is becoming less and less of an issue as the days go by. I usually act my own age, but I enjoy them a lot. Let me know what everyone's experiences have been with this.

No problem for me I just do what I need to do, the only difference is my underwear is thicker than most other peoples.

No one notices and if they do, I don't care, I'm a little skinny guy and if you look you can see them, but no one ever looks to see what you have on under your clothing.

Go and enjoy yourself, I do!

I know that when I wear to work I am less effective than when not wearing. For me it is a big distraction and I will always tend to touch it, rub the front slightly, etc... Lately it does seem to be less of a distraction, I'm guessing over time it could become routine. but since I don't wear 25/7, only occasionally, I don't think it will ever be a complete routine to me.

A lot depends on how often you wear diapers (24/7, daily, several times a week, a few times a month, etc.) It also depends on how often you wear them out in public as opposed to just at home. I know I was very nervous the first time I wore a diaper under my pants when I went out in public. I drove to a little roadside fruit stand and hoped no one could tell I had a diaper on. No one did. The more I went out with diapers on under my pants, the more comfortable I became with it. When nothing out of the ordinary happens to you when your out in diapers, that is positive reinforcement and you become more at ease each time your out in public amoung people wearing diapers. I am not a daily wearer of diapers and not even a weekly wearer most times. When I do decide to wear a diaper out in public somewhere I usually don't think about it much, unless I'm around town and then I hope I don't run into someone I know (It's happened but they never knew I had a diaper on). I usually wear all day when I go out of town to the malls, drug stores and perhaps a few Medical Supply stores like durring the holiday season when I do my Christmas shopping. It never hinders my ability to do what I need to do and sometimes when I'm shopping I can actually forget sometimes that I have a diaper on. Usually, though, I always know I have a diaper on and that's what makes it enjoyable for me. It's also helpful when shopping for disposable diapers or waterproof pants, especially in a medical supply store. Even though I wear jeans over my diapers, if a clerk asks me if they can help me when I'm shopping for incontinence products I think it helps if they see a bit of bulk under my jeans or a thin strip of plastic out the back of my pants if they look for it. It backs up what I say about my "incontinence" and need for the products I'm buying. I've never worn a diaper to work so I can't say if it would or would not hinder my ability to do my job normally. About all I can say based on 30 years of experience is that the more I wear diapers out in public among people, the more comfortable I've gotten with it. Even though I know I have a wet diaper on, I have become comfortable enough that it dosn't affect me or hinder what I'm doing in normal situations. If I started leaking, split my pants so that my diaper showed, got noticed by someone or had someone ask me if I was wearing a diaper, then I'm sure I would become flusterd and get out of my comfort zone which would affect the way I might do what I needed to do until I could either change my diaper, put on some new untorn pants or get away from the people who asked me if I was wearing a diaper. I think the old addage that "Practice Makes Perfect" applies to most people who wear diapers out in public and want to be as descrete as possible.

Unless you are wearing a big bulky cloth diaper and rubber pants, no one will know unless you want them to know. I wear a disposable everyday to work or where ever I go. With the new cloth like outer layer, they make very little noise. Of course, if I have not planned well and over wet to the point of leaking, that can be a problem. But, if you act normal and not bring attention to yourself, no one will pay attention.

Get out there and enjoy yourself!

Ricky

Well, "daily business" is gonna depend on the individual. I don't wear to work (I tried wearing pull-ups once for 3-4 months, and may try again), but do wear at night, and 24/7 from Friday night through Monday morning. This hasn't been a problem, as I live alone and am not generally around other people long enough for me to need a change. It hasn't happened in a while, but I have no problem stopping at a gas station, at the mens room at the mall, etc., for a change. I've been wearing and using adult diapers for ~10 years, and my bladder capacity has dropped somewhat as a result. So instead of diapers being a distraction, when I'm in a store without a public bathroom and need to go, they're actually a welcome addition. :)

I wouldn't go away from the house wearing diapers. It's too risky if you're in an accident while driving. I have, however, worn them while painting the house, washing and waxing the car, and mowing the lawn. (Under my clothes, though).

Have to agree. The more and more you wear diapers during your normal routine, the less they become a distraction for you while you do the things you have to do. The first few times as you are paranoid about people finding out that you are wearing things are distracting, but after that, it becomes pretty normal. Have fun, go out, and enjoy your diapers!

WELL. They alter my pesronality. I dont wear them all the time... and rarely in public. When i'm in them I act extremely childish... and when i'm in them in public I get really really shy. I like it that way though. I wouldn't want to act how i usually do in a diaper.

-Sophie

I'm more of an AB then a DL... I don't wear 24/7. But when I do wear my baby side comes out....I would consider that a distraction. :P

this is why i try and wear them when i am at home and no one else is well as of late i have been acting more of either an Adult Baby or Adult Kid though

this is why i try and wear them when i am at home and no one else is well as of late i have been acting more of either an Adult Baby or Adult Kid though

I only wear when I'm with Mommy.

Hey aarondiaperboy, did you say something? I didn't hear you the first two times! :roflmao::roflmao:

seriously, I wear to work quite a lot. I ought to be distracted more...I pee, then work, then pee again without really thinking about it, then I realize...oops...I've leaked! :badmood:

I wouldn't go away from the house wearing diapers. It's too risky if you're in an accident while driving. I have, however, worn them while painting the house, washing and waxing the car, and mowing the lawn. (Under my clothes, though).

Boy am I glad that I'm incontinent and have a "excuse", then again it's not like I haven't been to the hospital during a emergency and have my diapers discovered..the first thing they said "Are you one of those weird Adult Babys I have seen on TV?" Seriously :P Risky?