LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ab/dl + Adhd?

I've often been curious if there might be a connection between the two, (AB/DL being a side effect) obviously.

I've been diagnosed with ADD once as a child, once as an adult.. One thing I've learned is that ADD children/adults have a hard time coping with some situations and tend to reach for security things. I've bumped into more than a few DL and ABDL people who are known ADD.

The shoe fits! ADD kids = sometimes rough childhood, bed wetting, need for attention... Man I have a strong feeling there is a connection (not always) but enough to notice.

Anyone else ADD/ADHD?

I've often been curious if there might be a connection between the two, (AB/DL being a side effect) obviously.

I've been diagnosed with ADD once as a child, once as an adult.. One thing I've learned is that ADD children/adults have a hard time coping with some situations and tend to reach for security things. I've bumped into more than a few DL and ABDL people who are known ADD.

The shoe fits! ADD kids = sometimes rough childhood, bed wetting, need for attention... Man I have a strong feeling there is a connection (not always) but enough to notice.

Anyone else ADD/ADHD?

Raises hand!

DX ADHD as a child and bedwetting was listed as one of the main symptoms.

As an adult I've developed good methods of staying on track.

*huggies* baby eddie

Medically diagnosed at age 39ish ... have a hard time remembering exactly...i was prolly too distracted to remember ;)...Self diagnosed much earlier

i take 60 mg's of strattera daily....my focus skills and strategies have improved greatly............i've always had a very successful career, but a change in job expectations..more responsibility and a new D/s relationship gave me cause to question my need for help coping with the ADD...also my career has also provided me with much education on the topic...i decided to seek out professional help.......i've even considered working with an ADD Coach or Mentor...but have not taken that step...as at this point and time my own desire and strategies along with my Daddy's assistance has brought me to where i want to be...

i was not a bedwetter...no drug addictions...and i spent all my efforts in childhood doing my best to be invisible and to fit in...so basically i developed some serious coping skills very early on ;)...

have read a lot ...and attended a number of trainings on the topic of ADD....so i can talk about it for miles and miles of post;)

btw...if you do a DD search...i think this same question has been asked before...

I was born in 1957. I was one of the first kids to take Ritalin. I had a rough time paying attention in school. The drug was a good thing for me. I now have an engineering degree. ADD and ADHD can be dealt with.

Anyone else ADD/ADHD?

Hi,

I was diagnosed with F 90.0, ADS in hypoactive form two years ago. My psychologist that, that wetting is a common side effect.

Girls are usally dreaming princesseand it reaches way back into my school age.

Babygirl Kvetinka

PS: I am taking Strattera

i'm pretty sure we had a poll about this quite awhile back

Possibly, but this would be better dealt with in a general AB/DL survey. An AB/DL+ADHD poll will, as expected, get a high number of responses with ADHD. This is because those with ADHD will be more likely to take the poll. The poll might still show some commonalities among AB/DLs with ADHD. However, it wouldn't be able to show that a lot of AB/DLs have ADHD. This sampling bias would be less of a factor in a general AB/DL survey, where questions on ADHD were not given such a high profile.

Of course, every survey has a sampling bias that needs to be compensated for. For example, only living AB/DLs can complete online surveys. Thus, 100% of AB/DLs surveyed will be alive. Clearly, this doesn't mean that AB/DLs are immortal.

I have to admit to being partial to a particular series of ongoing general AB/DL surveys, although there have been a number of other great surveys.

Excellent post! One that bears further scrutiny. While ADD or ADHD syndromes are still relatively new to the psychoanalytic field, this could be another key to unlocking our personal mysteries. These conditions were virtually unknown in my day. Parents just passed it off as a child "hard to handle". A good spanking (and possible diapering and/or petticoating) was due after an episode and that was that.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

I am ADHD and I am also Asperger's, but I doubt that is why I am AB. Plus, over the years, I've learned to control the Asperger's a bit, and keep the obsesssive behaviors somewhat in check due to the fact I have no desire to lose what I have earned in the past few years of working hard, and rebuilding my life from the ground up.

Maybe there is something to it, cause I have met a few other ABs who are ADHD/ADD and Asperger's as well.

BabyChris121675

Maybe there is something to it, cause I have met a few other ABs who are ADHD/ADD and Asperger's as well.

BabyChris121675

I am glad you mentioned Asperger's. I was starting to think about AB's and Asperger's. Although, Asperger's is more clearly understood today then earlier, I often wondered if I have Asperger's (Not to diagonose myself). I often feel out of place and the deffinition of ADHD doesn't fit for me. Like someone mentioned earlier, I too have learned to try and cope with the situation and some of that I wonder is it truly coping? or is it the supposedly normal way of life. I am definatly comfortable with my diapered life now.

Was diagnosed with ADD while I was in High School, and my brother has ADHD, it runs in our family. I dont take any medication for it, we both have controlled it through diet (watched sugar intake, artifical colorings and additives, etc) and mental discipline. Was a bedwetter through my pre-teen and early teenage years too.

I doubt that it has any direct ties to the ABDL world, but it would be interesting to do an actual clinical study and see if there was a tie. Polls like this do tend to draw people to respond that are ADD or ADHD, as was noted by BitterGrey, but that doesnt prove anything one way or another. I would be a little skeptical at first given how often ADD and ADHD is diagnosed now, especially in kids. I think there is some degree of kids getting diagnosed when they are just being high-energy kids. That may tend to skew the data just a little bit.

Anyway, interesting thread!

Bias warning: I am a clinical psychology (abnormal/addictions) student, so expect what I say to be skewed or possibly incredibly boring. :)

The history part of this goes that I was diagnosed with AD/HD before the DSM split it into 'predominantly' and 'mixed' types, if I recall correctly, and they threw me on Ritalin. I was 13. It basically did what you would expect roughly-pharmaceutical-grade speed to do to people with AD/HD, and after about 1.5 weeks, I refused to touch it ever again (for various reasons, if you want more depth you can message me :). At that point, I worked on changing my own behaviours and thoughts about the syndrome, and it's worked beautifully for me ever since then. I am nearly 24 now.

As for the response to the thread, I personally can't think of a single incidence in which my AD/HD had any causal link with my AB/DL activity, nor can I even really imagine it. Certainly it is a stress-relieving activity, but I would say that almost all the stress in my life comes from things other than AD/HD - in fact, I have very few issues with managing my AD/HD symptoms nowadays. The closest I can come at all is that for me, wearing diapers is something I enjoy, and as such it is an activity that I perform with no particularly noticeable correlation to the symptoms of AD/HD.

I also think as fun as it would be to draw conclusions, we don't have nearly enough data to suggest it, nor any of a formal, academic nature that has been subjected to the same scientific rigour as that on AD/HD itself. However, if a formal study is being done - sign me up, and I'll help in whatever way I can! :)

Sorry for the bad spelling

Medically diagnosed at age 34 had an hard child/teen years ,do to teasing of my , do to my diganose

have as loong i can rember had an kinda BDSM thing in my as an subbmisve , tested diapers 1 time 6 years ago when i was 30 , im 36 now , My doc knows and my therapist knows i like diapers ,wel i have spent lot houers at my therapist to get out of thinking dipers and wearing them, But i have now given in , its an part of my , stil trying to balnce it , but at least im now taring to acept who i am and that i have to be in them ,, wel i could write lot of abot thise , but its late Here in Norway and my english spelling its not so good , but il be around

im going to my therphits and myPshyco, tohmorow , and diapers ans acepting them is on the agenda

its stil comfusing to think how to adjust beeing diaperd most of the time couse think i may land there

and i Have my owen litel company with 3 employes i dont want them to now , my company its an pelsure bota yard Marina .with a lot of customers , il take all the good advices i can get ?

1 of the employed its my real fater , my doc says if any ask abot im diaperd say i have incon probes , but that wel im not there yaet that i can say that to peepol i now good friendes etc,

love janus norway

post-11118-1207693992_thumb.jpg

post-11118-1207693992_thumb.jpg

I've found the ABDL community really runs the gambit. I'm extremely anti-ADD, for example.

When I taught and managed at a taekwondo do-jang in Franklin TN, I had a number of parents bringing their ADHD or ADD children in to sign up on the advice of their therapist. They were tired of the drug prescriptions, the effect they had on their kids and were looking for an alternative. One kid, in particular, was a real case. I told Master Hong, that I didn't think I could teach this child. He told me, "If you can teach him, you can teach anyone." The boy was disruptive in class and throw up his arms and say, "Oh great!" whenever asked to perform any of the commands I gave to the class. But, little by little, he started to come around. Thanks to his parents' diligence in bringing him to class and I guess, from my insistance on discipline. I hope Garret is doing well these days. He ought to be about college age, by now. And I hope the lessons he learned from me and the other instructors at "Hong's Taekwondo Academy", have served him well.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

• 7 months later...

I don't wish to dismiss the ADD/ADHD diagnosis wholesale but I think that when an eight year old has the attention span of a child it is quite normal.

I had a shrink that put me on anti-psychotics for gods sake :angry: . I am neurotic but I am connected to reality! I quit all four mood altering drugs that I was prescribed, and the visits to the shrink(s) and I feel the better for it!

Anondl

I'd lean more torwardfs victims of abuse more than I would add or adhd. I am not remotely add or adhd so I buck the rule here ut I don't disagree with abdl being a coping mechanism for the condition, however, may be nothing more than coincidental.

Personal belief is that only 1 out of every 10 kids diagnosed actually are add. Seems like bullshit the schools use to not have to do their job.

As I previously mentioned, I was one of the first kids to take Ritalin.

I believe that the medication helpped but my parents discovered the ulitimate cure for ADD (It wasn't called ADD in the 60s). It is called "whup ass"! I had trouble concentrating until my ass got beaten black and blue. Fear was the ulitimate cure. By today's standards, I was an abused child! I was so abused that I was able to go out and make a living!

Today we live in a nation of pussies. America is now a cesspool of liberalism. If a parent does what is necessary, the child protection jerk-offs will be all over you!

Stop crying victim and start living. If forced to deal with ADD, you will find your own ways to cope with your problem.

I still am a slow learner. I still have trouble reading. I still have trouble concentrating but I make myself do it.

Now I am an old, big, ugly, highly opinionated conservative, bedwetting son-of-a-bitch!

Anyone else ADD/ADHD?

I'd say its a mixture of things. I wasn't abused as such. Me and a friend went off with a guy when we were younger and too stupid to know better he was grooming us and he touched in places if you know what I mean but I was fully clothed. Searched his house and he was a pedo! But it wasn't as bad as what some people have been through.

Another thing ever since I've been born my mum is alcoholic every single night she's drunk, she's also anorexic doesn't eat hardly anything! I don't ever remember her being normal. She name called me etc coz she was drunk. I moved out in the end with my bf! Maybe that contributes! ALthough my dad is normal I'm closer to dad than I am my mum.

Also the fact that I wasn't wiping my own bum til I was about 7 lol! Dno why I just didn't like doing it! Also I ate baby food til I was 5 mum couldn't get me off it.

So it could be for me, a mixture of all of that. I really don't know.

As I previously mentioned, I was one of the first kids to take Ritalin.

I believe that the medication helpped but my parents discovered the ulitimate cure for ADD (It wasn't called ADD in the 60s). It is called "whup ass"! I had trouble concentrating until my ass got beaten black and blue. Fear was the ulitimate cure. By today's standards, I was an abused child! I was so abused that I was able to go out and make a living!

Today we live in a nation of pussies. America is now a cesspool of liberalism. If a parent does what is necessary, the child protection jerk-offs will be all over you!

Stop crying victim and start living. If forced to deal with ADD, you will find your own ways to cope with your problem.

I still am a slow learner. I still have trouble reading. I still have trouble concentrating but I make myself do it.

Now I am an old, big, ugly, highly opinionated conservative, bedwetting son-of-a-bitch!

I may not agree with your politics,but I'll readily agree with you on this one. We ARE a nation of pussies and it sickens me to no end.

As I said before in this thread, I think this is a really interesting line of conversation. I don't think that there is a direct relation between ADD/ADHD and AB/DL activity. I think its more of a fact that since ADD/ADHD came on the scene in the 1960's, teachers, parents, doctors, and counselors have used it to explain off normal childhood behaviors. I think ADD is way overdiagnosed. The simple answer is that there's no discipline in the families nowadays. I won't lie, I was scared stiff of my Dad growing up, because I knew that if I stepped too far out of line, my arse would get beat. Was never abused, just disciplined. I like to think that I grew up fairly normal (even if I have a diaper/spanking fetish now). On the other hand, most parents now refuse to discipline their kids because they think its abuse, or because they are afraid they will be accused of abuse.

I'm honestly a believer in the ancient line "Spare the rod, spoil the child." We've become a nation of excuses. If a kid acts up, its not because of lack of discipline, its because some kind of disorder is causing him to act crazy. Not that there arn't truly kids out there who have ADHD....I'm just saying that there are alot of kids who are diagnosed that way who aren't.