LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hotel/motel

I stay in the same hotels quite a bit. I have never had any issues. I keep plastic grocery sacks in my overnight bag. In the morning I just seal up my wet diaper, gather all of my trash, put everything in one can and tie up the bag from the trash can.

I work in the industry and have traveled a lot. I have never seen a place charge extra for children, and only Motel 6 charges for a 2nd adult. I ran into one incident where I was dropping a friend off at the Greyhound station and was staying in a motel myself. We had a couple of hours before he needed to be at the depot. Neither one of us had a lot of cash so we went back to my room to watch tv until he had to go. a security guard confronted me that I bought a single room and I would have to pay for the second adult. I said he was only visiting and was gone in an hour. He said he would be watching when I came back and if I wasn't alone I would be charged (2nd adult was $5 more so who really cares) as we were leaving he he made some comment about not wanting us "faggots" there at all. Only time in my life I felt compelled to write to the president of a company to voice my complaint. I got a voucher for a free night and an apology.

I know this is an old thread ad probably irrelevant but I would talk to a manager and find out why the clerk kept pressing the issue, they loyalty of a business traveler is like gold to a chain.

• Like 1

I do not understand why this was an issue because most room rates are based on double occupancy.

I travel for work quite a bit, and tonight I checked into my hotel in Ann Arbor, MI, which I have stayed at once before.. Everything was normal until the clerk asked me "how many people" I say "one" and then he asks "are you sure, no kids with you?" no, just me. I hand him my CC and before he runs it agian he asks "you're sure you don't have any kids or babies with you?" again i say "yes I'm sure".. I get my papers and key, and then as I go to leave he says "Ma'am, If we find out that you have extra guests stay in your room, we will charge you the difference.."......WTF??

I am very carefull with my diapers in public places. In hotels I always throw them in an outside can far away from my room.. I leave my wipes in the bathroom trash, and I am kinda messy with the powder, but to the best of my knowledge I did'nt leave a big pile of messy Pampers on the bed.. So what the hell???

Anyway I can't sleep now, I've used 1, but I can't let it out of my sight. Has this happened to anyone else?????

Gosh, not to throw this off topic but I've never heard of anyone nor have I ever left a tip for the maids at a hotel/motel. Did it when I was on a cruise though before which is kind of like a hotel I guess. Never thought of it but I suppose, it is a service industry.

Anyway, for me, I've left diapers wrapped in plastic bags in the trash and never heard a word. I'm sure the maids have seen it all and don't bother strewing through the trash to see what a persons has been up to or if they wore a diaper and is it adult or baby.

Never had a single room though either in a hotel. I've stayed in a few dives but nothing where anyone made me feel uncomfortable for staying there. If the place is sooo worried about 2 people in a single or have hourly rates, it's definately not a place I think I'd have even concidered to begin with. They're probably always dealing with people trying to scam them so they are accusatory towards everyone. Anyway, what was this place the op stayed in, a 1 star motel?

I travel a lot as well. I have never been asked anything such as you were. I would have to ask why I was being quizzed. I don’t leave used diapers in the room, and while someone could easily find a diaper or other items in my luggage, they aren’t supposed to be looking in there.

I do stay in many of the same motels, (large chains) carry a mattress pad of my own, which I store before leaving the room, and have always considered it my place to dispose of a used diaper. I do at times have other co-workers at the same motels, and believe discretion is the best idea.

I have to wonder if the clerk mistook you for another guest, or just thought it was odd you were traveling alone. I can’t imagine a motel keeping notes on which guests had diapers in their trash.

I understand this was part of check-in and as such needed info. But if I were a young woman, traveling alone, I would be VERY concerned about anyone wanting too much information about me. Should it happen again, I would inquire as to why I was being asked, and absent a good logical answer I would quickly run up the chain of command until I got my answer, or my pound of flesh.

I understand this was part of check-in and as such needed info. But if I were a young woman, traveling alone, I would be VERY concerned about anyone wanting too much information about me. Should it happen again, I would inquire as to why I was being asked, and absent a good logical answer I would quickly run up the chain of command until I got my answer, or my pound of flesh.

I'm kind of thinking this place wasn't that great of a hotel and they really probably don't give two poohs about what you think. There's plenty of motels that just don't care and you might as well be talking to yourself. The only thing that gets people to come there is the cheap price. People will put up with a lot of "stuff" for the right price. A friend once told me of a bad experience in this cheap hotel where he whined to the front desk about a chair being broke and a disgusting bathroom and they basically told him "yeah, this ain't the Hilton, you paid $29 for the room, you got a $29 room, want something better, go somewhere else". I kind of agreed with the hotel owner in a way. He knew it was a dive thus the cheap price. Don't expect a 5 star hotel for a 1 star price. If you were treated bad, don't go back, it's really the only way to "punish" a company, not giving them business. You're wasting your breath otherwise especially if it's a privately owned motel/hotel. The guy pissing you off may just be the highest in command. Just my thoughts.

Gosh, not to throw this off topic but I've never heard of anyone nor have I ever left a tip for the maids at a hotel/motel. Did it when I was on a cruise though before which is kind of like a hotel I guess.

I always tip the maid as I have many friends who have worked in this field and know how hard they work for such little money, and the messes people leave, forgetting its a human being who has to clean it up.

When we stay an extended time in a hotel (especially on our 9 night disney vacations) we will tip every other day (as we only ask for our room to be cleaned every other or every third day) then when we check out we leave a large tip.

However we always tie up our diapers in a non-see through bag, and if we are staying 3 or more nights we will take out trash out anyway. Our wipes are always tied up in the diaper bag, and when we leave the room for the day we put any AB related items, along with any other items we don't want people seeing (sex toys, lubricant etc..) away in our suitcase which is usually in the closet.

Working in a cleaning job myself, i also tend to straighten up furniture, my toiletry items on the sink, try to straighten the bed out a little.

I have never had a hotel give me any problems, even when we say there are only two of us staying in the room and then we have 5 or 6 people cram in there.

Be very careful on terms. When they say a rate is based on double occupancy (usually cruise ships and tours), they are meaning that the price quoted is the amount PER PERSON assuming TWO people will be travelling. You travel by yourself, you pay a SINGLE SUPPLEMENT to make up the difference your travel partner would contribute to the shared rooms.

• 4 years later...

Not a record, I have seen them bump a thread from 2006 lately. And while the post clearly said in European Countries, I have stayed in B&B's that didn't have a private bath, which to overseas they equate to a hotel on some level. :P

Last February we were in Mexico for a week at a resort. I put my disposables in bags and didn't have an issue. The awkward part came on valentines day. Our room had been cleaned for the day so I left my puffy and pacifier on the bed while we had a candle light dinner on the beach. What we didn't know because we did that they came in and did a special turn down service. I can back to see puffy tucked in with his head on the pillow beside my pacifier. I was glad we were leaving the next day.

I travel to Houston pretty frequently for 1-2 weeks at a time. I always stay at the same hotel and the maids do know of my bedwetting/diapers. My first time staying there I arrived to the hotel late at night and ordered room service as soon as I got to my room. I'm unpacking all of my clothes and had 4-5 Abena M4's sitting on top of the desk and a maid knocks on my door with my food. I expected them to just hand me my food at the door but instead she walks in to set it down on the desk and obviously saw my diapers just sitting there. She was pretty embarrassed at seeing the diapers and I am beet red as I clear away my supplies for her to set the food down.

• 2 weeks later...

I've worked in a big hotel chain for quite some time. At my hotel, the rate does go up when there are more than two adults, but I've never seen it go up for children. As far as the diapers are concerned, I don't hear about it much from the desk clerks. Mostly because minimally, it's in very bad taste. At worst, it can get a clerk fired, especially a high value guest. I gear about diapers from housekeeping once in a great while, only because the room was an absolute mess.

In the OP's case, I would have contacted the general manager or manager on duty upon checkout if possible, or find out how to get a hold of the GM and let them know what happened.