LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Running In Diapers

Peed_Piper

Hey Folks, I sometimes go away on trips and choose to go diapered for the trip. I also run. So far I have never crossed the two, running while diapered. Any suggestions on diapers or techniques? I only run/jog 3-4 miles. I may be running with others so lower profile is better most of the time but am open to all suggestions. On the road I am always on the disposable track. When on the road, if diapered I usually have a disposable, pair of cotton briefs over that for noise and perhaps extra absorbancy if needed and a pair of kins vinyl pants. I figure runnning I would not worry about leaks as much and lose the plastic pants. Thoughts from the community? P_P

Hey Folks, I sometimes go away on trips and choose to go diapered for the trip. I also run. So far I have never crossed the two, running while diapered. Any suggestions on diapers or techniques? I only run/jog 3-4 miles. I may be running with others so lower profile is better most of the time but am open to all suggestions. On the road I am always on the disposable track. When on the road, if diapered I usually have a disposable, pair of cotton briefs over that for noise and perhaps extra absorbancy if needed and a pair of kins vinyl pants. I figure runnning I would not worry about leaks as much and lose the plastic pants. Thoughts from the community? P_P

I know from experience that hiking w/diapers on doesn't work. I've tried Attends/Secure Plus/Molicare(these seem to be best) Abri-X(DON'T even try these!)and I still end up with the rubs. There's this stuff that's kinda like anti-persperant called "Bodyglide" (you can't find it in sporting goods stores) that helps a bit but I personally still end up with a rash. Kinda fun for a bit, but the price (of the blisters) is too high for me...

Just a thought, but would pull on disposable underwear chafe and rub as much as an actual disposable diaper? Narrower crotch that you might be able to tuck up between your legs better. It might be a good compromise and allow you to be able to wet and run without the rubbing and chafing of an actual disposable diaper. By the way, the best thing I've ever found to heal the rubbing from a diaper or anything that chafes the inside of your thieghs is a product called "Sween Cream". It starts feeling better as soon as you put it on and by the next day you are fine!

Just a thought, but would pull on disposable underwear chafe and rub as much as an actual disposable diaper? Narrower crotch that you might be able to tuck up between your legs better. It might be a good compromise and allow you to be able to wet and run without the rubbing and chafing of an actual disposable diaper. By the way, the best thing I've ever found to heal the rubbing from a diaper or anything that chafes the inside of your thieghs is a product called "Sween Cream". It starts feeling better as soon as you put it on and by the next day you are fine!

My experience has been the opposite. I've worn diapers and Pull On underwear playing golf. In both cases I'm prone to chafe (enough that I don't do it any more- at least very often), but I've found the Pull On Underwear is worse than a disposable diaper.

Being a keen runner myself and someone who wears nappies at night and sometimes for pleasure during the day - there's no way on this earth that I'd even consider wearing a nappy and going running.

I know a few runners who suffer with bladder problems and they dont use either - lets face it....you run....you sweat - so whats a little drop or two of pee going to matter - when I've been running the only thing left dry on me is my sense of humour :)

Body-Glide is excellent to stop chafing but I'd not waste it on a nappy at the price it comes out at....I normally use plenty of vaseline when I run to prevent nipple rash and chafing, only using body-glide if its either a new top I dont want to stain with vaseline or if its a short run - vaseline works far better on longer runs.

Anyway - bottom line for me - nappies + running = no-no!

Dynamick

Just try it and see. I sometimes wear diapers while mountain biking, and I've never had problems with the diaper rubbing or falling apart. I've used both cheap and expensive disposables, cloth and plastic covered, and plastic pants. None of them has caused any problems for me. It's kind of nice having the extra padding.

That said, I have fairly tough skin (I never have any trouble with diaper rash) and mountain biking probably doesn't cause the same kind of repetitive rubbing that jogging does.

By the way, the best thing I've ever found to heal the rubbing from a diaper or anything that chafes the inside of your thieghs is a product called "Sween Cream". It starts feeling better as soon as you put it on and by the next day you are fine!

I'll second that, I found Sween Cream several years ago at a local medical supply store, and found that it works wonders. I think it's got some vitamin E in it or something...

I don't run, well can't run I have a bad leg but I do walk everyday, I walk 4 miles a day, and I have no problems walking while diapered and useing plastic pants, over a diaposeable, I had problems with tapes poping on quality and cheapie diapers but a small peice of duct tape over each of the tapes, takes care of that.

There is no place to stop and pee if I need to, so after drinking alot of water the diaper comes in handy, I also wear a 7mm full wetsuit, in very cold conditions, and a 3mm shortie for warmer conditions, these make one hell of a onsie....

It almost goes without saying, but do a tryout on your own to see how your arrangement goes....I walk two miles at a time in a diaper, but won't hike...diaper goes on when I get back from hiking, I'm generally soaked everywhere except around the middle after hiking.

Dill Pickle

I wish that the runners who decide to urinate, just before the start of a major marathon, (such as Boston, Chicago, or Honolulu) while all the runners are massed together at the start line, awaiting the sound of the opening gun, would wear a diaper.

It never fails me. I will be waiting with thousands of others for the start of a marathon, and inevitably, some runner who failed to plan properly and urinate at one of the Port-a-Potties prior to the commencement of the race, will crouch down on his haunches, and take a pee on the pavement. Usually, his stream of urine seems to always have its aim on my running shoes. Not much I can do evade the stream, as all of the runners are elbow to elbow at the start line.

I've run 20 full marathons to date, and I say that (easily) 15 of them have seen me stationed next to starting line urinators.

Just a thought I had. I bought a pack of Abri-Flex special, and the only place I could find them is at KCK Medical (www.kckmedical.com) These diapers are the pull up style and have long leg sections that look like a boxer-brief. They are amazing for people who will be very active. I wear them sometimes at work, which involves climbing into small areas, up ladders and walking around a lot. With all this range of motion, a normal pull-up will instantly bunch up and leaks will occur. Though I dont NEED to wear them, I really enjoy wearing the diapers at work every now and then, and these are the best I have found. When not at work, I enjoy the crinkle and bulk of the Abri-form X-Plus, but that is just for sitting around and enjoying, not for strenuous aactivity. One other benefit of the Abri-form Special is that they hold more than any other pull-up I have found. I hope this helps!!

I have worn depends refastenable underwear (or similar) for working out and jogging before. They don't break up or clump. After getting a friction rash I decided it's just easier go without a diaper and just 'let it go'. Most jogging shorts are thin and don't absorb water anyway so your pee will just run out without leaving any noticeable marks - especially if they're black.

Also, if I'm only jogging 3-4 miles I generally don't need to pee during that time, but that's just me.

I normally don't have trouble running, as long as my diaper's clean, and the guards are rested in my crotch (folds?) so not to cause any discomfort. I also wear undies, and normal clothes (I wear cargo pants and tshirt, normally) over that.

I always wet my diaper before I leave the house, and then it just gets wetter along the way, I always stop at the halfway point, and let nature take it's course, because I drink large amouts of liquids, all day long, it's that or be uncomfortable walking, with a full bladder.

I've not really run too far in diapers. Tried them on a treadmill at home without too much luck. I'm a marathoner so I tend to run 18 miles or so at a time. I have however packed a diaper and wind pants in my camelback (napsack water carrier). I tend to like to run point-to-point along the subway lines, so I'll frequently change into the diaper AFTER running before finding something to eat and heading back to whereever I left my car.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone running in diapers a few times. My course varies between 4 and 6 miles. I've never had a problem with chafing, but found that certain brands have a tendency to fall down! (I forget if I was wearing a brief over top or not.) My everyday diaper is the Wal-Mart Assurance brand, which works well enough. But I tried the Attends w/Waistband twice, and found myself always tugging them up! And while I haven't been running in over a year, found that physical activity of any kind is hard on the leak guards...at least for the cheaper brands.