LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Are Your Spending Habits?

I can't remember the last time I have been without my nappies. I always get a little anxious when I'm starting to run out so I'm always searching the internet for deals on incontinence pads to replenish my stock and to see what other brands I fancy trying. One thing I have learned is this is one hell of a expensive fetish.

My favorite brand of nappies are the Tena Slip Super which I tend to purchase two boxes a month (6 packs of 28) which comes to £113 ($220) including delivery. How much would the equivalent cost over in the States? Do you tend to spend more when your feeling horny?

I just did a quick check on one site www.hdis.com , and 1 case of tena flex supers here in the states costs 74.99. there are 84 diapers in the case. So 168 diapers will cost 150 USD. It would appear then that diapers/nappies are more expensive for you (more taxes perhaps?).

The prices also depend, usually, on what size you wear. for example, at HDIS again, a case of 96 Attends W/ waistband will cost 66.65 for mediums and a case of 96 larges will cost 94.65 so the difference there is pretty remarkable (glad that I wear mediums!)

anyway there are a couple of examples. Hope this kind of answers you question

Wow you guys ARE expensive. You gotta hookup with someone on the inside who's gonna be on YOUR side. :)

Back in WA I paid $75.20USD/case of Tena Classic Plus. That's 96 diapers. A case lasts me just under a month, and I wear 24/7. My changing schedule is never static, though. Some days I'll be well-hydrated and hafta change like 5 times. Other days I only have to change maybe twice before I'm going back to bed again.

HDIS is expensive. Almost too expensive. Try GulfSouth Medical Supply -- (800) 347 2456 or gsms.com. Co is in Missouri, I think, and a warehouse is in Orl, which is why I chose them. Customer Service will assume you're a business (Most of their sales are B2B), just tell them it's a caregiver order and that you don't have an acct. They'll still accommodate you.

I now pay $44.somethingUSD per case, delivered. At $30bucks saved per month, that's worth looking into. I can't say whether or not they're AB aware or friendly, but I tend to keep it all business -- They've just got a job to do, and I just want their product. I do not know what kinda selection they have, though. I'm fairly certain they don't carry Bambinos or any other not-for-medical diaper.

I go to thrift stores and by diapers and I also buy diapers from other ABs in the area who buy them in thrift stores too. Sometimes they are given to me and I love it.

Just back from usa - but only with one bag of Depends ;P Couldnt fit anything else in 2 cases! (Had: nice fluffy blue/clouds sleeper from Meijers, 33 DVD's new NAS RAID_1 HD, extra external 500gb HD, wifi music player, clothes, gadgets and more dvd's ;)

I enjoyed some Attends no10 whilst out there, but got the classics by mistake - no leak guards! OK when doubled up thou.

Diapers are cheap out there, its just making room in your bag thats hard :)

DP

Not sure what price would be after P&P but was looking at this site myself for tena slips.

click here

But I changed my mind in the end and went for Tender Nights instead as never tried them and where a lot cheaper.

click here

They came this morning but not tried them yet to see what they are like.

. One thing I have learned is this is one hell of a expensive fetish.

For that cost of one month you could get enough cloth diapers and plastic pants to last you a couple years. Add the numbers and then think about the savings. Is your time worth that much to simply have the convenience to throw your diapers (money) away? You do laundry anyway, so what's another load or two a week? And finally, when you do wear a diaper out, it makes the best cleaning rag or car polishing cloth.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

For that cost of one month you could get enough cloth diapers and plastic pants to last you a couple years. Add the numbers and then think about the savings. Is your time worth that much to simply have the convenience to throw your diapers (money) away? You do laundry anyway, so what's another load or two a week? And finally, when you do wear a diaper out, it makes the best cleaning rag or car polishing cloth.

Yes, used cloth diapers do make great polishing cloths for cars! I always joke that using disposables is like throwing money down the toilet :roflmao: In my case, though, I do wear disposables because I don't have a secure way of washing cloth diapers with my family situation. I also wear only a couple times a week and have found a salvage place that has AT-EASE disposable diapers for $4.50 a package of 12. If I wore a lot more often and had my own place, then I would probably go with cloth.

Cloth diapers are for poo poo! Not for your car's paint! The tiny fabres that make up the thread to sew the diaper together are made from Plastic and can and WILL scratch the surface of your car's paint, resulting in swirl-marks and dullness that often requires heavier detail work to fix. If you ask me (a detailing aficionado) don't use cloth diapers on your ride! Keep them on bottoms!

That's not to say that they don't work fabulous, because they do. But the damage they do to paint isn't worth it. Although I suppose I'm the only one here who turns out for concours events?

Like babylin says, $225 would get you a GREAT start to a cache of cloth diapers. If I could afford to drop that much at one time on diapers, I would have done it long ago. One thing to consider, though, is the condition of your washer and dryer. As it stands right now, ours sound like they're about to take flight every time we run a load, and the dryer has some kind of musty smell it gives off, ever so slightly. Needless to say, I don't think they could handle adult cloth diapers at this point in their life, so I'm waiting until we upgrade our appliances. . .

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

While I do Love my Cloth, I couldn't buy two (Adult) diapers and one pair of Plastic pants (including shipping :P) for the price I pay for a month of disposibles. While this argument has been going on for years, I will still add in the enviromental impact of producing both diapers and the pants, My upkeep, the utilities used and I only have one pair of Plastic pants? I think it takes a year worth of money of Disposibles to even get close. Granted as was said we are throwing away money, but at a cheaper price for convienence. I will guarentee that my Molicares are undetectable under my jeans, but if I double diapered with cloth and Plastic pants I wouldn't get half a day of use and everyone would see the sag.

I have been doing this for over 30 years, and as such I can buy baby cloth diapers at $20 a pack of 12, (yeah I'm lucky) but still it takes 6 a change to equal a molicare, and is totally noticable! No thanks! Just for BTW, If I wanted to I could use the Micro wave on Defrost and rewear my disposibles again!..No don't try it! :P

I make my own cloth out of stuff I buy in fabric stores and thrift shops. Enough heavy terry cloth to make five diapers cost me about 55 bucks. All I had to do was cut it and zig zag sew the edges with my machine-took all of ten minutes each to do. An average flannel diaper costs me about five bucks in materials-when purchased as a queen sized top sheet. I could give a rats ass about colors. I got the sewing machine in a goodwill for twenty bucks.

And I also bought a thing called a bag sealer years ago, for 75 bucks used, they go for over four hundred new-does perfect seams in the plastic pants I make out of shower curtains-whatever size and cut I want. If you really want something bad enough-you just get off of your butt and do what you need to. I haven't bought a disposable in years.

Cloth diapers are for poo poo! Not for your car's paint! The tiny fabres that make up the thread to sew the diaper together are made from Plastic and can and WILL scratch the surface of your car's paint, resulting in swirl-marks and dullness that often requires heavier detail work to fix. If you ask me (a detailing aficionado) don't use cloth diapers on your ride! Keep them on bottoms!

Actually only on inferior adult diapers use a Nylon thread (not plastic). Baby diapers always use cotton thread. I detail cars for beyond the concorse, and only a good totally used "baby diaper" is preferred.

When you can buff a black car, view the paint under a street light at night and see only a mirror looking back at you, then tell me how good you are. I started at 16 learning a simple trade from my father, as autobody. I've been doing it longer than you are old, and I still havent mastered it, then again it isn't my profession just a hobby. But I am sought out from around the country through friends and shows about my talent. It is indeed a art! It takes a heck of alot more than a random orbit polisher and a bit of wax.

I still remember when I bought my first three new cars and looked at the paint. My neighbors would watch me wetsand down the car one day old, with 2000 grit sandpaper and thought I lost my mind. That is till the next day..anyway back to the subject! :DB):P

I don't think cloth nappies are my cup of tea. I find plastic pants very uncomfortable because they always seem too tight around the the back of my legs making them chafe. Thats the same with the next size up so I gave up on the idea. The soft crinkly plastic on disposables feels much better which means I can walk wihtout my legs getting sore

I would pay more money for a product I like rather then have to go for second best. All the cheap nappies I have purchased in the past have been useless, they don't give off the same aroma as the premium nappies.