LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Odd Question..what Do You Call Them?

Coming from the UK, I've known them as nappies, not diapers.

However, since getting involved with the AB / DL community on the web, where nearly everyone refers to the them as diapers, I tend now to think "diapers" too.

Am curious - do other UK based DLs find the same?

Guest Sissy  Lil Lucy

Yeah i get that alot too.... I tend to use a nice confussing mix of them both..... though i'm always gona love nappy best!!

giggles

Lucy

I read somewhere that Nappies is short for baby napkin and us north Americans call them diapers because that was the name of the fabric that they were made of have a new name for them,,,,or just an acronym AWCPTPYPOP (a warm comfortable place to put your pee or poo)............I don't think it will catch on though...I could be wrong....any new name for diaper or nappie?

The word "nappies" has a more classy and romanitc sound to it.

Here in America, few pwoplw know what nappies are.

I say both. If I am chatting with someone in the UK, I will use the word "nappies".

Coming from the UK, I've known them as nappies, not diapers.

However, since getting involved with the AB / DL community on the web, where nearly everyone refers to the them as diapers, I tend now to think "diapers" too.

Am curious - do other UK based DLs find the same?

I found the word Nappies a little odd when I first heard it but now I am used to hearing it and it just helps me to know roughly where everyone is based.

My old mommy/babysitter was from the Phillipines and she called my Diapers/Nappies a "Pamper" as a generic term which was kind of cute. Guess it's just what you grow up with and are around.

I read somewhere that Nappies is short for baby napkin and us north Americans call them diapers because that was the name of the fabric that they were made of have a new name for them,,,,or just an acronym AWCPTPYPOP (a warm comfortable place to put your pee or poo)............I don't think it will catch on though...I could be wrong....any new name for diaper or nappie?

I've also heard years ago that "Napkin" is english for diaper. Here in the USA I don't think I would want to wipe my mouth at dinner time with that kind of "napkin"!

I like saying and hearing the word diapers.

Being from the US, although I know what nappies means, it doesn't have the weird internal DL connection that the word diapers does for me.

CDL

I like saying and hearing the word diapers.

Being from the US, although I know what nappies means, it doesn't have the weird internal DL connection that the word diapers does for me.

CDL

Agreed same for me. I get that weird feeling anytime the word "diaper" or "diapers" is said. I never once heard the term nappies until I went on the forums and say everyone in the uk refer to them as such. It will always be known as a diaper to me although I like the different variations of diapers like diapees and diapy etc.

Being English, I also prefer the word 'nappies' although I also use 'diaper' sometimes. There's something about 'nappy' which says 'wet and messy' to me, which I like - although I guess it's just association going back years.

As for etymology, nappy is derived from napkin, and diaper is a type of cloth - in the C19th a 'diaper cloth' was sometimes placed on ballroom floors to stop people slipping and falling over!

I call them diapers.

One of the things I like about the word is that I was taught to pronounce it with three syllables, "DI-a-per"... and when I drop the "a" and pronounce it as if it rhymed with "wiper", it makes me feel a little babyish and regressed. :)