LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Trying to figure out how to best wear diapers during the summer months.

With summer coming up I've been trying to come up with ideas to wear diapers in public when concealing them under layers of clothing isn't really an option.

While thinking about this I had the thought that this might be a good opportunity to become less anxious about the idea of other people noticing my diaper as I'm spending my off-days out and about. Up until now when deciding to wear diapers in public I've put a large emphasis on making sure that they couldn't be seen under any circumstances, such as the top of it showing if I bend over or stretch myself, even going so far as opting for less than ideal clothing just to accommodate the diapers.

The easiest way to start I've come up with is to start wearing large T-shirts which in my mind would still fully conceal the diaper while also providing less of a physical barrier of clothing such as tucked-in shirts or jackets, thus making me more feel more comfortable with wearing when outside. I imagine something like that might also work on a beach with a swim diaper.

The idea is not to flaunt the diaper but to become more comfortable with them possibly showing in some situations and by extension me becoming more comfortable with wearing them. A major reason why I finally decided to get in touch with the ABDL community is that for a while now I have felt that I'm holding myself back from enjoying this aspect of my personality by constantly making it this big secret that absolutely no one but me can ever know about.

So what I want to ask is how others here have handled this situation in the past and what their experience has been. My main concern is that I absolutely can't gauge what other people might react like if they see the diaper. I like to imagine that in the best of situations most people would be too polite to say anything and just continue going about their business which, in my book, would honestly the best case scenario for me. However in a different thread I've voiced my concern about how widely known ABDL has become and whether that alone might trigger someone calling me out on them.

The one exception would be if someone was genuinely interested and decided to talk to me about it in which case I'd consider myself very fortunate.

• Like 3

Unless you are really obvious about it like wearing adult baby clothes, baby print shirts with snap crotch shortalls and a pacifier in your mouth, no one will notice.  Everyone is wrapped up in their own world and last thing they will think is an adult is wearing diapers.  Last August I went on a solo vacation to Gettysburg and was 24/7 from the time I left home early Sunday morning until I got back late Friday afternoon.  I wore Betterdry, Abena L4 and Trest diapers with plastic pants over them and short legged shorts.  I went to Hershey Park one day, all the museums and tourist places among lots of people and no one noticed at all.  I did wear regular t-shirt onesies that kept my diaper in place and not allowing it to show out my pants if I bent down. 

No one will notice and even if they might, they are strangers and they will think you wear them for medical needs.  They would just shrug it off as most people are not AB/DL and wouldn't get turned on at seeing another person in diapers under their clothing.  Even if they did see, they are not likely to come up to you and say something like, "I notice you are wearing diapers.  How come?"  Unless they are friends or people you may know that you run into when out and about, they are strangers you probably won't see again, so who cares if they might notice you have bulky pants or catch a glimpse of your diaper showing out the back of your pants if you bend down in a store or to tie your shoe?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sunfoxx said:

So what I want to ask is how others here have handled this situation in the past and what their experience has been.

I wear thinner Diapers with a booster placed in the front / middle area.

And I Combine that with a Gary Wear Diaper Cover + a Onesie (because this will support your diaper indefinitely regardless of how much you fill it, or how much physical activity you perform), your diaper will not sag or droop, (thus remaining less noticeable to other people.)

Wear bulky shorts or jeans to accommodate the fact that your diaper will get bigger gradually throughout the day.  (This will mainly keep you more comfortable in general, but will also help to conceal your diaper.

And bring along a changing kit inside a small backpack with extra diapers, wipes, creams, etc.

You could even bring a bigger bag with extra pants and shorts and shirts in case you have a diaper leak.

So now that everything is on the table, the most important thing you need is A REALLY GOOD DAYTIME DIAPER.

Ideally you want something that won't leak, but also isn't too thick.

I recommend the Total Dry Overnight.

They're very comfortable, have great leak guards which allow for boosters, and they have a marked landing zone for a perfect and consistent fit every time.

666235134_ScreenShot2024-05-05at1_10_56PM.png.39feeca8bf0740e4be0fb39e5eaec188.png

https://totaldry.com/products/overnight-protection-fitted-briefs

Good Luck!

I can't afford to buy the good ones, I am thinking about trying the Amazon brand.   

Amazon Brand - Solimo Incontinence Underwear for Men and Women, Overnight Absorbency, Small/Medium, 64 Count, 4 Packs of 16, White 

They say overnight , but I think they may be ok, with the good ratings, and about $40 for 64? it's in my price range. and then I wear jeans or shorts in summertime and for jeans I wear suspenders on just about anything I wear, then the shirts will stay tucked in. Now we do live in a mountain community and I am not the only old guy that wear them, I like the 2" wide suspenders . It took a while of trial and a lot of errors with my wife saying your diapers are showing. But I do wear 24/7 so it's an ongoing trial and error . I like ideas from anyone , but I'm on a very low budget. I do try to shop church sales, second hand etc, But the stupid second hand stores think they have gold anymore and try to get $7 for a pack of diapers , that a few years ago I got for $4. That makes to cheaper top buy new , too close $40 for new, and $30 for Goodwill store? That I will just buy the new.  But last year I got some really good deals at the local church indoor yard sales, but that's only once a year. 

Has anyone tried these just to use for a daytime diaper?? I would Love to have input , just for small leakage and then when I have an unexpected flood?

• Like 1

Due to incontinence more than preference I now wear almost all the time - but this is going to be my first summer. No one has, to my knowledge, noticed anything - but winter layers have certainly helped. I guess I'll stick with loose fitting clothing. Maybe I'll get a few onesies??

That's an idea I hadn't considered at all and it's definitely something I'll try. I guess when hearing onesie I was always picturing a very obviously ABDL one that would defeat the purpose of being discreet. 😁

As for high absorbancy diapers I think I've got that covered but thank you anyway. I'm still trying different brands so I might give it a try.

My main point about being noticed:

I'm not from the US and where I live people can be pretty curious, (though usually in a friendly manner) even in major cities. I normally consider this a good thing since it means that people aren't just all just living in parallel universes but it can be troublesome when you do something you don't necessarily want everyone else to know about at a glance.

I'm aware that a large part of the issue is probably that I tend to worry too much about what others might think but that is an issue I'll still be working on for a while. It's something I'm currently in therapy for. Throughout my life I had to deal with far too many people who would make your appearance or preferences their business, whether you liked it or not.

• Like 1

A white onesie will definitely help if you are worried about your diaper poking out if you bend over. Whenever I go out diapered, I always wear a long t-shirt that shouldn't let my diaper peek out. Plus, it should hide any bulging from my diaper.  I generally wear Crinklz Astronaut diapers if I go out diapered as they are pretty quiet,  despite their name. Plus they hold a lot. They start out thin and not really noticeable.  You don't want a noisy diaper that will definitely give itself away as you walk around. 

The crinkling sound of the diaper is actually a concern that I've only heard of and never noticed nor was concerned with myself. Maybe it's because plastic-backed diapers (I hope that's the correct term) are something I only ever heard of or because living in the city produces constant background noise so even if anyone was able to hear anything I doubt anyone would be able to associate it with diapers. I actually just tested it and even I couldn't tell that anything was off.

I've been 24/7 for 5 years, and I generally prefer plastic diapers, although I also have some cloth-backed ones for the gym or to wear under dress clothes etc. In the summer, my uniform of choice for public wearing is a pair of oversized cargo shorts, and then a onesie/diaper shirt/snap-T in a neutral colour - most of mine are black or grey, although I also have white. I gave up on white a while back because you can see a printed diaper through the material. 

Then, I wear a golf shirt or a short-sleeved button up shirt that overhangs, or a large t-shirt, and it's pretty much bulletproof, as far as I can tell. I've worked with buddies on roofing projects or landscaping or fixing cars etc, contorting and bending and climbing and I haven't had to worry about a diaper reveal. 

Around the house I will generally omit the onesie - you can get away without it, unless you're planning to be bending over or squatting, but it adds an extra layer of security in case you have to tie your shoes or whatever. 

Diaper noises sound a lot louder to us than they do to everyone else. I used to think that my diaper echoed when I walked. Now, I pay it no mind. As for what happens when people find out, well, your mileage may vary, but for me, it hasn't been a big deal. I have a couple of good friends that I've travelled with who have seen evidence of my diaper on a couple of confirmed occasions, and we're still buddies, still booking golf trips, still going to the pub every week - they just don't care. 

I've also been in a couple of medical situations where my diaper was briefly, inevitably at least partially visible, and again, they don't care - they've seen worse, or at least similar, a thousand times, and they're professionals. I do confine myself to white ones when I go anywhere medical, just in case.