LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Budget diapers for 24/7 use

For over a year now I've been wearing Tranquility ATNs every night and nearly 24/7. I leak frequently and I want an upgrade but I'm also on disability with other life pressures and money is veeeery tight. I'm curious what others find as a happy medium, it seems like there are potentially options that are double absorbency but not double the cost.

• Like 1

@Babyshroomy If you live in the united states your insurance might be able to pay for better quality diapers.  Which you can get at Northshorecare.com 

Our friend @~Brian~ uses Northshorecare and his insurance pays for his diapers you would just have to contact your insurance company and also Northshorecare as well so they both can connect and see how they can help you get more protected.  Also they can pay for wipes and other essentials.

When Brian can chime in he knows more about this then I do.  As I still have to buy my diapers and I am like 8 hours or so in diapers when I am out of the house.

7 hours ago, Babyshroomy said:

For over a year now I've been wearing Tranquility ATNs every night and nearly 24/7. I leak frequently and I want an upgrade but I'm also on disability with other life pressures and money is veeeery tight. I'm curious what others find as a happy medium, it seems like there are potentially options that are double absorbency but not double the cost.

And by the way @Babyshroomy Welcome to Daily Diapers.  Feel free to join us in Chat Sometime.

I'm quite familiar with the ATN, as they serve as what I would call a fill-in, "short shift" and slim diaper in my wardrobe. They work well under lighter fabrics such as dress pants, athletic pants or gym shorts, because they're not bulky and the plastic is light and quiet under lighter materials, whereas, say, a MegaMax or something like that can be worn relatively discreetly under jeans, but would probably be noticeable under thinner fabrics. 

For me, this question comes down to a classic case of unit cost versus use cost. 

How long do you get out of a single diaper on average, @Babyshroomy

In my experience, an ATN is probably good for a few hours on average - they're better than most of what's available on the shelves in supermarkets or drug stores, but they are still a low-end medical diaper, compared with any of the ABDL products on the market. They are relatively inexpensive, however. I'm in Canada, and here, they're $196 for 96 diapers, or $2.04 CAD each, plus shipping, which is $10 where I am, so call it $2.14 per diaper. 

Many of the products I wear daily, I buy from Rearz, by way of comparison. They have an Incontrol sub-brand that makes the BeDry, which is a white plastic diaper with tapes, that can be had for $120 CAD for 48 - so, $2.50 CAD per diaper, with free shipping in Canada or the US for orders over $75 USD/$100 CAD. However, in my experience, a BeDry will last 2X to 3X as long as an ATN - I can wear a BeDry for 8-10 hours easily, and if I'm wearing it overnight, that might stretch to 18 hours (I don't typically wet a lot overnight). So, in terms of use cost, the BeDry comes in way, way below the ATN - I'd have to wear 4-6 ATN's a day, I'm sure, and I can get away with 2-3 BeDry's, for example. 

And, Rearz and Incontrol frequently run sales. The last Rearz sales was any case for $75 USD$103 CAD, which amounts to about 25% on average - BUT, it also made some of their super diapers the same price as their civilian products. Their Mega Inspire+, for example another white diaper with tapes, is rated to 11,000 ML - which is pure marketing hyperbole, but, regardless of that, they hold A LOT. I can wear Mega Inspire+ for 12-15 hours easily, and I have worn one for 20 hours before, if I have nowhere I need to be and I'm at home base so a leak wouldn't be a catastrophe. One Mega Inspire+ at $2.83, and one BeDry at $2.50 would easily get me through 24 hours, putting my diaper budget at $5.33 CAD per calendar day, versus probably $10-$12 a day if I were trying to get by wearing only ATN's. 

• Thanks 1

You really can't have it both ways as far as having high quality and absorbent diapers for a budget price.  You either pay a premium price for high quality diapers and change 3 times a day, or get low end store brands and change 6 or more times a day.  I get lower end diapers at Goodwill when they have them but there are drawbacks and limits.  I can pay $3 to $4 a package of 20 cloth backed disposable diapers like Attends, Prevail and others and make them last about 3 to 4 hours, but that is about their limit before needing to change.  They are thinner less absorbent diapers that need changing a lot, yet the price is right.  Problem is, Goodwill might only have 2 or 3 packages at a time.  That means with 6+ changes in a 24 hour period you would go through about a package every 3 days or so.  I doubt you could get enough diapers at Goodwill to continue week after week, even at $4 a package.  Then try making one last you all through the night while sleeping.  Won't work if you wet a lot.  I say you probably will need to find a balance of lower end budget diapers to use some of the time when you can easily change every 3 to 4 hours, and more expensive ones for night time and those times you can't just change every few hours.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 5:09 AM, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@Babyshroomy If you live in the united states your insurance might be able to pay for better quality diapers.  Which you can get at Northshorecare.com 

Our friend @~Brian~ uses Northshorecare and his insurance pays for his diapers you would just have to contact your insurance company and also Northshorecare as well so they both can connect and see how they can help you get more protected.  Also they can pay for wipes and other essentials.

When Brian can chime in he knows more about this then I do.  As I still have to buy my diapers and I am like 8 hours or so in diapers when I am out of the house.

And by the way @Babyshroomy Welcome to Daily Diapers.  Feel free to join us in Chat Sometime.

i love that u mentioned northshore they sent me 2 free packs diapers and wipes as i told them i was abdl incontinent and go thru 3-4 diapers a day  they are heros and they do help the less unfortuniate u can also look up diapern banks online they support us too operation care any agencies such as your county or state provides the funding also food pantries and senior centers and somtimes ask your dr if vu aint afraid to