LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Old stories

Question:  I have several/many copies of booklets published by the long defunk Infantae Press, Seattle.  Titles of booklet are: the Play Pen, Crib Sheet, etc.  The booklets contain stories about diapers, etc. Would it be OK to copy stories and  post them here?

11 minutes ago, jen1234 said:

Question:  I have several/many copies of booklets published by the long defunk Infantae Press, Seattle.  Titles of booklet are: the Play Pen, Crib Sheet, etc.  The booklets contain stories about diapers, etc. Would it be OK to copy stories and  post them here?

The general rule is you have to have permission from the original author to repost stories you haven't written.

1 hour ago, Pamperbum_uk said:

I'd love to read a few of the stories from the old baby brrr site...

I remember Baby Brrr

Infact the Baby Brrr website was quite literally my first exposure to ABDL.

I think I was about 14 when I came across it.

As Apache  Raccoon already mentioned, I believe the general rule of thumb is to have the author's permission for reposting. But I've seen a few story archives that have popped up since ABDL Story forum/ rebranded itself as ABDL Stories Club went down and those archives have posted stories from said now defunct site.  I don't know if they asked for the authors' permissions to repost. Some of the authors are no longer active and have left the ABDL scene. Other authors such as myself are still active.Some of my stories are on there- but I was never asked for permission to post them. (For the record, as long as I'm given credit as the author, I don't care. Also would be nice if they posted a link to my Amazon page but I digress). 

My point being- I think reposting is a gray area? I know for finishing or continuing or writing a story featuring an author's characters decorum dictates having their permission. But simply reposting a story I'm not so sure?

Maybe the rule of thumb generally speaking is for known and active authors, seek their permission? But for old stories whose authors are long gone from the ABDL scene, no longer active and no way to reach them then it's ok to repost but with a note explaining the situation and giving credit is ok? 

Especially if these are old stories and the authors are unknown/ no longer active/ no way to reach them? Then maybe it is okay to repost the stories so other readers could enjoy them?  Just be certain to give credit to the authors! 

TLDR: It may be ok to repost as long as you make it clear they are not your stories, give credit to the authors and say it's been so long the authors are no longer active/ no way to reach them but you just want to share the stories. 

The final say on whether it's ok or not is up to the mods/ admin so maybe message one of them directly? 

Eta: just realized I said the same thing twice. 😑 

Thanks, yes a gray area, but some of the old stories are good and mostly pre internet, printed that would have to be scanned prior to posting.  I have a box full of the old printed booklets.

Check with the moderator but I think if you give credit to the original author and are not taking credit for somebody else's work it would be okay. 

But not sure. 

It's not a gray area.   If you reproduce articles that you don't have the rights to; you can get yourself and this site into legal issues for the infringement.   The only thing that you're relying upon is that the author (and his successors) are long gone or don't care enough to take the minimal effort to protest.

12 minutes ago, willnotwill said:

It's not a gray area.   If you reproduce articles that you don't have the rights to; you can get yourself and this site into legal issues for the infringement.   The only thing that you're relying upon is that the author (and his successors) are long gone or don't care enough to take the minimal effort to protest.

This is correct here. Copyright in the US is lengthy, with life plus 70 years, or 95 years I believe being the term after 1978 in creation. Other countries do differ quite a bit. If a work is prior to 1928 it's public domain is a pretty good guess. I know AB/DL has probably not been a brand new creation since the 50s/60s when some of that started to come out, but I doubt there's anything we're talking about that's old enough to be public domain.

Excellent advice from willnotwill - - -

Would the Administrator and/or Moderation staff have any comments ?

Each day the internet is adding more information (search data) - - -

Any effort made to research if the Author(s) are still living and for such publishing posting permissions

stories articles material in the public domain - time limits reached expired ?

Base starting point for the internet - circa the late '50s - early '60's ?

This sure pics my interest in stories from  back of the beyond if the themes topics plots are in the similar vein as today's - - -

Maybe tooo tame and then maybe well advanced for their time ?

13 minutes ago, diaperme2017 said:

has them all of them 

Actually, when I dug through their site, they're incomplete. Part of why I requested my works be pulled down is that it's not even a complete download of the old site.

What I have is hard copy stories printed on paper and published and sold as perordical booklets, with titles such as the Crib Sheet, Play Pen, that included the stories, some of which continued for several issues