LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How much of your mental bandwidth does wearing a diaper occupy?

How much of your mental bandwidth does wearing a diaper typically occupy?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How much of your mental bandwidth/processing power does wearing a diaper typically occupy?

• <1 % - I give my diaper as much thought as I give my socks
    • <10% - I know it's there but it's not usually a distraction
    • <50% - My diaper is always on my mind
    • >50% - Wearing a diaper is a major distraction

I had a thought the other day, while composing a post here, about how much mental "bandwidth" I allocate to my infantile underpants, these days, and my conclusion was, moment to moment, often, it's not a lot anymore. 

And yes, I know that runs completely contrary to also being a person who has written something about wearing diapers at least once a week for nearly 5 years. 

What I'm getting at, though, is that, both when I was a kid, and also, when I first started out on this strange journey, I have a diaper on I have a diaper on I have a diaper on used to run through my head like the news ticker on CNN, always at the bottom of the screen, and sometimes, seeming to take up half the screen, or more. It could get distracting, it could be nerve-wracking, and sometimes, downright panic-inducing. Okay, time to talk to the doctor, gather your thoughts... I have a diaper on I have a diaper on I have a diaper on.... STOP IT. "Doc, my knee has been bothering me since I fell while skiing..." 

Or, as a kid, when my mom said, "Say goodnight to cousin Breanna..." 

I have a diaper on I have a diaper on I have a diaper on....

"Uh, g'night, Breanna...." I have a diaper on I have a diaper on I have a diaper on....she's gonna see it through my PJ's, she's gonna know she's gonna know she's gonna know.... 

Whereas, now, sometimes, I actually do forget about it. And I can conduct day-to-day operations with only a small percentage of my processing power occupied by my underpants, unless something goes off the rails down there. It's still more than I dedicate to my socks, for example, but, it's usually no longer a significant power draw, most of the time. It takes up a bit more processing power when I'm planning my day, with respect to what products I want to wear, and when, but that is momentary.

I would imagine that it's the same for a lot of you out there who are diaper professionals, but I thought I'd put the question into the ether. 

• Like 2

It really depends upon two things.

First is how wet the diaper is. The wetter the diaper the more conscious I am of it.

Second is what I am doing. There are a few things that make me more aware that I am wearing a diaper, like talking on the phone. For some reason that always makes me think of my diaper. On the other hand I can wet my diaper while speaking face to face to someone and not even think about it.

• Like 2

Being a diaper lover, if I have one on, it's a big thing on my mind. It doesn't take up all my thoughts and wouldn't quite call it a "distraction" but it's definitely on my mind especially depending on what's going on (relaxing, gaming, watching stuff, cooking/cleaning, on a call, etc). 

• Like 1

great question! I realize now seeing this that i have always wondered how others perceived their diaper as they went about their day.

For me, it can vary. Most of the time it is a subtle awareness but not distracting, however, i find it incredibly blissful in the rare moments that it doesnt register at all. Other times, it can be a welcome distraction and is very much front of mind. On the rare occasion it can be a distraction that is not so welcome haha.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, le Hollandais said:

Bandwidth? What?

I'm using "bandwidth" or "processing power" as analogies for how much mental energy wearing diapers takes up... for some people, it's as much as wearing socks or breathing occupies, while for others, it might be more than than. When I started out, I could barely, say, order a coffee, and wear diapers... "Oh my God, I'm wearing a diaper" sort of eclipsed whatever else was going on. Let alone clear customs at a border, or run a meeting at work. As I evolved and got used to it, I was able to comfortably go about more complex bits of business, until being in a diaper became a background process, like digesting the steak I ate for dinner, and it no longer impacted the energy I could give to other tasks. That was my experience. So I was curious as to how others related to that. 

DOING is LIVING and LIVING is DOING. Nowhere in there is anything said about reading meters. I am just not so self-absorbed that I ask questions like that -- Or answer them

Besides; I am too little for things like that

To be honest diapers can use a lot of my mental band width. That said, I found a way to keep it under control so it doesn’t control my thoughts or intervenes with my daily tasks. I stay diapered 24/7 and adjusted my life accordingly. Now it is just part of my daily routine just like regular underwear to somebody else.

• Like 1

I put 10% for my answer. I always have to have it in mind because to be completely oblivious would be an invitation to leaks out in public. I tend to make a mental note occasionally on it's weight and whether I should take an opportunity to change it. I don't waste a lot of energy worrying about it every second.

Hugs,

Freta