LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Forgetting what it’s like to be continent.

Anyone else who’s been at this for while,  find that after so many years, you kind of lose touch with the continence mentality? 

What would it be like in public wearing nothing but flimsy underwear under your clothes, and be so confident that you won’t pee yourself?   Or what would it be like to not see staying dry as a difficult gruesome ordeal?     Apparently many guys prefer to sleep naked, with nothing  but bed sheets under them, seemingly oblivious to the concern of soaking their mattress.  

My guess is that for those of us who used to have better control, it’s an eye opener when you’re confronted with how far you’ve come.

Any stories of times when you found yourself surprised at how far you’ve strayed from “normal” continence?  

• Like 1

I'm not nearly as far as I want to be. I'm actually one of those guys that does sleep naked with 0 consequences lol but maybe not for longer because my day time accidents are starting to get real bad. it really does boggle my mind that i used to wear normal underwear when i would go out and that was just fine. these days I NEED a guard or goodnights or else I will end up with damp pants at some point, no matter how much i try shaking it off in the bathroom or trying to fully void, I WILL end up damp with no protection. 

• Like 1

Although I still consider myself to have usable daytime continence, increasingly lately I've realised that the all-but-thoughtless micro-permission that I gave myself to use my nappy turned into a wetting event a lot quicker than I'd imagined, more vigorously than I imagined and having started, I can't stop it anyway.  I'm now just along for the ride and hoping that my nappy holds. 

I've thought to myself a few times "What would have happened if I was NOT diapered here?  Would I have been able to prevent this?"

I don't know.  That's what 5 years of 24/7 looks like...

• Like 2

I think there's a lot you can learn about your diaper training progress

by giving up daytime diapers for awhile, and wearing normal underwear.

You'll quickly notice how often you're using the bathroom, but how little is pumping out of your body, and then how long it dribbles after.

When I stopped 24/7 I was amazed by how uncomfortable it was to hold my pee, I thought I was going to have an accident...

...But then when i finally started peeing, Only a small amount came out!

Lately I've gone back into diapers.

Diapers are so much more enjoyable than constantly holding it.

Wetting in small amounts and filling an entire diaper little by little is much more enjoyable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, tommyneedsdiapers90 said:

... these days I NEED a guard or goodnights or else I will end up with damp pants at some point, no matter how much i try shaking it off in the bathroom or trying to fully void, I WILL end up damp with no protection. 

Congrats. You will continue to get even wetter as time wanes. Your male bladder sphincter is failing and will continue to spaz and weaken to the point that your toddler underwear will get wetter and wetter  without any help from you. That's when you know you've really arrived.

• Like 1

Although I am incontinent and diaper dependent, I know I am never gonna be able to wear adult underwear safely and I am always gonna be prone to wet and messy. I have had many adults put me in a pull-up but I would soak through them so badly that a Diaper is much safer for me than adult underwear or pull-ups. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, CodHero24 said:

I think there's a lot you can learn about your diaper training progress

by giving up daytime diapers for awhile, and wearing normal underwear.

You'll quickly notice how often you're using the bathroom, but how little is pumping out of your body, and then how long it dribbles after.

When I stopped 24/7 I was amazed by how uncomfortable it was to hold my pee, I thought I was going to have an accident...

...But then when i finally started peeing, Only a small amount came out!

Lately I've gone back into diapers.

Diapers are so much more enjoyable than constantly holding it.

Wetting in small amounts and filling an entire diaper little by little is much more enjoyable.

I tried this and couldn't make it through the day. Not because I wet, but because I was constantly anxious and physically uncomfortable with having to hold.

I also notice that my urges are so much stronger, but like you said, not a lot comes out, and not as forcefully as it used to. And those post void dribbles that you don't feel coming out are quite the trip.

And that's even though still have functional daytime control! It feels so weird to not be using my diaper, and agree that it's so much more enjoyable.

• Like 1

It's been a while, but I've worn abysmal adult pull-ups to a doctor's appointment and tried to keep them dry, just in case I ended up having to drop my trousers, and in the process, I learned that 45 minutes of holding it starts to make me uncomfortable. Not that I can't do it, but I have to pay attention, whereas in the "before times", I could go for a morning without thinking about peeing, easily. I used to zoom around the country in a diesel-powered car that could run continually for 8-9 hours at extralegal highway speeds between fills, and I rarely stopped prematurely because I had to pee. My job has changed a lot since then, but if I ever went back on that schedule, I'd have to get used to wearing super-nappies under my work clothes on those days, because I now have the holding range of a child under age 6. 

Indeed, it's interesting to have to think about "continence", at least in the #1 department, at all, because most days I don't give it any thought anymore. Not that I'm "incontinent", but I just go whenever I want, whenever I want, usually a few times an hour, and the only thing I think about in that regard is, "Where am I within this diaper's lifecycle? If I go run errands for a couple of hours, should I swap it first, or is it likely to be fine?"

I said elsewhere recently on this forum that I still occasionally have "pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming" moments when I feel something like awe at being reminded that I wear diapers, all the time, and have done for a few years. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, diapered_jeff48801 said:

I tried this and couldn't make it through the day. Not because I wet, but because I was constantly anxious and physically uncomfortable with having to hold.

Even though intellectually I know that a psychological need for diapers is just as legitimate as a physical need, it’s always bugged me that I untrained myself because I wanted to need diapers.  

It wasn’t until very recently that it finally clicked that continence shouldn’t feel burdensome.  That fact that staying dry has always felt like work, and ive always felt more comfortable in diapers, means that I wasn’t ready to potty train when I was a young child, and I’m still not ready now.  

My guess is it’s the exact same with a lot of us here. 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

"It's been a while, but I've worn abysmal adult pull-ups to a doctor's appointment and tried to keep them dry, just in case I ended up having to drop my trousers, and in the process, I learned that 45 minutes of holding it starts to make me uncomfortable. Not that I can't do it, but I have to pay attention.

Indeed, it's interesting to have to think about "continence", at least in the #1 department, at all, because most days I don't give it any thought anymore. Not that I'm "incontinent", but I just go whenever I want, whenever I want, usually a few times an hour, and the only thing I think about in that regard is, "

That's the wild thing about all this, the thought it requires to stay dry, the fear that if I don't pay attention I'll have an accident, even though that's never happened. And even though we CAN stay dry, our brains are telling us "I don't think so."

17 hours ago, Enthusi said:

Even though intellectually I know that a psychological need for diapers is just as legitimate as a physical need, it’s always bugged me that I untrained myself because I wanted to need diapers.  

It wasn’t until very recently that it finally clicked that continence shouldn’t feel burdensome.  That fact that staying dry has always felt like work, and ive always felt more comfortable in diapers, means that I wasn’t ready to potty train when I was a young child, and I’m still not ready now.  

That's a great way to describe it too, burdensome. I remember before i started untraining that I never thought about staying dry, I could wear undies without thinking about my bladder. But now if I dare to do so, I'm hypersensitive, and constantly worried that if I lose focus something might come out on its own. Whereas diapers allow me to distract myself without worry.

• Like 2
On 1/11/2024 at 8:32 PM, Enthusi said:

Absolutely. I have always found staying dry a major task. When I became incontinent and dependant on nappies it suddenly dawned on me the need to stay dry had gone so I just gave up trying to stay dry. I know this quickly made my incontinence worse but made me feel so much happier.