LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Surgery in Mexico

An update for today:

I feel a lot better and less stressed since deciding not to worry about telling my parents beforehand.  Having them know about some "procedure" but not giving the whole truth was turning into so many hypotheticals in my mind.  The story I had to create to fill in the gaps where I wanted to omit things, and the planning for how to keep those details straight was becoming too much to manage in my mind.  So I'm just going to focus on getting the surgery, and decide later on if/when I want to tell them something.  Most likely I will, since I'm close with my parents and I think they will notice.  If not the diapers themselves I think they'll pick up on subtle behavior changes.

The passport agency appointment went great.  They accepted all my documentation and the application is already showing as in-progress on the tracking site.  I hope to have the passport in a few days via priority mail.

I went to the lab where I had ordered my pre-op blood work and gave my blood sample today.  I expect all the results in a few days.

Maybe the most exciting thing to me is, I booked my plane ticket today.  It's only 23 days until check-in.  I just realized I need to start packing.  I normally leave packing for trips until the last moments, but I think I'll start packing very soon for a change.  I'm glad to have one more thing to work on while I wait for the days to count down.

• Like 2

Good call on not telling them. In my opinion. I would never tell anyone if I were you. This surgery markes sense to you and me but would be an incredibly alarming fact to reveal to a normie. When you return after your surgery, I suggest you commence your new diapered life, answering all inquiries with minimal information conveyed. Eventually those close you will get with the program that you are diapered. You can tell them you're investigating with doctors etc, and leave it at that.

I suspect you will end up being a "frequent flyer" in the urology department for years to come to be honest. Your surgery may have side effects like strictures, other blockages, nerve issues, low bladder pressure due to continuous leak leading to frequent utis/bladder infections, you might have residual inflammation requiring indwelling catheterization. Honestly who knows what it'll end up being, but it's very likely you'll deal with one or more. And at that time you'll need to give a history to the urologist. What do you do? Play dumb? Say you went to Mexico for a ~insert cosmetic surgery ~ but ended up with this condition? Come clean? 

The latter might have unforseen and undesired personal consequencesw, so I would consider your choices wisely. Regardless they will be obligated to treat you, but it's not a good thing to have documented imo.

As always good luck!

• Like 3

Thank you, and to clarify I'm not planning to tell my parents or anyone at all about the incontinence surgery.  I meant to tell them I was having a different bladder surgery here in the states.  Then, the incontinence would look like complications from that "procedure."  I agree I don't think anyone will understand the real surgery and I have no plan to share it.

I suppose that's true about being in and out of urology offices frequently from now on.  I don't plan to come clean and tell them either.  I would just say that I had a previous "procedure" that I now need help with managing in terms of long term side effects.

• Like 2

It would just be a generic bladder surgery.  Something to expand the bladder neck to improve flow.  Something very routine for bladder retention.  There are a few different procedures it could be.

There won't be history for it if later urologists ask for it.  I just won't give them anything, or I'll say I lost it.  It won't be in my medical records either.  I won't be able to explain that.  Hopefully it will look like a medical records error/omission.  Maybe they'll add it into my history for me.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm flying down and arriving early evening Saturday Feb 10.  Surgery is on Monday Feb 12.  I don't want to risk missing anything due to delay!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Reddy said:

Yes, I'm flying down and arriving early evening Saturday Feb 10.  Surgery is on Monday Feb 12.  I don't want to risk missing anything due to delay!

Have you made a deposit yet on the surgery? What's your diaper plan? Amazon to the hotel? buy local in Mexico?

I have heard that incontinent supplies qualify medical supplies, which you can check with your baggage, with no luggage fee for the "Diaper suitcase".

I'll be making the deposit soon as they let me know they will be putting together the invoice for that.

Oh that's great about the diaper suitcase.

I might Amazon to the hotel, but I've heard good diapers are easy to find in Mexico.  So I might just try the local stores first.

Edit: On second thought I probably will just amazon some diapers I know I like because why not.

An update...

Yesterday was really a great day.  Got all my pre-op bloodwork back and Dr. Ivan approved it!  I found out my passport will arrive by USPS by 6pm today!  And I paid my deposit on the surgery!  The deposit invoice lists my surgery at 8am on Monday 2/12.  I'm glad it's early.  Now it's barely over 3 weeks until my flight down there. :)

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Reddy said:

An update...

Yesterday was really a great day.  Got all my pre-op bloodwork back and Dr. Ivan approved it!  I found out my passport will arrive by USPS by 6pm today!  And I paid my deposit on the surgery!  The deposit invoice lists my surgery at 8am on Monday 2/12.  I'm glad it's early.  Now it's barely over 3 weeks until my flight down there. :)

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to chronicle your journey.

Secondly, the ask:  please stick with your chronicle.  So many of these sagas have no ending.  Like the last episode of “The Sopranos”, they just suddenly go dark.

Should you proceed, I suspect in the melee of surgery and recovery in a foreign land, writing down your thoughts and events may not be top of mind.  It may well be tedious at times, it might be difficult.  It could even be that, having achieved some kind of “closure” to your issue, the discussion of it seems awkward or irrelevant but that doesn’t make it of any lesser value to others.

Should you not proceed for whatever reason, even if you decide to pull the pin on the whole venture and go to Donut King instead, insight into how you got to that outcome is of equal value.

You might also consider a “plan B” mechanism for sharing your story: threads are ephemeral.  A lot of people are intrigued including me.

Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, Reddy said:

I'll be making the deposit soon as they let me know they will be putting together the invoice for that.

Oh that's great about the diaper suitcase.

I might Amazon to the hotel, but I've heard good diapers are easy to find in Mexico.  So I might just try the local stores first.

Edit: On second thought I probably will just amazon some diapers I know I like because why not.

You might ask the surgical center what is locally available.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, oznl said:

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to chronicle your journey.

Secondly, the ask:  please stick with your chronicle.  So many of these sagas have no ending.  Like the last episode of “The Sopranos”, they just suddenly go dark.

Should you proceed, I suspect in the melee of surgery and recovery in a foreign land, writing down your thoughts and events may not be top of mind.  It may well be tedious at times, it might be difficult.  It could even be that, having achieved some kind of “closure” to your issue, the discussion of it seems awkward or irrelevant but that doesn’t make it of any lesser value to others.

Should you not proceed for whatever reason, even if you decide to pull the pin on the whole venture and go to Donut King instead, insight into how you got to that outcome is of equal value.

You might also consider a “plan B” mechanism for sharing your story: threads are ephemeral.  A lot of people are intrigued including me.

Good luck!

Thanks for the thoughtful post.

I admit, I also wonder why others who have had the surgery may not be as interested in continuing to share.  I try to understand, especially since I may feel the same way, soon.  But I so wish to connect with them.  So I do believe I'll continue to share updates and be available.  I have no reason to think I'll go dark.

Do you have another idea for sharing the story?  Do you just mean the thread could be deleted or lost unexpectedly not by my actions?  I would be open to alternatives if necessary.

An update for today:

Two more things happened that makes this journey feel confirmed.  One, my passport arrived today, so now I have it in hand.  It's kinda cool-looking.  I've never had one before.  Two, the center confirmed they received my payment for the initial deposit for the surgery.

Since those things are done and my labs were approved, and I have a hotel booked (partially refundable) and plane tickets booked (non-refundable) I am not only committed by the thousands of dollars... I think I'm actually all ready now.  I can't think of anything else I need to do, aside from packing my bags.  Certainly a lot has happened in the 10 days since my initial consultation.

At this point, I alternate between being painfully impatient, and then realizing this is actually about to happen, and having a full-body rush feeling when I realize I'm going to be in DIAPERS whether I like it or not, FOREVER.

The other occasional feeling I have is some sort of unconscious assumption that this plan won't really work.  I'll have the surgery and feel all the pain and potentially dangerous complications, but I'll still be continent.  To be clear, there are no guarantees.  I'll be out the money, I'll go home, and I'll wait.

It's not a magic bullet.  One of the individuals who had the surgery posted in a different thread that while he's glad he had it done, it's not 100% incontinence like in the fantasy stories.  Another patient I have been in contact with directly.  He initially had constant dribbling but now his bladder is partially filling and then having unexpected leaks.  With an occasional blockage feeling.  And while initially he soaked diapers overnight, now his bladder fills and wakes him up.  When he stands up in the morning, he wets his diaper.  He still wets unexpectedly many times a day.  Both patients had strictures.  One told me his erections are weaker.

There are guaranteed to be side effects.  I fully expect to have tightening and blockages that require fixing, weaker erections, pain, and maybe regret.

So I'm realistic (I think), but I'm still SO excited.  Regardless of the complications I will certainly need to wear diapers everywhere for the rest of my life.  I will still pee frequently, unexpectedly, and uncontrollably.  And that still sounds absolutely fantastic, and worth anything else I have to deal with.

25 days left until surgery  🙂

• Like 3

I know you've talked about how to get diapers when you're in Mexico, but are you stocked up at home, for afterwards?  Do you have a good stock of disposable diapers? How about cloth diapers? Plastic pants? Do you have onesies, to help conceal diapers when you're in public? Prepared for diaper rash? AB, DL, or both? 

Yeah, I have over 1000 diapers at home 😂 It's kind of ridiculous and I don't have room for all those boxes.  I'm actually looking forward to eliminating a lot of my supply.

I have a couple cloth diapers that I can cycle through.  And plastic pants.

I don't have any onesies but I might not want them.  I'm not too worried about concealing peakage at my waist, but I want to deal with crazy bulges, so I will need to get bigger pants.

I'm just a DL.

I need to prepare for diaper rash and chafing!!  Good thoughts.

3 minutes ago, Reddy said:

Yeah, I have over 1000 diapers at home 😂 It's kind of ridiculous and I don't have room for all those boxes.  I'm actually looking forward to eliminating a lot of my supply.

I have a couple cloth diapers that I can cycle through.  And plastic pants.

I don't have any onesies but I might not want them.  I'm not too worried about concealing peakage at my waist, but I want to deal with crazy bulges, so I will need to get bigger pants.

I'm just a DL.

I need to prepare for diaper rash and chafing!!  Good thoughts.

Onesies help with more than just peaks. They also keep everything in place, suspenders for diapers, especially as they get full. Another option is compression shorts. I am a big fan of Champion compression shorts. they are stretchy w/ out too much compression like Under Armour.

3 minutes ago, DAQ said:

Onesies help with more than just peaks. They also keep everything in place, suspenders for diapers, especially as they get full. 

^^^ Ditto what he said.  My job requires that I dress "Business casual".. Dress slacks, button down shirt, tucked in. So when I wear a diaper to work, I find that a onesie keeps it "pulled up" into my crotch, as it gets wet and wants to sag down. Now on the weekend, when I'm in jeans and a hang-down untucked shirt, it's just a diaper and plastic pants. 

• Like 1

Ok, good points, both of you.  It sounds like I definitely want to get some onesies.  And probably some compression shorts.  Thanks for the tips.

Have you thought any about other details while you're there? Like meals... Will you be to sore to walk around afterwards to restaurants, or does the hotel have a restaurant, or can you order in to the room? Will diapers be shipped directly to the hotel? Plastic sheet for the bed, after the catheter is removed? all the little things...  😁

I think I will try to buy some food to keep in the hotel room.  I can buy groceries during the full day I am there before my surgery.  Apparently they even have walmarts and uber in Mexico.  But once I am out of surgery I will be too tired to go downstairs.  So I will get room service if I don’t have enough food.  Then after my catheter is out, maybe I will go down to the hotel breakfast and maybe their restaurant too.  No plastic sheet, but I'll have to be careful.

16 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

And remember the MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT MEXICO!!!!

Don't drink the water. 🤔😣😳

Will be incontinent in all the ways!

38 minutes ago, Reddy said:

No plastic sheet, but I'll have to be careful.

Are you talking about a plastic bed sheet? Plastic is so dang hot. BUT they make breathable bed pads. I have a couple like this and absolutely love them. They are big enough that you don't have to worry about rolling off and leaking off the side. Also big enough to double as a changing mat in a pinch.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F7NLHDS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Like 2
  • Reddy changed the title to Getting Surgery in Mexico