LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Surgery in Mexico

2 minutes ago, Reddy said:

I can't believe in 12 hours I'll be sitting at the gate about to board.  I might try to fall asleep early now, and get up at 2am and get ready and go.  🤔

Yes... Get everything packed, make sure your I.D., Passport, and paperwork is ready. Set TWO alarms, then get some sleep. Then get up, get diapered and dressed, and get to the airport early!!

Maybe give us some updates from the airport, after you're checked in and pass TSA. We're all excited to hear how it goes!!

Just now, Diapered Dave said:

Yes... Get everything packed, make sure your I.D., Passport, and paperwork is ready. Set TWO alarms, then get some sleep. Then get up, get diapered and dressed, and get to the airport early!!

Maybe give us some updates from the airport, after you're checked in and pass TSA. We're all excited to hear how it goes!!

I will probably give updates the whole time 😄  I probably won't be able to help myself.

Good idea I need to set multiple alarms!!

I don't really have any paperwork but I have my ID and passport and I am going to do laundry and pack when I wake up at 2am.

I'm heading to the airport in about an hour.  Gotta make sure I've thought of everything before the flight.

I thought the flight was 8am but it's 8:55am.  I'll leave home at 6am since I want to get to the airport by about 6:30am.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

Do you have more diapers in your carry-on? Did TSA open it and check them?

My backpack is all diapers, everything else is in my suitcase.  But they didn't see any problems in the scanners apparently.  They only took my contact lens solution 🤣

2 minutes ago, longislandguy said:

Were you wet?  Is that what set off the alarm?

No I was still dry.  But he said the alarm set off in the groin and buttock and he needed to check it.  He offered a private room but I said no.  Although he did lift up my shirt a little bit and put his fingers around the diaper waistband.  It was still fine and pretty quick.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Reddy said:

Got through TSA and boarding now!  My diaper did set off the alarm so I had to get patted down but it was fine.

The scanners seem so random. I have heard back and forth about diapers setting them off. I wore a megamax through security and it didn't set it off.

I personally only ever had my powder set off the explosive detectors.

• Like 1

It's kind of funny, I'm sitting on the plane and a minute ago it was takeoff time, and my countdown to Guadalajara that I've been waiting forever to end, hit zero seconds and then it disappeared 😁

Next countdown is the surgery... at less than 48 hours.

Edit: taking off now!

• Like 6

Safe travels and best of luck Reddy! I hope everything goes well. Did you use your diaper on the plane? I've found it useful to keep my diapers in a smaller bag that detaches from my main carry on to take to the toilet for discrete changes. Seeing as you're going to be diapered on every mode of transport from here on out it may be something to consider getting.

I set off the TSA full body scanner a few months ago when I flew. The diagram the agents see of the scan is "censored" and doesn't show your actual body. It just shows that there's an anomaly in the crotch region.  I was wearing a onesie and it was very busy so I suggested a private room for the screening. He told his colleague who laughed and said it would take time. I was running late so said ok you can do it here. He just felt my waist and crotch, must have realized it was a diaper and let me go.

Another time a few years ago I had a package of diapers in my bag, and I was called from the gate to do a checked luggage search. The young lady searching my bag seemed a bit confused but once she saw they were diapers didn't ask any questions. 

In general I've found nobody pushes the issue, as they are likely trained on being sensitive, and a sizable % of adults require diapers/pull ups so it's not so uncommon.

On 2/7/2024 at 6:26 PM, Reddy said:

Tbh, I understand why everybody who got the surgery seems to have stopped interacting on this site.  There is some extreme negativity and plain rudeness.  Not in this thread recently, but in the past here, and in other threads now.  I wouldn't want to stick around either if that's all there was here for me.

There's an irony here - I've been doing mostly fine.  You're definitely right that the (honestly hilariously ignorant and predictably inane) nay-saying has a negative effect on things, but ironically, my absence has been because of personal things in my life - turns out, being made incontinent doesn't magically fix the rest of your life.  Who knew?

I'm pretty darn excited to see someone else pursue this - if anyone has any specific questions, please feel free to ask.  And here's hoping your surgery goes well - you're in good hands.  Say hay to Yuni to me - she's amazing!

• Thanks 1

BrownBobby.... How has it been going with you? I understand from your writings else where that you developed a urethral stricture... Does that stop ALL leaking? Does it make it hard to pee? How do they fix it?

When you were down there, did they take out the catheter in the hotel room, or at the clinic?

It's odd with a urethral stricture.  Imagine going to all that work to remove the urinary sphincters, only to develop one that you can't really control if you wanted to.  It's been an interesting experience so far - but I've found local urologists willing to treat it.  When it's not affecting things, I'm basically a pre-potty trained toddler in terms of control.  I can either go every 10 minutes, or accept that I'm going to wet myself.  I find it a perfect amount of control to have - just enough to know I'm *still* failing.  I'm even getting surgery next week for it, so here's hoping in two weeks I'll be mostly done with it except for some occasional cathing to make sure the stricture remains stretched out for good.

They did remove the catheter in a clinical setting.  They didn't need to, honestly - it went exceptionally smoothly.  I didn't even know it was out at first because of how quick it went.  

• Like 1

What is the additional surgery? To remove the stricture? Do you find you will retain urine while seated and then leak when you stand? How have the conversations with local doctors gone? Have you been open about why you went to Mexico? 

Have you had much pain? Any infections? Are the doctors concerned about any long term issues besides the strictures? Sorry for all the questions, I really appreciate hearing from someone that's been down the road.

• Like 1

So even with the urethral stricture, you still need diapers because you don't know when you might leak?

And what did you tell the local urologist? That you had surgery to become incontinent? (You've probably seen the debate here about how to handle that....)

Yep - they tried dilating to stretch the stricture, and that helped, but they now think it's best to cut it out.  It's a temporary move - scar tissue will eventually reform - but with proper care, it will take a long, long time before it becomes a problem again.  The stricture can be painful at times, especially when it's acting up, but it's bearable. (And yes, I've still been diaper dependent the entire time - scar tissue cannot hold back a half-full bladder when you stand up unless it's REALLY inflamed.)

As for what I told doctors...it was the truth.  Honestly, I don't know why people think it's going to trigger some huge, negative consequences.  Doctors are often confused when I mention it, but I've done it enough where they at least understand why I would have done something like this.  I'm even honest about being honest - "I could either make up a medical history that has this presentation, or I could just be honest about what happened and why.  I'd rather be honest."

• Like 4

When you had the surgery in Mexico, did you have to sign any forms acknowledging that you knew you would be diaper dependent afterwards? I would think the doctors would want to cover themselves from a lawsuit, if someone changed their mind afterwards.

How long did you leak freely after the surgery, before the urethral stricture began to form?

Sorry if it seems like a hundred questions, I just find the whole process quite interesting. And I think many others in this forum do too.

11 minutes ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

How does dilation work? I wonder if that's something one could do to weaken their sphincter without a sphincterotomy.

There are several postings on FetLife where some people say they have made themselves incontinent just by wearing progressively larger catheters for LONG periods of time. ( Like several months or years.) Starting with a size like 16fr and going up to the max, 30fr. But apparently, it doesn't last forever.

• Reddy changed the title to Getting Surgery in Mexico