LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

how to get state medical insurance to pay for diapers

You need a prescription from a doctor be Medicaid eligible and go to medical durable equipment provider who can fill out medical need paperwork to get authorization and payment , generally you will end up with something like prevail,wings or first quality diapers .most of the time unless you are dual incontinent fecal and urinary will refuse to pay for diapers and only go for pads guards drip collectors or pull-ups  . In many cases you will still get something realy cheap in a pull up and prove your FI and pull ups results in messy public blowouts containment failures in order to demonstrate you require a better pull up or diaper .

• Like 2

I was told by my Dr that here at least in Ca Medicare will Not cover them. At least for urine . Maybe if you were fecal. Medicare is fairly good, with our secondary . In other states you may get diapers covered. But like Cruiser 03 says they will be cheap ones.

• Like 1

Well I am unfortunately old so I am on Medicare . if I had been disabled and not able to work for 40 plus yrs I may have had the better state medical . I was not disabled till I worked my back and neck to a horrible painful state, for rest of my life. So morphine is one of my normals . I worked to do what my bosses wanted and I pushed my back way too far. So I get to buy my stuff from the second hand stores . I get the money up once in a while to buy new stuff ??? But when the stuff on the DD site is for sale or free, the people here aren't able to ship it, due to there being more disabled than I am. And diapers are in big boxes and costly to ship. But thats life.. Ins etc is a depressing part of life.

Hi Snicky, I checked your profile and this seems to be your first and only post since joining in August. I also see you list yourself as a bedwetter. If this is accurate you are unlikely to ever get any insurance to pay for diapers as bedwetting is not considered a disability. There is a forum for bedwetters that you might find useful for support from others that deal with this. There is also the Newbie Nursury where you can post something about yourself so you can be welcomed to our community.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2

Yes I would think the state or ins will not give a crap if you pee the bed. If you can't control your pee and bowels out of the home you may have a slim chance to get some help.. But depending on the state you are in. Some state will pay for the cheap stuff,..

But I also agree with FretaBWet check in in new and let us know a little bit about you..

• 2 weeks later...

so this past summer, i had a person that was getting diapers through medicaid and had way to many and give me some they were Covidien Wings Super Quilted Adult Briefs. I am use to wearing tena slip maxi or NorthShore diapers. i did not think they made diapers so cheep any more. medicaid gets the bottom price diaper.

If you are an actual bedwetter with some form of incontinence and wet without knowing at night and nothing you have tried has helped you to stop, discuss it with your doctor or urologist who should be familiar with your situation.  They will most likely have you try different options to stop bedwetting, but if they fail and run their courses, diapers may be your best or only options.  They should have office staff that can help with a prescription and interact with Medicaid on your behalf to see if prescription diapers for bedwetting can be approved.  Most likely the cheapest and most worthless brand there are like Coviden Wings (useless in my opinion).

On the other hand, I will say this and most people here will agree.  If you are not actually incontinent or a bedwetter but just want to wear diapers to bed as part of your fetish, don't be a douche bag and fraud medicaid into thinking you medically need diapers if you don't.  We taxpayers are here to help people who need it, not people fraudulently looking for free diapers for their diaper fetish.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, rusty pins said:

If you are an actual bedwetter with some form of incontinence and wet without knowing at night and nothing you have tried has helped you to stop, discuss it with your doctor or urologist who should be familiar with your situation.  They will most likely have you try different options to stop bedwetting, but if they fail and run their courses, diapers may be your best or only options.  They should have office staff that can help with a prescription and interact with Medicaid on your behalf to see if prescription diapers for bedwetting can be approved.  Most likely the cheapest and most worthless brand there are like Coviden Wings (useless in my opinion).

On the other hand, I will say this and most people here will agree.  If you are not actually incontinent or a bedwetter but just want to wear diapers to bed as part of your fetish, don't be a douche bag and fraud medicaid into thinking you medically need diapers if you don't.  We taxpayers are here to help people who need it, not people fraudulently looking for free diapers for their diaper fetish.

I agree you make very good points. Maybe Medicaid will cover if they need them, with the Drs people I have talked to and read about .... they pay more often. Medicare will not pay unless you are really persistent . My Drs that I have talked to say Medicare will not pay

• 1 month later...