LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

couldn't believe my Dr. wrote me a scrip for Diapers.

Went to see my Dr. today. normal 3 moth visit. went over all the normal stuff. asked me how my diabetes readings are, showed her on my Phone. then started to talk about all my meds i take for it. asked if I was having any problems, said yea can't stop peeing. told her sometimes I don't make it. that's why I'm wearing a diaper. I said to her. too bad you can't write me a scrip for diapers. then she said i could and wrote me scrip for them 90-day supply with 5 refills. then sent it to my pharmacy. to fill.  

• Like 2

Pharmacies usually don’t handle diapers you need to use a Durable Medical Equipment(DME) supplier . Each different DME will usually have exclusive contract’s with 2 companies ( the cheaper they can get diapers the more profit they can keep) . So shop around for the brand you prefer . 

• Thanks 1

Where was the script sent to, or where did she say you should have it filled (not to be confused with filling it yourself 💩)  Did it mention what kind of diapers in the script?  I would expect there has to be a brand or type like Depends with an amount of diapers so your insurance would know how much is needed and how much they will approve.  A 90 day supply with 5 refills will last you over a year but how many diapers are in a 90 day script?  How many per day is the script for, and if it's only 3 and it's, for example, Wings or some other super cheap diaper, that 90 day script would end up lasting maybe a month at best.  Still, as Mikey said, it's a start.  Be nice if it was a script for 3 diapers a day, choose your own brand.  That would be a lot of Mega Max or Trest diapers if your insurance would cover them!

• Like 1

was sent to cvs. 90 diapers for a month with 3 refills not 5 had that mixed up with other med script.and it was for wings HL ultra adult breifs 

/ medium.

On 10/6/2023 at 8:00 PM, bbtwin said:

was sent to cvs. 90 diapers for a month with 3 refills not 5 had that mixed up with other med script.and it was for wings HL ultra adult breifs 

/ medium.

Those are the worst diapers and I would consider store brought diapers abusive to put on anyone. One leak and your changing them constantly. That's why I am in Northshore diapers and I wish they allow insurance to pay for better diapers like Northshore. With Northshore Megamax diapers and their eterna boosters, I can safely go in them and not worry about leaks or poops.

• Like 1

Our pharmacy stocks Tena products. The have a whole corner well stocked with pads, slips, disposable bed mats, net fixing pants and next to them Kylie Plastic pants. I get mine delivered via the NHS supply chain. This was arranged by the continence nurse who the doctor refered me to once I had my diagnosis from the urology department at my local hospital.

@bbtwin

When I started getting diapers I was getting 300 a month, but then of course they were the prevail air diapers that weren't the most awful diapers they could they could prescribe so the reason, followed closely behind by the wings by Kendall or whatever they were, because they're thin they don't have any absorption and they don't have any order control whatsoever. Also have some weird thing that they put in these cloth diapers to absorb whatever it is, and it turns blue, and for some reason it makes the diaper smell even worse than it normally does when you use it, and not only that but this stuff can also cause skin irritation and redness in areas where you don't want it. When I got these diapers, I asked about how good they were, and I got a parade of they're the most terrible diapers they make! They are correct, anything that is made like this is not going to be the high quality, and if you have to use the diaper as intended, you will have to have a diaper that has the order control and also has the ability to absorb! I don't have a diaper that does that, all you're going to be able to do is dribble a little bit in this diaper, and it'll help you, but if you have a full bladder you're not going to be able to use this diaper for that purpose. Pee all over the floor or you will make a mess and that will be not a good idea!

If for some reason you are able to talk to your Medicaid provider or if you are working, and you're able to get your insurance to cover a particular diaper, go for the diaper that works for you the best. If you're on Medicaid, you may have to go through a time where they want you to test to see if a cloth backed diaper is appropriate, and works for you, and in my case it wasn't, and about three weeks in I was literally crying because I was peeing all over the floor I was red and I didn't know what was going on. Then they gave me the good diapers, and I haven't had a problem since except for ones from North Shore where for some reason they had some sort of a problem where they had put the padding in too tightly so they were smashing down the padding too much and it was causing the center of the diaper to feel like a piece of cardboard.

My main diaper is the North Shore Mega Max: these diapers are expensive, but their quality, And in my opinion they are the best diapers made, and there's always going to be those that say that Megamax aren't the best, but it all depends on the person who is using the diaper, what they like whether they like the cloth or the plastic back, what type of flow they have, because if you have a tendency to use the diaper to its fullest extent I can tell you right now that the cloth diapers aren't worth the time or the money, so you'll need to go with something a lot better. Troll is always one of the things that is mandatory, with no exceptions. Want to be wearing a diaper where you end up using it and it stinks worse than what you put into it! I don't understand how these companies can then turn around and tell you that these are the only diapers you can get, when obviously if you can prove that you need better diapers you can get them!

Give it a shot and see how the diapers that you are using work, but be prepared for them to not work appropriately, and then be ready to ask the doctor for better ones, or asked the Medicaid division for them, wherever you live, that is important, you need a diaper that works for you, and a diaper that will absorb whatever it is that you need, and if you don't have that, you're gonna have diaper rash and God knows what else going on, and that will be very uncomfortable.

There are many diaper manufacturers out there, most of them use the cheap stuff because that's what Medicare or Medicaid covers. Correction medicare does not cover diapers, Medicaid does, but the thing is they use the cheap stuff because they can get away with it, because they say that no one will cover the good stuff so they end up giving you the bad stuff. By bad stuff I mean the stuff that is not quality, that every one of us here on daily diapers probably will say that it's not the best. People that can use the diapers that they prescribe that's great, and it works for them, and the most important part is that you need a diaper that works for you, and diaper that works for me may not work for you, or you may find a different diaper that might be more affordable for you, and that's the important piece.

So if you find that these diapers that The doctor prescribed do not work for you, do not wait: asked the doctor for better ones or see if somebody can cover them, most insurances do, but it depends on your insurance plan, and Medicaid you have to go through a period where you try these cloth cloth backed excuses for diapers, and you have to do it for awhile and then if you still have problems, then you've basically proved that you need something better, but the problem is it was embarrassing for me to have to go through that because I know that what I was wearing wasn't cutting it and I was wetting the bed and making messes, and that's not good and that's why I went and asked for better diapers.

Good Luck!

Brian

On 10/9/2023 at 9:38 AM, stevewet said:

Our pharmacy stocks Tena products. The have a whole corner well stocked with pads, slips, disposable bed mats, net fixing pants and next to them Kylie Plastic pants. I get mine delivered via the NHS supply chain. This was arranged by the continence nurse who the doctor refered me to once I had my diagnosis from the urology department at my local hospital.

That sounds like a great store. Where is it? My local pharmacy has Tena pants but not the other stuff.

Just found out my diapers are coming from a medical supply house. Bryan medical supply. getting 160 diapers for a 30 day supply.

they are first quality nu fit maximum absorbensy medium breifs with tabs.

• Like 1