LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Efficient methods of messy diaper cleanup

Hello all,

Recently I have decided I want to make changes in my lifestyle and live out my AB desires more.  One such change is wearing diapers 24/7 whenever I am not at work or around friends or family.  So basically diapers all of the time when im at home or out by myself.  One aspect that has always kept me from doing this in the past is the cleanup for messy diapers.  It has got me wondering what are peoples efficient methods of messy diaper cleanup?  That is, ways to make cleanup as easy as possible.  Currently, I am leaning towards getting one of those handheld attachments for my shower so that I will be able to just clean my bottom without having to take a full blown shower every time.

Shower head with additional hand held thingy, make sure it has that pulse setting, it may also be called massage. Its the one that focuses a steady water beam into a single area which is useful for between the cheeks.

You will want to grab a plastic bag before you head to the shower to put the used diaper into and tie it up.

Clean your inner thighs as well even if they dont get poo on them, And you will want to soap up and clean the area of your lower back above the buttocks as well.

You will still need to go hands deep between your cheeks to fine tune the cleanup as sometimes just blasting it with water doesnt get rid of everything, but your hands will usually be slathered with soap by this point, then when you are done with that, just slather the hands with more soap to clean them off and if you are unsure about the cleanliness of that, when you jump out of the shower, wash your hands in the sink.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Little_lorelei said:

Currently, I am leaning towards getting one of those handheld attachments for my shower so that I will be able to just clean my bottom without having to take a full blown shower every time

Yes, that's the way. 

Adjustable flow dual shower heads like https://www.homedepot.com/p/303333599 with an extended length high flex armored hose like https://www.homedepot.com/p/302391860 are one of those "how did I ever live without this?" type conveniences. They're a 10 minute install in most cases, and let you reach every inch of your shower and yourself. You can certainly spend more, but the one linked above is inexpensive, reliable, and has all the spray patterns you need.

These turn a neck or waist-down shower into a fast 5 minute operation.

As a quick aside, you might want to investigate removing the flow restrictor in modern shower heads. You can get a lot more pressure out of the wand in this way, and just adjust the pressure down as needed with the lever on the wand.

• Like 2

I personally don't think that a shower is necessary all the time. First, I clean as much as possible with the clean portion of my diaper, provided I haven't had a real messy diaper blowout. Then I use adult wipes, followed by a washcloth with soap and water, rinse the washcloth thoroughly and wipe my diaper area again with just water, pat dry, and I am clean and fresh. I am wet and messy right now in a Trest pink diaper with no plans to change right away. In fact. I am going to exercise this morning while still in my wet and poopy diaper. The clean-up and diaper changing is not at all onerous for me and typically takes 5 minutes. This morning's potty in my diaper is firm, so cleaning up will be easy. Today just happens to be trash pick-up day, so I will simply put my soiled diaper in a plastic bag and put it in the trash bin.

• Like 2

1. Have supplies ready before untaping your diaper.

a.  Four Wipes pre-pulled from wipes container

b.  Diaper disposal bag open and inflated

c.  Glove ready, optional but recommended

2. Untape diaper and Use the back of your diaper as your first "Super Wipe" to remove 80% of mess from your butt

3. Use the Four baby wipes and a Mirror for increased accuracy to remove the remainder of the mess.

a.  90% of messes should be removed entirely with only Four wipes, (unless you sat in it, which will require additional wipes).

4. Roll up diaper, insert into diaper disposal bag, remove air from bag, tie up bag, insert bag into adult diaper genie.

5. Hop into shower, allow butt to rinse constantly throughout normal showering process.

a. while shampooing hair, have butt pointed into the water flow

b. while lathering arms and chest with soap, have butt pointed into water flow

6. After all other body parts are cleaned, Lather up loofa or hands with soap and thoroughly clean then rinse butt

a. Using separate bar of soap, clean hands/loofa thoroughly

• Thanks 1

@Little_lorelei

My best advice is when you're dealing with a dirty diaper is this:

if you can, go into your bathroom your toilet when you're doing this next step. If you're wearing a diaper cover drop your diaper cover and then slowly drop your diaper down. If you're lucky, your diaper will have held all of the poop, and you can just slide your diaper down, and that way you just pick up your diaper roll it up, put it in a disposal bag and throw it in your disposal bin. If you need to clean yourself off, because it's really bad, just go right in your shower, drop your diaper cover and then your diaper down your legs. DO NOT Untape it if you have a messenger call me because if you do you're going to end up causing more of a mess because you're dropping the diaper on the floor. Dropping your diaper as if it were a pair underwear is the easiest way that way you can keep your diaper within your cover and then you can then take your cover off making sure you don't get poop all over your legs or all over your feet. Have that removed, then bag up your diaper and then remove your diaper cover and put it somewhere so that can be laundered.

In the shower, just turn your water on and let it run. when you get the water hot enough then get under the water. Just jump in there real fast the first time you turn it on or you might end up getting a shock and you might end up getting either very cold water or a very hot reception. Once you get your water that in the way you want take your shower head if you have a shower head with a sprayer and make it set to massage. End up taking the shower head and hitting your body with water all over the place make sure that you're cleaning yourself in every area. That you're standing up as well and hit the backside with the water and make sure you're getting all of that off. And when you're done just clean up yourself like you would when you take a shower, making sure to clean all crevices making sure to clean all red areas and then make sure that you are making sure that the poop is gone.

when this is done, just basically follow and take a regular shower shave and do your hair and whatever else, and then when you're finished, you will have a clean body. Are you clean your shower thoroughly just in case there's any poop that landed in your drain or near your drain you want to make sure all of that is removed. Put your dirty diaper in the return, which is what I call the diaper disposal container, and then make sure that you take it out as soon as possible so it doesn't stink up the place. Set up, I have a bucket And I also have the diaper disposal pail, So I take a dirty diaper and place it there once I put it in a disposal bag. We do that then I take any onesies or diaper covers and put that in the white bucket that way I can wash each one and I don't get them confused with other clothes or I don't get poop all over anything that is in my regular laundry.

Then when you get ready dry off and then apply all of your topicals making sure not to get them on your tapes I would recommend you use gloves so you don't get that on your hands either. Do that put your diaper on and then tape it up good. If you have to use wipes go ahead and do that as well. Thing that you can do is to try to get as clean as you can before you diaper up again. Your shower can do wonders, and that would be my suggestion that you use the shower as much as possible because it makes your job easier all of the junk can just be rinsed off and then you take a hot shower and you feel like a $1,000,000.

Good luck and keep us advised!

Brian

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I also use the shower technique like most here - but in addition I use hand dishes cleaning soap for once during the process. That kills most of the odors - what regular shower soap does not to that extent.

• Like 1

The shower head advice is good, blasting a poopie bottom and removing or loosening a good amount of poopies before rubbing with the hands then more normal washing with cleaners like soap or shower gel to remove all remaining solids, but a residual smell can often can remain, deep in the skin.

Another thing which helps a cleanup is having a smooth and hairless bottom in the areas where poo is expected to end up. Poo is plastic, with a hairy ass, it could be fibre reinforced and more difficult to remove.

Desensitising to our own scent. After a messy nappy change and a realy good shower, rub, soapy wash, repeat,  it is possiblle that there is still some residual aroma, but as nappy users, we become desensitised to it, especially just after changing! . Others may detect the baby aroma, its carried into skin by fats or oils in poo. Good skin cleaners won't and shouldn't  remove natural oils completely and a slight aroma may still be noticed. Baby powder, scents and perfumes can mask it.

Be careful how you interpret something which I found can totally remove that residual messy nappy change smell from my hands and even ass when used carefully and followed with moisturising cream. I do it so you don't have too!

I was doing domestic duties right after changing myself in the morning. I was washing some surfaces and soaking coffee stained cups using a safely diluted bleach/water mix. I stopped for a rest and found myself doing a quick hand sniff test, the remaining poopie smell had totally gone without scrubbing. The cleaning mixture strength would be similar to swimming pool water, which can leave the chlorine smell on the skin for a couple of hours.

So if you've had a poopie nappy and there is a detectable scent after showering,  go for a swim in a pool ;o)

The cleanup is often quoted as an unpleasant experience, some saying it makes them wish they hadn't tried.  But it becomes quicker,  easier and the use of hands is accepted and is no problem. Also cleanups done when there are no time or privacy limitations can be relaxed and allow some additional personal attention, with its pleasing result being associated with this ultimate part of using nappies for all of their intended purposes. Being male does mean that after self pleasure, I may not immediately want to wear another nappy, but back to big boy clothes prevents overuse of nappies, which reduces some of their intense anticipatory, situational, sensory, physical and exciting pleasures.

Big boy clothes can always be used as if one isnt potty trained, just impulsively letting go the moment a suitable situation combines with the recognised need for a big poo. A whole different combination of experiences can be had, it justifies your next nappy, but also has its own combination of containment and leakage risks, along with different cleanup needs, which can be more effort than just disposing of a poopie nappy.

How do pants poopers prepare for, or deal with what could be much more messy than a nappy?

• 1 month later...

Changing my messy diaper is not unlike a parent changing their baby's messy diaper, just a perfunctory responsibility that has to be done. I will admit that I don't particularly like the labor intensity of a diaper blow-out. Of course taking a shower after a messy diaper is easy, but I usually clean up in the conventional manner with adult wipes, followed by a wet and soapy wash cloth, rinse,, dry, and REPEAT as necessary! So, this morning, about 30 minutes ago I messed my wet morning Crinklz Fairytale diaper while walking down the stairs from our bedroom to the kitchen. I didn't have to stop walking. I simply went potty in my diaper so naturally. I suppose if my wife was up and next to me she would have never known I was pooping my diapee, except of course for the slight odor, but even that was nearly undetectable, My first poopy squish took place when I sat down in the kitchen and checked emails on my phone, and I only needed to respond to one...if the recipient of the email only knew that I had a wet and messy diaper. I got some coffee, and now my second squish occurred sitting here contributing to this thread. Hot coffee, wet, warm, poopy, squishy, a liitle 'tinky morning diaper. It doesn't get much better, ahhhhh!😌 I am going to get my morning exercise in mt wet and messy diaper before I change in about 60-90 minutes. Fortunately my poopy is staying nicely ensconced in my diaper even after two sitting squishes, a perfect messy diaper.

I wear flat fold cloth diapers. But underneath, I wear a pair cotton briefs. This is my overnight rig. First thing in the morning I mess my diaper. Changing & clean-up aren't much of a bother. The briefs keep everything high and tight, so to speak. So I can just stand over the toilet and empty out the briefs. 

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty soon I am going to implement my efficient changing and cleaning process because my Tykables Cushies Ultra diaper is very wet and messy, and getting messier, squishier by the minute sitting here. That's not a complaint, just the opposite,,,ahhh!😌

If it's not too graphic, why not describe your changing and clean up process as you mention in your posts you can do it quickly and efficiently.  I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate your tips.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, rusty pins said:

If it's not too graphic, why not describe your changing and clean up process as you mention in your posts you can do it quickly and efficiently.  I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate your tips.

Nothing unusual at all: 1. wipe as much as possible with any clean portion of my diaper, if a diaper blow-out skip this step, 2. adult wipes, the number used depends on the need, 3. wet and soapy wash cloth, 4. rinse the wash cloth and continue cleaning the soap residue from my bottom and perineum. 5. pat dry, 6. apply baby lotion to my bottom and perineum, 7. sprinkle baby powder in my clean/fresh diaper, 8. diaper myself, 9. wrap my soiled diaper in a plastic bag and dispose of in the outside trash, 9. air freshener, 10. Continue with my day as usual where I will wet throughout the course of the day, but won't mess my diaper after my wife is up for the day-one of our boundaries that I respect. I don't think this was graphic at all, and this process will soon be implemented with my soaked and messy Tykables Cushies cloth back diaper. I had a very wet night, leaked because of wetting while side sleeping even with plastic pants so I added a step of a 30 minute wash cycle for my wet clothes. My side of the bed was only slightly damp, so like a ninja, while my wife was still sleeping, a wiped  my sheets with a damp soapy wash cloth. I just checked my seat padding and I have some press out leaks that I will also wipe with a damp soapy wash cloth. Fortunately no poopy press-out, just warm, squishy delight. That's my Saturday morning!!!