LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Leaving a trail

My wife and I are replacing the shingles on a one story addition on the house we live in. It has been leaking so we really needed to get it done. We bought a range hood to install in the kitchen which we wanted to vent through the roof so having the roof stripped to the wood decking was the perfect time.

We started on Friday morning stripping all the asphalt shingles and the tar paper. It's been so hot out here on the prairie that we start early in the morning when the west facing roof is in the shade. We stop at about 11 or 11:30 when there is not an inch of shade on the roof. Then we go back to work around 5 when the sun is less intense and work until sunset. We put all the exhaust pipe in for the hood on Saturday. It's been so hot we are constantly drinking water but we hardly pee because we are both sweating so much. We would laugh at our diapers because the padding is hardly discolored but they were destroyed with all the Fluff broken away from the backsheet and in huge clumps. We both wear Betterdrys and we would waste a lot of wipes trying to get all the sap cleaned off ourselves.

Today (Sunday) we got all the the new tar paper and my wife's grandfather came by to help out with some of the singling. He didn't want to stop when we usually do so we were out longer. I had gone down below in the yard to pick up some more shingles when my wife waved to me. She laughed when she had my attention and shrew something white at me. It was a little clump of Fluff and sap from my diaper lol. I guess it was falling out of my shorts and I was leaving a trail. I don't thing her grandfather noticed but I went right in and changed.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

My wife and I are replacing the shingles on a one story addition on the house we live in. It has been leaking so we really needed to get it done. We bought a range hood to install in the kitchen which we wanted to vent through the roof so having the roof stripped to the wood decking was the perfect time.

We started on Friday morning stripping all the asphalt shingles and the tar paper. It's been so hot out here on the prairie that we start early in the morning when the west facing roof is in the shade. We stop at about 11 or 11:30 when there is not an inch of shade on the roof. Then we go back to work around 5 when the sun is less intense and work until sunset. We put all the exhaust pipe in for the hood on Saturday. It's been so hot we are constantly drinking water but we hardly pee because we are both sweating so much. We would laugh at our diapers because the padding is hardly discolored but they were destroyed with all the Fluff broken away from the backsheet and in huge clumps. We both wear Betterdrys and we would waste a lot of wipes trying to get all the sap cleaned off ourselves.

Today (Sunday) we got all the the new tar paper and my wife's grandfather came by to help out with some of the singling. He didn't want to stop when we usually do so we were out longer. I had gone down below in the yard to pick up some more shingles when my wife waved to me. She laughed when she had my attention and shrew something white at me. It was a little clump of Fluff and sap from my diaper lol. I guess it was falling out of my shorts and I was leaving a trail. I don't thing her grandfather noticed but I went right in and changed.

Hugs,

Freta

Somebody needs plastic pants to prevent leaks of all kinds...

2 minutes ago, FretaBWet said:

@babykeiffLOL I have plastic pants but on a roof with just black tar paper in the blazing sun I didn't want to risk spontaneous combustion by adding another layer of non breathable plastic.

Hugs,

Freta

You could have a BBQ...... self powered by the look of it.😋

I really could not stop laughing. 😆 the song that popped into my mind while i followed the trail of fluff (trying to pick it up before my grandpa saw) was little bunny foofoo. I dont even know why that song... Which just made me laugh even more. Diaper fluff....just leaving a trail everywhere she roams.

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, LilRugrat said:

I really could not stop laughing. 😆 the song that popped into my mind while i followed the trail of fluff (trying to pick it up before my grandpa saw) was little bunny foofoo. I dont even know why that song... Which just made me laugh even more. Diaper fluff....just leaving a trail everywhere she roams.

@LilRugrat

imagining you doing that while picking up Pieces of diaper fluff that fell out of your partner's diaper is kind of hilarious! You think about how diapers have changed over the years, most of them are getting cheaper and cheaper, and you have to find better and better diapers, but if you don't have the right amount of material in your diaper to be able to absorb what you want to absorb it can be a pain in the butt.  I'm glad that your grandfather didn't see that, cause it would probably be kind of funny having to explain that to him, but most times I have found that most of the friends that I have dealt with, when I finally reveal that I wear diapers now because it is something that helps me, they all understand and I think most people understand that if you are disabled they expect you to wear diapers, but I fought their urge for so long, and it was hard for me to be able to continue to fight what I knew I was. When you know you are what you are, it's hard to fight it, and it's silly to fight it, but when you end up with so many things going on in your life, the most important thing that I look at is the fact that I want my health and my mental health to be as healthy as I can get them to be. I've learned from the experience that there's nothing to worry about wearing diapers, but when you end up having them fall apart that can be a problem!

You guys be careful now, we wouldn't want you to be in a situation where you are dehydrated, and since it's so hot, you're sweating it out, and your diaper is probably helping the situation, but be careful out there, because hot sun can really do a number on you, and when you're doing things with roofing tiles and things like that you can burn yourself real fast, and then you look like 1/2 a piece of road cause you have this black tar All over you hugs

Brian

instead of shingles i would recommend a metal roof, it lowers insurance rates, faster to go up, and if you get a light colored one it will reflect heat away, its what we did(except the color, mom wanted green) when we had a leak in the bathroom ceiling, its how we took care of it.

with how much you are sweating, its not water you need to drink, you need electrolytes, so either get some electrolyte powder to mix in your water or drink gatorade

• Like 1
5 hours ago, feralfreak said:

...with how much you are sweating, its not water you need to drink, you need electrolytes, so either get some electrolyte powder to mix in your water or drink gatorade

I still would suggest water to drink rather than some manmade concoction. You are correct in that @FretaBWet is not only loosing water in the sweat, but there is more added junk that she doesn't need in the manmade supplements. She is partially urinating out her skin. That is why the diapers are dry and padding breaking up. A better product to drink would be salt water to replace the salt levels in her body, but that is also as insane as drinking gatorade or a manmade supplement. If she continues to drink water, she will replace the fluids. In a medical environment, NaCl 0.9% (salt water) is given via I.V. to replace lost fluids as it has been found the fastest way to 'perk up a paitent'. If her fluid level drops too much, she can take salt tablets - but with the midday break, I doubt if that is needed.

The loss of other chemicals will be replaced within 8-12 hours (or more depending on ones metabolic rate) as the system rebalances. All she has to watch is that she does not stay out in the sun too long. She already explained that - early morning working in shade until shade is gone, break during full sun exposure and back to work in the evenings until sunset where the sun is less intense. That mid work break is critical for bodily health, and I'd presume that she is smart enough to rehydrate during those hours, and prob. nap for a while.

It is almost as if you work in the marketing department of Gatorade! I would expect similar from europe in relation to Lucozade - another high energy high artificial sugar, high calorie drink that adds calories and is worse for the body in rebalancing its water levels than water alone. I recall the Carlsbeg commercial of a man in a desert with the quotes 'I'd fry an egg if I had an egg... I'd drink a Carlsberg if I had one" where most of us know that alcohol is a duretic = means will remove water etc. from the body.

In life, there is a rule of 3... 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food = death.

@feralfreakWe wanted to put on a metal roof, but we don't own the house. The owner bought shingles. We work with what we were given. We are taking good care of each other, most definitely staying hydrated and cooling off and resting when needed. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

Hugs,

Freta

That's quite a task!  Having done half of my own roof (had the other half done professionally) I know what a task it is, especially in hot weather!  Glad your wife's grandfather was able to help.  She must be a lot younger than you to still have a grandfather who can climb ladders and do roofing.  Both my grandfathers died when my parents were young.  Dad's father died when he was 9 and my mom's father died when she was 5.  Only grandparent I knew was my grandmother, an old German woman who passed away when I was 13.

• Like 1

@babykeiffwe mostly drink water all the time. We keep no sugery soft drinks in our home and if we do stop for fast food we get unsweetened ice tea. We keep unsweetened cranberry juice and orange juice in our fridge but we usually drink it with a meal so the sugar hits our system slower. My wife Lilrugrat has lost nearly 100 lbs. without dieting or removing any specific foods. She just increased her activity level, cut out all surgery drinks and eats everything, just in moderation. We are scheduled to donate blood today and I hope I don't get refused do to low hemoglobin or anything.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2

@rusty pins❤️❤️ there is a 38 year gap in our ages. Fretabwet is the generation of my grandparents and I am a generation inbetween her children and her grandchilden. The only time the age difference ever really comes up is when someone mistakes our relationship. 

• Like 1

@rusty pinsI just turned 70 last month, my wife Lilrugrat is 32. Her grandfather is around 5 years older than me. Most people live a certain way based on how other people their age act. I don’t do that, If I can do something I do it. For most adults, getting called out for being or acting childish is an insult, I don’t take it that way. I only had 1 grandparent, my maternal grandmother, the other 3 passed before I was 1. But I was very fortunate that she lived with us growing up.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1
3 hours ago, babykeiff said:

I still would suggest water to drink rather than some manmade concoction. You are correct in that @FretaBWet is not only loosing water in the sweat, but there is more added junk that she doesn't need in the manmade supplements. She is partially urinating out her skin. That is why the diapers are dry and padding breaking up. A better product to drink would be salt water to replace the salt levels in her body, but that is also as insane as drinking gatorade or a manmade supplement. If she continues to drink water, she will replace the fluids. In a medical environment, NaCl 0.9% (salt water) is given via I.V. to replace lost fluids as it has been found the fastest way to 'perk up a paitent'. If her fluid level drops too much, she can take salt tablets - but with the midday break, I doubt if that is needed.

The loss of other chemicals will be replaced within 8-12 hours (or more depending on ones metabolic rate) as the system rebalances. All she has to watch is that she does not stay out in the sun too long. She already explained that - early morning working in shade until shade is gone, break during full sun exposure and back to work in the evenings until sunset where the sun is less intense. That mid work break is critical for bodily health, and I'd presume that she is smart enough to rehydrate during those hours, and prob. nap for a while.

It is almost as if you work in the marketing department of Gatorade! I would expect similar from europe in relation to Lucozade - another high energy high artificial sugar, high calorie drink that adds calories and is worse for the body in rebalancing its water levels than water alone. I recall the Carlsbeg commercial of a man in a desert with the quotes 'I'd fry an egg if I had an egg... I'd drink a Carlsberg if I had one" where most of us know that alcohol is a duretic = means will remove water etc. from the body.

In life, there is a rule of 3... 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food = death.

i dont work for anyone, i just dont want anyones electrolytes to get low, ive seen what happens with mom when hers drops(most of the time, off balance, in severe cases, afib), so i use to get her gatorade zero, ive had mine drop before(wondering if it might have caused a silent mi, but wouldnt know, never said anything or showed anything, kept it to myself), not for sweating but still dropping, i dont know anyone that will measure out the right mix for salt water, something with flavor is likely to be more popular.

42 minutes ago, FretaBWet said:

@babykeiffwe mostly drink water all the time. We keep no sugery soft drinks in our home and if we do stop for fast food we get unsweetened ice tea. We keep unsweetened cranberry juice and orange juice in our fridge but we usually drink it with a meal so the sugar hits our system slower. My wife Lilrugrat has lost nearly 100 lbs. without dieting or removing any specific foods. She just increased her activity level, cut out all surgery drinks and eats everything, just in moderation. We are scheduled to donate blood today and I hope I don't get refused do to low hemoglobin or anything.

Hugs,

Freta

You might be refused depending on how long this task to taking (days - weeks rather than hours). It is OK to loose weight in moderation as our normal diet includes to much fat and artifical sugars (including the low sugar/ aspertme (artifical sweeteners) food). It is almost impossible, unless one choses to eat only grass, to avoid processed junk in the diet, but I respect you for trying- after all, God loves a trier. In relation to the weight loss, it is not the fat around ones belly etc that is the issue usually, it is the fat in ones organs especially the liver, as that blocks the processing of sugars and can lead to complications including diabetes. So, the work that is causing you to sweat is actually good for you - in moderation, as long as you are taking the relevant breaks from sun exposure, which you said you are. It allows the body to recover to an extent, however, full recovery normally takes a few weeks, something that might be detected within the blood. The normal IBTS tests for active virus' and hyperactivity in the immune system. These really should be an issue with you considering that you may be overtired, but can give some a false positive.  

3 minutes ago, feralfreak said:

i dont work for anyone, i just dont want anyones electrolytes to get low, ive seen what happens with mom when hers drops(most of the time, off balance, in severe cases, afib), so i use to get her gatorade zero, ive had mine drop before(wondering if it might have caused a silent mi, but wouldnt know, never said anything or showed anything, kept it to myself), not for sweating but still dropping, i dont know anyone that will measure out the right mix for salt water, something with flavor is likely to be more popular.

I didn't think that you work for Gastorade etc. It is that your response to someone overworking and sweating is like 'increase electrolytes'. That is true if one is training for an endurance sport, but there, it is a lot more clinically controlled. Standard excercise / work that casues one to sweat usually does not need a boost of chemicals to recover, and most chemical cocktails for those people are more damaging than helpful. Your own mother seems to have an associated liver issue that prevents her from processing and recovering from excercise that causes her electrolytes etc to drop. I would also presume that your mother has a form of diabetes which restricts her ability to process sugars. Following those presumptions, it would be understandable that Gastorade and/or other OTC 'boost' drinks have been prescribed for her by a medical team who are fully aware of her needs.

In relation to your levels dropping, I suggest that you get that addressed by a medical team. You may have something similar to your mother - as there is a possibility that you inherited the same issue.

In relation to flavour, and humans demand for it - the flavour we crave is sugar. Everything else is just window dressing. Unfortunately, advertisers & food producers know this, and increase the sugar/artifical sugar content of an item to entice us to crave it. The problem is that the item that is high in sugar usually has little to no 'substance' or value to it... and that saps our energy and causes us to crave more of the product with the sugar. Unless one is smart, it is very easy to get into that death spiral.

There was an experiment partially shown in a 2004 film 'Super Size Me' where Morgan Spurlock spent 30 days eating only meals from McDonalds. During that time, his health deteroriated to almost critical levels. It took 14 months under nutritianal expert care to bring him back to normality. Yes, McD and all fast food meals are nice to eat, but one can't live on them as it will kill you.

12 minutes ago, babykeiff said:

I didn't think that you work for Gastorade etc. It is that your response to someone overworking and sweating is like 'increase electrolytes'. That is true if one is training for an endurance sport, but there, it is a lot more clinically controlled. Standard excercise / work that casues one to sweat usually does not need a boost of chemicals to recover, and most chemical cocktails for those people are more damaging than helpful. Your own mother seems to have an associated liver issue that prevents her from processing and recovering from excercise that causes her electrolytes etc to drop. I would also presume that your mother has a form of diabetes which restricts her ability to process sugars. Following those presumptions, it would be understandable that Gastorade and/or other OTC 'boost' drinks have been prescribed for her by a medical team who are fully aware of her needs.

In relation to your levels dropping, I suggest that you get that addressed by a medical team. You may have something similar to your mother - as there is a possibility that you inherited the same issue.

In relation to flavour, and humans demand for it - the flavour we crave is sugar. Everything else is just window dressing. Unfortunately, advertisers & food producers know this, and increase the sugar/artifical sugar content of an item to entice us to crave it. The problem is that the item that is high in sugar usually has little to no 'substance' or value to it... and that saps our energy and causes us to crave more of the product with the sugar. Unless one is smart, it is very easy to get into that death spiral.

There was an experiment partially shown in a 2004 film 'Super Size Me' where Morgan Spurlock spent 30 days eating only meals from McDonalds. During that time, his health deteroriated to almost critical levels. It took 14 months under nutritianal expert care to bring him back to normality. Yes, McD and all fast food meals are nice to eat, but one can't live on them as it will kill you.

my mom is a diabetic, has to take insulin and many many many times i had to help her when her sugar dropped(every day for a month december/january), she might have fatty liver, i dont remember, but part of why her electrolytes got low was a med she was prescribed, lasics (cant spell it right), its potassium wasting, she kinda stopped taking it, only takes it when she thinks she needs to for swelling, but sometimes it will still drop, especially if she has to run to the toilet(intestinal issues, including one of many diverticulitis flareups, she is schedualed to have her diverticulum removed in early november, she is an intermediate to high risk because of her heart, 2 of the 3 grafts she has from bypass surgery are 100 percent blocked, she is getting eecp now, hoping to lower that to risk a bit, and get more energy and ability to do SOMETHING), as for me i aint getting anything checked, dropped because of diet, for a while i was sick and tired of eating, it took a lot just to make myself get up and fix a damn hotdog, i get like that sometimes, tired of even looking at food, and i went maybe a week or 2 of just eating 1 or 2 hotdogs a day, not counting my 2 pepsis or 1 and a pepsi fountain drink, and 2 glasses of milk, , if something takes me out ill call it a praise Jesus, because ill be standing before Him, when i got 3 stings from yellow jackets i hid one of the symptoms from her, pain in my upper left chest, she would have made me start seeing a damn gp and cardiologist, i aint having that.

32 minutes ago, feralfreak said:

my mom is a diabetic, has to take insulin and many many many times i had to help her when her sugar dropped(every day for a month december/january), she might have fatty liver, i dont remember, but part of why her electrolytes got low was a med she was prescribed, lasics (cant spell it right), its potassium wasting, she kinda stopped taking it, only takes it when she thinks she needs to for swelling, but sometimes it will still drop, especially if she has to run to the toilet(intestinal issues, including one of many diverticulitis flareups, she is schedualed to have her diverticulum removed in early november, she is an intermediate to high risk because of her heart, 2 of the 3 grafts she has from bypass surgery are 100 percent blocked, she is getting eecp now, hoping to lower that to risk a bit, and get more energy and ability to do SOMETHING), as for me i aint getting anything checked, if something takes me out ill call it a praise Jesus, because ill be standing before Him, when i got 3 stings from yellow jackets i hid one of the symptoms from her, pain in my upper left chest, she would have made me start seeing a damn gp and cardiologist, i aint having that.

My father, as well as all my uncles have diabetes. My father aged 94 now, is dealing with it since he was 45 with diet alone. My other uncles (younger and older than him) all got it at around 45-50. Out of the six of them in the family, only one is still alive apart from my father. They all let it progress to the stage that they were taking insulin etc. My father is the second oldest in his family. Since my mother never had diabetes, I have a 33% risk of getting it. If my mother had it, I would have a 66% chance of getting it.

In relation to you, I would suspect that you might have a greater than 50% chance of getting diabetes via inheritance, and is something that if it were me, I personally, would want to find out. You have seen your own mothers sugar and electrolyte levels drop, as well as your own electrolytes drop. That, to me, would be warning signs. Althouth you may not value your own life, you do have freinds here that do value you and your contributions.

Surgery is usually the last ditch attempt to cut out what is causing problems. Diabetes in some start with watching diet, then to blood issues and the removal of limbs (toes, feet, lower legs etc), and the loss of sight due to tunnel vision progressing to total blindness. Other issues include internal problems such as OAB, overflow and then bowel leakage to total incontinence plus intestinal issues. By the time death occurs, most of the person is already burried / cut off courtesy of the surgeon. All this can be avoided by changing ones diet to control ones sugar intake. The body is a master at adapting. Unfortunately, stubborness is part of the human brain. 

B.T.W. Diabetes is caused by an issue in the liver where fatty deposits block certain receptors that are responsible for controlling sugar balance. This goes wild since the body craves sugars and the food industry lace foods with artifical and real sugars.

15 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

She laughed when she had my attention and shrew something white at me. It was a little clump of Fluff and sap from my diaper lol. I guess it was falling out of my shorts and I was leaving a trail. I don't thing her grandfather noticed but I went right in and changed.

I've had this happen a couple of times - lots of times some fluff or SAP might stick to me, but in terms of it coming out, once I went for a long walk with the dog in a diaper I'd worn while cutting the lawn and doing some strenuous outdoor stuff, and then I was walking home and started feeling something tickling my legs - it felt like light rain... nope, my diaper was disgorging a light sprinkling of fluff, like a gentle winter snowfall. I had to walk the rest of the way home, hoping that it wasn't obvious, and then run in and get changed. 

And, only a few weeks ago, I tore my diaper against the dog's crate as I was squeezing between it and our closet door, and suddenly felt damp fluff cascading down the back of my legs. My first thought was, crap, I need to clean this up so the dog doesn't eat it, but, I needed to get the damn diaper off, because when I walked back to see where the fluff had landed, once I realized what was going on, of course, I dropped more fluff. The dog was up on the bed and not paying attention, so I ran into the shower stall and dropped the diaper, then, I grabbed a bottle of sanitizing cleanser, and gave the bathroom floor a quick clean where I'd trailed fluff. I took a quick shower. 

Well, apparently, cleaning SAP with Lysol results in a coefficient of friction equal to that of greased ice, because when I stepped out of the shower, I basically did a summersault and landed on the floor with a crash that caused my whole family to ask if I was okay (through the door, thankfully). "I'm fine, I'm fine... nothing to see here..."

I put a new diaper on and then went out to clean the fluff off of the bedroom floor - the dog had not, thankfully, eaten any of it, although I assume it's nontoxic, since as a society we strap bags of it to our infants and toddlers on a daily basis...

1 minute ago, babykeiff said:

How did this occur... or was it woof on you 😋

Sorry, typed that fast, and left out the comma - "Went for a walk with the dog, while I was in a diaper..." would have been the better way to say it. Although I did once cut a tail hole in a diaper and put it on the dog as a Halloween costume. Didn't last long! 

1 minute ago, Little Sherri said:

Sorry, typed that fast, and left out the comma - "Went for a walk with the dog, while I was in a diaper..." would have been the better way to say it. Although I did once cut a tail hole in a diaper and put it on the dog as a Halloween costume. Didn't last long! 

@Little Sherri, I'm only teasing you. A dog in a diaper is usually not a good idea in most cases. In one view, it is a little rough and yoou won't fit also. In the other view, the dog doesn't like it.

I know that there are dog diapers, and my younger brother diapered his old dog due to continence issues. However, due to the ability of a dog to get to its own butt with its teeth, a full diaper didn't last long on the dog and the cleanup was usually worse than any leakage would be as the dog would throw the diaper away where it hit a wall or something.

I've been in the same situations both while out and being showered with SAP and fluff down my legs AND while at home, the back of my diaper split while bending down to pick up something resulting in snow and SAP all over the place. I tend to use a vacuum cleaner to get it up as this type of stuff on a bathroom floor tends to stick and hide until a little water finds it and turns the bathroom tiles into an ice rink. Not good stepping out of a shower - worse stepping in with a full and messy diaper - the crash results in force being placed on the full diaper causing same to explode and a whole different story. 🤔

32 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

I assume it's nontoxic

There is two contradicting theories to this - one scientific field proves it's toxic while the other proves it is not. I'd still not like to add it to my / my childs or any animals diet - yet stray dogs and cats tear bins and eat some of it. I'd hate to see what it does inside the body considering that it expands 300-500 times its original size and absorbs 500+ times in original weight of liquid. In the stomach, it would absorb the pure acid and burn its way down until excreted.

On 10/2/2023 at 3:01 AM, LilRugrat said:

@LilRugrat, Little Bunny Rugrat, hopping of the roofing, scooping up the fluffyness, and hiding it from her gramps... and where is the Good Fairy🤪

• Haha 1