LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Walk Into the Unknown: A Diaper Dimension Story (Chapter 25 - Complete)

This isn't the longest chapter, but this was originally supposed to be merged with the one after this. That being said, combined, the chapter was getting too unwieldy, so I split it up. The next chapter should be posted tomorrow, but I'm sure everyone will understand why I split up the way I did.

I also just want to thank everyone for their likes and comments. They mean a lot and give me a welcomed ego boost and guidance on what I should write next. 

I hope everyone enjoys this next chapter! 

Chapter 8: Oddities at the Fair

The next week followed very much the same pattern as the week before had, but Bruce and Dr. Halgen had created a thorough plan to get him healthy once more. New morning physical therapy sessions worked to build his muscles back up and stretch out his tendons. Afternoon group therapy sessions had uncovered some nasty truths about the group and their pasts in dealing with their previous diagnoses, but in some strange and perhaps macabre way, it had only brought most of the group closer together.  

Terra was still too deep with her Alzheimer’s and Darren still seemed very distant, but Cara, Ian, Quentin, and Patrick would occasionally still meet at night to unwind. Understanding that it was helping each of them, Addy had gotten it officially approved by Dr. Halgen after some convincing. Understandably, Patrick’s appreciation for her attention to things like that had only grown. Plus, the spasms had only continued with his bladder, so moments like the other night weren’t exactly rare anymore…

Still, Patrick couldn’t worry about any of that right now. The addition of the new cushion to his wheelchair had only made him a more popular target with the more advanced Littles in the house. It didn’t take long for Eddy and the others to start begging to make it ‘even cooler.’ Patrick, despite the look he knew the further decorations would add to his already damaged image, reluctantly agreed. So, now, Eddy was nearby and gushing over the comic book images that adorned today’s covering of the wheelchair cushions.

“The E… eh… equi…” Eddy tried to make out as he eyed the superheroes adorning Patrick’s wheelchair while adding yet another sticker to one of the support bars below the right armrest.

“Equity?” Patrick asked, now trying to help his friend out.

“Yeah! Dat’s the one!” Eddy cheered. “Their alliance is so cool. Much better than that… other team.”

Patrick racked his brain for the other team’s actual name, and he remembered a previous conversation they had. Figuring out all these new superheroes was tough work after so many years of knowing only the ones back from his own dimension. “You mean…?”

“Shhh!” Eddy hushed Patrick while putting a finger up to his lips. “We don’ talk about dem. I told you that before! Remember or are you going all funny in your head?”

“Oh right. Sorry but not. I’m still me but I just forgot…” Patrick remembered more of that conversation now and made sure to better remember that one rule in the future to not mention that other superhero team.

“Dat’s okay, Pat!” Eddy beamed back, almost seemingly just forgetting about why he had been frustrated only moments ago. “You’re still learning. It takes time. You’ll get there.”

“I suppose you’re right,” Patrick admitted with some apprehension. Eddy’s group was seemingly further becoming entrenched as the Littles this society felt like they were. It was disquieting to see their downward progress firsthand, but Patrick was at least grateful that they all still seemed happy. They were still a bit annoying at times, but today, Patrick was glad for the distraction.

His heart rapidly beat as he remembered once again what today was. Dr. Halgen had informed them during group therapy yesterday that today would be the first day that they would be meeting their respective caregivers. Again, Patrick was apprehensive over their presence, being the one thing that he couldn’t really get an idea of before all this. Whatever your thoughts on if they would be useful or not, they simply didn’t exist in that capacity.

Eddy hummed away as he stuck a sticker of the Blur near the wheelchair’s left handlebar in the rear. Patrick’s mind swirled in chaos and knew he had to ask a Little that would tell him the truth no matter what, so, he just took a breath and went for it. “Eddy? I don’t know if you know… but today our potential caregivers are meeting us… our group I mean, for the first time.”

Eddy then ran around to the front of the chair and looked like Patrick had just announced that Santa Clause was coming soon just for him. “Really? I mean really, really? You’re not just jokin’, right?”

“No joke,” Patrick said, being almost comically more serious than his friend. “? Is that a… good thing? Or do I need to be careful?”

Eddy rapidly nodded his head to the first question but paused over the second. “Issa bit weird at first but then you find your right one and…” his eyes then almost rolled back into his head and then closed as a wide smile grew on his face, “there’s just nothing like it. Like Bradly and me. He’s just so super-duper awesome. I’m so lucky! He’s da best!” he gushed over the caregiver that Patrick had seen Eddy with the other day.

Patrick sighed. “How will I know? What if I’m no good, or worse… they’re no good?” Patrick asked nervously. “Will I be tossed out? Go to jail for contract violations…?”

“Just relax, buddy!” Eddy put his hand on Patrick’s resting arm to calm him down. It worked a little bit. “Most are awesome, but regardless, you’re usually pretty safe out there. You can always say no… but…”

“But what?” Patrick asked frantically as if Eddy was now holding the most vital piece of information for this whole situation.

“Uh… just dat…” Eddy twiddled his thumbs and rocked back and forth. “Jus… make sure you say no if you’re absolutely sure.”

Patrick was confused. “Why wouldn’t I be? Is there a consequence or something?”

“No…” Eddy continued to shuffle around. “I…”

The front doors then burst open from the front hallway nearby. Dr. Halgen quickly appeared in the living room where Patrick and the others from his group had been waiting. “Everyone! Come quick. They’re here!”

Patrick didn’t like the way she had suddenly become so enthusiastic and desperately wanted to know what Eddy was going to say, but he knew it was too late now. Eddy just terrifyingly mouthed ‘be careful’ and then left the room. With a sigh and realization that it was too late now for whatever he was going to fully say, he then just waved goodbye to Eddy and followed the others into the front hall.

Dr. Halgen then popped up in the middle of the room from her office and cleared her throat in front of the crowd of the six Littles, and more shockingly, six Bigs. Patrick quickly realized that there was a single Big for each of the Littles, including him, in the group. “Thank you all for coming today.” Dr. Halgen then smiled in the Big group’s direction specifically. “These Littles are the ones you all will be meeting today.” She gestured toward us. “Say hello everyone.”

The group hesitated but after a little subtle coaxing from Dr. Halgen, the Littles all said “Hello” in a bit of a muffled and reluctant unison. The Bigs only giggled a bit at the group’s hesitant, rebellious, or shy response.

Dr. Halgen seemed less amused, but then just smiled back at the Bigs. Considering this side was all just more of a business, he realized that Dr. Halgen was putting on a show for them. “Yes… well, as you can see, they are all still pretty new to all this. In fact, you all have the honor of being the first to see them. This may be a challenge, but the better and more impressive Big might be able to sweep them off their feet before any of the other selected candidates. There are at least four others, so use this time wisely.”

The group of Bigs then murmured amongst themselves and Patrick just wanted to hide from the looks they were all giving his group. It wasn’t necessarily threatening, but it also felt like a bunch of kids admiring their next new acquisition for their collection back home.

After a moment, the chatter died down and Dr. Halgen spoke back up. “It seems you all are ready to meet your prospective Little. When I call your name, I’ll pair you with your Little and you all may go around the grounds, or if you wish and with our permission, you may take them off these grounds.”

The group of Bigs nodded and after a few were paired up, Dr. Halgen called for a ‘Redge Burton’ to step forward. Like most of the rarer males of the Big race these days, Redge was a shade under 12 feet tall. He sported a fit physique and dressed in a comfortable but presentable manner. Upon seeing Patrick, he caught a gleam in his eye of some kind.

Patrick was surprised that Redge was a candidate at all considering the male and female ratios amongst their society, but he at least didn’t seem threatening.

Later, after a few introductions out back, Redge started to try and get to know Patrick better. For his part, Patrick held his guard up admirably, but Redge could tell. “Look, buddy. I don’t want to hurt you. I know you got injured a while back and I know that’s a tough road to go down, but you’re here now. You can have some fun. I can help you do that.”

Patrick looked up at the Big offering him a chance at something that seemed too good to pass up. Unlike some of the other Bigs he had met, Redge at least didn’t seem to have an agenda or any predisposed plans for him. Patrick had heard of some Bigs treating their Littles more like preschoolers than babies or toddlers and Redge seemed to be fitting that mold so far. He didn’t want to get his hopes up for the possibility of a better life than most Littles, so he decided to play a long a bit. “Okay… I can try for that, but what did you have in mind?”

Redge smiled and let out a huge palpable sigh of relief as he ran his fingers through his dark blonde hair. “Whew. You had me worried there for a second. I know us Bigs can be a bit… intense, but some of the stories in the news lately… yikes. You Littles can be a bit intense as well.”

Patrick smiled and liked that this Big seemed to have a healthy level of fear and maybe even respect for Littles. So far, he seemed to be ticking all the boxes that Patrick had secretly hoped for when he realized this required part of the deal. “Yeah… we can be. Don’t worry about me though. All good and not crazy at all.”

Redge laughed. “I’m glad to hear that.” He then stood up. “Let me go ask Dr. Halgen if we can get out of here and have some fun… that is if you still want to…” He then smiled playfully back at Patrick.

Patrick was nervous about the idea of leaving this place, but there was just something about Redge that put him at ease. “Absolutely.”

Redge smiled in satisfaction and then scampered off. Minutes later, Patrick was getting wheeled out to the front roundabout where he had been dropped off by the bus initially. There, just outside the front porch, stood six cars and Redge casually walked over to a sporty gray SUV. Patrick then realized though that he was still sadly stuck in his wheelchair. “So… uh… can you do a thing for a wheelchair?”

Redge then smiled once more, but oddly, this one felt more mischievous. Patrick wasn’t sure what it meant, but Redge just let out a tiny laugh. “I’ve got something you can use where we’re going that’s like what you’ve got now… and it’s not covered in stickers.”

Patrick blushed over the appearance of his chair and for now, just allowed Redge to pick him up and put him in a booster seat in the rear of his car. Dr. Halgen had warned the group of that particular law last night, but Patrick didn’t mind at this point. If a booster seat was the price for some freedom from this place and away from all his troubles, then that’s what it would take.

Satisfied with the security of Patrick’s seat and buckling him in, Redge returned to the front and turned on his car. The next thirty minutes were purely filled with a nice selection of local Big music which Patrick discovered he actually liked. Redge also filled the time with getting to know him better and Patrick couldn’t help but feel wanted in the moment. It wasn’t anything romantic by any means, but the way Redge talked, Patrick couldn’t help but feel that Redge would be that cool type of uncle character.

By the time Redge parked the car on the grassy field, Patrick felt very happy. Redge messed about with something from the trunk and then wheeled whatever it was over to the side door, before opening it. A moment later, Redge reached in and unbuckled the Little-proof buckles and hoisted Patrick back out of the car. The ‘wheelchair’ before them was not what Patrick had in mind. In less than a second, the good feeling he had about Redge vanished.

In front of him stood what could only be described as a cross between a wheelchair, as he had said, but also a… stroller. “What. Is. That?” Patrick asked, closely eyeing the tall backrest and the pouch in between the four small wheels underneath the seat. It had the handles in the back to be pushed and the footholds in the front, but it also just had… more.

“It’s called a cruiser,” Redge replied casually and with some enthusiasm. “Don’t you like it? I was told it was actually very comfortable.”

Patrick just continued to blink at the object in front of him. Even if it was comfortable, it still felt too weird even just to look at. Plus, one of the most worrisome things about it that Patrick couldn’t stop looking at were the straps. Two small straps were near the feet, but a four-point, and what looked to be a locked harness, took up most of the blue backrest.

“It’s the straps, right?” Redge asked after a moment of silence. Patrick only slowly nodded while still in Redge’s arms.

Redge then sighed heavily. “I knew it. I had a bad feeling about them, but they came with the cruiser. They aren’t necessary and I can’t take them off, but how about this? You sit in this chair without buckling the straps and if you are absolutely miserable, I’ll see if they have a rental wheelchair here that I can purchase for a small fee.”

Redge had chosen his words well. Patrick knew deep down that he would need to select a caregiver and even coming close to pissing the first one off by not being grateful didn’t seem like the best way to go to win anyone over. Patrick then shrugged and sighed. “Yeah… we can do that. Not a fan but I’ll go along with your plan.”

Redge grinned widely and then plopped Patrick easily into the seat. After, Patrick was so distracted by getting comfortable in the chair and trying to forget about the harness restraints or that the cruiser looked like a stroller, that he didn’t look at what Redge was doing.

Quickly and quietly, Redge had soon plopped a bag underneath the cruiser and then spoke back up. “All ready there, buddy?”

Patrick nodded with a heaviness in the pit of his stomach. “Let’s do this.”

The next few minutes were some of the most terrifying that Patrick had yet to experience so far in his life. Being wheelchair-bound for the past five years, he was used to most individuals towering over him, but this dimension felt like something else.

Most Bigs were easily ten or so feet tall and unlike the staff at the Psyche house, no one bent down more to better accommodate his shorter stature. It must have played havoc with their lower backs, but Patrick had never felt so grateful to them until now. Additionally, most of the Bigs who saw him sitting in the cruiser had started to give him some very uncomfortable looks. Patrick was pretty sure that a few of them could be detained by police back in his world for looking at a child or even Little like that, but this was an entirely different world and dimension. Scenes like that were just passed off as Big hormones acting up around a Little.

“Two tickets, please?” Redge finally asked when they got in. “One Big and one Little… the R type, please?”

The woman handing out tickets quickly looked at Patrick but then just shrugged and gave Redge two differently colored wristbands.

Once out of the way and putting on their bands, Patrick wondered what ‘R type’ truly meant. “What was the ‘R type’ that you requested for me?”

Redge looked stunned for a moment but then simply smiled. “Oh. That just means a portal Little. Discounted tickets and all. They want you to come back but they know your time may be limited here.”

“Ah…” Patrick wasn’t sure if he believed Redge on that explanation or not, but once Redge had pushed the cruiser through the crowds once more, he didn’t have time to dwell much more on his light blue wristband, emblazoned on one side with a large ‘R.’

Soon though, the Big and Little were wading through a line as they ate their typical fair food. Redge had selected a burger, but Patrick had opted for a corndog, one easily almost two feet long from the tip of the stick to the end of the breaded casing. “Thanks for the corndog. It’s actually pretty good.”

Redge smiled contentedly. “No problem and I’m glad you like it.” He then paused and the line moved forward a little bit. “Oh! We’re next. You excited?”

Patrick looked at the large octopus-like creature in front of him. He had seen something like this before back home where it would take a two-seater car in groups of three on each of at least three arms and then spin you around and take you a little into the air at different angles. He had been going on that type of ride since he was in elementary school, and now, in some case of irony he supposed, he was going on the kiddie version once more.

Patrick just shook his head in slight disbelief over what they considered the adult version though. It was twice as big, twice as fast, and had a large demon head pop out of the center and laugh sinisterly. It bore a goofy smile, but a pit of fear still crept into Patrick’s stomach. Soon however, the two pushed their way onto the ride as the previous riders exited to the rear.

Redge easily helped him out of the cruiser and placed him inside the car before buckling him tightly in after they got to their designated ride vehicle. Once satisfied, Redge moved his chair to the side and got in next to Patrick. If both had been Bigs, it would have been a tight fit. “Nervous?” Redge asked as he did up his own restraints.

“Maybe a little bit… haven’t done one of these since… well… you know, but I used to do these all the time.” Patrick exhaled a large breath. “I should be good.” He tried to sound confident, but once again, he felt that gnawing sensation in his stomach.

Redge, unaware of Patrick’s feeling, just smiled and held his fist out for a classic fist bump. Patrick obliged him, despite his uneasy feeling, and smiled back. “There’s my brave little buddy,” Redge then practically cooed.

The wording felt strange suddenly, and Patrick just sat back in his seat while he rolled all that had just been said around in his head. The ride started to move, and Patrick quickly realized that it was more than just the wording… it was the way that Redge had actually said it. In some odd way, it almost felt as if Redge had been talking to a little kid. Patrick decided to let it go though and rationalized that Redge wouldn’t take it any further than that. When one is trapped on a ride with someone much bigger than them, maintaining the peace by giving that someone the benefit of the doubt would seem like the only wise thing to do.

The ride spun faster and faster and Patrick momentarily forgot about what Redge had said. Everything was a blur and Patrick even felt a joy that he had rarely known for years. The good weather and finally finding a group of friends that he could talk to back home hadn’t hurt his mood either today. Redge was a bit weird, but Patrick also supposed that normalcy around here was all relative.

The ride soon stopped though and Redge got out first and wheeled the cruiser back over. “Okay, champ. Let’s just get you all situated inside.”

Patrick was shot back to reality though and fumed again at Redge’s words and the childish demeanor that he had adopted, but once again let it go. Unfortunately for Patrick, once the cruiser started to roll away and beyond the ride, something else began to let go. “Oh… oh no.”

Redge immediately stopped and hurried over to the front. “What’s wrong, buddy? Are you okay?”

Patrick didn’t want to admit it, but a quick glance down to his shorts easily revealed a steadily growing stain over the lower portion of his crotch which was also then steadily cascading down his legs. Patrick could only sit there and whimper.

For his part, Redge just watched the stain grow and then cease. There was an odd pause afterward between the Big and Little. Patrick was in a state of shock, but Redge… Patrick couldn’t place the look. That being said though, a minute later though, a smile grew across Redge’s face. “Aww, that’s okay little one. Sometimes little boys just can’t make it to the potty. Guess we’re going to need to take care of that, huh?” Without another word, Redge then began to push Patrick away.

Patrick felt mortified that he was so exposed out here in public, and Redge wasn’t helping matter at all. His smile almost seemed like one of satisfaction, and with a growing sense of dread, Patrick could the pit in his stomach once more.

Redge then stopped pushing for a moment and Patrick looked up to see where they were. “Oh no…” Above the two of them was a medium-sized building, but emblazoned in clear and bold letters, advertised ‘Changing Station.’ As if to confirm Patrick’s worst fears, a heavy-set woman soon exited the building holding her Little, who just happened to only be wearing a t-shirt and an impossibly thick and colorful diaper.

• Like 16
  • LostBBoyBear changed the title to A Walk Into the Unknown: A Diaper Dimension Story (Chapter 8 - 02 October)

Oh no. I bet because, I'm guessing, the Big is shorter then average that he's compensating by trying to be the daddy that he has constructed in his mind. He might even believe that this Little wants to be treated this way. Now I'm curious to what limitations he has or boundaries he's not supposed to cross and if he crosses them. He might even try to kidnap him. I know he signed a contract so now I'm even more curious as to what are in the contract that these caregivers sign.

I think he's in big trouble 

Very enjoyable chapter! 
Well Patrick has some decisions to make and these are big life changing decisions. He knows that Redge is going to want to treat him like a very little boy at a minimum.  So does he go with that for the rest of the 5 years or does he pass on Redge and take his dwindling chances on another caregiver? I think that if I were in his shoes I would take the risk on another caregiver and pass on Redge. While his chances might be better in the long run to go with a guy, someone who wants a boy to go throw a ball with and take hunting and fishing with. He knows that really isn’t Redge. Should the next caregiver be a woman, it could actually be worse with the babying. But then he might also be able to convince a woman that he is a big boy and is capable of being more independent. Plus he could still get another guy and have a much better chance of it being one that wants a boy not a baby. 
These chapters have been coming quick and I love as well as truly appreciate that. I am always ready for more. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Pierry Louys said:

Question his name is Derek or redge? Because in some parts says redge and others say Derek! And Patrick gonna learn some downsides to have a accidents with bigs watching you !! Hope he gets pull-ups at least 

Yeah. That's a big oops on my part. His name is Redge, but it was originally Derek. Thanks for spotting that and it's been changed now. 

• Like 1

First and foremost, this chapter may be a bit triggering to some of you. As you may have guessed, Redge is not one of the good Bigs. I really wanted to create someone for everyone to hate to show just how bad things could be, and I realized that Redge was the perfect character to do that. Like this society, he is beautiful and alluring form the outside, but deep within, there is something that is just wrong. If anyone feels this chapter is too much for them to handle, feel free to message me, and I can give you the bullet points of what happens. I would love everyone to continue reading all this, but I would rather someone get the cliff notes of a single chapter than to stop reading all together. 

Now, this is definitely one of my longer chapters, but I felt I needed that room to cap off this nightmare in a way that didn't seem jilted or abbreviated. This chapter also concludes the ending of part II. That being said, I am trying to write as much as I can for the next part, but there may be some further delays than this last part. Some important scenes are coming up for the rest of the story and I don't want to rush or cheapen them. Stay tuned for more updates.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys (or can at least endure) this next chapter! I promise, better days are ahead for Patrick. 

Chapter 9: Now, Hush

Feelings of anxiety once protected humanity from the snake under the rock or the tiger in the jungle, but in recent times, those same feelings could have been attributed to the person breaking in front of you at the last minute on the highway or asking your crush out to coffee. As a result, those feelings could often be set aside or even totally ignored. In this same vein, Patrick had ignored the pit gnawing away at his stomach with Redge’s odd and slightly frustrating actions previously, but now, they were standing outside the last building that he ever wanted to enter.

Redge patted Patrick’s shoulder, and then pushed the cruiser into the building labeled, ‘Changing Station.’ Of course, there were a pair of restrooms on the left and right side, but situated in the middle was a single large room that served as one of the two changing facilities at the fair. Redge mischievously smiled at how everything was coming together so perfectly and pushed Patrick on through.

Inside, Patrick’s heart dropped. Before him, were three obvious mommies, all of whom attended diligently to their own Littles. Unlike Patrick though, each Little seemed highly regressed in their own ways. More worryingly though, each wore the same bracelet that he now wore himself and that he had previously questioned. Of course, to top every horrifying aspect of this moment though, Patrick could see the blonde boy’s eyes were wide and unfocused, the brown-haired girl bore several scars all around her major joints and tendons, and the redhead girl just laid back on the changing table and only spastically twitched every once in a while.

Redge stopped pushing the cruiser as he neared one of the unoccupied changing stations. “Hello, ladies. Mind if I take care of my little guy here?”

Patrick wanted to protest immediately but Redge was too sneaky and quick for the slower reflexes of a wheelchair bound Little. Before Patrick could get out more than a single syllable, Redge lunged forward and planted a pacifier into his open mouth and squeezed on the bulb four times. Not being used to the immense pressure from the punishment pacifier as it filled his mouth and stretched open his jaw, Patrick screamed but his sounds now just came off as mostly muffled and practically ignored protests.

“Sorry about him,” Redge apologized to the other mommies. “New arrival and all. Doesn’t know his place yet, but he’s already ahead on his crawling skills I would imagine.”

“Oh, the poor dear,” one of the ladies said, obviously noticing the cruiser and Patrick’s weakened legs.

“Yes, but the little fella just had himself an accident. No more training pants for him,” Redge continued in an almost sing-song way. Satisfaction and eagerness dripped hauntingly off his voice.

Patrick screamed as loud as he could, but the punishment pacifier was too effective at its job. There was some talk of banning this version in most part of Libertalia, due to the medical problems that occur from its abuse, but it hadn’t passed the oversight committee yet and thus was still considered an essential item in Little ‘care’ for several Bigs.  

“Now, hush,” Redge commanded firmly as he slightly swatted Patrick’s thigh. Patrick reduced his screams to mere whimpers. “That’s enough out of you for one day, pacifier gag in or not.” Redge just wickedly smiled more at Patrick’s growing saddened expression and then just quickly picked him up and set him on the free changing table before the two of them. Within a second, he opted to use the four-point restraining harness around Patrick’s body and secured him tightly to the table. In an act of desperation in trying to prevent what was to come, Patrick swung to hit Redge, but Redge’s quick movements dodged the blow and only used the momentum to strap down both Patrick’s wrists up by his head in seconds as well.

Redge cruelly smiled at his handiwork and then brought the bag that Patrick had neglected to see earlier out from underneath the cruiser. “Let’s see,” he said looking into the large blue bag. “Aha!” Redge then retrieved several items that Patrick horrifyingly realized were diaper changing supplies. Next, Redge then pulled out a clear bag and two outfits and turned around to face the other mommies. “Ladies, can I get your opinion on these? Which do you think little Patty here should wear?”

Patrick tried to struggle but it was all in vain. Before him and being shown to the ladies were two outfits. One was a striped onesie and a pair of shortalls, complete with a snap crotch and a large cartoonish lamb appliqué on the front bib. The other was a simple pair of jeans and a black shirt with the words ‘cutie pie’ emblazoned above a slice of pie that bore a cute pair of eyes and smile. It was creepy to Patrick, but he knew that all caregivers would have only gushed over the design.

“Oh my god!” Both are so precious!” “The first!” “No, the second!” The three women talked so fast that Patrick could barely make out what they were saying, but after a few moments of debates over which would be cuter, more practical, or easier to put on a new Little, the three women chose the second option before returning to their own complacent and regressed Littles.

Redge then turned back around and held the outfit up while smiling wickedly as if he was a serial killer ready to make his first slice. Patrick wanted more than anything to run or scream now, but luck was not on his side today. “I’m sure you heard,” Redge started up, “but we’re going for option two. Now, just lay back and let me do my work. I’m sure an icky pair of underwear is so uncomfortable, right baby?”

Patrick wanted to beat Redge into a bloody pulp by now, but as his would-be tormentor began to strip his clothing off, Patrick chose the next best thing to do and distracted himself as much as he could from what was going on below his waist.

If Redge had gone about this whole thing slightly differently, things might have been very different between the two right now. The simple fact was that Patrick was having more and more frequent accidents. His training pants were effective but only to a certain point. As depressing as it was, Patrick had almost resigned himself to a life that included diapers for the foreseeable future, especially considering what Matilda had told him about Psyche the other week and that he was less than a month into a five-year stretch. Still though, Redge hadn’t asked for his consent as mandated by Patrick’s contract with Psyche, had strapped him down, and was now... ‘Oh!’

Patrick was suddenly enveloped by a blast of cold wind over his wet lower nether regions. He didn’t want to watch any of this happen, but after that sudden shock unfortunately, he couldn’t help but glance down at the wrong moment. With delicate but sinister movements, right as he looked down, he saw Redge remove his soaked blue and green hippo themed training pants. From his vantage point, he knew he could whack Redge directly in the jaw with his foot from where it was now, but he also knew that Redge had all the power with how the rest of him was restrained. Plus, for all he knew, especially based on the screening process to weed out jerks like this with Littles in their program, Redge might have had an ‘in’ at the house or had another advantage that Patrick couldn’t see yet. No matter what though, Patrick couldn’t take the risk of him being wrong now and only making this situation worse. A quick glance over at the other Littles only verified how much worse he could end up, especially outside the protection of Psyche. He needed to just tough this part out and pray that he could escape him later at the right moment.

Feeling his legs being lifted, Patrick shut his eyes as fast as he could. Having been around a few of the other ‘more progressed’ Littles lately, he didn’t need to see anything to know that Redge was now thoroughly cleaning him off with a wet wipe and then placing his legs back down on a thick diaper. The crinkling was unimaginable, but the rear of the diaper rode up enough that Patrick could still feel the diaper being placed on him despite the lack of sensation below his waist. He couldn’t feel the bulk of what was now being placed under him, but once he was lowered fully for a moment, he could tell from the angle of his back just how much he was currently being lifted off the changing table.

Tears threatened to form in Patrick’s eyes, but he knew he had to remain strong. Vulnerable Littles were susceptible to all kinds of problems and the babytalk that Redge was now spouting was already intense enough to shatter his will.

“Oh, who’s a good Little, huh? Who’s my widdle munchkin? Why would someone so cute want to walk again? Daddy could just carry you around all day when you weren’t in your playpen or stroller.” It was all just cruel, and Patrick wondered if Redge really wanted to be a caregiver or if he was now just on some power trip. Still though, even through all his humiliating babytalk, it was nothing compared to the babyish smell of baby powder that Redge was now sprinkling all over.

Patrick coughed behind the pacifier from the dust cloud settling over him, but inside, he only screamed as loud as he could. He was helpless and couldn’t do anything… especially as Redge shifted his legs about once more and then set them down again. His mental barriers were proving effective, but Patrick wasn’t sure what Redge was doing anymore until he heard the sounds of two tapes being undone. Patrick’s eyes shot open as he distressingly saw Redge closing his new diaper now across his waist.

To further confirm the finish of the change though, Redge humiliatingly announced, “All done! My widdle baby boy was so good for me. I could just eat him up!” To Patrick’s horror, Redge then began to blow bubbles on his still-exposed tummy.

It took all of Patrick’s willpower, but he managed to not make a sound or give this pervert and assaulter the satisfaction of his reaction.

Redge frowned. “Very well. Be that way.” He glared at Patrick but slowly started to undo his restraints to put his childish clothing on.

Patrick realized that this was the moment he had been waiting for. Seeing the straps back in the cruiser, he knew that this could be his last chance for freedom. So, he then laid still and allowed Redge to undo all his restraints. After the last strap around his right wrist was finally freed, Patrick made his move.

With as much speed as he could muster, he used his arms to spring over Redge and onto his wheelchair. It was a tremendous ruckus, but Patrick just started to roll out of the bathroom, clothing be damned. ‘Surely there had to be some Big here that could help him, right?’

Unfortunately, he didn’t count on any of the other Bigs still being in the bathroom still and the woman with the brown-haired girl with all the scarring blocked the one way out of the changing area. “I don’t think so, mister! You’ve been a very naughty Little.”

She was the only other Big in the changing area now, but she was enough. Her imposing and fit body blocked the door completely and Patrick tried to find another exit, but it was too late. Redge had reeled around from his initial shock and quickly grabbed Patrick with both arms. “Naughty, naughty, naughty,” he scolded. “Bad Littles don’t leave their daddies. No wonder why all you humans are so pathe…”

Patrick couldn’t stand another second, and while he had been thrashing around while in Redge’s arms, he realized his open opportunity and landed a single punch right into Redge’s jaw. It knocked him about a bit, but his grip remained just as firm around the still struggling Little’s body.

“Just hold him down!” the other woman yelled out as she ran to her own flower-themed diaper bag. Patrick was too focused on trying to escape Redge still until the woman returned and forcibly grabbed his left arm toward her. “Here. This should fix you right up for today.” Without a second of hesitation, she then stabbed a needle directly into Patrick’s upper arm.

The pain was immense from the thick needle and the way she had just plunged it into his arm. He tried to scream and tug away more, but the woman remained resolute and pumped the entire needle of blueish green liquid into his arm. The substance entered and Patrick could feel a shooting and burning pain arc all the way up his arm and then pass through the rest of his body. If he could have screamed louder at the near scalding sensation he was now feeling, he would have.

“What is that stuff?” Redge asked, suspiciously eyeing the needle as the woman removed it from the still clenched Little’s arm.

The woman just smiled and held the large bore needle up with pride. “Oh, this beauty? Just a little thing I’ve been concocting up at Juventas. Don’t have a name for it yet, but it’s pretty effective for what it does!”

Redge eyed the needle and then to the puncture mark on Patrick’s relatively tiny upper left arm. “And what does it do? Exactly, I mean.” If everything that just happened hadn’t, Patrick could have almost sworn that he heard a hint of concern in Redge’s voice just then.

“Exactly…?” the woman then put the needle back in her diaper bag. “Well, I can’t give all that away, but it’s a completely safe drug designed just for Littles. It basically just acts as a mild paralytic and mood stabilizer. I very much doubt that you’ll have anymore trouble from your darling Little today.”

Redge then smiled as if all his dreams had just come true. “Redge,” he said reaching out his hand. “Good to meet you.”

The woman smiled back and shook his hand. “Britney. Good to meet you. Maybe… we can get some coffee sometime?”

Redge eased up in his grip as Patrick’s struggling slowed down considerably, already succumbing to the effects of the drug. “I’d like that.”

The two then exchanged numbers and after a little flirting, Redge placed Patrick back on the changing table while Britney attended to her own Little, who had not moved a single muscle since Britney had sprung into action earlier. Patrick flopped around with only minor control of his limbs now but saw the brown-haired Little being loaded into her own stroller. Her thick diaper was on display under her short purple dress and though she moved about very much like any spastic six-month-old might, Patrick could horrifyingly see a spark of intelligence behind her eyes still.

With Britney and her Little finally gone, Redge then hurriedly dressed Patrick in the outfit the women had selected earlier. The t-shirt was simple enough, despite it’s embarrassing ‘cutie pie’ wording and cartoonish anthropomorphic slice of pie right underneath. The jeans however, left little to the imagination of what type of protection that Patrick was wearing underneath. Once settled back in the cruiser, despite his seated position, Patrick still highly doubted that any caregiver wouldn’t be able to spot his diapered status from a mile away.

As it was though, the drug he had been injected with had acted quickly and Patrick barely found the strength to hold himself up anymore. Redge just smiled sinisterly like some budding psychopath ready to torture his first animal. “Oops! Looks like Britney wasn’t joking.” He then reached for the straps and clipped him in securely. “I wasn’t really planning on using these… but I can’t just have you falling all about the place, now, can I?”

Patrick grunted but just relaxed back in the seat as the four straps were tightened around his body and his feet were strapped into the footrests. Despite how much he hated to comply, Patrick also knew that the sooner this day would just be over, the better off his life would be. He had some strength to resist still, but Patrick knew that he had been defeated by this sadistic Big. For his part, Redge only smiled and soon exited the changing stall with an almost proud and accomplished strut.

The two didn’t really communicate in any way after that until Redge turned a corner behind one of the buildings a few minutes later after Redge had checked out a few local advertisements for babysitters and babyproofing of a house ‘guaranteed in under two hours.’

Wary and distrustful of the Big behind him now and what his intentions were, Patrick tried to flail about. Not paying him any mind though, Redge just kept pushing him further out of view of the main street.

Once stopped, Redge came around and surprisingly started undoing Patrick’s restraints. “Now, I didn’t want to make a scene in front of Britney and her Little, but as my Little, you need to learn your place. Britney’s drug is a wonder, but I don’t think you’ve learned your lesson. Not truly… and something tells me that you would run as soon as I released you and you had your strength back. I can’t have that in my Little. No… my Littles need to be quiet and compliant. They need to know I’m in charge and I know just how do that with you.”

Patrick flopped about but shuddered at what any of that could mean, but he unfortunately didn’t have to wait very long to find out.

Redge pulled what Patrick now knew to be a diaper bag out from under the cruiser and set it on a nearby bench. Once satisfied, he then hauled Patrick over his lap. Patrick was powerless to stop him. “Now then, little boy. I know you are paralyzed and feelings below your waist are still hit or miss. Britney had her own wonder drug, but I also just happen to have one myself.”

Redge then reached over into the diaper bag and produced a single tube of ointment. “I was hoping this was going to be a reward for you today, but clearly, you need to be punished for everything you did back there.” Redge then shook his head in what only looked like remorse and rubbed his cheek where Patrick had hit him. “We could have been friends… but you chose this. Just remember that.”

Redge popped off the top of the tube and quickly yanked down Patrick’s jeans followed almost instantly by his diaper, fully exposing his rear end. A smell of baby powder overtook Patrick’s nose, but it was then quickly replaced by something that smelled like saffron one minute and something rotten and acrid the next.

“This,” Redge started to explain, “is from my friend who works at Diamond Technologies. It’s only temporary, but it essentially acts as a bridge of nerve receptors wherever it’s rubbed. In essence, this will basically make it like you weren’t paralyzed for wherever I rub it as long as I connect it back to the healthy spots of your nerves above your originally injury.”

Patrick’s eyes widened in horror, and he understood what position he was primed for having to do with a punishment. ‘No… he’s a sick bastard but… oh!’

Redge then began to rub the cream all over Patrick’s lower back and all around his exposed butt cheeks. It took about four minutes, but a hot sensation started to grow at the base of Patrick’s back and then slowly spread downward. “You should be feeling all primed and ready to go, my Little…” Redge sneered wickedly.  

Patrick turned around his head to face Redge one last time as well as he could and plead with his eyes, his pacifier still in place to prevent any sound. Redge, however, only smiled back. Patrick could only whimper at the look of revenge and power now present in his sadistic tormentor’s eyes.

“We’re too late for apologies or forgiveness. This is a lesson you need to learn. Just remember, I’m doing this because you did something naughty, but also… because I care about you…” Redge then reached into the diaper bag once more and brought out a large wooden paddle. It was no bigger than a ping pong paddle in his hands but for Patrick, the almost one-foot-wide surface area was emblazoned with a red rubber and seemed like the stuff of nightmares.

Patrick gulped in utter terror behind his still-present punishment pacifier and started to struggle, but Redge just held his body down while still holding the paddle with one hand while the other grabbed his hair and pulled back. Patrick muffled out a tiny yelp. “Enough. You are being punished. Just hold still and it will all be over. You don’t want to be a truly bad boy, do you?”

Patrick refused to stop struggling and attempting to scream, but it was no use. “Very well,” Redge said coldly.

Redge then raised his arm and brought the paddle right down on Patrick’s exposed butt cheeks. Having not felt any sensation back there for five years now, this new feeling felt as bad as it ever could. Just with one swat, large hot tears already began to form in Patrick’s eyes.

By the time of the fifth, Patrick’s bottom was already sporting a cherry red with hints of something darker in the middle and Patrick began to break down completely. Even if he could speak, he would likely just be bawling loudly by now.

Now normally, per governmental regulations from seven years ago, spankings were now required to follow certain rules in Libertalia. Elsewhere around the world, regulations were still less stringent, but here, Littles were safer in some regards. Now, Littles had to be able to give a signal to stop if the pain was too great and the Big would stop at least temporarily. Additionally, punishments could now only be doled out in certain increments, usually in groupings of ten. It could prolong the punishment, but the Little could avoid permanent injuries that way, particularly with spankings.

Redge, on the other hand, detested these new laws and had hidden himself and Patrick out of view of other Bigs for this exact reason. His jaw still hurt from where Patrick had hit him, and he had yet to master any type of patience or the needed self-control when dealing with Littles. As a result, the usual ten spanks in total didn’t satisfy him, and he certainly didn’t pause his barrage with the paddle on Patrick’s darkening and inflamed rear. In fact, it took up to 20 for Redge to even start to feel satisfied and a total of 36 for him to finally place down the paddle.

To say that Patrick had been broken in some form today was an understatement. Some Littles would break down after ten while others broke after 100. It’s just how it was and wasn’t a reflection on the Little themselves. For Patrick, after the 23rd smack, he had just gone limp and silent.

Now satisfied that Patrick had learned his lesson, Redge rubbed some ointment over his reddened and purple skin. With any luck, it would be healed at least visually the next time someone would see Patrick’s behind. “There. That’s better. You’ll still feel it for a bit, but this way, your skin won’t start to break down in your diaper.” He then repositioned the diaper and pulled Patrick’s jeans back up.

Still silent and in a state of pain and shock, Patrick had no will left to fight Redge and just allowed himself to be placed back in the cruiser and then strapped back down.

Smiling at the success of the spanking, Redge placed the diaper bag underneath the cruiser and wheeled his Little back out into the crowd. A few other Bigs had seen what Redge had been doing, but most either nodded in horrific approval or just scurried away… just as Redge had predicted they would.         

Redge wheeled the silent and unmoving Patrick around the fair for a while longer. Redge posed in a few booths with Patrick to capture some fond memories of the day, even going as far as to slip one of them in Patrick’s pocket. The pair also went on a few more rides, but Patrick still did not move or even laugh. All his actions got though from others were notes of condolences and appreciation for Redge’s obviously damaged Littles.

Patrick wasn’t brain dead or anything by any means but combined with the drug that Britney had injected him with, his mind had shut itself off to protect itself. He would be his usual self when they got back to the Psyche building, but for now, Patrick would just blink at the cooing Bigs around him.

Now happy over his perceived version of a successful outing, Redge wheeled Patrick out of the fairgrounds and then placed him in his booster seat. “Probably should have gotten you a car seat,” Redge only half joked as Patrick actually began to tip over a bit in the seat, still suffering from the shock of the spanking and the drugs Britney had injected him with. “Hmmm… I thought this was a wasted feature…” Redge then reached around Patrick and hit a button that released the seat cushion from behind Patrick.

“Just lean forward, baby.” Patrick only moved as Redge guided him forward gently and plucked out the straps before pushing the cushions and Patrick back onto them. “Here we go,” Redge continued as he then buckled Patrick securely into his booster seat and the cushion behind him, forming a makeshift car seat of sorts… just as the manufacturers had originally intended.

The drive back wasn’t any better and Redge alternated between talking to a still mute Patrick and simply just turning on a bunch of Little’s music. It was only as they entered the front gate of the Psyche grounds that Patrick began to stir slightly.

“Good. I thought you would never move. I could always cover it up, but where’s the fun in a Little who’s just a vegetable, right?” Horrifyingly, Redge then let out a tiny chuckle.

Patrick made no reply as he still feared for his safety when he was with Redge. He didn’t even make a move as Redge parked and then discreetly walked to the other side of the vehicle, where he was seated and obscured from the view of the front entrance.

“Now look,” Redge said as he began to undo Patrick’s restraints. “My family is very powerful in this area, and I can make life very difficult for you. I’ll find your weakness and exploit it. I always do, understand?” Patrick shakily nodded. “Good. Now, I’m going to take the pacifier out, and remember… any word about any of today except that it was the ‘best day ever’ and you’ll find out that I do not just make idol threats. You’ll be mine one day and if I can’t punish you now, I will then. Just remember…” Redge then slipped his hand behind him and rubbed Patrick’s butt. A tiny yelp came through the still locked and inflated pacifier.

Patrick quickly nodded in affirmation that he wouldn’t tell a soul and Redge smiled with satisfaction over his victory. Within a second, he worked the pacifier to quickly deflate it and remove it from his mouth. Redge wanted to say something more, but a crunching sound could soon be heard from nearby.

Redge looked around to see where it was coming from and saw Dr. Halgen coming out with Patrick’s wheelchair. As if he was some type of shapeshifting monster, his previously sinister face turned back to what Patrick had seen this morning. His soft and handsome looks easily covered up the blackened and sinister being hiding beneath it all. “Ah, Dr. Halgen! So wonderful to see you. And how’s the family?”

“All doing well. I’m glad I heard your father did wonderfully after his surgery. Please give him my regards.” Redge noted that he would right as Dr. Halgen parked the wheelchair in front of Patrick and Redge. Without a second of hesitation or malice, Redge then quickly deposited Patrick down into the wheelchair.

Patrick could swear that he saw Dr. Halgen give him a strange look, but she only quickly covered her the feelings evident on her face with a wide and practiced smile. “I hope you had a fun time, Patrick!”

Patrick flexed his aching jaw and saw Redge stare sternly at him to ensure his silence about what had happened, only briefly reverting to his monstrous form, of course all hidden from Dr. Halgen.

“I… I did. I’m just really tired…” Patrick managed to stammer out with as much vigor and confidence as he could muster to sell his lie.

“Oh? Tuckered out, are we? I see…” Dr. Halgen’s tone felt misplaced and almost doubtful but just allowed Patrick to wave goodbye to Redge and then wheel himself back to the house. To the apparent shock of Redge, she wanted to stay and talk to him alone.  

Patrick slowly wheeled himself inside, still awash with the memories of the day and the confusion with Dr. Halgen, but as the door closed behind him with a deafening thud, seeing all his friends having a wonderful time just got to him in a way he didn’t suspect. Without warning, a few tears began to fall from his eyes. “Stupid emotions…” Patrick said as he wiped away his tears. He knew there would be more, so he hurriedly made a beeline for the elevator.

“Hey, sport!” Bruce called out as Patrick zoomed past him. Patrick could feel himself breaking quickly, so he didn’t say a word. “Okay… talk to you later…?” Bruce wanted to go after him but decided that a different approach might be needed. Littles coming back from their first caretaker experience were fragile. With his experience here, he had to find Addy.

In the elevator, Patrick knew that he had to just ignore him now and apologize later. From the stinging around his eyes and the lump forming in the back of his throat, he could feel that he was about to give out any minute and burst into tears. Fortunately, the elevator stopped just in time on his floor.  

When he got to his door, he was very relieved that he only had to swipe his wristband to get in the door. Any other device would have likely been met with failure as Patrick’s hands began to tremble. Still though, as soon as the lock beeped opened, he burst through his door and made his way to the main part of the room.

Less than a second later, Patrick could feel the tears falling more rapidly now, but he just felt disgusted with himself as he looked at his clothing. It was as bad as it could have been, but it was now just a symbol of everything he despised, and it only reminded him of his failure with Redge to prevent it from happening to him. He knew he had to get out of them, and he started to pull and tug on them. ‘I was too weak… too much of a failure…’

As if to emphasize his point, his motions were forceful but ultimately unorganized and fruitless. Due to his lack of strength with Littleproof clothing, Patrick only managed to unbutton and unzip his jeans. Unfortunately, in trying to tear off his clothing, he found the photo that Redge had left him of the two of them at the fair.

Patrick stared at the photo for a minute in disbelief and horror. It seemed to represent all that had gone wrong today, and he was even more mortified that one could see a clear diaper bulge. That and his clothing and slackened expression made him seem just like one of the regressed Littles that he had seen earlier. “Bastard…” Patrick blinked back tears, but a white-hot rage took over him.

“Stupid, piece of shit, abuser! Stupid Big!” Patrick was furious at Redge, this world, his lingering paralysis, and most of all, himself. It was all just too much to handle, and his lower lip trembled as he began to shakily rip up the photo. Despite its destruction and Redge not even being within ten miles of here anymore, Patrick still felt his presence and even felt… dirty. Trying to ebb away what that evil man had done to him; he began to try and rip off his clothing once more. His constant shifting in the seat to do so only emphasized the extreme pain in his rear and the crinkling of his still present thick and babyish diapers.

“Stupid, stupid, stupid! How could I have come here so willingly? How could I have just let him do all this to me? I thought he was going to be my friend!” Patrick only managed to tear his shirt along some of the seams and around the collar, so his near pointless actions only seemed to confirm what he was thinking about himself. “What an idiot I was to even come here. Now I’m screwed! I’m doomed to be chosen and abused for the rest of my life… a pathetic little plaything for any of these stupid Bigs!” Patrick then looked down and saw his still nearly useless legs. Even after a few weeks, Patrick could barely feel anything but a few spasms and jolts in his muscles. Now, he only mainly felt the sting in his butt to an almost inhuman degree. His only solace was that Redge had pointed out that it was only temporary and would go away in a few days. “Stupid legs… why did I need to go and fix you… and who cares about those drugs back home… maybe death would have been better than all… this.”

Patrick’s breakdown had been destructive but, more importantly at this point, loud. His screams of frustration could be heard in the hallways and several other Littles had stopped what they were doing to try and figure out what was going on. Patrick’s yelling and destruction had also caused him not to hear the door open or a figure slowly approach. “Patrick…”

Patrick swung around and standing there right in front of him now was Addy. “Go away,” he sniffled, “please, Addy… I’m fine…”

Instead, Addy ignored him and just stepped closer. One didn’t need to be an expert to see that Patrick was now in distress and needed help. “Please talk to me. I just want to help… I’m a really good listener and you’re obviously not fine.” She then paused and looked over the pitiful figure before him. She quickly realized that she didn’t recognize what he was wearing, and it certainly wasn’t what he was wearing this morning. “Did something happen today? How did it go with Redge? Was he…?”

“None of your business! Now leave!” Patrick screamed at his nurse. Addy just stood there stunned but continued to hold her ground. “I said get the hell out! Are you deaf? I want you out of my damn room!” Patrick angrily pointed to his door and his eyes bulged in anger.

Now, Psyche was different in many ways when it came to dealing with Littles compared to other places. They truly wanted to make their Littles happy, so they only hired the best to deal with some of the pain that these Littles were obviously going through. Addy was no exception, and her years of experience did her justice. A normal Big would have likely just proceeded to punish the living daylights out of Patrick for his use of language, yelling, and telling a Big what to do. Addy just stood there in place, however, until Patrick finished yelling and fuming.

“Patrick…” she said gently after a moment, “I’m not going anywhere. You need help. I’m not sure why…” Addy then got a sudden look of realization. “Something happened with Redge, didn’t it?”

“Just shut up!” Patrick barked out, still angry, but his resolve was crumbling. “Shut up, just…” Patrick immediately looked guilty and realized that he was placing his anger and fear onto the wrong person. “Please, Addy… just… leave me alone…”

Once again, Addy remained firm. Instead of the traditional punishment around here of early bedtimes or even scolding him, she only closed the gap between herself and the now trembling Little. Sensing something had happened, and that Patrick was secretly in pain in at least some form, without even asking, Addy lunged into the slowly trembling Little before her.

“Ah!” Patrick yelled as Addy wrapped her arms around him. “Addy! What are you doing?”

Addy didn’t move or say a word. If anything, she only hugged him tighter.

“Get off, Addy. Get…” Patrick squirmed around but his resolve wasn’t impervious enough to stay resolute forever. “I said… get… get… please…” Patrick could feel Addy only hug him closer if that was even possible. “I… I don’t deserve to be hugged… I’m just a bad Little… please… just leave me alone…”

Addy just shook her head and gripped the Little tightly. What had started out as a shouting and threatening demeanor, now had devolved into a shaking Little who did little to move away from the Big now hugging him in her large, warm embrace.

Addy was smart and knew the limits of those whom she oversaw. Without a second of doubt, she knew that Patrick was one of the good Littles. If he had lashed out like this, something must have gone horribly wrong today. So, using her instinct, she just wrapped her arms around Patrick further under his legs and carried him to the bed.

Patrick wanted to fight back and tell Addy to leave him alone, but her hugging him, once so restrictive, now felt like a suit of armor wrapping him in an indescribable warmth of love and caring. He blinked back the tears now streaming from his eyes and just leaned into his savior of a nurse.

Addy smiled at Patrick’s acceptance of what was happening to him right now. She hated Redge for whatever he had done, but she also knew that the Littles eventually leaving here needed to be receptive to receiving both compassion and care from their new caretakers. It was in the name alone, and Addy knew that today was an important day for Patrick along this road. Still… she knew she had to get to the bottom of whatever happened. She shifted around to make the Little more comfortable but then felt… “Patrick, honey, are you wearing a… diaper?”

Patrick had been looking at Addy with such sadness, but now his eyes completely flooded with tears, and he began to wail before burying his face into her body. Between the fresh sobs and moans of despair, Patrick only let out a small nod to confirm Addy’s suspicions.

His torn shirt had covered up his unzipped pants, but with a little prodding, Addy quickly saw the bulging diaper all exposed underneath his jeans. “Oh… oh, I see…” Addy racked her brain over what could have happened. An accident, yes, but Redge had been vetted as at least a competent caregiver. There was no way that on their first outing that he would have been so careless as not to take Patrick to the potty given his paralysis… but there was an alternative. “Sweetie,” Addy rubbed Patrick’s back gently, “I need to know if Redge put you in this diaper with your permission, or…”

Patrick quickly shook his head.

Addy’s heart sank at the notion. “That… man…” She wanted to curse so badly, but right now, Patrick needed her more to do her job as his nurse than to be upset over Redge’s actions. She took a few calming breaths and after a moment of the Little in her arms calming down, Addy propped him forward on her lap. “Honey… I think you could use a nice warm soak today. We’ll get to the bottom of whatever happened with Redge, but I need to take off your clothing first to do that. Do I have permission to help you with that?”

Patrick hesitated but then nodded his head as a few more tears trickled off his cheeks. “Okay… let me just get a pad and we can go from there.”

Patrick nodded his head and Addy just smiled and patted his bottom. Patrick winced almost instantly in obvious discomfort.

At first, Addy was shocked. Her instincts for Little care knew that many Littles, whether they wanted to admit to it or not, loved pats on their bottoms if done caringly and respectively. That being said, Patrick was paralyzed so he shouldn’t have felt it… but he had. Addy celebrated but then realized he had flinched as well… and what’s more… it had seemed to be the painful sort. A growing fear began to wrap itself around her mind, but she shook her head in disbelief. Redge could have broken one rule, but surely not that one.

She then attempted to place Patrick down on the bed, but he just shook his head. “Please… don’t leave me…” His voice nearly cracked, and it was so weak. Addy’s heart nearly shattered but she just smiled and held him close to her on her hip.

Making her way to the bathroom, with a little strain while still carrying Patrick, Addy retrieved a box from one of the shelves high up in the linen closet in there. It was for emergencies only at this point, but she felt like it was needed today in this case.

She then brought Patrick back over to his bed. “Now, I’m going to set you back in your wheelchair temporarily, but I’m going to place a changing pad down on your bed to help you out. I don’t know what you have going on, but I just want to be safe, okay? No insinuation of anything else… I promise.”

Patrick didn’t like those words implied, but when his whole world felt like it was an utter wreck and mistake, any comfort given by Addy felt like an overall win. Of course, he groaned a little bit when he saw her unfurl an enormous changing mat. If its implication wasn’t bad enough, it was also yellow and had several tiny cartoon pictures of animals sleeping on their own small crescent moons. It was unbearably sweet, but Patrick knew that Addy just wanted to help him at this point and not punish or humiliate him as Redge had done earlier.

“It’s just for protection…” Addy tried to reassure Patrick as she rubbed his back after seeing his distress about the mat. “Just let me help you and don’t worry about the mat.”

Another tear escaped from Patrick’s eye, but he just nodded and allowed Addy to pick him up and set him on the changing mat. He winced once more from the intense pain on his backside but complied simply when Addy told him to raise his arms.

His ruined and once-cute shirt removed, Addy gingerly pressed and then cradled Patrick to lie down on the mat. His legs hung loosely, and his jeans were already slightly falling down. Still though, Addy looked back up at Patrick with as much compassion as she could muster over her growing hatred of Redge. “Okay. I’m going to take off your pants now. I’m going to see your diaper, but I don’t want you to worry about it. You seemed a little wet when you were on my lap but we’re not going to count this toward anything, okay?”

Patrick nodded and placed his hands by his head, but then suddenly stopped her as he realized that she was about to see everything. “Please… you can’t tell anyone about this… or any of this from today!”

Addy hesitated, but guessing he was only referring to the diaper, she nodded her head. Satisfied his terrible day would remain a secret, Patrick then let her continue her work. Redge’s threats of pain or something worse for those around him would only remain as hollow words.

Addy took a breath and slowly removed Patrick’s pants as gently as she could. She still wasn’t completely convinced why he had been wincing, so she knew that caution was key. As suspected though, once his jeans were removed, Addy saw a saturated and yellow-stained diaper strapped around Patrick’s hips. It was one of the more recent trendy ‘green’ diapers and had long bamboo stalks printed on the front of it. Knowing this brand from a few of her friends, a dry diaper would also have the words ‘planet saver’ spaced throughout the core, but Patrick’s wetness had faded them nearly completely by now.

“Oh, Patrick…” She traced her finger along the diaper and could only feel a tiny bit of heat from it. “You’ve been sitting in this wet thing for a while. I’m going to take it off now, but I might need to apply a cream, okay?”

Patrick just nodded and placed his hands over his face. He didn’t want to witness anymore of this thoroughly humiliating and degrading day. That being said, as soon as Addy lowered the front of the diaper, Patrick realized that she would see the spanking marks. Fearful that she would think he had been naughty, he shouted, “Wait, Addy! Stop! I can explain!”

But it was too late. As soon as Addy had lowered the diaper, she had begun to look for signs of why he had been wincing in the first place. She thought it could be a diaper rash, and he was a little red in some areas, but it only took a millisecond for her to see his purplish-red butt, the ointment that Redge had used, already working to heal him. Still, it had only just started to work, so Addy could see everything. “Oh my God! Patrick! What happened? Who did this? Was this Redge?”

Patrick wanted to speak, but his emotions got the better of him once more and he just nodded through his hands still covering his face. “Please don’t be mad at me…” he mumbled sadly. “I promise I was good… I was a good boy! Please don’t spank me…”

Addy was a mix of so many emotions now, but she knew that she had to report this. She had made a promise to Patrick, but having known several injuries like these over the years and not being entirely innocent when it came to marks like these in her… free time, she knew that this was abuse, plain and simple. Redge’s wealth and friendship with Dr. Halgen had to be set aside surely. The doctor was stern and could be emotionless at times, but she still cared for the Littles under her care.

While Patrick was distraught and hugging a pillow that Addy had given him, she made sure to take some pictures of the injury. Injuries like these had to be reported. Satisfied with the collection of photographic evidence of his evil deeds, she then rubbed her finger along the injury as gently as she could and smelled it. “Safron…”

“What was that? Am I going to be okay?” Patrick asked wearily, finding an odd sense of comfort from cuddling a soft and fluffy pillow.

Addy snapped out of her trance and just smiled at the Little and his ease at cuddling the pillow. “You will be… After your little soak, I’ll rub some cream onto all this. It will speed up your recovery, but you should also feel some relief while the medicine Redge applied wears off.”

Patrick realized that Addy knew everything now, so just nodded and then allowed himself to be picked up and taken over to the shower after she had quickly wiped him down for sanitary purposes. In the bathroom, Addy made sure to put a rubber seat cushion on his chair and then turned on the water. Once seated, Patrick collapsed against the wall and just took in the soothing feeling coming from the steadily growing hot water cascading all about him.

Satisfied that he wouldn’t try to go anywhere, Addy left and proceeded to document a few more things for Dr. Halgen. She knew she had to report this tonight or there was no telling the amount of damage that could be done to the other Littles. As it stood, Redge was a candidate for two others and was on the shortlist for other groups as well in case he wasn’t chosen this go around.

Patrick was feeling more relief under the hot water, but his butt still was very painful. He took comfort in the fact that no one else would know about all this, but he was still relieved that at least Addy knew. She could be trusted at this point, and she had already proved a dozen or so times of her caring qualities and ability to help him through almost anything.

Still, today had been a real wake up call to all that he had signed up for. He had been so tempted by the offer to walk again that he had nearly forfeited everything in his life just to be here now. It was a simple enough deal on paper, but now, Patrick questioned his own judgement for ever agreeing to it. Redge may have been more on the extreme side of things for a Big in Libertalia at least these days, but it had revealed a quality in other Bigs as well… one that made Patrick even more nervous.

Both in the changing room and when he was being spanked, there were other Bigs that could have helped him. They may have been sadistic themselves, but Parrick highly doubted that after seeing some of their pained expressions. In essence, they were simply too involved with their own lives or were too scared to help a defenseless Little. In either case, Patrick felt a deep sinking sensation that no Big would ever be the caregiver that he had at least initially hoped for when he had accepted the deal. As the tears began to fall again and vanished in the hot water, he knew that only time would tell if he was right this time or not.

• Like 16
  • Sad 1
  • LostBBoyBear changed the title to A Walk Into the Unknown: A Diaper Dimension Story (Chapter 9 - 04 October)

I might be over thinking this or thinking too deeply, but I don't see this going so well. His family can cause a lot of hurt for them. I'm just curious to how the good doctor will handle it. If she goes against the family she will almost certain to throw her career away or she can reprimand the nurse, threaten her or even outright fire her to make her look bad if she did make this public and try to keep her own job. 

I just hope Addi doesn't get punished for speaking up about what happened. I'm sure he'll get what he deserves later, I just hope the damage he causes doesn't do too much to the doctor or Addi. At the most I wouldn't mind seeing the doctor walking around with a waddle and a bit of a crinkle in her step lol. 

Well you weren’t kidding when you said that you had planned on making Redge a villain. I want to give Redge a taste of his own medicine. I would love to cover his entire body in that cream and then beat him senseless.  I can look back and say I was right in that Patrick is much better off passing on Redge. Right now is a completely unknown situation.  We don’t know how the Doctor is going to react to the news. I have a feeling that based on her initial reaction to seeing Patrick when they returned I believe she is going to support Patrick and send Redge packing. She can use the evidence of his abuse as a blackmail with Redge’s parents so that they will not make any stink just to keep him from being prosecuted. Now I would like to see Addy take control of Patrick and after a comforting bath, put some soothing lotion on him and a nice soft diaper. Then get him into some comfortable pajamas and snuggled up in bed.  I will be looking forward to some better times ahead for Patrick. 

This was one of the most intense chapters I've read recently from any story, and Redge is among the most twisted and evil bigs I've yet encountered. I sincerely hope this is the last time we see him directly...and that we hear secondhand of his permanent downfall. (Wondering too whether Halgen might have noticed something in the parking area; Redge didn't seem very happy that she wanted to talk to him.) Anyway, the stakes for Patrick have just gotten much higher.

Speaking of Patrick, you should be aware that there are several times when you use his name and mean Redge. Most of them, I think, are clustered near each other, but there is at least one toward the end as well. This is the are in the story where I noticed most of them:

On 10/4/2023 at 2:14 PM, LostBBoyBear said:

“Now, hush,” Patrick commanded firmly as he slightly swatted Patrick’s thigh.

5 hours ago, kerry said:

This was one of the most intense chapters I've read recently from any story, and Redge is among the most twisted and evil bigs I've yet encountered. I sincerely hope this is the last time we see him directly...and that we hear secondhand of his permanent downfall. (Wondering too whether Halgen might have noticed something in the parking area; Redge didn't seem very happy that she wanted to talk to him.) Anyway, the stakes for Patrick have just gotten much higher.

Speaking of Patrick, you should be aware that there are several times when you use his name and mean Redge. Most of them, I think, are clustered near each other, but there is at least one toward the end as well. This is the are in the story where I noticed most of them:

Thank you for saying so, but you might just see Redge again...

That being said, thank you for catching that mistake. I think everyone can see my lack of sleep catching up with my change in the names and in my editing process lately. Ugh... I'm really sorry about that and I might go back to editing these posts twice over like I used to do. Regardless, thank you again.

I just want to apologize to everyone again for the mistakes with the names in my stories with Redge. I was on a roll writing this story, but changing his name to Redge really threw a wrench into my plans and editing process. Havin fully committed to Redge now though, this shouldn't be a problem anymore. 

Next, this is the first chapter of the third part. I made a few decisions in this chapter with what I focused on but I'm still happy with how it ended up playing out. I want to post another chapter tomorrow, but that will also entirely depend on the weather. If it's nice out, apple picking in the fall is something I just can't pass up, but regardless, the story is progressing nicely and hopefully the next chapters will continue to entertain everyone. From what I've been seeing in the comments, it seems like I made the right decision to go with this story, but I also just want to thank everyone for their likes and comments. 

And last but not least, I just hope everyone enjoys this next chapter!

Part III: Environmental Changes

Chapter 10: A Do-Over

“Mom! Mom! Stay with me!” Patrick screamed at his mom, Laura, to try and wake her back up. It might have been from the bloody wounds he could see now, some other injuries that were hidden to him, or that she had just passed out from shock. Patrick simply didn’t know.

Finally, though, Laura began to stir and as if Patrick had just experienced a burst of divine luck, blue and red sirens began to flash through the rain and fog as the ambulance, police, and rescue squads were arriving at the scene of the accident.

Soon, the two cars were surrounded by several uniformed and worried-looking personnel. An elderly and clearly concerned police officer then walked up to Patrick’s side of the vehicle. “Hello, son. I’m Murphy and we’re all here to help you.”

“Thank you but please… please, just help my mom! She just passed out and I can’t wake her fully yet. She was talking and all, but then she just… faded…”

Murphy patted Patrick’s shoulder. “We’ll help you both. Leave the worrying to us and just hold on. You’ll be safe and sound in no time.” The man smiled at Patrick once more and then walked off to allow the other rescuers start to assess him and his mom for their injuries. A few field-IV’s later, a patch to some of their more critical injuries, and the people began to cut open the cars in haste.

Sounds of thrashing and groaning metal pierced Patrick’s ears but he was just grateful that he and his mom were being helped now and that she had fully regained consciousness after her IV had been inserted. That being said, Patrick started to get worried about their situation when he stopped hurting as much, particularly below the waist. It could have been a lot of things, so he just focused on getting rescued instead and reassured Laura that he was still okay. She seemed less than convinced however, and only nervously bit her lower lip.

Not long after, she seemed to be getting freer faster than he was, but after a moment of hesitation when they talked to his mom, the rescuers then suddenly focused more on him. It was odd and he swore he could have seen her whisper something into Murphy’s ear, but he couldn’t be sure or make out a single sound of all the work going on around them. All he knew for sure though was that with one last cut from the jaws of life, Patrick was freed from the car. A minute later, his mom was as well.

The two were then loaded into the new double transportation ambulance parked nearby and they soon sped off toward the hospital. More IV bags were quickly attached to them, and the paramedics worked feverishly on both of their bloodied and bruised bodies. Then one of them spoke up with a grave look on her face as she worked on Laura. “Oh man… we’ve got a lot of bleeders here. Step on it!”

“Got it!” the driver shouted back. Patrick could then feel the ambulance speed faster down the road. A little part of him was nervous they would get into another accident, but he was also just happy that they were getting to the hospital faster.

“I don’t understand why she wanted him to go first…” one of the paramedics tried to whisper quietly.

“Shhh… he’ll hear you…”

“What do you mean she wanted me to go first?” Patrick then lurched forward, but his pain was still too intense, and he was only able to slightly lift his upper body. Strangely enough, he couldn’t feel what one of the paramedics was doing to a deep laceration on his leg, but he had bigger things to worry about. “Mom? What are they talking about?”

“Shit…” one of the paramedics said under their breath before smacking the other on the head.

Laura just smiled at her son as the paramedics continued to try to stop her bleeding. She seemed like she was in a little discomfort, but strangely calm at the same time. “Honey… I’m your mom. You were in serious trouble… I needed to protect you…”

“But you could have gone earlier!” Patrick then turned his attention to the two trying to stop his bleeding. “Please tell me that she’s going to be okay!” he shouted at the still worried looking paramedics. “Please…”

Alarms then started going off and Laura looked like she was starting to drift off. “I… love you…” Her voice faded off into nothing and eyelids then flickered closed as her body began to twitch.

“Shit! We’re losing her!” The paramedic then got out the paddles. “Charge to 200!” The machine beeped louder in intensity as the other paramedic turned up the dial. “Clear!”

The jolt went through Laura and her body spasmed as if being pricked by a tack but then slackened and remained as lifeless as before. “Mom! No!”

“No!” Patrick bolted from his dream. His bed was soaked in what he presumed to be sweat, and his heart rapidly beat inside his clammy chest. “Ugh… stupid dream…” He then tried to go back to bed, knowing full-well that today would be another challenging day. At this point, they all were presenting him with some joy but also a ton of obstacles.

Patrick had been having more of those types of dreams lately, but unlike before, his dreams now actually started to progress further in the timeline of that night. Now, he was dreaming of the last moment with his mom before she died or of the relief when the paramedics and rescue workers had arrived. They all still ended badly, but Patrick was still at least happier that not all his dreams were as terrible all the way through anymore. He still felt a sense of guilt that night, but he was no longer being constantly reminded of only the bad times. While frustrating, he couldn’t help but love his mom more when he found out that she had pushed the others to save him first. It didn’t help his guilt originally, but now, he knew that it was just a final act of love between a mother and her son.

Still, the days at Psyche wore on and his dreams were becoming the least of his worries. After his typical morning routine and changing into a fresh pair of training pants, the one from the night before soaked from something Patrick didn’t even want to investigate at this point, Patrick usually continued about his day with a session with Bruce in stretching his dormant muscles out and a light round of group therapy. Everyone seemed to be getting healthier and even energetic, but most still bore the markings of the problems they had arrived here with.

Patrick thought he was going to get the afternoon off and just hang out with his friends from the group, but after lunch, Dr. Halgen wandered over to him before he could make his way outside. “Patrick? I think we need to talk…”

Patrick’s stomach dropped at those words. Dr. Halgen was far from the terror that he originally thought she was going to be, but visits to her office rarely ended pleasantly. Like the whole thing with the Redge aftermath…

After waving goodbye to his friends and once the doors shut behind Patrick as they entered her office, Dr. Halgen sighed. “Patrick… I just wanted to deeply apologize again for what happened last week. If I had known about Redge…” Dr. Halgen almost looked like she felt guilty and maybe even an ounce of shame as she blinked a few tears away.  

“Please… I just want to move on from… him…” He still couldn’t say his name out loud but with Dr. Halgen’s help over the past week during a few private sessions, Patrick could at least talk about his feelings and what had happened that day. Patrick felt that she might have been using some… less-than-FDA-approved methods to speed things along, but he couldn’t argue with the results.

Dr. Halgen glumly nodded her head. “I understand, but I also heard that you made up with Addy from the other day?” she asked as she ended on a more cheerful note.

Patrick nodded. “I did. I’m not sure if I’ve fully forgiven her yet for ratting me out… maybe not ever, but we talked it over two days back. All water under the bridge now… or at least whatever the phrase is over here.” Patrick still couldn’t believe she broke her promise and told Dr. Halgen about Redge. It was supposed to stay a secret, but at least now, he couldn’t hurt him anymore after he had gotten blacklisted from every adoption or even lease program like Psyche in the nation.

Plus, Addy had pulled some strings and had found out that everyone’s personal belongings had stupidly been sent to the Psyche Losantiville location. To everyone’s delight, they had just arrived last night and things between them had gotten mostly back to normal. Of course, one can only be so mad at the person helping them with their… little accidents. Patrick shifted uncomfortably as in his chair, his training pants riding up a little.    

A smile grew on Dr. Halgen’s face. “I’m glad to hear that. I still can’t believe I let that Redge character in here in the first place and then even take one of my Littles away… I…” Dr. Halgen started to show a surprising amount of regret over her blunder, but true to form, within a minute, she got her stiff upper lip attitude back. “Still, he’s been banned from all adoption agencies in this country now, pushing for a few others, and to top it off, now has a record. He can’t hurt anyone anymore.”

Patrick was less convinced of the longevity of those results in a society like this, but he just squinted his eyes and looked back at Dr. Halgen. “Dr. Halgen… not to be ungrateful for what you did with… him, and while it’s nice to confirm the rumors that I’ve been hearing… but was there another reason you asked me here in the first place today?”

Dr. Halgen then smiled warily. “Ah, yes…” Dr. Halgen shifted around in her chair and then walked slowly over to Patrick, before crossing her arms and leaning back against her desk. “You see… the caretaker clause still exists in your contract… and well, I wanted to give you time with all that happened, but… you’re only here for so long… so…”

Patrick’s stomach dropped. ‘Surely she can’t be implying what I think she is…’

Dr. Halgen shifted nervously around again. “Patrick… I brought in two other potential candidates today to be your caretakers.”

“You did what!” Patrick yelled out in anger.

Dr. Halgen held up her large hands to calm Patrick down. “Easy, easy there, Patrick. Let me just say something.” Patrick fumed but waved his hand for her to continue, knowing that despite her more open nature around him, she still had all the power. “Thank you. Now, you need a caretaker to be here, and given what happened…” Dr. Halgen trailed off but then shook her head. “Anyway… we need to go forward. Gently, but forward.”

The notion floated in the air for about a minute. “And? What does that mean for me?” Patrick asked impatiently.

“Well, you still need a caretaker, but I don’t want you getting hurt again. So, I changed my selection criteria.” She pulled up a screen on her computer and showed several new categories in the program she was running. “I realized I needed more specific parameters per the given Little. Plus, I’ve expanded the background search to include even minor problems. It’s not foolproof… but as I said, I brought in two new candidates who meet all the criteria anyway, and I know they are wonderful. So, please just try… for me?”

Patrick grumbled but conceded, knowing he would need to find someone before it was too late. It was unsaid amongst his group, but most feared that if a Little didn’t make their selection, they could be subject to the leftovers. While maybe not a Redge per say, most of the group agreed that they would be choosing from candidates that had been rejected. It could have been because of something minor or a personality quirk, but it could have been something more. For now, at least, Patrick knew that he had to try. “Fine.”

“Thank you.” Dr. Halgen said relief before then guiding Patrick out to a nearby meeting room. It was really only used for the in-person round of interviews for caretakers and other things like that before they met the Littles, but Patrick just felt a peculiar cold sensation running up his back. In truth, he wanted to be anywhere but here today.

Dr. Halgen seemed to notice his fear and hesitation. “Now Patrick… remember, you can always say no. We’re here in the safety of this building, so hit your wristband as hard as you can or yell for help if you feel the need. I’ve asked Addy to help me monitor things from outside the door.” Dr. Halgen gestured to the end of the hallway.

Patrick leaned over and saw Addy give him a tiny cutesy wave from her spot. He just nodded his head at her comforting presence and let Dr. Halgen go in and introduce him first. Sighing, once Dr. Halgen waved him in, he made his way into the room and saw two Bigs, a man and a woman, happily chatting away. They suddenly stopped when they saw Patrick.

The man stood up and Patrick could see his immense and formidable height, but his flannel shirt over a simple Henley matched his kind facial features knitted around his thinly framed glasses and beard, all of which gave him an overall softer feeling. “Hello. You must be Patrick.” The man walked quickly over to Patrick with an almost gleeful strut. “I’m Lloyd. Good to meet you,” he said proudly before then shooting his hand out to shake.

Patrick only froze at the suddenness of it all and the sheer boldness of the stranger. Despite his cheery demeanor, Patrick couldn’t help but remember back to when he first met Redge, and worryingly now, all had seemed fine then as well.

“Oh, Lloyd.” The chestnut and slightly wavy-haired woman said with sympathy. Her intricately patterned dress flapped about as she quickly made her way over and then bent down a bit to Patrick’s level. “Sorry about him…” She then slowly extended her own hand out as if she was dealing with a tiny baby deer who might have been too afraid at first. “I’m Samantha. It’s good to finally meet you, Patrick.”

Patrick gazed into her stunning and intimidating green eyes but saw no malice or deceit in them, so slowly, he shook her hand back without a word.

Samantha grinned and then jabbed Lloyd in the ribs after standing back up. “See? Easy approaches work better. Do better or you won’t stick around. Thought you would have figured that out by now.”

Lloyd blushed a little and then looked apologetically back at Patrick. “Sorry about that. Just excited to meet you is all. Been hearing about you a lot lately.”

“Oh?” Patrick raised an eyebrow. “I thought all this was just a recent thing.”

Lloyd blushed even further but Dr. Halgen spoke up first. “That’s true, but Samantha and Lloyd were already going to meet you. Naturally, when they still met my new criteria, I made sure they got here right away.”

“Uh… that’s okay…” Patrick then turned back to the two Bigs looking nervously at him. “Sorry for the mistrust and all. I just…” Patrick trailed off as he thought back to his time with Redge. Lloyd and Samantha only looked at him with a gentleness and quiet understanding of what had happened.

“It’s okay, Patrick. We don’t need to talk about it if you don’t want,” Samantha then said gently after a moment of silence.

“Yeah,” Lloyd added. “No rush, but we can even get Dr. Halgen to stay or go if you want. She would normally leave us alone to talk, but we understand if you don’t feel comfortable.”

Patrick looked back at a stunned Dr. Halgen for the truth that had just erupted from Lloyd, but she just kept smiling. Everyone knew that it was a tiny decision for him to make, but it was an important process for him to heal. His power had been taken away in a manner that had horrified every decent Big, so giving him some agency was critical, despite the fact that Dr. Halgen clearly wanted to stay in the room. Still, he was already feeling better than he ever did with Redge for this one tiny decision he could make on his own. So, with a little faith, Patrick turned full to Dr. Halgen. “You can go, please.”

Dr. Halgen sputtered out a few indecipherable sounds, obviously still in shock over being dismissed from the room in her own facility, but she ultimately then just nodded and left the room without another word. She was an uncompromising and stern figure, but Patrick found that her desire to help Littles was genuine and that she would do whatever she needed to protect them. Maybe not hug them, but definitely protect them. The situation with Redge was living proof of that.

Once the door reclosed, Samantha smiled. “Thanks for that. It means a lot to both of us that you would trust us to be alone. I admire that, especially given…” She paused. “You know what...? It doesn’t matter right now. I just want to get to know you more than the wonderful Little that we’ve already hear you to be.”

Patrick blushed.

“Same here!” Lloyd agreed, smirking at the reaction of the Little in front of him. “Now, we can just jump into some of the stuff you like to do to help us get to know you better, or we can go over how all this will work, or…”

The doors then burst open and in a scene that needed to be seen to be believed, Cara in her wheelchair, and Ian and Quentin bursting into the room while pointing various toys, of course all mimicking some type of imaginary weapons, right at Lloyd and Samantha. “We’re here for our friend, so stick ‘em up! Ian shouted first.

Lloyd and Smantha both smiled goodheartedly and only nodded at each other while putting their hands up. “We surrender, officer,” Lloyd replied, trying his best to stifle his laughter over what he was seeing. Of course, it wasn’t in mockery, but rather amusement over the immense cuteness these Littles were already displaying for their friend.

Ian sighed annoyedly and put down his fake weapon. “Geez, man. We don’t actually think these are weapons or that we’re the police. Cara may be in pull-ups, but we’re not babies or anything.”

“Hey!” Cara yelled at her friend, her confidence increasing every day, despite nervously adjusting the waistband of her jeans in her wheelchair to ensure her pull-up wasn’t showing just in case. “Easy, Ian, with the side stuff. We’re here for Patrick.”

“Yeah! We’re just lookin’ out for our friend Patrick,” Quentin added before looking at Patrick. “You okay, man? Are they…?”

“Relax, relax. Everybody, just relax.” Patrick then gestured over to the two Bigs still holding their hands up. “This is Lloyd and Samantha. We’re just talking, okay?”

“But the last…” Cara tried to say.

Patrick held up his hand to stop his friend from mentioning… him. “It’s okay, Cara. Dr. Halgen explained everything to me and I’m okay. We’re taking it slow today.”

Ian just continued to glare at Lloyd. “He’s our friend. We don’t want him hurt or anything, got it?” The truth about what had happened with Redge had gotten out more than Patrick had wanted by a long shot. It turned out he was a prospective caretaker for Ian and Darren as well and both seemed immediately grateful that Redge had been brought to justice. Much to the chagrin of Dr. Halgen though, everyone was still a little jumpy around any potential new caretakers… hence the intrusion at the present moment.

“Yes, sir!” Lloyd saluted, playing along with the Littles in front of him. In truth, the Littles had no power or even posed any real danger to them whatsoever, but Lloyd was also a good sport and found it touching over the concern these Littles had for their friend.

“We just want to talk today. Nothing more, okay you all?” Samantha then added, slowly lowering her arms. “We only want the best for Patrick as well.”

Patrick felt the heat of his embarrassment over the situation but also a mixture of happiness as well for both his Little friends here and the two new prospective Bigs. It felt nice to be wanted, and while he still desired to maintain a healthy level of caution, he politely started to shoo his friends away.

“Okay, okay, buddy,” Quentin sighed. “We’ll go, but…” He then looked a little embarrassed but then turned back to the Bigs. “We’ve seen you both with a few of the other Littles as well… but we were wondering… rumors and all…” he blushed further, “uh, are you all together?”

“Together?” Lloyd asked.

“Yeah… like married or something,” Ian interjected.

It was then both of the Bigs turn to blush, but Samantha spoke up first. “No. We just met during all this and Dr. Halgen thought it would be good for Patrick here to see two Bigs that are both good people. Even stuff out and all.” She then turned to Patrick. “I hope that’s okay… I mean, we can leave and come separ…”

“No,” Patrick quickly said. “It’s okay. Don’t feel bad or anything.” Patrick then turned back to his group. “Honestly, you all, I’m fine. Just go back to doing what you were doing. We can talk later.”

The group of Littles nodded but after a little whispering amongst themselves, they turned back around, and Ian spoke. “We’ll go but we want you to first swear over your hearts that you won’t harm our friend.”

Lloyd and Samantha both looked at each other with wide and knowing amused smiles but then turned back around and crossed their hearts. “We solemnly swear that we will not harm your friend Patrick,” they said in unison.

Seemingly satisfied, the group just grinned happily and slowly exited the room. Each gave some sort of scowl or gesture to indicate to the Bigs to watch out, but the two just nodded and actually found the whole exchange to be a burst of cuteness.

With the last Little gone, the group got back to the business of the day. The first half was mostly just what Patrick had been told already about what their role would be, but it was still nice for them to actually say it. Even if they were liars with other things, Patrick had at least appreciated their dedication to all this so much that they had memorized the rules and had proven their trustworthiness a bit by not leaving a single thing out. “Right… now, to confirm, we are two separate caretakers,” Lloyd continued after Patrick wanted to further clarify that they weren’t a couple.

“Yes,” Samantha agreed, “and from Dr. Halgen, we believe there is one more than couldn’t show up today, but we can still take things slow if you want.”

“That would be nice… thank you,” Patrick said, quickly remembering and fearful over when Redge had pushed things too far and too fast.

“We’ll do that then.” Lloyd shifted around on the couch and then continued. “So, first, we can get to know you around here within the facility’s grounds, but when you’re ready, we can take you out to the places of your choosing.”

“That’s right,” Samantha agreed. “This area has a lot to offer, especially during this time of year, so just let us know.”

“As long as it’s within this state or those around us, it would just be a daytrip,” Lloyd clarified. “We can even open a line for you to use direct to Dr. Halgen… just in case you feel uncomfortable for whatever reason.”

“I…” Patrick saw the two eager Bigs in front of him. With Redge, there always appeared to be a front that he was putting on to hide something. Patrick had just assumed that it was covering for some insecurities or nervousness, but now he knew that it was just hiding his true wicked intentions. For Lloyd and Samantha though, whenever they spoke, it just sounded out with a sense of truthfulness and sincerity that couldn’t be faked. They were still two Bigs, but it was at least a nice step in the right direction. “That would be nice.”

Lloyd then looked at the device on his wrist and he looked sorrowfully at Samantha and then back to Patrick. “So, today we don’t have much time together. Dr. Halgen thought it would be better that way, but she also told us of your progress as well.” Lloyd then gestured to Patrick’s legs.

“You heard about that from Dr. Halgen?” Patrick wasn’t a fan of how she had shared his medical stuff with them, but he also guessed it was kind of like an adoption process. Still, it was a very Big thing to do and felt like a violation of privacy.

Samantha quickly noticed the concern in his voice. “She just wanted to assure us that you were going to be okay… especially after…” Lloyd then snapped her a look. She then trailed off and seemed very sad. She then seemed to realize this though and quickly shook her head. “Uh, sorry about that… but we’re just happy that you’re healing.”

“Thanks?” Patrick wasn’t really sure how to respond to them at this point, especially for something so personal to him. Patrick had come a long way in accepting all this, but he still had some ways to go to talk to others about it.

Lloyd let out a tiny laugh and Samantha nudged him a bit. He immediately looked guilty. “Sorry… we just wanted to let you know because of this.” Lloyd then reached around behind him and brought out a tall blue bag.

Patrick quickly flashed back to the blue bag that Redge had brought with him. It had all his supplies that he had spanked and violated him with. ‘Oh god! I knew it! They’re going to take me and hurt me and…’

“Easy there, honey,” Samantha said, almost getting out of her seat to help the clearly panicking Little in front of her. She stayed seated though as she realized that restraint on her part would be better at this point with Patrick’s history, so she just gripped the armrests of the chair instead. “It’s just a gift from us to you. Nothing more and you don’t even have to open it if you don’t want to.”

“You should though, because you see, we knew we were seeing you together today, so we put this together for you,” Lloyd explained. “Nothing sinister. I promise.”

Samantha nodded her head. “It’s not much and open it when you get back to your room when you can do whatever you want with it without judgement, but it might help for tomorrow and just in general.”

Patrick quickly felt confused. “Tomorrow? Is there…?”

“Oh, fiddlesticks!” Samantha cursed. “Sorry… you weren’t supposed to find out until tomorrow. Just please keep it a secret though.”

“What?” Patrick realized he only knew something was happening tomorrow but not what, where, or even when. “What should a keep a secret?”

Lloyd sighed. “Yeah… sorry about that, but I guess it might just be nice for us to tell you instead and you can process it later and before you go in.” He took a deep breath and continued. “You are starting the machine tomorrow, Patrick. After tomorrow, you might just get some feeling back… and I don’t mean from what happened to your derriere.”

Samantha nudged him in the ribs again. “Lloyd! We’re not supposed to talk about that!”

Patrick then realized that Dr. Halgen had probably gone over some guidelines with the Bigs about him to keep him safe from recalling all that happened with Redge and likely tainting his view of Bigs in general. He was already thinking about Redge anyway, but it was a nice gesture to at least try. Especially even after a week though, Patrick could still feel a tenderness over his rear, but thanks to Dr. Halgen, his fear of the event had started to dissipate. “It’s okay… but the machine… as in…?”

Both just smiled, but Lloyd took the lead. “As in the machine that’s going to get you to walk again. Isn’t that amazing?”

“Yeah… I just…” Patrick trailed off. It was a lot to process in one sitting.

Samantha looked at him with a concerned and sympathetic look. “It’s okay, Patrick. You don’t need to talk.” She then got up and took the bag from Lloyd before placing it in Patrick’s lap. “We’re going to go and let you rest up, but feel free to look at the stuff inside whenever you want… or not,” she quickly added. “Totally up to you. It might help you out while you’re staying here in the next two months.”

Patrick wanted so desperately to look inside, for the sheer joy of a gift but also because he felt that it would be a good barometer for these Bigs. Baby clothes or things meant for younger Littles would almost certainly doom their chances for him to select them. With the respect they had given him today and by them playing along with his friends earlier though, Patrick secretly hoped the gift would be something he would actually find interesting or useful. If so, both would seem like keepers with all this.

Samantha and Lloyd then said their goodbyes and Patrick wheeled himself out of the room. After a quick interrogation by his friends out in the living room, Patrick felt the weight of the package on his legs. It was barely noticeable, but he also felt the weight was partially in his head as it felt heavier with each passing minute. Not wanting to wait any longer though, he excused himself and made it back up to his room.

A few books, his music player, and a single poster now occupied his room and gave it less of a clinical or sterile look, something that Patrick enjoyed to no end now when he was here. Now making his way inside, he placed the bag on his bed and started to pull out the various items. A few minutes later, Patrick was shocked with the contents that now were laid out on his bed.

Using the latest technology, an expandable poster of Pink Floyd now lay unraveled on his bed depicting several of their albums. Additionally, there were a few local candies along with some traditional Reese’s cups and a few body lotions and shower gels that were supposed to ease muscle cramps or tension. Having attended college and summer camps before, Patrick easily recognized what Samantha and Lloyd had given him as a care package. If he was truthful with himself, it all was very touching.

Surveying the items once more, Patrick realized they would not have been easy to obtain, but each meant a lot in their own way. The poster would go a long way to making his room feel even more like home, the candies would fill a craving he had been having since he got here, and the body lotion and shower gel would no doubt be useful after his stressful days here, not to mention the afternoons after a round in the machine.

As it stood even today though, the random muscle cramps and spasms had only intensified after the cream that Redge had used for Patrick to feel the spanking that he had doled out. It had unfortunately seemed to have sped up his recovery period along with the medication, which was good in the fact that he was getting closer to being able to walk in the long run, but also bad in the fact that the spasms had become more random and even more intense now. In fact, his training pants seemed to be no match for the random spikes that he had… ‘Oh!’

Another spasm rocketed through his body. It felt wonderful to feel anything below his waist, but another urgent call from nature also came with the wonderful sensation. Breaking his gaze away from his care package items, Patrick made a beeline for the bathroom. Halfway there though, he could feel that it was too late. “Oh… not again…”

As the urine began to flow out helplessly from his bladder once more, Patrick despised that the lingering effects of the cream meant that he could now feel a spreading wet sensation mainly in his rear as his training pants swelled with the new invading moisture. As they were just to be used as a precaution though, Patrick’s accident proved to be too much for them once more… sadly something that was becoming more frequent as of late.

Almost acting on instinct now, Patrick clicked his wristband twice to get some help. Each day brought him closer to the reality that all this would soon change, but he didn’t want to admit it quite yet. It was still a distressing moment, and as hard as he tried, the only solace his mind could come up with would be that he wouldn’t be the first.

Darren, not to mention Cara’s previously mentioned situation, had been dwindling in his own capacity for some time now, and his propensity to lose his thoughts in whatever he was looking at eventually caught up with him. He had been mortified of course, but everyone in their group had been just as supportive as one would desire in that type of situation. Darren still fumed at his added plastic protection, but everyone knew the situation could have been a lot worse.

Now, as Addy knocked on his door, he knew that his turn was getting dangerously close, if not already upon him today. “Come in,” he said dejectedly.

His front door creaked open, and Addy slowly came inside, now wearing her set of blue scrubs with pink smiling and hugging bunnies all over them. “Patrick? You, okay?”

Patrick just sat in his wheelchair as his accident slowly began to spread down his legs. “I… I had another accident.”

Addy quickly reached him and saw what had happened for herself. “Oh… I see.” She then saw Patrick begin to tear up at another sign of his loss of control. “Oh, honey. It’s going to be okay. Just trust me. This is no big deal and I’ll get you cleaned up in a jiffy.”

Patrick nodded and allowed himself to be wheeled over to the bathroom. The floor was made of a special material that while soft and could maintain its residual heat on those cold nights for those with bare feet, it was also easily washable… perfect for situations like today where Patrick only dripped all the way to the bathroom.

Once inside though, Addy started again with her process that had now nearly become a part of their nightly or afternoon routine. Ever since Patrick’s first accident, accidents like these had only increased in regularity until lately it had become an almost daily occurrence. At first Patrick was mortified, but now, he knew that Addy just needed to do her job and get him clean and dry. Up first though, it was time for a shower.

Well, it was, but Addy also had other ideas. Her experience had taught her that days like these needed to be handled with care. While some Littles could perceive her actions as buttering someone up before bringing them down, she liked to think about it as giving them a respite and bit of hope that not everything was turning against them. As such, she began to rifle through the nearby linen closet to find something specific. After a minute or so, she found it toward the back. “Here it is.”

“Wha… what is that?” Patrick eyed the contraption with growing suspicion.

“This?” Addy held up the white and green tubular design. “Let me show you.” She then fiddled around with a few levers and locks and soon, the device began to take shape.

Patrick couldn’t tell what it was, but as soon as Addy removed his usual shower seat and replaced it with this new device, he realized what it was. “Is that a bath seat… for babies?”

Addy just looked at Patrick’s horrified and terrified eyes. “Look, honey… this is a special one. It’s designed specifically to help with baths for those who are paralyzed.” She then began to rub his back. “Now, I’m going to run the bath and then help you in. I know everything has been so stressful for you lately and I know with absolute certainty that this can help.”

Patrick didn’t trust the contraption, but he did trust Addy as much as any Little could trust a Big around here. The incident with Redge had proved that, but given some time, Patrick had also realized why she had done it. Redge had sworn revenge the day some local security had escorted him from the grounds, but after, everyone had just shown him support or even gratitude. More stories began to flood in about the past Littles he had tortured, so, despite his family’s dealings and influence in the area, he had little power to utilize it in this new type of society. Patrick only remained a little worried still though when he seemed to disappear when authorities tried to question him afterward. After three days, they were still searching for him with no luck.  

Regardless, Addy then began to remove Patrick’s clothing one piece at a time, including his soaked red hippo-themed training pants. The whole ordeal had become so horrifyingly routine though, that Patrick just let her do her work and was only now slightly uncomfortable with his nakedness on display in front of her.

Addy quietly smiled at the blush that still appeared on her charge’s cheeks. It was almost cute, but she also knew that would soon be changing to some degree as she gently lowered him into the seat. It always did. “Now, this comes with a strap if needed, but I wouldn’t think of strapping you down, okay?”

Patrick noticed the strap and just nodded. Addy glumly smiled back and ensured the door to the tub was sealed shut and turned on the water after plugging the drain. It was a simple process, but the tub soon began to flood with a nice calming type of hot water. Once again, letting him take in the feelings and relaxing sounds of the water, Addy went into the main room to prepare what she needed for what came after.

Knowing this day might soon be coming from Patrick’s increased accidents and the other day with a nearly soaked diaper, she had yet to return the portable changing mat that she had used to change him out of said diaper. Now, she wasn’t punishing him for the other day by any means, but it had clearly shown his incontinence. There may have been some mitigating factors, but Patrick wasn’t getting any better and she doubted that Psyche would truly devote any time into retraining his bladder while he was here with her. With her plan, he would at least get the dignity of not leaking every day.   

As such, as Patrick settled into the bath chair, Addy removed the side panel from his room once more and pulled out a few supplies. At this juncture, more items would need to be removed, but she still knew that she had to be cautious in this process.

Checking her watch for the small monitor in his bathroom, Addy knew she didn’t have long until she needed to stop the water, so she quickly decluttered his bed. Once satisfied with its cleanliness and ensuring each of his gifts today remained intact and stored away for future use, she spread the changing mat back out and set some supplies to the left of his bed and mostly out of view. Her years of experience with at least Littlecare knew that days like today could be tough on most Littles. If Patrick had seen anything right out of the bathroom, she knew she could have a problem on her hands.

Still, once happy with everything, she went over to the wheelchair. She then removed the cover and quickly sanitized the chair before choosing a new one, this fabric adorned in a variety of multi-colored sports cars. It was relatively mature but could also easily be seen on the bedding of a toddler, or, in this case, a Little.

With everything now done, Addy returned to the bathroom, the tub about 3/4s full. “Now, are we ready to get cleaned?” she asked sweetly. Control on the part of Patrick’s was very important. Breaks in trust or robbing him of some autonomy now could be devastating, so she just waited for any signal from Patrick.

Seconds later, Patrick just nodded his head and shifted about in the now submerged bath seat.

Addy smiled and got to work. Like last time, she slowly and gently scrubbed his body with pleasant-smelling gels and shampoos. She saw right away the calming effect this had on Patrick and was instantly gratified on a job well done. Ian apparently had his first accident the other day as well and from what she could hear in person or dangling about in the rumor mill around here, he hadn’t acted so kindly to his nurse.

Regardless, a nice froth from all the mixtures used to clean and relax Patrick had now formed a sea of bubbles. While it made Addy’s job harder to clean where she needed, she couldn’t help but be enchanted as Patrick eyed and then cradled a few of the larger bubbles in wonder. It was at that moment that she knew that Patrick would be okay in all this no matter what happened. Instead of being embarrassed by his accident, he was now just lightly playing around with bubbles. It was small, but it was also an important step in all this.

Addy then checked Patrick’s fingers. “Oh no! Someone’s hands have gone all pruny. I think it’s time to get out, huh?”

Patrick snapped out of his gaze at all the bubbles and the multi-color reflections that shimmied off their delicate surfaces. The chair replacement had been a hit to his own ego and independence, but all the sensations that now coursed through him, were all so… pleasant. Patrick was abhorred over his feeling of satisfaction and that he never wanted to leave, but then quickly gave himself a break after Addy gracefully cascaded a nearby cup of water over his head. Other things weren’t so great in life at the moment, but this… ‘I could get used to this…’

All good things can’t last though, and after his last rinse, Addy started to drain the water and towel him dry. Now, while all this was wonderful, she then picked him up, an action that had also become routine during days like these. That, however, was where the similarities ended in this after-accident process. Most of the time, Patrick knew he would just be led back to his bed or chair and be helped into the clothing that would replace whatever he had on previously. Today though, Patrick blinked back a few tears and his calming reality was shattered when he saw the large changing mat on his bed. “Is that…? Patrick blinked back more tears and Addy took notice.

“Shhh, shhh,” she started to rub his back once more. “Easy there, sweetie. I was thinking that we may need the talk, but I think you already know what needs to happen, right? I know it’s tough, but you know what needs to be done to help you.”

Patrick did but was still too ashamed to not struggle with the admittance of what was about to happen next. “I’m… I need something… thicker, right?”

Addy smiled over his reluctance with all this, and while pure acceptance was nice from a Little, she would always prefer this form of reluctance to the more usual outright rejection or even bouts of hostility. “Yes, honey. I think you do.” She then carefully set him down on the mat and reached over and grabbed a large and thick white rectangle from the side of the bed where she had placed it before.

Patrick gulped and Addy clasped his hand firmly. “It’s going to be okay, Patrick. This isn’t a mark of anything else you might be thinking. This is just protection, okay? Nothing more…”

Patrick blinked back a few tears and nodded as best he could. “A… and… the others?”

Addy was a bit confused over the generality of the question but then realized he was just asking about his friends. “You think they’ll make fun of you?” Patrick slowly nodded and Addy squeezed his hand. “They would never do that to you. This happens to a lot of Littles, and besides, you can’t feel anything for more than five minutes below your waist, and even then, it’s just a bunch of spasms and mismatched signals right now. I can’t think of a Little who would have less reasons to be laughed at about all this than you.”

Patrick nodded his head and an errant tear fell down his cheek. “Okay… let’s just get this over with then.”

Addy nodded and slowly guided Patrick onto his back on the changing mat. After a moment of bringing the rest of the supplies up to the level of his bed, she unfolded and fluffed out the diaper. She knew it could make it thicker, and therefore more obvious to the other Littles, but she also knew that Patrick needed the extra bulk for now until she could elect to use diapers more suited for the younger Littles. As it stood right now, despite its relative thickness and immense crinkling, the diaper was only decorated with a couple of bubbles on the outside. The ones she suspected that he and the other Littles would need often were even thicker and decorated with cartoons or something far more blatantly juvenile.

Addy longed for the times where she could use those more colorful or elaborate diapers, but she knew it was far too soon for those. Instead, for now, she only removed the towel still over Patrick’s lower half and started up to get her charge into his first fresh diaper under her watch.

Using her sheer size and strength compared to a Little, she easily lifted his legs and slid the diaper underneath him. Having already cleaned his body in the bath, she went quickly about her work and simply dusted Patrick’s lower half with a liberal amount of baby powder.

Patrick was mortified at all this, and he even trembled a little with flashbacks to his time not so long ago with Redge. In the end, however, Patrick made it through the ordeal and could only smile as Addy finished securing the last of the diaper’s tapes to the front landing strip.

Addy then helped Patrick up into a sitting position. He could only really comply with it all in his current state and so he just curiously poked at his newly acquired diaper and pondered why he hadn’t broken down completely. It took less than a minute for Patrick to figure it out though. It was Redge himself.

Or, at the very least, what he had done to him versus what Addy had just done. Using her learned skills or just natural caretaking or cultured instincts had led her to treat Patrick with a rare form of respect held for Littles. Further, he realized, she had also shown him a kindness during the whole process and had even asked him for permission to help him out in the first place. On nearly every conceivable level, Addy had succeeded where Redge had utterly failed. With her, a diaper change was just a normal process, and as scary as it may have seemed to Patrick that a diaper change would be as quick and normal as something like breathing, he was also comforted by the fact that he wouldn’t be further traumatized today. Seeing as he likely needed the thick garment now attached to him, as Matilda had told him, acceptance was probably just for the best.

Letting her charge rest against a few of the pillows while he still poked and prodded his new selection of undergarment, Addy left to go about a few of her other tasks. She was a valued and seasoned nurse here and she knew that even though Patrick was slated to perhaps walk fully in the future, he would start to depend on her for other needs. As a result, she needed to be prepared and keep his room tidy for the days that were to come. So, in minutes, everything was as how it should be in a tidy and well-kept room. Now satisfied, Addy went to the wardrobe and shuffled around a few pieces of clothing. “Aha! This is it.”

Patrick looked up from his newly taped diaper to where Addy was walking back over to him. The acceptance of a diaper was a given barrier that many Littles came to accept and knew full-well that other changes may be required as well as a result. For example, clothing may have to be altered or at least modified to accommodate their bulk, if not the diapers inherent need to be changed. That being said, other items often fell into place that weren’t so obvious, like the large pair of pajamas that Addy was now bringing over to Patrick.

“What are those?” Patrick asked, though already dreading and knowing the answer.

“These?” Addy asked with as much innocence as she could. Juvenile pajamas weren’t diapers, but they could just as well be as triggering, if not more. Diapers had a usage and even the elderly could be found wearing them amongst the various dimensions out there. The juvenile pajamas adorned with several colorful airplanes, however, weren’t so much.

“Yes, Addy… are my current pajamas not… I don’t know… enough?” Patrick began to hug one of his pillows again, this time almost seeming to be more of a shield over what was to come than anything else.

Addy came closer and sat on Patrick’s bed next to him. “Patrick, sweetie. These are just part of a… costume here, or even a form of camouflage in some instances.” Patrick stared at her in disbelief. “Look, you are wearing diapers now. I can’t change that fact and if you could, I’m sorry to say, we wouldn’t be here right now in the first place, but we are. As such, some things just go along with them better.”

“Like these… infantile pajamas?” Patrick asked, now feeling one of the legs. It felt… heavenly.

Addy smiled as she caught sight of Patrick’s weakening defense over wearing these. They had been designed specifically for Little comfort, so their immense softness was almost too good to pass up for anyone. In fact, most of the nurses wore a similar pair themselves to bed, but of course, their designs were more adult in nature.

“Patrick… these aren’t infantile. They may not be the patterns you are used to, but they aren’t infantile. I don’t think you’ll end up like that around here, especially considering that you met with both Samantha and Lloyd today. They’re good people. Not the newborn type… if you know what I mean.”

“I guess…” Patrick said dejectedly. The day was obviously catching up with him and Addy briefly wondered if naps were soon to be a part of Patrick’s routine. Some caretakers required them while others just insisted on quiet time and let the Little fall asleep on their own naturally. “But why these?” Patrick asked defensively.

Addy sighed. “You are a Little here, Patrick, and you are now diapered. You are still the same person, but there may be certain… expectations for you going forward. Clothing is just part of that realm, but also, I can see you seem to be enjoying the feel of these anyway.” Patrick immediately dropped the leg of the soft pajamas he had nearly been caressing.

Addy giggled. “It’s okay, honey. They’re meant to be soft, but also, look here.” Addy then brought the mid-section of the pajamas closer to Patrick’s view where there was a clear distinction of extra fabric, obviously cut that way to accommodate the wearer being in diapers. “These are designed for diaper wearers. They will help prevent leaks and are even waterproof to a degree. But more importantly, your diapers will actually be able to fit under these. With your current ones, I doubt you would get them up past your thighs.”

Patrick remained deep in thought for a moment. Addy could see the wheels spinning around in his head but was still appreciative of the fact that he hadn’t outright rejected these before. Her last Little had a meltdown over just seeing them in person. She had done everything right, but some Littles just couldn’t accept the reality of their situation here.

Patrick didn’t want to wear the pajamas now held before him. Trying to justify them though, he guessed the planes were nice, and he surprisingly didn’t really mind them, but he was more against their principle in general. If he gave in now, he feared that Addy, on the orders of his caretakers or Dr. Halgen or just of her volition, would insist on further juvenile clothing. Like the diapers though, Patrick knew that he had a long road ahead of him. For the greater good and to prevent another spanking, whether they had promised those wouldn’t happen or not, acceptance of the small things might just be the wiser and more mature thing to do. He might have had another choice, but acceptance of these admittedly comfortable pajamas might just be something that he had to deal with. So, with a sigh, Patrick nodded his head. “Okay… I can wear them.”

Addy grinned widely and then easily helped her charge into the soft and colorful pajamas. Satisfied that he was ready for bed now, Addy realized she had one more task to do after settling Patrick into his covers for the night. She went over to the fridge and looked back at Patrick like she had just forgotten something. “I’m about to leave for the night, but did you want anything to drink? I stocked your fridge with a bunch of drinks if you wanted them…”

Patrick could just feel the bulk of his diapers but definitely could hear their slight rustle when he turned over to look at the fridge in his room. He was thirsty, but after a day of caregivers, accidents, baths, and now diapers, he wasn’t sure if he really trusted anything right before bed. “Uh… no thank you…”

Addy merely nodded, satisfied that she had at least asked, and then went back over to the light switch. “Goodnight, Patrick.”

“Goodnight, Addy. Thank you for… well, for helping me through all this. With… Redge…” Patrick shook his head, hoping that eventually Redge would just be a horrible but tiny blip in the story of his life. “I just want to thank you for what you’re doing for me.”

Addy warmly smiled as she felt her heart surge with happiness. She briefly wondered if Patrick would be up for her to adopt him instead of the other caretakers but also knew too well that even suggesting that at this point would only amount to self-sabotage. Instead, she just nodded. “You’re very welcome, Patrick. Now, pleasant dreams.” Patrick nodded and smiled back before Addy flicked off the light.

Settling in for the night, Patrick couldn’t help but reflect back on the day. Samantha and Lloyd seemed like good people, but he knew that it was still early to get a true feel for them. He knew they would be back, and that he could get a better opinion of them one on one at that point down the line. If nothing else though, he could tell they were at least better than Redge. Perhaps not the greatest challenge ever, but it was something.

More importantly in his day though, as Patrick shuffled around, the diaper was immediately obvious. He had once worn one as an alternative to his usual catheter system, but it had been too weird. His ego was far too fragile at that juncture, so the alternative of inserting something inside him was horrible but in some odd way, less humiliating.

Now though, the feelings of the diapers were different. Embarrassing still, yes, but also maybe even… safe? He wasn’t sure what to do with the feelings he had now, but something more pressing was on his mind. It had started this morning but had only seemed to grow in intensity and length. He thought it was just his imagination, but Patrick could feel parts of his pelvis.  

It wasn’t much, but it reminded him of two very important things. First, he was now diapered. The training pants were thinner but still carried a bulk about them. Still, he couldn’t feel below his waist, so it wasn’t really a problem, unlike when he had first noticed that Cara had worn a pink version of them last week before her pull-ups and couldn’t walk right for three days. Secondly though, he could feel something. The bargain that he had struck all those weeks ago now was paying off. Sure, the caretaker aspect was still looming as well, but feeling his butt was something else entirely when not being beaten senselessly.

Dr. Halgen had classified what he had endured at Redge’s hands as a beating rather than a spanking and Patrick felt that it was one of the stronger reasons that Redge had been banned and was now on the run from the police. Regardless though, feeling anything below the waist felt like something out of one his nicest dreams. He was paying a heavy price for that dream to become a reality, but for now at least, a tiny part of him felt like all this could be worth it. As he imagined just taking a simple walk down to the lake, another part overshadowed his mind. All this, for better or worse, was still just the beginning.

• Like 16
  • LostBBoyBear changed the title to A Walk Into the Unknown: A Diaper Dimension Story (Chapter 10 - 06 October)

Another very strong chapter. (Less traumatizing this time.) I can't help thinking that Redge might yet menace Patrick; why else would he have escaped custody? 

Well this was a very good chapter. I was kind of excited that a couple had come to see Patrick and was then a little disappointed when I learned that they weren’t a couple. Having both a man and a woman caretaker would be a good thing in my opinion. They could balance each other out. A couple of parts I was particularly found of were where Patrick’s friends came to his rescue. It’s good to have someone watching your back. I also liked how Abby transitioned him from the training pants to diapers and the comfy pajamas. I was a little surprised with the bit if information that Abby imparted.  She might want to adopt Patrick.  That could be a really good thing for him.  He is treated right and gets the care and neutering he needs. 
I think there was another place where you might have mixed up some names.  When his friends left the office you used Ian a few times and I think you wanted it to be Lloyd. It really didn’t detract from the story just threw me off a bit. I am looking forward to reading more. 

It's great seeing all the theories of r what is going to happen next in this story. Some of you have guess right, and others have thought about things that I didn't even consider, which is great! I could have taken this story in several directions, but I think at least most of you will be satisfied with where it goes from here. Right now, we're almost halfway through the story, so stay tunned for more parts either tomorrow or on Tuesday.

I hope everyone enjoys this next chapter!

Chapter 11: Give Me Needles or Just Something!

The next morning, after a quick bath and change from Addy, Patrick made his way downstairs in his wheelchair and ate a nice helping of breakfast around the table. He was the first one up today and only met Ian on the way out. Ian wished him a sincere, if not sleepy, good luck, but the two then parted and Patrick made his way back to Bruce’s therapy room. Oddly, he could hear a slew of curses and banging around from inside. “Hello? Bruce? You okay in there?”

The banging stopped and Patrick could hear footsteps run up to the door before it opened wide. “Hey! Patrick! You’re a bit early,” Bruce said, slightly out of breath.

“Oh… should I come back… or…?”

Bruce shook his head. “No, no. Come on in. I was just finishing up.”

Patrick nodded and wheeled through the door that Bruce had propped open. Inside, was a large almost jacuzzi-looking machine. “What is that?”

Bruce smiled as he tightened one of the last dials on the side of it. “This…” he grunted before finishing the last of the screws of the machine, “is your machine.”

“My machine?” Patrick asked skeptically and almost worriedly, once again looking over the sleek white and shiny stone-gray finish of the machine in front of him.

Bruce let out a chuckle. “Yes, your machine. It’s going to help,” he then pointed to Patrick’s legs, “those puppies move again. I hear you’ve been feeling some sensations lately?”

Patrick nodded. “Yeah. Mostly just jolts and shocks, but yesterday afternoon I really started feeling something… more. Gone now though…”

Bruce smiled sympathetically. “That’s okay, buddy. That’s what this baby will do for you,” he said patting down his new device. “Meds and stretches or massages will only do so much for you. They can help get some patients halfway down the line, but you’re a bit trickier in some ways. Have to align things properly and actually fully regrow some of your nerves. You need an extra… push.”

“And you can do that?”

Bruce let out a small laugh. “Well… yeah. I don’t mean to joke, but we brought you over here for a reason. Swear on all my dumbbells back home and stretching tapes here that I am not one of those trickster-Bigs. I really want you to walk again, okay? This machine is going to do that.”

Patrick nodded his head. “Okay…”

“Good.” Bruce then walked over to Patrick. “Now… arms up and let’s get started.”

Patrick did as he was told, and Bruce gently picked him up out of his wheelchair and then set him in the machine. After pressing a few buttons with some audible beeps and whirring, Bruce stepped back and the machine came to life. “Excellent. I’ve set it all to just run on auto for today at least. I’ll have to modify it more in the future, but today… we just need to get a few things rolling.” Patrick nodded and let the machine do its job.

It was an odd sensation and once it got going, Patrick could only really describe it as a cross between a massage chair, a heating pad, and what he imagined being a towel in a drying machine would feel like. He just closed his eyes and waited for the bumpy ride to finish.

One loud ‘Ding!’ later and Bruce came back over and shut off the machine. “How are we feeling now, sport? Any change or…?”

Patrick felt his head slow down and realign itself with reality after being shaken by the machine. “Ugh… that was… something else.” Patrick’s eyes then immediately shot to his legs as Bruce started to lift him out of the machine. He tried moving even his big toe, but it was no use. “Move… move. Move! Move, damn you!”

“Woah, easy there, buddy,” Bruce said, trying to calm down the obviously upset Little in front of him. “It takes some time. Utilize some patience young grasshopper.” Bruce tried to help his friend smile, but he only saw a deep sadness start to form over Patrick’s face instead. “What’s wrong? Tell me.”

Patrick wiped away a tear of pain and frustration. “I… I just feel… I feel like the defect around here.”

Bruce narrowed his eyes and stroked his chin in confusion. “Defect…?”

“Yes.” Patrick smacked one of his legs. “Defects… you know? I just… everyone else seems to be getting better, and I’m… nowhere.”

“Hey,” Bruce said with a suddenly stern voice. “Look at me.” Patrick did. “Now, all this is just progress. Most of your group was within a year of death. Heck, we almost denied Cara because we thought that she might not even make the journey over here. So, with people like that, the results are a little more noticeable.”

“So… I’m not defective?” Patrick asked, a tiny whimper also making it out into his wording.

“Oh, buddy…” Bruce patted the saddened Little in front of him on the back. “You’re doing great. Just give this time and I’m sure you’ll be doing handstands in no time, okay?”

Patrick sniffled and wiped his eyes. “Okay…” He wiped again and realized the fuss he was making. “Oh… ugh. Sorry about that… just… with all that happened… it’s just so frustrating.”

Bruce sighed. “Yeah… I’ve never been paralyzed, but soon, you’ll be able to walk just as well as everyone else. So, for a little while longer, just hold onto that thought when everything gets a little dark again.”

Patrick nodded and after a tiny and quick hug between the two, Addy walked back in. She normally wouldn’t, but like many things now, the daily routine was also changing. Giving in more now to her direction, Patrick just let himself be wheeled back up to his room without question. There, already prepared, was a fresh diaper and changing supplies lying on his bed inside. “Is this really necessary?” Patrick asked with a bit of a groan.

Addy sighed. “Well… no, but I’ve got pretty good senses by now about these things, and I’m almost positive you’re wet by now.” Patrick still didn’t seem convinced. “How about this… if I’m wrong, I’ll get something more for your room or a special desert for tonight.”

“And if I’m wrong?” Patrick asked with some hesitation. Before all this, back home he would have had to at least empty his bladder once. That hadn’t happened this morning and he couldn’t rely on his passive control anymore.

“Hmmm… what about that if you’re wrong, I get to choose one thing for you.” Patrick waited for her to elaborate more and even used some hand gestures when Addy remained silent, but she just waved her own hand back at him. “No, no. I can’t tell you more but to some it could be a gift, while others could consider it… well, something else.”

Patrick mumbled to himself for the next few minutes, but finally shook his head and extended his arm. “Deal.”

Add smiled and shook his hand back. After their thorough pact was agreed on, Addy leaned down and unzipped Patrick’s pants and then slipped her hand in one side of the diaper for good measure. “Just as I suspected… wet.”

Patrick’s eyes bolted down and he just shook his head in disbelief as even he could see the discoloration on the front of the diaper. “I guess you win…” His eyes fogged with tears.

“Oh, honey,” Addy cooed. “Don’t feel bad. Your end of the bargain might just turn out to be a gift in disguise.”

Patrick seemed less than convinced but then just laid back on the changing mat and let Addy go about her business. It was still humiliating but Addy insisted that they just talk about anything else while they were in this situation. So far, Patrick had learned about the upcoming Olympics games and a new product hitting the shelves from Juventas that could be used for both Bigs and Littles.

Regardless though, the two were so ensconced with the diaper change that they hadn’t realized that the door was slightly ajar. In what could have been easily nominated as the most mortifying experience of Patrick’s life so far, Addy was nearing the end of the change and after a small knock, Samantha decided to walk in.

“Oh my god!” Patrick began to panic and nearly slapped Addy’s hands away from him. “What is she doing here? Get out. Get out! Get the hell out now!” Samantha backed out slowly, too stunned by his sudden outburst to say anything, but apparently, she still wasn’t fast enough. “Just leave!” Patrick shouted again.

Addy could tell that Patrick was freaking out and left him for a moment on the bed, with his new diaper pulled up over his front in case of further accidents while she was away briefly, and then escorted Samantha back out of the room. Inside, Patrick couldn’t believe his luck with her seeing him like this. She seemed like a nice person, but as a Little, getting a diaper change in front of someone he had only seen for an hour at most, did not feel like the impression that he wanted to send. It was inevitable, but he needed a great deal more trust with her than what he currently had.

After a moment of consoling Samantha outside, Addy re-entered the room and disapprovingly glared at her charge. “Oh Patrick… I understand you are upset, but you are going to apologize to her, do you understand? She is very sorry for entering in here and she understands that you’re embarrassed, but you were very rude. One thing that you will find out quickly the hard way if you keep that up is that Psyche does not tolerate that type of behavior.”

Patrick quickly felt ashamed of his behavior and could only whimper in embarrassment and the fact that only his hand was keeping his diaper up over his privates. “I’m… sorry. I’m just not used to all… this. I didn’t want her to think of me as a baby.”

Added nodded her head and after moving his hand away, resumed changing Patrick’s diaper. “I understand that. It can be a lot but try to think of yourself in these situations as a Little instead of a baby. Trust me when I say that you are a long way from any form of that definition right now. Besides, even around here, babies have just been born. You were born almost three decades ago. So, you’re a Little, and not even a regressed one at that. Take comfort in that notion if it helps.”

Patrick nodded his head as her words entered in his mind. Being a Little was still all new to him, but he was at least glad that Addy had made the distinction between being a baby and being a Little. It wasn’t much solace in the grand scheme of things, but it was still something he could hold onto, especially in moments like these where Addy had just applied a large plume of baby powder and then securely fastened his thick diaper back up.

“There. Now, let’s get your clothes on and I’ll get Samanatha to come in here so you can apologize directly to her.” Patrick nodded submissively and let Addy help him get dressed. Once deposited back in the wheelchair and disposing of the necessary items in a nearby and recently added pail, Addy went out of the room and brought Samantha back in.

Patrick immediately felt as guilty as he could after seeing the pained and almost frightened look on Samantha’s face as she got closer. “I… I’m so sorry, Samantha,” Patrick finally managed to make out. “I was very rude to you, and you don’t deserve that. I just… I didn’t want you to think of me like a baby…” Addy cleared her throat and then gave him a knowing look. “Oh, right… like a Little I mean. So… I’m so very sorry.”

Samantha listened intently and then spoke up. “I understand, Patrick. We’re at the start of a journey together and there might be a few bumps along the way, and truthfully, that’s completely okay. Just try to use your words and not scream them out so much, alright?”

Patrick nodded his head, and after Addy had quietly exited the room, the two began to talk in earnest. After a while, Patrick began to finally feel a relief over the sensation of someone caring for him in an adult and parental role, but also giving him the respect of also treating him like an adult. Addy did it as well, but Patrick was never fully sure where her job truly ended and she began. For Samantha, she was only here because of him. It was confining in a way that made one feel the helplessness of a child, but it also felt nice that someone was here just for him as few others could be.

The conversation proceeded from there and the two began to get to each other better. It turns out they had a lot in common and if they had been in the same dimension, they would have only lived about an hour apart. After a while though, Samantha began to get a look like she wanted to say something more. After they finished talking about possible trips to take together when Patrick felt more comfortable leaving the grounds here, Samantha finally spoke her mind. “You know, you’re not my first Little.”

Patrick kind of suspected that from how she treated him, but it was still somewhat of a shock. “Wait… I’m not?”

“No… in fact, you’re not even my first Little in a diaper, or even a wheelchair,” Samantha said while still trying to maintain her cheery demeanor. She knew that while it may have been a little bit of a show at times, it served as a nice façade towards other Littles to get them to open more to her. So far, it hadn’t backfired yet.

Patrick’s mind spun at the implications, and he couldn’t help but sputter out a dozen or so questions in under a minute. “But when? Have there been so many? Did you leave or did they reject you? Why are you doing this again? Would I have siblings?” Patrick thought back to the previous discussions that he had with his friends about repeat caretakers. Multiple candidate Littles and previous interviews meant previous rejections as well. He needed answers now.

Samantha had just smiled through all his questions and calmly waited for him to finish before taking a breath. “Now, I won’t answer all your questions today, but we can work up to some of them. For now, I’ll just tell you that I was involved with the Psyche program in New Eboracum up north. It actually specifically caters to veterans and wounded emergency personnel, like cops or firefighters. It’s a lot bigger sadly with all the people there needing help, but it’s where a lot of us caretakers start. It was the same with Lloyd actually.”

The plot thickened. Patrick had felt something between the two, but he had just played it off. Now, he knew there was more of a history between them. “You two seem pretty close. Is that where you met?”

Samantha blushed. “We are pretty close, but no, we didn’t meet there… more just got reacquainted there. We actually first met at the caretaker school a few years back now.”

“Caretaker school? I thought all this was just voluntary?” Patrick remembered back to all the ads and pitches about caretakers on this side, but seeing a few of them firsthand now, felt entirely different. What’s more, he kept getting a distinct opinion that he knew practically nothing about them.  

“Eh… it can be, but Psyche likes to have most of their caretakers certified in Littlecare and techniques that were taught by former personnel here or by those already in the role. You Littles at this location and that one are a bit more fragile than some of the others out there. Not weak mind you… just more in need of some of the more tender care that we can offer. So, we attend that school either full-time or just nights for a period of around six months. Each program suggests different amounts of training. Here and New Eboracum suggest the lengthier period of study.”

“Oh wow. That’s a good amount of dedication to something that’s so subjective and not even guaranteed.” Patrick thought hard about it all and Samantha definitely seemed like one of the Bigs who really cared after the two had been talking, but he still needed to know one thing about her after all this. “So, am I your second Little or something?”

Samantha seemed to hesitate for a moment, but then said sadly, “Actually… you’re my seventh.”

“Oh…” Patrick’s mind reeled at the notion of being rejected by another Little six times previously. ‘Was she secretly a serial killer or something? But her tone and her face…’ He realized that he couldn’t simply jump to conclusions. “That must be hard…”

Samantha smiled at Patrick’s outward sympathy. “Yes… all of them were wonderful but sometimes Bigs and Littles just don’t click. I think I’m just more of the warm and fuzzy type with an adventurous streak. I think that split can be hard when finding the right Little. Most want one or the other.”

“I would imagine so, but I think it’s a good balance. You get the active bit down with the relaxing stuff as well. I used to do that all the time, before… well, anyway… I always enjoyed the balance.”

As he talked, Samantha quickly lit up as if her previous melancholy had completely vanished. One might have mistaken it for only joy over a Little seeming to connect with her, but the more discerning observer could see a speck of hope scattered in her new mood as well. “I’m glad to hear that. I’ll be sure to get some of the more adventurous trips planned out with you… if you want, that is…”

Patrick smiled and nodded. “I think that would be perfect. I would love to get out of here… well, maybe get out of here with someone other than… Redge.”

Samantha nodded and placed her hand on his shoulder very gently. “I promise that won’t happen when you’re with me. What that man did…” she then shook her head in disgust and reached down beside her from the bed and picked up the bag she had brought in with her. “It was unforgiveable, but to further emphasize how I’m not him… I know Lloyd and I just got you some stuff yesterday, but I hope you accept these from me as well.”

Patrick gladly accepted another care package from the Big and couldn’t help but smell something sugary and sweet emanating from the top opening of the bag.

Samantha noticed. “If you want, you can open it. I won’t mind if it turns out that you hate everything in there, but you don’t have to open it if you don’t feel comfortable.”

Patrick shook his head, especially after another wave of something delectable skipped around his nose. “Oh no. I actually… well, I would love to open your gift,” he finally managed to stammer out. Samantha smiled sweetly and Patrick quickly reached into the bag after seeing there wasn’t a card. He had always been taught that the card always came first, and he certainly didn’t want to be rude to the kind and caring woman before him. If nothing else in the future, he knew that she at least deserved that.

A few minutes later, Patrick’s loot now lay around him, each item causing his eyes to bug out even more than they did with the previous item. The first item had been a pair of blue fuzzy socks ‘for those hard days where comfort is king’ as Samantha had put it. The second item had been a tin of rubbing cream specially approved by Bruce already to aid in his recovery after the machine, which was orange and smelled of cayenne and ginger. The third item was a large and weighted dark gray blanket awash with slightly cartoonish images of galaxies and shooting stars. Lastly and certainly not least, was a batch of homemade peanut butter cookies, complete tiny chocolate chips and slivers of toffee. They were absolutely delectable, and already wrapped under the blanket, Patrick had helped himself to one in minutes of spotting them.

“Want one?” Patrick asked Samantha, holding the box out to her, his mouth still full of the delicious cookies.

“Swallow your food before you speak, please, but I’m good. Thank you though.” Patrick just smiled back at her and swallowed.

At the same time, there was a growing feeling in Samantha’s chest. She wasn’t sure what it was, but something about Patrick just made her want to hug him on the spot and take him home tomorrow. Given what he had gone through though, she just had to be satisfied with the hug and warm embrace that her blanket was giving him now. Patience was certainly a virtue in these situations, so she internalized her desires as much as she could.

The two bonded for a while longer, but much to Patrick’s frustration, group therapy was about to start. “Will I see you again?” he asked, another cookie in his hand, as the two exited his room and made their way downstairs in the elevator with Addy.

“I certainly hope so. I really am sorry about earlier, but you don’t need to be embarrassed about those things around me. I promise to never judge or make fun of you for wearing diapers, okay?”

Patrick nodded and smiled at Samantha. A warm feeling eclipsed his heart, but he knew he had to play this cool. Too many shows of affection at this point would just be an issue down the road by making him more vulnerable. If something did go wrong by then, he would have less leverage to refute her advances. “Okay, Samantha, but I want to say that I’m sorry again as well. I overreacted and… well, just thank you for all the stuff you brought. It really means a lot being cooped up in this place. No offense, Addy.”

“None taken,” Addy said with a smile. In truth, while she felt a little jealous of the two, she only wanted what was best for Patrick, even if that meant that he would choose someone else.

After a tender goodbye between Patrick and Samantha in the front hall, Addy wheeled Patrick into the group therapy room and sat down in between him and Cara. Soon, the rest of the spots were filled, and the session began.

For most of the session, Patrick just basked in the still-present warm glow that Samantha had left him with. The fullness in his stomach and tiny nibbles of her cookie that he had brought down with him probably helped sustain said feeling, but Patrick didn’t care. He just liked how he had felt around her. If he didn’t know any better, he could have almost mistaken this wonderful new feeling as hope. Hope that things were getting better at least on some level. Group therapy had other plans though.

Now, group therapy has its uses, but in a program like Psyche, progress is measured in a variety of ways. First, Patrick couldn’t help but notice a few more well-padded posteriors in the group today, but as no one dared talk about it, he only had his suspicions. On the other hand, though, progress could also be marked by one’s health.

For instance, of the entire group, only Darren still looked deathly pale as most had during their first session to some degree. Now, the rest seemed well-rested and almost youthful in a way that Patrick couldn’t quite place. Further, the display from Cara, Ian, and Quentin yesterday had shown that they were all on the mend. Stories shared in group only added to his growing feeling of being left behind in his progress. He tried to hold onto what Bruce had told him this morning, but it was getting more difficult with each story of success.

“Yeah… I… uh, I gardened yesterday. Little lilies that Erin here,” she said, pointing to her nurse, “said we could bring in when it got colder out. Right Erin?”

Terra’s and Darren’s nurse just smiled back at her charge and nodded. Terra was still showing signs of her advanced Alzheimer’s, but she also seemed to be more coherent now. Patrick couldn’t help but remember when they first met, and she had seemed completely lost. Now, she looked as if she was just coming out of dream. It was small but it was still a visible sign of her progress.

Dr. Halgen commended her efforts, and like a knife grating against his soul further, she just wanted to continue the sharing of success stories. Cara went next.

“I’m doing pretty good. I, uh, actually walked up to the second floor yesterday… so yay?”

“That’s wonderful news, Cara,” Dr. Halgen complimented. “In fact, let’s give her all a round of applause.”

The group then all clapped for her and while Patrick had as well, each clap felt like a punch to his own ego. Patrick wasn’t necessarily the jealous type, but he and Cara had come here together and had been wheelchair bound on that bus. She felt like an equal in some form. Now though, Patrick was still stuck in a wheelchair and now wore diapers. Cara may have been wearing pull-ups around during the day now, but she had made it to the second floor. The best Patrick could do was to feel something occasionally right before he wet his diaper, or more often than not, after he had wet his diaper.

It was jealousy through and through, and Patrick felt like the biggest ass in the world, but he just couldn’t help it. He had been having a few rough weeks and just wanted his break to come. Unfortunately, jealousy can’t always easily be hidden and Dr. Halgen couldn’t help but notice the growing scowl growing on Patrick’s face.

Once the clapping died down, Dr. Halgen spoke up. “Is there something you want to say to the group, Patrick?”

All eyes in the room immediately focused on him. Not feeling like talking, he gave a simple, “No.”

Dr. Halgen seemed less than convinced of his answer though. “Hmmm.” She then turned to the rest of the group instead. “Now group, I know we’ve talked about not sharing when you don’t want to, but what have I said about lying in group here.”

As if the group, sans Patrick, had suddenly turned into one being, they all said in unison, “Lying only hurts yourself. Lying should not occur in group.” A small shiver ran up Patrick’s spine, but he was still upset from his lack of progress. He knew that sometimes, there were just days that people wanted to be left alone. Dr. Halgen only seemed to ignore this principle.

Now, knowing he probably didn’t want to talk today, however, Dr. Halgen knew that she had to push him. If he became a Little and went to one of the typical Bigs here, he would need to learn that sometimes, Littles had to push by what they didn’t like and express their feelings before they burst and were possibly subsequently punished. Dr. Halgen knew that one day, that sharing could include a stuffy, blankie, or paci, but for today, she just needed to get him to share what was on his mind for his sake. “Now, how about it, Patrick? Ready to open up and let us in on what you’re thinking?”

Patrick hesitated. These people were his friends, and as much as he knew it might be nice for him to let it out, he also knew that his feelings and own truth would only hurt them or make them feel guilty. Instead, he just tried to dodge the question once more. “I’m fine. Just…” he tried thinking of a lie that could at least be believable, “uh, just a long day. Lots to think about and all.”

“Oh, I would imagine…” The gears in Dr. Halgen’s brain whirred with energy and determination. She had been down these roads dozens of times by now. Patrick’s overall demeanor, and a minor mention from this morning’s report from Bruce, was all she needed to figure out the real reason for his sour face… so she pushed again. “How’d therapy go this morning? Any feelings or… progress?”

The words burned into Patrick like a hot poker branding itself into his heart. ‘She knows… I need to stay strong. For the group…’ Patrick readjusted himself but stopped when he heard a crinkle from his diaper. A few of the group seemed to be catching onto something and he could feel that all eyes were on him. He had to dodge more swiftly or risk upsetting everyone, a task which was only getting more difficult. “Feeling a twitch, so yay… but all good.” He then turned to Ian. “How’s things going for you? Last you said, you were able to move around better without the pain.”

Ian nodded happily. “Oh yeah. Pain is going away and… wait… you’re deflecting!” Ian pointed back toward Patrick. “Come on man, it’s your turn now. Just talk it out.”

“Yeah! Go for it, dude! Let it all out!” Quentin said with an unusual ease, something that had become more of a staple of his overall demeanor instead of his previous stiff upper crust one.

Cara then bent over and sweetly added. “Please, Patrick. We’re all in this together. Healing as one group. I promise it will help in the long run. Please.”

It was the last straw. Patrick knew she meant well, but it was just pouring salt into his already open wound with her mentioning of ‘healing as a group.’ He had tried to repress his anger, but everyone had just pushed him over the edge. Now, his boiling internal feelings reached a critical failure.

“Just back off!” Cara was too stunned to speak but sat back in her chair. “All of you, just back off!” Patrick yelled at the rest of the group. “All of you are healing and that’s great! But me? I’m almost the same. Worse even! I’ve been abused and spanked, diapered, and humiliated more than any of you… and what’s my prize? Spasms and fleeting feelings in my pelvis that just let me know enough information to know how far I’ve fallen! Every time you all say something good about yourselves, just makes me hate myself more. I’m so sick and tired of this place and this stupid chair! I want out, but every time you all say that you’ve moved faster or stronger than before, I hate myself more for not progressing. It makes me hate everyone!”

The group remained silent, but Dr. Halgen tried as hard as she could to repress her smile. It wasn’t of cruelty or anything, but she knew that Patrick was a hider. He hid his feelings away like squirrels did for their nuts for the winter. At Psyche, the Littles repressing everything they were feeling was bad for their future caretakers and those relationships, but it was also just plain unhealthy as well. So, while her smile could have been seen as cruel or sadistic, it was actually more of a form to show her relief. At last, Patrick could unburden his heart and move forward from all that was happening to him. Now, he had a chance to be a happy Little one day. Just maybe not today…

At the group’s stunned silence and horror-stricken faces, Patrick realized he had pushed too far. What he said may have been his truth, but it conveyed a sense of hatred more than he had originally intended. He was pissed but he didn’t want to hurt anyone. So, still upset but now embarrassed as well, Patrick used the stun of the group to quickly wheel away from everyone and out the door.

“Wait, Patrick! Just…” Dr. Halgen cried out, but it was too late once she realized that he was making a break for it. “Sorry, everyone… but I think Patrick is going to need some alone time for the rest of the day.” She then turned to Addy. “Addy… can you…?”

Addy nodded and got up from her chair. “I’ll go find him. Erin… can you help Cara if she needs it?” Erin nodded and Addy ran off to try and catch up or even find her charge.

Patrick didn’t stop wheeling away from the group until he was completely outside and under a tree near to one of the property fences. He had discovered it the other day and knew the path to get here was just doable with his skill in his wheelchair. It was usually a place of joy, but Patrick just wanted some form of peace today. Just a little bit of…

“Patrick!” a voice cried out behind him.

Patrick swung his chair around and saw Addy running right at him. “Damn it…”

Addy quickly arrived where he was and even seemed a little out of breath. “Couldn’t find you for a minute there, but I saw you liking this place the other day…” She looked up at the frustrated Little in front of her. While in group he had just seemed pissed at the world and everyone else in it, now, she could see a few tears begin to fall from his cheeks. “Talk to me, sweetie. Please. Don’t hold it in. It’s not healthy.”

Patrick didn’t want to give in no matter what, but Addy’s longing looks finally pierced a small hole into his already deteriorating outer armor. “I just…” he hung his head in sadness. “I’m just so far behind everyone else. I… I… Shit! It’s just not fair! I’m the least sick coming here and now everyone can practically do handstands while I’m stuck in diapers and this… this… chair!”

Addy was a smart nurse and had suspected this possibility from the beginning but after the incident with Redge, she felt like she was no longer in the position to directly ask such personal questions. One of her biggest fears after the whole event, beyond the long term mental psychological effects on Patrick, was that her betrayal of his trust would have ruined their relationship permanently. Instead, she now knew that he needed her more than ever at this stage.

“And I can’t believe how stupid I was to trust in this place! I’m a class A idiot for coming here. I mean, I would take or do anything just to feel something for more than five minutes! I would stab needles or anything into all parts of my flesh just to feel… something. Something more than my grief for the past five years! Can you understand that Addy?” Patrick began to sob. “I just… I just want to feel. Sand in my toes, the wind on my calves, the touch of someone who wants to care for me… but I can’t! I’m just a broken toy amongst all the others who are able to go back into the toy box and get played with. Meanwhile, I’m stuck on this shelf… rotting away! Broken and alone!”

Addy’s heart was bursting about as much as it could, so with a great deal of effort, she closed the gap between her and Patrick as slowly as she could. He was still beyond upset and his yells of frustration had mostly turned into mostly incomprehensible shouts between tears. It was a pitiful and heartbreaking scene for any caretaker, so Addy just started to rub his back in slow, wide circles.

It took some time, but Patrick finally started to make sense once more. “I just… when will I get better? I don’t think I can watch them get better while I’m just stuck…”

Addy quickly put her finger over his now pursed lips. “Honey… you need take yourself out of this for right now. It’s not a competition. In fact, it’s more of a participation type of contest and it’s really how you go about it and if you make it to the finish line.”

Addy quickly looked saddened. “Not all our Littles are so lucky. I had this one girl, almost a year ago now… she was this tiny, cute dark-haired Little. Stage four brain cancer… aggressive.” Tears began to sting her eyes but with a few dainty wipes, she managed to stop herself from fully crying. She just needed to finish talking about Mindy and then move on. “By the time we got to her first treatment, her systems were shutting down. A week later all the doctors came to ensure she would survive, but they were too late. We all were…”

Patrick had managed to calm down enough that he fully heard everything about one of Addy’s previous Littles. He saw how upset she was. “I’m so sorry, Addy…” Patrick then looked ashamed. “I know I could be much worse, but I’m just…”

“Frustrated? Sad? Nervous? Brave and beautiful? All the above?” Addy asked with a slowly growing smile of understanding as she dabbed her eyes once more. Patrick nodded his head. “Oh sweetie.” Addy was smart, but she also had feelings that had been building up for a while for her current Little. Cara was wonderful, but there was a vulnerability that Patrick just seemed to excrete in most things he did, and it was only getting more powerful and therefore harder to resist.

Now, she could shut her emotions off like some of the other nurses did, but she felt her emotions just made her more empathetic to her charges. She had helped so many Littles just by using these emotions to know what they needed in a moment of crisis. It wasn’t a weakness… it was a strength and one she could use to help without any fear of possibly crossing a line. That is, until today. Seeing the upset and extremely vulnerable Little, her instincts took over, and without a second thought, she picked him up and cradled him on her shoulder. She feared the consequences of doing something like that without his permission, but she knew that he needed direct comfort right now.

Patrick had been too upset to notice any major shifts in Addy, but by the time she was rubbing his back while cradled against her shoulder, it had been too late to protest. Further, the gentle caresses and massages of Addy actually seemed to be improving his mood. He couldn’t imagine what this looked like from the outside, but for now, any feelings of comfort were readily accepted. So, he just nuzzled into her more and kept quiet beyond his still persistent cries.

“Shhh, shhh. You just rest against my shoulder, sweetie. You had a long day and even longer month. It’s almost the end of the first phase and you’ve made so much progress. You’ve even started on the machine, so for me, please just stick with us. We will help you. Bruce, Samantha, Dr. Halgen, Lloyd… all of us! I promise. It takes time, but you will walk again. Just give us a little more time and trust. Please.”

Patrick lapped up her words like they were his only life preserver in a massive storm. His confidence had been a wreck since his accidental wettings had started increasing and his demotion to diapers had only withered it further down. Today, with group therapy and seemingly everyone’s progress and health updates, he had felt like he was stalling in the mud and his will and strength to continue had seemingly evaporated. Now, he was in one of the more classic Little poses by being soothed against the large and comforting shoulder of a Big. It was humiliating, but it was such a relief as well. In fact, he couldn’t… ‘What the heck is that?’

Patrick wanted to scream in terror as an odd feeling felt like some demonic hand was reaching from down in the fiery pits of hell to drag him away to eternal torment. He was surprised that Addy hadn’t noticed his jolt, but it also gave him time to collect his thoughts and figure out what it was. Not a second later, he realized that he had just felt one side of the scrub top that Addy now wore on his calf.

It was gone now, but it had been there as real as anything else. Despite the diaper and everyone else’s stunning progress, this was something else entirely. It was a hope and an already substantial downpayment on the deal of the notion that Addy had just mentioned in her promise to get him to walk again.

Patrick couldn’t help but instantly feel better and Addy noticed. “Oh? Is someone feeling better?”

Still in shock over what had just happened, Patrick only nodded. The feeling was gone but it was a ray of hope. As foreboding as it may have been, Patrick couldn’t help but look back at his slow progress and think only two words that seemed to aptly fit what was going on now with his progress at Psyche: baby steps. Only time would prove how wise or foolish his current worry was over how accurate those words would be.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • LostBBoyBear changed the title to A Walk Into the Unknown: A Diaper Dimension Story (Chapter 11 - 08 October)

At least it appears he's starting to slowly get feeling back. I can see how he'd feel seeing everyone else's more obvious progress and not notice his own.

Yeah, either Redge or his family will strike. If it's the family I'd imagine they'd do it by using their money and probably pull some strings to somehow punish those they feel are the ones responsible, like the doctor for making sure they son couldn't adopt and Addy for reporting their son.

Redge, I'm not sure, I am sure he'll go after Patrick because not only dif Patrick rat him out, but Redge would have this need to show power and dominance over Patrick to feel in control again and there's a possibility he'll do something to Addy along the way to punish her for also ratting him out. 

Wonderful!  It was fantastic to see another chapter so soon. 
I can definitely understand why Patrick would have been upset in these circumstances.  First there have been a lot of big changes in his life recently.  The incident with Redge, then the introduction of Samantha and Lloyd.  Not to mention that he was put back in diapers again after managing to avoid them even after becoming paralyzed. Second it had to be hard to see all of his friends make some significant improvements while he hasn’t experienced the same improvement. I think Addy once again handled him just right. It has to be pretty hard on her being that she wants to have Patrick for herself. Especially when she has to bring other caretakers in to be with him. I think that Samantha is looking better for Patrick all the time. Personally, I would still like to see her and Lloyd get together and take care of Patrick as a couple. 

• Like 1

The story is coming along nicely with the chapter I've already completed. I should have another chapter out tomorrow or the day after at the latest, but then there will almost definitely be a day break after that. I need to do a rundown of the overall plot to just make sure I'm not leaving anything out or to make sure that all makes sense. It's not terribly difficult, but it usually takes more time than I can spare to write a new chapter, edit a previous one, and do the check at the same time. 

Regardless, I hope everyone enjoys this next chapter!

Chapter 12: Spasms and Stories

They say it is darkest before the dawn, and reflecting on his time here now, Patrick couldn’t help but feel personally connected with this sentiment. Upon waking up on the first day of the last week of the first month with Psyche, he couldn’t help but marvel at the life he had come to know and how different he had felt since his previous breakdown in front of the group.

While Addy still came in to give him his now usual change out of his wet diaper from the night before, bathe him in the tub with the soap that Samantha had given him, and then rediaper him for the day, there was still much to be thankful for. His breakdown in group, instead of alienating everyone, had actually shattered a part of the group’s conscious block that was still holding them back. The following day, everyone had just let out their own feelings about what was going on. They even made a game of it and practically howled at the sky with their frustrations out on the lawn. It was a silly scene to be sure, but not a single one minded. Dr. Halgen and the nurses couldn’t help but smile at the progress they were seeing, both health wise and other, in their patients.

Patrick had a care been heaped on him as well afterwards by his friends and all showed their support for not only his lack of progress with walking, but his diaper usage as well. While Darren was the only other one of them to be diapered, it turns out that only Quentin wasn’t in some form of protection by now. Though, based on a near miss from the other day, Patrick suspected he would soon be joining their ranks.

Cara, Quentin, Ian, and Patrick had even grown closer and had started their own mini therapy sessions alone at night. While before they had shared stories of their pasts and made jokes, they now also included what they called a ‘decompression moment’ where they would talk about the problems of their days and the others listening in would try to devise a solution. As such, while at breakfast with the others, when Patrick felt a tingle in his foot and then actually felt a breeze on his calf, he announced it to the group, per the suggestion that Quentin had made a few nights ago.

“Guys! Guys! I just felt something on my calf and in my foot!” Patrick lightly caressed the precious spots where he had just felt something.

“Oh, that’s awesome, man!” Ian congratulated him, spoon still in his hand with a helping of cereal and milk.

“You’re doing it! You’re doing it!” Terra added, becoming more aware of her surroundings every day.

“Congrats, Patrick,” Cara said, patting him on the shoulder. “In no time at all, you and I are going to dance till our feet go black and blue.”

“It’s a deal,” Patrick said with a slight blush. While Cara had previously been a reminder of his failure at further progression, she now had become one of his staunchest supporters. Despite Dr. Halgen telling the group to give Patrick space, she charged headfirst into the situation after he had calmed down the night of his breakdown. Thinking back, he was glad that he had ripped off the band-aid with her when he did. 

Addy slowly wheeled Patrick back into the common area where they held some of the art supplies and games. She knew that he could use the alone time after his breakdown with the group, and was almost certain he would get it here, due to it being naptime for some of the more progressed Littles and that most of Patrick’s group would be back outside by now before dinner was ready. “I’ll come to check on you in a little bit, okay?”

Patrick just nodded at Addy as she left and then thumbed around with one of the advanced coloring pages of a tiger that was meant for surprisingly meant for adults back in his own dimension. He wanted to color in the frog he had seen on the front, but someone had already done so with the initials of ‘M.N.’ from about two months ago. Regardless, the tiger would suffice to distract from his previous woes of the day.

About halfway through his serenity and the coloring of the tiger though, the doors to the room burst open and Cara furiously wheeled herself into the room. “What the hell, man? I thought we were friends, and you just unload like that?” she spat.

Patrick was still fragile from the events of that day and the ones before it with Redge and the diapers, so despite the reassurances from Bruce, Samantha, and Addy that day, tears immediately began to fall from his face.

Only having seen the angry and frustrated version of Patrick during group, the scene caught Cara off guard. “Are you…?” Cara walked up closer to the person whom she thought was her friend and noticed him shaking a little bit. “You… you’re crying… why are you crying?” Cara asked, seemingly having almost entirely forgotten about why she was upset in the first place. She had a big heart and hated seeing people cry. She needed to know what was happening to the once steadfast Little in front of her now.

Patrick sniffled through his tears and moved the book aside to guarantee that none of his tears would ruin the page he had been working on. “I… I just feel like I’m getting left behind by everyone. I don’t wanna be all alone…” he despaired.

Cara just blinked at Patrick for a moment. He had always maintained a mostly positive attitude, but clearly, something more was going on. As Patrick’s tears began to flow more freely though, several revelations crashed upon her at once. Beyond that deeply terrible… Redge, who could have been enough to destroy anyone in a place like this, she also saw his almost bone-like legs from their sheer disuse, and as she looked at him more carefully, his midsection and pelvic area certainly looked bulkier. One of her hands absentmindedly slipped to her own pelvis and felt the slight bulge and crinkle of her own princess-themed pull-up. Somewhat noticeable, but not nearly as much as Patrick’s own bulge was now. It was thicker… it was… another revelation hit her as to what he was now wearing. Without a second’s thought, she flung herself as well as she could out of her wheelchair and into his side.

Even through his tears, Patrick could feel the mass of his friend slam into his side. Cara had leaped from her own parked wheelchair and had hurdled herself into him. Her strength was still lacking, but her effort was clearly making up for that fact in her ever-tightening hug. “Cara… I…”

“Shhh…” she whispered. “You don’t need to say anymore.” She hugged him tighter and stroked his arm with what little strength she had left. “We… I was too wrapped up in my own progress that I didn’t see what you were going through. Redge… sure, but not the other stuff around here.” She blinked back a few tears of her own. “Please forgive me...”

Patrick was shocked but completely relieved over what he had just heard. After his outburst and knowing his luck, he wouldn’t have been the least bit surprised if he had just lost all his friends in one blow. For now, though, it still seemed like he had one by his side… literally. “There’s nothing to forgive, Cara. We just got wrapped up in our own lives and issues. Just promise to talk to me more and I can do the same.” He then managed to peel her off him enough to face her and then held out his pinky. “Deal? Pinky promise?”

Cara smiled back and interlocked her pinky with his. “Deal.”

After a moment, the two managed to separate from each other. Cara was very shaky getting back into her own wheelchair, but she eventually made it and decided to start coloring an elephant herself with Patrick still by her side. “Friends?”

“Friends,” Patrick said, a wide grin plastered all over his face. “Definitely friends.”

Cara smiled back and the two resumed their normal chitchat as if nothing happened while they colored in their pictures. Outside, Addy just smiled as she had heard the whole thing. She always hated it when Littles fought, so she was just glad they had rebuilt their support system for each other. For what was usually to come next, they would probably need it.

It turned out to be a great night and he and Cara had worked out all their problems. The following day, with Cara's support, the rest of the group came around and everyone hugged it out. Now, barely anyone could tell there had ever been a rift between them.

The conversations around the table then resumed over the crunches and slurps of the consuming of breakfast. A few giggles could be heard from nearby, and the group couldn’t help but look back and grow morbidly curious if the most progressed group of Littles would soon be them. After all, it was only a month ago that any form of protection from accidents seemed ridiculous. Even Patrick himself couldn’t help but spot the happily bouncing and dancing forms of both Matilda and Eddy and wonder if that would be him one day.

“So, any of you going anywhere today?” Ian asked, clearly trying to distract himself.

Terra and Quentin both just shook their heads while their mouths were full of food. Both had seen at least two caretakers by now but had rejected them on the grounds of ‘treating them as if they were potatoes or dolls at best, instead of the Littles as they should…’ or at least that’s what Dr. Halgen had summarized it as when it was brought up during group two days ago.

“I think the park for me,” Darren noted, once again looking outside and at a bird flying overhead. His caretaker had noticed his fascination with the outdoors and there was seldom a day that Darren wasn’t going to some local park or nature trail.

“Again?” Ian just shook his head. “Anyway, going to the Museum of Weird myself.”

“What’s that?” Darren asked, the rest of the group leaning in to know as well, obviously being curious themselves.

“Oh… just a place of all the unexplained… stuff,” Ian said while waving his hands about as if to conjure some magical creature. “Aliens and disappearances and jars of unknown substances. Things like that all over the place apparently.”

“Sounds gross,” Quentin noted with a grimace while also trying to keep his recently swallowed food down.

“Oh, most certainly,” Ian commented proudly. “Chris has been finding me all these awesome things. Apparently, we both have a thing for conspiracies. You wouldn’t believe how many there are around here!”

“We’ll leave those theories up to you, buddy.” Cara then turned to Patrick. “Anything for you today?”

“Uh…” Patrick actually wasn’t sure. Today was a specific day to meet more caretakers in the program rather than therapies here, but the one that was supposed to come had dropped out of the Psyche pool of candidates entirely. Dr. Halgen played it off as a good thing, as they were ‘probably a creep or something,’ but he could still see a glimmer of fear in her eyes. If one dropped out, it could be problematic for future leasing adoptions. “I’m not sure. Maybe Samantha or Lloyd will show up…”

“I’m sorry Patrick…” Cara turned away and it seemed as if she felt guilty about asking him about caretakers in general after what had happened with… Redge.

Patrick saw her expressed guilt and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. “It’s okay. Really.” Cara’s face quickly started to resume its now normal glow. “How about you? Anything fun planned for you?”

Cara’s face was normally bright and cheery lately, but the question didn’t seem to elevate her mood any further as it once had done. “I think Daphne wants to take me to an art museum or something like that…” she said glumly.

Patrick raised an eyebrow. “You don’t seem very happy about that…”

“Yeah, Cara! What’s up? She one of the bad ones?” Ian asked bluntly.

“Oh no, no, no!” Cara defended. “She just… well, I think she’s more old school with Littles. Not bad or anything, but I think she does what she wants with me half the time. We had a shopping day last week and that was kind of nice, and even today… she knows I like art and all, but…”

“She’s just not quite right, huh?” Patrick interjected. Cara quickly nodded.

“Maybe you should talk to her?” Quentin suggested, his old professor’s voice coming out once more, something that the group had noticed was happening less and less now.

“He’s right,” Patrick agreed. “From what Smantha implied before, it takes a lot for these Bigs to get here, and if Dr. Halgen’s insinuations are anything to go by… we aren’t cheap, but getting selected compensates the Bigs a lot. If you want her to be better, maybe phrase it like that?”

Cara seemed deep in thought, but before she could utter another word, the front doorbell rang, and all the Littles quickly scrambled to the door. “Thank you!” Cara said, before rocketing in her wheelchair to the front hall with the others.

As expected, Patrick remained alone as the rest quickly joined their caretakers for the day. It turned out that even Quentin and Terra were meeting new people today, and by the looks of it, both seemed very happy after about an hour of them talking together with their respective caretakers.

Meanwhile, Patrick had dedicated himself to a bit of drawing and then later reading before and after lunch on the back deck. The sun shone high in the sky, and all felt peaceful, if not lonely.

“Mind if I step in?” a deep voice asked, as a shadow passed over the book Patrick was reading.

Patrick stared up and squinted for a moment from the sun, but quickly recognized the Big. “Oh, hey Lloyd. I wasn’t expecting you today…”

He then quickly looked ashamed. “Oh… sorry, should I have rung? Or… you know… I should have rung… uh, sorry. I can just go and…” Lloyd trailed off and started to walk away.

Patrick smiled at the flustered Big before him. Despite his beard and burly features, seeing a Big in this manner was almost odd but also endearing and, in some strange way… comforting. Unlike Redge, his scrambling to apologize semi made him more approachable and as if he was a real guy and not just something that he thought Patrick would eventually select as a caretaker. In essence, he felt as if he wasn’t just a Big, but a person as well. From what he had endured at Redge’s hands, beyond Samantha, it was a nice change.

“Uh, wait!” Lloyd stopped in his tracks and turned around. “You can stay, Lloyd. I just wasn’t, uh… expecting you is all. You know… I’ve only seen you or Samantha a handful of times since you all first met me. Today’s caretaker day and all, so… I guess I was kinda keeping my expectations low… Does that make sense?”

Lloyd smirked. “Ah. I gotcha. Makes perfect sense, so no worries. I just didn’t want to be that weirdo showing up without an invitation.”

“Fair enough…” Patrick set his book down and stared at the tall figure before him. “So… anything on your mind today, or just saying hey?”

Lloyd shifted around and walked back over to Patrick. “Well, I did just want to say hey, but I was also making sure you weren’t alone or anything like that.” He then looked a little sad. “You know, when the outbreak hit when I was a teen, I was in a place like this. Wiped out 30% of the male populace within a few years. Almost died myself, but I just remember being lonely while I was recuperating in that place. Wouldn’t wish that type of loneliness on anyone.”

Patrick had often wondered why most caretakers had been female for a long time now. Some tabloids back home called it a ‘perversion of their species,’ but he had always suspected something more. Now, it made sense. “I’m so sorry to hear that. It must have been terrible.”

“Yeah… lost my dad and older brother within three months of each other… left my big sister in charge during the day when my mom was at work.” Lloyd then shook his head and smiled sheepishly. “Geez… sorry to kill the mood. I’m here to cheer you up and I’m all just bringing the mood down. Sorry about that.”

Patrick waved his hand to ease the Big’s worries. “Please. It’s a good thing to know. Makes you more… human, I guess. Hope that’s not an insult or anything.”

Lloyd chuckled. “Oh no. Definitely not. You all wear your emotions on your sleeves more than us most of the time. Can be a bit of a handicap, but we’re the exact opposite in most cases. So, it’s always nice to know and get some confirmation that I’m not just some unfeeling robot,” he joked.

Patrick smiled at the joke, but a fit of laughter from nearby knocked the smile off his face. He scanned the lawn and saw a few of the Littles playing around outside. Quentin was laughing away with his caretaker under some trees and a few of the other more progressed Littles were just horsing around with their own caretakers. Like the day before, all the happiness only showed to Patrick what he couldn’t do.

Lloyd quickly noticed his change. “You okay?” Patrick remained still as if he hadn’t heard him, so Lloyd tracked where he was looking and saw the other Littles running about or just generally having a good time out there. He placed his hand on Patrick’s shoulder comfortingly. “It’s the others, isn’t it? They all seem so happy… running and all…”

Patrick nearly jumped when Lloyd put his hand on his shoulder, but he was also now aware enough to hear his question. “Yes… I know I shouldn’t be jealous, and I know that one day I’ll be having fun as well, but for now… it’s just me and the chair. Plus, Dr. Halgen doesn’t want me leaving the grounds just yet.”

“Oh… I’m really sorry about that…” Lloyd felt a pang in his stomach for the rotten luck that Patrick seemed to be having lately and wanted to fix it. He stroked his beard and tried to think of something.

A minute later he snapped his fingers. “I got it! What if you didn’t have to leave the grounds, but could still feel like you were going someplace else?”

Patrick looked puzzled at the suggestion. “What do you mean? That doesn’t make any sense.”

Lloyd just grinned back. “I’ve been looking over this place for some time now and there’s a little spot not too far from here, but you might just feel like it’s a little adventure. What do you say?”

“And it’s on the grounds?” Patrick asked skeptically. “I don’t want to get in trouble with Dr. Halgen…”

“Nonsense!” Lloyd patted him on the back. “I swear it’s nearby and on the grounds. We can even get it approved if you want before we go…” Lloyd hesitated, but then also quickly added, “If you want that is. No pressure.”

Patrick thought about the notion for a moment. While he desperately wanted to leave here, he barely knew Lloyd. He had only shown up once since their first meeting and he had no idea where Lloyd was even talking about. The grounds of this place were big, but a place so far removed that it seemed like another place and adventure... it felt downright sketchy. On the other hand, though, Addy had given him a new wristband the other day which increased its range up to a mile from the main house. If he needed, he knew he could always call for help and they would be on him within minutes. With a sigh of nervousness mixed with anticipation, Patrick nodded. “Okay. Let’s do this.”

“Oh, excellent!” The next few minutes were spent with the two of them finding Dr. Halgen. With some hesitancy in her voice, she agreed to their outing, and before long, the two were headed down a new path that Patrick hadn’t noticed yet. About ten minutes later, Lloyd asked something that made a shiver run up Patrick’s spine. “Now, close your eyes.”

Patrick hesitated for a moment, but complied and closed his eyes with his hands, ensuring that his fingers were less than a second away from hitting his call button… just in case.

The next minutes were very rocky and at one point, one of his wheels even got stuck, but determined, Lloyd only pressed onward until they finally stopped. “Okay,” he said. “Open them.” With a good deal of nervousness, Patrick opened his eyes.

Before him was a quiet little pond. Small and probably not noticed by most people on the grounds, but it was also majestic and tranquil in a way that just made Patrick sigh with relief. Lloyd had no tricks and seemed to genuinely just want him to be happy and to feel that he had left Psyche while still within its protection. “It’s…,” Patrick turned to Lloyd with a swelling feeling in his chest. “Thank you, Lloyd.”

Lloyd smiled back. “Hey, don’t mention it. Psyche is great, but spending too much time there can be a bit much. You want to heal there… not dig yourself further into any type of hole.”

Patrick nodded and the two meandered over to a nearby bench on the edge of the water. Patrick almost couldn’t withstand the desire to not just dive in the pond and splash about in glee, but Lloyd knew what he was doing and distracted him with several stories about his life and just humorous anecdotes in general. For over an hour, Patrick could feel his mind just relax and not care about a single thing except being in the moment with Lloyd. While simple, their time together showed him that he now had two potential caretakers in the mix. The third that didn’t show up today, was almost a distant memory now.

With the sun starting to set with the days growing shorter, Lloyd stood up and stretched. “Oh man, does that feel good.” He then saw the picturesque golden and orange sunlight glint off the pond before him. “Probably should think about heading back…”

“Yeah…” Lloyd began to walk behind him, but Patrick briefly stopped him. “First thing though… I just want to thank you for this. It was really nice today. The whole thing just kinda let me relax in a way that I haven’t experienced too much here lately. So, thank you again.”

Lloyd smiled and patted Patrick on the shoulder. “You’re very welcome. We can always do this again if you want and if Dr. Halgen still wants to keep you inside the grounds. Though… if you were willing, there is a lot of fun to be had elsewhere around here… when you’re ready of course,” he quickly added, still not wanting to spook the Little in front of him.

As Lloyd began to push him up the hill once more, Patrick just smiled in satisfaction. “That actually sounds really nice. I’ll talk to her to see if there’s an end date to that level of protection.”

The two continued their trek back up to the main building. Patrick was very impressed with how little effort Lloyd expended to make the steep climb up. The views at the top were magnificent, but any poor hiker coming up the lawn or driveway certainly paid the price.

Once situated on the back deck once more where they had begun, Lloyd wished his goodbyes and a desire to come again, which Patrick eagerly accepted. In moments, it was all over, and Lloyd’s car only appeared as a dot winding down the road and off back to his home for the rapidly approaching night.

“That seems to have gone well,” a voice said from behind Patrick.

Patrick swung around and saw that it was just Cara. “Yeah. It really was. Turns out there’s a pond nearby. Good views and even on the grounds still. Got to know more about Lloyd and all.” He paused and wondered how her day had gone. “How’d it go with Daphne?”

To his surprise, Cara then pleasantly smiled like she used to. “Really well. In fact, she was hoping for more of my input going forward. Apparently, we Littles actually do know what we want,” she macabrely joked. Patrick chuckled. “She now wants to take me apple picking on the next caretaker day. I think it should be lots of fun.”

“Oh, apple picking. I used to love doing that!” Patrick briefly tapped his fingers together, nervously wanting to ask a question. “Can you bring me back some if you can?”

“Absolutely!” Cara grinned.

“Dinner time!” a voice shouted out from inside.

“Oh, shoot!” Cara said, smacking her forehead. “I totally forgot why I came out here. It’s time for dinner and Dr. Halgen wants us to wash up beforehand.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Th two smiled and Patrick gestured for Cara to go back in first. As the sun set on the horizon over the distant mountains to the west, he couldn’t help but think back to another good day. Almost now at the end of the month, all this almost felt like it could be a turning point to something better in his life, especially after he felt another tingle in his foot and cold breeze gently sway across his knees. Change was in the air.

It was all a good feeling, but Patrick also looked inside as well before entering for dinner. There, in the living room, many of the more progressed Littles were all watching a cartoon program. He wasn’t sure what it was called, but all seemed absolutely enthralled with it as they sucked down on their sippy cups or even bottles. It was almost a frightening scene if each also didn’t look positively happy with their lot in life. So, with a heavy sigh, Patrick entered the house once more, contemplating if in a month’s time that would be his group as well.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • LostBBoyBear changed the title to A Walk Into the Unknown: A Diaper Dimension Story (Chapter 25 - Complete)