LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Would You Feel If. . ?

. . Wearing diapers suddenly became glamorised?

For instance, I myself have been writing and singing songs on demo tapes and in Karaoke bars, and at some point I hope to become a Pop-star of sorts. (don't we all!)

I know most of us feel rather individual and unique not knowing many others (with the exception of the folks we meet here and on other fetish sites) who feel the same way we do about diapers.

But what if someone does for ABDLs the same thing Ellen and Rosie did for being Homosexual in Hollywood?

Supposing two years from now, my diapered ass is sitting in the chair next to Jay Leno, talking about my new celeb status and how everyone now knows that I wear diapers and why I wear them --what would many of you think? Would it make "coming out" easier for most of you, knowing you could point to someone who holds a bit more social clout and say, "I'm like So and So -- I do this." ? Would you feel betrayed?

HAHA, you'll all regret flaming me here when I'm looking like a younger, cuter Tom Cruise on the cover of GQ in my diaper and a white button-up!

i wont regret it! pop culture has done some weird things! So if it did happen most likely id be sitting there rediculing you just like I do to current pop stars, social trends, and socialites. wearing on tv is not the odd part so much as wanting to participate in the circus of our pop culture society. If its your dream man then go for it! Just remember if people say crazy things never happen go back 60 years ago and say the son of a former nazi party member would one day be the governor of california and watch them laugh at you. Society is funny like that.

. . Wearing diapers suddenly became glamorised?

For instance, I myself have been writing and singing songs on demo tapes and in Karaoke bars, and at some point I hope to become a Pop-star of sorts. (don't we all!)

No I never wanted to be a Pop-star of any sort.

I know most of us feel rather individual and unique not knowing many others (with the exception of the folks we meet here and on other fetish sites) who feel the same way we do about diapers.

Actually with a few exceptions of people that have rubbed me the wrong way, I would like to meet lots of people that like to wear diapers.

But what if someone does for ABDLs the same thing Ellen and Rosie did for being Homosexual in Hollywood?

What did Ellen and Rosie do for being homosexual in Hollywood? There have been homosexuals, known and unknown in Hollywood for as long as there has been a Hollywoodland.

Supposing two years from now, my diapered ass is sitting in the chair next to Jay Leno, talking about my new celeb status and how everyone now knows that I wear diapers and why I wear them --what would many of you think? Would it make "coming out" easier for most of you, knowing you could point to someone who holds a bit more social clout and say, "I'm like So and So -- I do this." ? Would you feel betrayed?

HAHA, you'll all regret flaming me here when I'm looking like a younger, cuter Tom Cruise on the cover of GQ in my diaper and a white button-up!

Are you trying to say that you are a social lout? Because I certainly care less what happens in Hollywood than what my close friends think. Pointing to what someone else to justify what you do, is just as dumb as jumping off a bridge because someone else does.

Sounds like a nice dream and hopefully someday a reality, but I fear that the stigma of being an AB/DL will still be quite different that coming out of the closet. For those that do proclaim themselves to be gay, they still fight many uphill battles, and I fear will for many years to come. It will help to get more recognition from State governments, but the fight will still be had for many years to come. As the "baby boomers" become more of a force, then perhaps that might help our causes of being AB/DL's. But many things will have to change for us to have what the gay community is now begining to see in many areas of this country. And I would guess that the numbers involved are greater in the gay community than here, and that will hurt in changing peoples attitudes. Should the medical/psychology community come forward and proclaim that they see genuine benefits to being AB/DL, then that too would help. But there will have to be many changes, and most assuredly many years before overall recognition and support for the AB/DL community. This forum and the internet in general should make information about this community more easily available, but there has to be the interest in searching for the information to help.

Guest John_Q_Sample

Although I agree that having the famous strut their stuff sexually helps social acceptablity(remember Madonna released the infamous "SEX" book with the metal covers and suddenly EVERYONE was into or at least cool with S&M), I really don't think that this will help with acceptance from older generations. I use homosexuality only as an example because you bring it up... 25 years ago alot of gay folks kept it in the closet for fear of social damnation. Even though it is now much more acceptable, the older generation raised with this being a taboo subject still look at it that way for the most part. Yes, younger generations are completely cool with it and open and honest, but sadly most people forever stay in the same frame of reference as they grow up in. But your exposure as a DL pubicly could really help younger generations who grow up with your music in their college years... sadly, even if you hit the Top 10 charts tommorrow, I think my generation will still have issues with me wanting to wear a diaper for a kink. Bummer.

Wow. Wide range of responses so far!

Valentine, there has to be a forerunner for EVERY movement in a society, be it social or economic or politcal. Simply by fate and motivation, SOMEONE gets to hold the title of groundbreaker to pave the way for others in a similar situation. Someone who recognized a need for societal evolution; to bring light to the dark corners in which some people HIDE in irrational FEAR of persecution by their fellow man.

Our world today is enlightened enough to understand the courage it takes to tell the truth about yourself, and there will always be a significant portion of the populace to welcome you with open arms as a reward for doing so. The unfortunate part is that one must possess other more sociable traits, not the least of which is a personality.

My generation, (15-30) seems VERY open-minded about the ABDL lifestyle. The common response I get when "coming out" is, "That's cool. And?" It takes a lot to surprise us. Considering that generation is on the verge of playing our nation's power roles, we have the inherent ability to set the tone for everyone else.

I personally have to say that it's not really just a kink. I wear as a kink, I wear because I feel like it or crave it, and I wear to relax. So I'm sure that most people wouldn't walk around thinking it's just a kink but rather a simple style of clothing and outfit with convenience. However it may take a while to get society to accept wearing diapers as a 'fad' or even to just accept the idea of people wanting to wear diapers. Honestly to really make some kind of impression it would have to be more than one person, because a single person alone comming out of the closet without any kind of 'backup' will turn people off to them and they will dismiss them as crazy/insane. On the other hand if you had a few other really well known people comming out at the same time on nationwide TV then it would become more acceptable thoughout society.

It is possible to get the lifestyle known, you just need to build momentum though public action and press, which takes some serious guts. Perhaps one of the best ways to introduce it is though myspace. I'm sure there are a few ways to get people to know that our community exists. The surprising thing would be what would happen if they try diapers on and realize that they are too ab/dl. From what I read, a lot of people became ab/dl from wearing diapers and finding them comfortable...etc. Imagine that happening in the masses thoughout our population. lol. You never know, eventhough the chances are raw, there are still chances.

I think you missed the point.

Anything goes on MySpace --that's why EVERYONE has it. Plus, it's the internet, it holds a completely different level of reality than REAL existence.

Thus, my example of stardom. Once you're in the public eye, especially in the music or acting scene and you have an 'image', you hold TONS more clout than anyone or anything that appears on MySpace.

We, as a community here are just short of producing a 'movement' and ala gay-pride-parade-style, we too, could have a mass coming-out event to raise awareness of the ABDL scene, but, we'd get brushed-off by the masses as whackos due to our present social status.

Yes, in all our human advancements in technology and ideology, we still refuse to let go of idolatry. Social hierarchies will still exist, as long as there is a society that upholds them. And those at the top, will ALWAYS set the social standard for the group.

You might want to check out shadow's thread "Help Defend Me" in the Links and Announcements section. He found out the hard way.

I think you missed the point.

Anything goes on MySpace --that's why EVERYONE has it. Plus, it's the internet, it holds a completely different level of reality than REAL existence.

Thus, my example of stardom. Once you're in the public eye, especially in the music or acting scene and you have an 'image', you hold TONS more clout than anyone or anything that appears on MySpace.

We, as a community here are just short of producing a 'movement' and ala gay-pride-parade-style, we too, could have a mass coming-out event to raise awareness of the ABDL scene, but, we'd get brushed-off by the masses as whackos due to our present social status.

Yes, in all our human advancements in technology and ideology, we still refuse to let go of idolatry. Social hierarchies will still exist, as long as there is a society that upholds them. And those at the top, will ALWAYS set the social standard for the group.

I beg to differ and would suggest that it is you who has missed the point.

From shadow's experience, it's clear that Anything doesn't go on MySpace.

And, I venture to add, "EVERYONE" doesn't have MySpace - I don't!

D <_< lly

So we all agree Myspace doesn't count. :biker_h4h:

Ease up, Dolly, you're being a meanie! :crybaby:

:boxing:

So most of you have dissected my posts and attempted to refute anything I've stated, but none of you answered the question at hand: How would you FEEL? What would you THINK if our lifestyle/kink became glamourous?

:huh: If your diapered ass is ever sitting in the chair next to Jay Leno, talking about your new celeb status, then I'm renouncing my akdl-ing ways, hiking up some granny panties, moving to Tex-ass, and joining the far right Republican Party.

With that said, IF diapers did ever became a new fad I prolly would not enjoy them anymore. If I ever saw my big sister or mom suddenly strapping on a diaper and/or sucking on a paci ... well I'd have to pluck my eyes out with a fork and feed them to a stray dog; then find someone who would be willing to bash my head with an old unplained 2x4 (rusty nails included) until I couldn't remember my own name. I'd be so horrified I'd have to kill myself just because the amount of time the head bashing and the eye plucking would take excruciatingly too long. The images would burn straight thru my brain and it would just ooze out my ears and nose like gray snot.

I like being an akdl because I'm not supposed to like it. I like having secrets that only special people know … (not all you cyber ppl that live in my computer – real ones). That's what makes it fun. I'm not ashamed of being an akdl … and I'm willing to stake my blanket on the fact that ppl who know me would not be surprised to learn I'm a big kid … but I still like having the secret – so there!

How would I feel?

pissed. I don't need "hollywood" to validate my life. I like pickle and cheese sandwiches, my wife thinks it's gross :screwy: . do you care?

I have a Gay brother n law, he lives in Californa. We all know he's gay but that does not change the fact the he's a stuckup snob. "Hollywood" put it out on a flag just so you don't notice the dirty underware in the hamper.

Now as far as MYspace, yes I have an account. It's because I'm a parent and I need to be aware of the world my kids live in. If Myspace is so great why did they have to create Diaperspace

I would think it is cool if diapers became accepted. Then when people who accept it openly talk about it you can say "yeah, I am an AB, thanks for your support" Unfortunately whenever a celebrity is found wearing diapers they are ridiculed in society. Take a look at Larry King, David Vitter and the Astronut. Now say someone were to publicly admit they wear diapers like maybe Suzanne Summers or Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers. Hollywood types are all said to be weird so people expect it that when they openly do stuff they are just trying to get publicity and it is put in the gossip rags. The thing is, the press doesn't care when you "come out", it cares when you get caught. So if diapered fame is what you want then when you become a famous pop star have someone catch you and defend yourself well with stuff like,"if it is in the privacy of my home it is ok" and "yes I am proud to be an AB, but it is a private thing" Then people would know but it wouldn't be something you push on people.

But people here are right, until it is cool to promote BSDM on Jay Leno then it'll be a while before diaper are promoted. Depends are an easy joke, something people laugh at because they are uncomfortable with their own futures and are proud of their potty training accomplishment when they were 2. Thinking Adult Diaper Wearers are weird is ingrained in all of societies subconscious, that is why it even hard for us to accept ourselves let alone expect others to get into the idea.

SDB

Because I certainly care less what happens in Hollywood than what my close friends think. Pointing to what someone else to justify what you do, is just as dumb as jumping off a bridge because someone else does.

I think that put my opinion on what I would I think if someone made diaper wearing "Glamorous" I wouldn't care.

BTW add me to the Dolly, Pipsqueak crowd. I don't have a myspace account, nor do I want one.

Wearing diapers openly and publicly as a fetish will become socially acceptable right after its acceptable to walk around town in BDSM gear. This is a kink, nothing more, nothing less. If it becomes a lifestyle then you have gone too far.

Screw you! I wear diapers 24/7, usually have my pacifier on my person, and my stuffed animal is at least in my car if not in my arms... Why? Cause it makes me happy, I like it. Too far? How so?!

...and, it's not a kink. I don't jerk off to my stuffed animal, and would be devistated if anybody did with my wolf. Same with the pacifier, it's not a sex toy.

Would I care? Not really. I wear diapers, suck a binky, hug a wolfie... all just because I like it. Same as I listen to ZZ Top and watch Mythbusters religiously, it's cause I like it. I don't care what everyone else thinks about what I like. I

If it were to become glamorous, I would have more negative than positive feelings about it. Like runaway, part of the appeal (for me) is in doing something that is not "approved" by society. Shopping for and buying diapers is fun because of this. Obviously, that appeal would vanish completely if buying diapers was just like buying the latest fashion accessory.

On the other hand, I also like diapers for reasons that wouldn't be affected by the public's perception of diaper wearing. So that leads to some of the positive aspects. Obviously, I wouldn't have to worry anymore that being "discovered" would damage my career, or my relationships with friends or family. And it would probably lead to better ABDL products. Diaper manufacturers would probably listen to us if we made up more than 0.001% of the population. ;)

One thing about celebrities, I would actually say that in some ways they can get away with more than the average person can. Flea wearing a diaper onstage isn't a big deal because of who he is. Rock stars are supposed to be weird. If I were to bite the head off a dove, people would be calling for my head. But when Ozzy Osbourne does it, people say "oh, that's just Ozzy being Ozzy."

And even if a celebrity does talk openly about being a ABDL, that won't necessarily open the doors for us to be open about our fetish. It would raise awareness, and it would probably help reduce negative perceptions of us, but I doubt that it would turn diaper wearing into a trend. Ellen and Anne's much publicised relationship might have elevated the status of gay and lesbian relationships slightly closer to that of straight relationships, but gays and lesbians are probably still decades away from having complete equality in both law and public perception.

I'd have to agree with those who say it wouldn't be a positive thing for me. Not only because part of the fun of it is having secrets that only you know and share with select people...but because I don't want my life to be "out there." I like having privacy, I don't want everyone to know intimate details about my life.

I have kids, people know I've had sex. They don't get to know what causes me to have 2 minute long orgasms, they don't need to know how to choose to de-stress and relax. Everyone doesn't need to know that when I was cranky last night, I put on a diaper, grabbed my paci and colored Disney Princesses with color wonder markers. They are details of who I am that I choose to share in full with my boyfriend and in bits and pieces with like-minded people. Just like I choose to have discussions about serial killers with people in other circles.

I don't embarrass easily. I have no problems going to a drug store and buying enemas, rectal thermometers, or adult diapers. I have no issues going to Toys R Us and shopping for wipes to use on my boyfriend or a new bottle or paci. So that part of the abdl world isn't a huge thrill for me. It's fun, sure. Something about putting on a diaper while I run errands makes me giddy!

I have a very open-minded family. But even if I could tell them about my abdl side, I wouldn't. Just like I don't tell them about my sex life, my showering habits or anything else private. They don't need to know, and I don't want to tell them. It's what makes me an individual. Who wants to be like everyone else!?