LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Turning a corner

deewet

This morning as I was just rolling over starting to think about getting up and going to the bathroom, I realized that I had already started to go in my diaper, so there was no need to jump right out of bed and head down the hall for the toilet.  While I was not totally awake yet, I did notice that my bladder was full and was planning to roll over soon and head for the bathroom as I had slept latter than usual as I had a big day yesterday, but was surprised to notice that the decision was already being made for me, a first I believe? 

I have been wearing diapers to bed now for about a year, and to my knowledge, this is the first time that I started wetting that I wasn't fully aware of starting the process, as in most cases during the night, I would wake needing to go, and would lie on my back and proceed to use my diaper when I didn't want to get out of bed for the toilet.  Some nights, this would be a 2 or 3 event ordeal, but always with me in control.  Not so much this morning, so I guess I am turning a corner.  I have anticipated this at some stage I guess, based on my declining day time bladder control, and aware of what my urologist have been predicting, but as mentioned, it may have been the first night time uncontrolled void that I am aware of.

I am glad that I have moved to some decent night time absorbency products a while back, as this was not just a dribble, but a full out wetting as once I noticed it, there was no stopping, and with what I was wearing, I had no concern of any leaks as I mentioned, I was "testing" this system on several occasions over the last few months, so was well prepared it seems.

Am I concerned about this turn of events, not really as had plenty of time to prepare myself for it and did so.

• Like 2

I may have mentioned in past postings that I have been advised on several occasions now by my urologist that my dribbles would turn into more than that in the not distant future, problems that were associated to my prostrate issues and my diabetes combined with my age and weight.  Even as my weight has gone down over that last 18 mos, my diabetes is better controlled as well, the damage has been done and my continence will be impacted I was told, but I was handling it well it seemed as I was already using pads daily which would have to be improved on as conditions worsen, I was also told.

Well, they have especially at night if I have a few beers as I did last evening at my daughter's house attending her end of summer party.  It was very hot and the beer was cold and tasted good.  After returning home, I did drink a fair bit more water to offset the impacts of the alcohol, but that made for a wet night for sure.  I was using one of my thickest overnight pullups with a stuffer, but that was barely up to the task as when I got out of bed this morning to come downstairs, I emptied what was left in me and I started to leak down one of my legs past my Gary active wear waterproof pant,  a close call for the bed!  Lesson learned; pullups are no night time substitution for a good tabbed overnight brief!  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 9:20 AM, nappy-cub said:

Thank goodness you were well padded! Were you aiming for an uncontrolled wetting? Several users has commented how they'd like to become incontinent.

When you get older nature sometimes just takes its own course. It's not a matter of aiming for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 9:33 PM, rubbersheetmike said:

When you get older nature sometimes just takes its own course. It's not a matter of aiming for it.

Certainly the case with me. I have been a nightly bedwetter since I turned 50.

• Like 2
On 8/28/2023 at 9:20 AM, nappy-cub said:

Thank goodness you were well padded! Were you aiming for an uncontrolled wetting? Several users has commented how they'd like to become incontinent.

When you get older, leaks start to happen. That's why I am kept in a diaper now cause I know I leak and I know things can happen at any time.

• Like 1

I recently had my wellness visit with my long time GP and we talked a bit about my continence level slipping and my awareness of that possibility based on what my urologist has been telling me.  He now knows and it should be in my record that I am wetting at night now as well as dribbling during the day.  Guess that makes me an official bedwetter??

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, deewet said:

I recently had my wellness visit with my long time GP and we talked a bit about my continence level slipping and my awareness of that possibility based on what my urologist has been telling me.  He now knows and it should be in my record that I am wetting at night now as well as dribbling during the day.  Guess that makes me an official bedwetter??

YAAY !!!!! Another official Bedwetter!!!   😁 I've had bedwetting in my medical record for over 3 years now... It gives me a warm glow of accomplishment every time I read it!!    😁😊😀

Dee, I often find that first thing in the morning, when I wake up to my alarm, my bladder immediately empties.  No warning at all - no signal of a full bladder waking me up, or making my sleep uncomfortable - it just releases as soon as I wake.  I'd say that this happens at least 80% of the time.

I had a first last night, and I dreamt about peeing, with sensations IIRC, from start to finish.  As the dream finished, my brain flashed a message "did I just do that? Was that real, or a dream?".  I've normally had something like this start, but then brain wakes up with a start, and the sensations/dream stops.  So maybe I'm heading down the same path to sleep wetting?  I do wear quite thick cloth nappies at night, and can pee in any position in bed without leaks (this factoid ends up reinforcing my mind that I can wet at any time in bed without impications - very big unconscious reinforcement IMHO).

• 4 months later...
On 10/4/2023 at 3:45 AM, Diapered Dave said:

YAAY !!!!! Another official Bedwetter!!!   😁 I've had bedwetting in my medical record for over 3 years now... It gives me a warm glow of accomplishment every time I read it!!    😁😊😀

My medical records state I am incontinent and enuretic.