LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pre-Training Ideas

I have read and seen many guides of things to do on day one and the following weeks/months of diaper training. But I do not think I have ever seen anyone discuss things that you can do before officially starting. Whether you want to dip your toes, not quite ready to commit, or unable due to situation, I hope this helps as a pre-guide of habits and ideas.

You are here because diapers are not a passing fancy. They may have started as a kink, fetish, or experimentation, but now a driving force, a desired lifestyle. These are things I wish I had done before starting my 24/7 journey or things that if you are not able to start training today that you can do to work towards your goals of losing bladder or bowel control.

One thing I will say after wearing 24/7 for awhile now is that there is a definite difference between wearing very rarely like I did when I was younger and the concentrated emotions that come along with that versus wearing daily to bed and the relaxing feeling that one can have while wearing at home or to bed versus wearing all day every day. There are logistical and financial obstacles that reduce the enjoyment. The same way that eating ice cream is savored after a single bite, enjoyed after a bowl, and the taste is there but not the same intensity on the second bowl or whole pint. This isn't to dissuade you from wearing but at least consider

So with out further adieu and in no particular order:

1. Save $300-500 per month – This number sounds ridiculous at first until you start running the math on quality diapers. Most mid range medical diapers will run over $1.50 and close to $2.00 each and will require 3 to 4 diapers a day. Top ABDL brands can cost $3 or more and boosters/doublers can run up over $1 each. So the number may be high but if you go several months and able to put that amount away you will guarantee that in present circumstances you will be able to maintain the lifestyle.

1. This is the absolute top range of what one may expect to pay but by doing it you have proven to yourself that you can do it. Furthermore $300X12 is $3,600. That amount of money would grant you any amount of clothing that you may need to fit over your new diapered state. Reusable products such as cloth diapers and plastic pants. Several months of disposable products that you should have on hand to ensure that you never run out

2. Consider experimenting with cloth diapers even if you only like disposables. I like cloth diapers for an in between myself. I need a change but know I am not ready for my next disposable for what ever reason, such as on my way out the door to go work out/hike, or some other situation where I want a completely fresh diaper. I also use them occasionally for working out/walking as they do not bunch up or break down due to physical activity.

1. Something else to consider on cloth diapers. That if you are under 50 (2023) odds are single use plastics and products will be banned in your life time. There may be a period that medical products are exempt but it is most likely coming and you will be forced to use reusable products 100% of the time.

2. Cloth diapers can also be a great stopgap for lean times when every dollar counts such as layoffs and other times you might be under or unemployed. If you start 24/7 and become incontinent the cost of diapers goes from a discretionary and fun expense to a compulsory one.

3. Become a habit forming machine – Think of incontinence as a degree and all the little things you do in between as different courses and prereqs.

1. Keeping diapers around at all times

2. Wearing 24/7

3. Keeping relaxed sphincters

4. wetting/messing regardless of situation

1. If you are overweight- make this a habit/goal that you achieve in your time leading up to your start date. Aside from the health benefits there are two other great benefits. 1. Some diaper brands are price sensitive to size. Some have almost a 10% delta from the smallest to largest sizes. Odds are you will not be able to drop from an XL to an XS, BUT there can still be a 2-3% price drop between sizes. 2. Diapers become more efficient/hold more with less weight placed on them. Similar to press out there is a process that I call diaper damming that prevents the liquid from absorbing in the first place. By losing weight you reduce this effect. There are two other smaller benefits. For men, fat can build up around the penis and push your urethra forward reducing efficiency. I firmly believe that if you can associate wearing diapers with positive experiences your outcomes will be better.

2. The diet outlined in the 12 month program is not particularly strict but if your diet is currently SAD (Standard American Diet) it can be a change and probably necessary to see any results in bowel control. The low fiber foods of most people lead to poop that is far too firm to be passed easily

3. Hypnosis/Self Hypnosis – Some people easily slip into trance and find nearly instant success w/ hypnosis. Some almost none. However, going into trance on demand is a skill that can be trained and worked on. If you can do this and find a hypnotic recording you like it can greatly increase your success when you do decide to go 24/7. I have found some luck with hypnosis in at least minimum it helps reinforce the dedication to a new way of living

1. Find a recording that is geared towards releasing/relaxing while wearing. 24/7 wear plus this habit could equal instantaneous effective incontinence

4. Make a list of things you enjoy/want to do. Figure out how you will do that diapered. If you find yourself giving up things because of diapers you will be less likely to continue.

5. Find a daily/primary diaper. A mistake that I have made is way too many diapers and no ability to build confidence/habit in any one diaper

1. Having different diapers for different situations is not a bad thing but try to limit that number to as low as possible especially when first starting out in untraining

6. Really pay attention to the urination process now. Really get a feel for the muscles that are working and how they work. The 12 month program calls for reverse kegals and you will feel a drop doing them but I found that there are at least 2 or 3 levels of relaxation and drop past the simple act of relaxed pelvic floor

7. If you are pee shy work on improving that. If you think you are pee shy in a bathroom stall in a place designated by society for peeing, just wait until you are trying it in front of family, friends, and coworkers in a taboo way.

8. Work on becoming comfortable peeing in any position. If you can form this habit now you will be one giant step ahead when you start 24/7 and untraining

1. How an ABDL uses a diaper is different than an incontinent person. Such as: shifting positions before use, holding for changes. These habits can be detrimental to “authentic” or incontinent use. Try to break these habits now.

2. Similar to shifting positions adjusting inside your diaper (for men) should be done periodically if needed outside the bounds/thoughts of actually going

9. Go out and do as many experiences as you can diapered and also importantly with a diaper bag. This is another habit of ABDL vs incontinent individual is the ability to hold changes how many diapers one wears throughout the day and carrying a diaper bag is unnecessary. This adds another layer of logistics when you go 24/7 for incontinence.

10. Really consider and have a good list of reasons why. Some people throw on a diaper and accidentally become incontinent. It has been my experience that it will take time and dedication to achieve. Having a very clear reason and motivation will clear the path for yourself mentally

Like I said before. I didn't do any of these before I started but kinda wish that I did. Regardless of what you decide good luck and enjoy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I'd like to stress that wearing 24/7 in itself is a mental game. Sometimes you just want to drop your diaper, dry off, and go to bed because you can't be bothered to put a new one one because it feels too inconvenient. This is a mental block you will need to get past. So try to practice NOT putting your undies back on after you feel fulfilled and just change into a new diaper. Do this consistently enough and you're basically wearing 24/7.

I'd also like to stress that the "12 months" in the "12 month program" is actually a rapid timeline. It's rare that even with complete dedication that someone achieves functional diaper dependency in 12 months. Think about it more along the lines of 3 to 5 years in this case. Again, untraining is mostly a mental game. If your mind leads, your body will follow. The frustrating part about the 12 month program is when you've finally made it to your 1 year diaperversary going 24/7 and you find you're not as far along as you had imagined you would be. Forget all of that now before you untrain. Don't make the mistake of setting your expectations too high (best to not set any at all, but good luck with that) because you'll start to feel like you're not good enough to achieve what you want. It's best to take the untraining journey with the approach that you'll do what you can to untrain, and simply enjoy the 24/7 lifestyle, whether or not you make any good progress any time soon.

Before untraining, the quicker you realize this process is 90% mental and 10% physical, the better off your mental health will be as you go through the untraining process.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Hannah YMS said:

I'd like to stress that wearing 24/7 in itself is a mental game. Sometimes you just want to drop your diaper, dry off, and go to bed because you can't be bothered to put a new one one because it feels too inconvenient. This is a mental block you will need to get past. So try to practice NOT putting your undies back on after you feel fulfilled and just change into a new diaper. Do this consistently enough and you're basically wearing 24/7.

I'd also like to stress that the "12 months" in the "12 month program" is actually a rapid timeline. It's rare that even with complete dedication that someone achieves functional diaper dependency in 12 months. Think about it more along the lines of 3 to 5 years in this case. Again, untraining is mostly a mental game. If your mind leads, your body will follow. The frustrating part about the 12 month program is when you've finally made it to your 1 year diaperversary going 24/7 and you find you're not as far along as you had imagined you would be. Forget all of that now before you untrain. Don't make the mistake of setting your expectations too high (best to not set any at all, but good luck with that) because you'll start to feel like you're not good enough to achieve what you want. It's best to take the untraining journey with the approach that you'll do what you can to untrain, and simply enjoy the 24/7 lifestyle, whether or not you make any good progress any time soon.

Before untraining, the quicker you realize this process is 90% mental and 10% physical, the better off your mental health will be as you go through the untraining process.

I have been trying to become totally diaper dependent since I started, I really say it is much more mental. When you are afraid that people will find out it is hard to convince your mind it's ok to pee anyplace anytime . I want to be totally diaper dependent . But I  have been fighting my mind for soooooo many yrs. I have done Hypnosis but not on a daily basis like I would need to be sure it would work. I really agree it taks a long time for most of us, we have been out of diapers as adult since we became adults. 

• Like 3

You make a lot of great points, @DAQ!! 

Keep those sphincter muscles relaxed even if you have to check yourself several times a day.. they will eventually forget how to clench . And experiment (buy bags, not cases) of two or three varieties of diapers at a time to learn what works for you.. which ones are comfortable, less detectable (or more, whichever your preference), how long they last and hold the smell in.. key is finding a few brands you absolutely trust to wet in, poop in, and not leak. And find the same trustworthy ones in different thickness diapers for different purposes.  It's a long process but definitely doable. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Mindylou said:

Keep those sphincter muscles relaxed even if you have to check yourself several times a day.. they will eventually forget how to clench . And experiment (buy bags, not cases) of two or three varieties of diapers at a time to learn what works for you.. which ones are comfortable, less detectable (or more, whichever your preference), how long they last and hold the smell in.. key is finding a few brands you absolutely trust to wet in, poop in, and not leak. And find the same trustworthy ones in different thickness diapers for different purposes.  It's a long process but definitely doable. 

I feel like there is a place for all three. Samples. Bags. Cases

Samples are great for does this diaper physically fit my body

Bags are good for how does this diaper fit. Does it leave weird gaps quality issues that leak.

Cases - During the experiment phase. Can I live with this diaper in all the scenarios that I need it to and also judge quality control.

One thing I will say about the clenching is you probably need to do it more than a few times a day. I actually bought a fitbit watch that has a timer and set it for 15 minutes as reminder to relax. If you start wearing it day one it can be a visual reminder of diapers that no one else knows about as well.

This is a great list!

Whilst in not considering going 24/7 as it  would not be practical for me at this stage, I have started wearing at night full time. As you mentioned at the start, I have noticed the emotional change having diapers as a regular thing rather than now and again which I think is a better mindset than going through the waves of intensity from casual wearing. 

I would like to get to a state of consistent Bedwetting, which I know is a challenge but as @Hannah YMS mentioned, the key part to any of this is the mental side. I’m not putting any pressure on goals or progress and just focusing on getting into the familiarity of trusting my diaper and staying relaxed. A lot of the points made are a great reminder for the stage I’m at. 

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

This is great.  Lots of helpful information.  I don't want my plastic diapers to be banned!!  I like the periodic (every some number of minutes) unclenching.  I should have been doing that for a long time now.