LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Beyond XP5000

I decided to order a package on my last order.  I am a bit impressed on the absorbency.  I wore my first one to bed last night, put it on about 10pm and it's now 6:30am and there is capacity left.  I'm not sure how much I wet it last night but it has swelled up nicely in front.  Some things that are nice but problematic.  They have refastinable hook and loop tapes and a landing zone to attach them to.  That makes it nice when you have to reposition tapes to get a snug fit.  My issue is when I taped them on, they didn't hold well and popped loose or shifted.  To solve the problem I taped the diaper on and then used a diaper pin through each tape and through the diaper to hold them in place and keep them from popping loose.  That worked fine, I just have to have my diaper pins handy.  I did get a tear in the back left of the diaper, but as my puppy with sharp toenails was jumping up on me in the back, it's quite possible he slightly tore my diaper.  The fit isn't too bad but I wish it would come up a little higher in the back.  Overall, I like them so far but I think I will stick to Betterdry as my go-to diaper.  So far this is the first one from the package.  As I use more I may add to this thread. 

• Like 1

Try using gorilla tape to reinforce your diaper instead of pins.

What I do is take a 7 inch strip of tape, and rip it down the middle, length wise.

So now you have two 7 inch Half strips.

Then, put one of those strips down somewhere for safe keeping.

Now, take one of your 7 inch half strips and rip it down the middle again, length wise.

Repeat this process until you have Four Total strips of equal size, (one for each tape).

Then, reinforce your diaper tapes.

They should hold all day or night, no matter how active you are.

(This trick works on plastic backed or cloth like diapers.)

That is one of the downsides to hook-loop fastening systems - when they go down, you have to resort to mechanical measures, such as pins. I have used staples for the same purpose, in a pinch. I've never tried using Gorilla Tape, but my experience with duck tape and packing tape is that they work great for repairing plastic-backed, tape-on diapers, but they don't have the same affinity for cloth-backed diapers, or for the crosshatched landing zones on plastic hook-loop diapers. Maybe Gorilla Tape is better. 

Rearz makes about the best hook/loop fasteners on the adult diaper market right now; their Elite Hybrid/Mermaid Tale/Barnyards, as well as their cloth-backed Active Airs, have tabs that just don't quit. That said, I've used the detached stretchy wings off of Pampers as tab extenders on some crappy cloth-backed medical diapers I had that I used as gym diapers, and that didn't quite fit me - and, amazingly, the tabs off of size 6 or 7 Pampers hold like crazy. Having been transplanted from a product designed for a child who weighs 40 lbs or so, onto a diaper being worn by a 200 lb man who's running 8 miles on a treadmill, you'd think they'd be overwhelmed, but nope. 

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

I've been working my way through a bag of them myself, in-between Bambino nights. The fit of the XP isn't great for me, but the absorbency is top-notch.

I agree Mikey.  The fit isn't as good as Betterdry but the absorbency is there.  No to the Gorilla tape and packing tape, but thanks for the tips.  Black or even grey duct or Gorilla tape just looks ugly on a diaper.  Gorilla tape isn't cheap either.  Why buy a roll of expensive tape, tear it in strips to tape my diaper on when diaper pins are handy, I have a drawer full of them, it's no cost to me and they can fit in my pocket.  Remember, good old diaper pins have been around a lot longer than diaper tapes.

I may have to try these again. I tried them when they first came out but the absorbent core was poorly placed. I think they have gone through one or two iterations since then

I wore my second one to bed last night, putting it on at 9:30pm.  It's now 7am and it is soaked front to back and very heavy!  I had to put on a onesie to help hold it up and even then it's still sagging.  No leaks though, not even any press out leaks sitting in my computer chair.  The absorbency is definitely there, but again I had to use diaper pins to keep the tapes from coming loose.  I'll be keeping it on for a while, pushing the limits until it starts to leak.  Not the worst fitting diaper but I like the fit of Molicare, Abena and Betterdry diapers better.