LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Inflation is making this lifestyle expensive lol..

Not for me. I do not have any of the problem. and you have not seen real inflation, In 1980, inflation reached 18% with an interest rate of 21%, unemployment of 8% and climbing and 6 quarters of economic (Gross National Product) shrinkage. That is how come Ragan was elected that year and we had the "Carter Malaise" that actually began under Nixon in 1974 when inflation reached 4%

I said that disposoable diapers, like the whole "disposable cuture" was a product of a prosperity that has not existed in 50 years

Contrary to what the Republicans are telling you, this round of inflation began under Trump with the $850 billion stimulus program and the Biden administration has just continued letting the printing presses run amok. the same as in the 19o70's. Google up"stagflation keynesians"

• Like 2

Fear of inflation has caused me to inflate my inventory. Some price jumps have been egregious, but at the same time, some of my suppliers, Rearz in particular, have been running compelling sale prices on some of their models, which has occasionally elicited a hair-trigger reaction within me, because I immediately think "Oh man, I'm going to regret not buying these at 25% off if I have to order a case in three months at the regular price..." And, voila, I now have 10 cases of various products choking my basement. Marketing works. I try to think of it as "dollar cost averaging"... if I buy a second case of Lil' Monsters at 50% off, for example, while I didn't exactly need that second case, it has essentially reduced the cost of both cases by 25%, and, if I have to buy them at full pop three months from now, it is still lowering my annual per unit average cost. 

But try explaining that to my wife...

• Like 2

Fortunately there have been some pretty decent diaper sales on recently which has allowed me to stock up quite significantly.  I guess I'm fortunate enough that I really like the Abena L4 plastic backed diapers which I can get for a reasonable price off Amazon.  I've also taken advantage of Rearz and InControl diaper sales and bought a few cases of those lately.

Honestly....if all I could afford were cloth diapers I'd likely give up the lifestyle.  No desire to ever wear cloth at all....

On 3/28/2023 at 12:43 PM, Babymaidmissy said:

Time to go back into cloth diapers, learn what it like, to sit in a really wet,really squishy diaper, and feel what us 50,s something babies enjoyed, along with the bulkiness 

Amen ... from a 8 year old.

Just now, Babypants said:

Amen ... from a 8 year old.

Oops.  78 year old.  Typing with a broken finger in a cast is a real drag.

On 3/28/2023 at 5:40 AM, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Not for me. I do not have any of the problem. and you have not seen real inflation, In 1980, inflation reached 18% with an interest rate of 21%, unemployment of 8% and climbing and 6 quarters of economic (Gross National Product) shrinkage. That is how come Ragan was elected that year and we had the "Carter Malaise" that actually began under Nixon in 1974 when inflation reached 4%

I said that disposoable diapers, like the whole "disposable cuture" was a product of a prosperity that has not existed in 50 years

Contrary to what the Republicans are telling you, this round of inflation began under Trump with the $850 billion stimulus program and the Biden administration has just continued letting the printing presses run amok. the same as in the 19o70's. Google up"stagflation keynesians"

The joy of the '80s, when every business had a NOT HIRING sign in the window. If you had a job, you prayed every night that the business didn't close while you were sleeping, because it happened.

4 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

The joy of the '80s, when every business had a NOT HIRING sign in the window. If you had a job, you prayed every night that the business didn't close while you were sleeping, because it happened.

???

On 3/28/2023 at 6:40 AM, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Although I'm a big Trump supporter, I was totally against all of the stimulus checks. I knew it will water down the economy. Heck I against all the covid lockdowns, the lockdowns did more harm in every way then covid it self.

But thats another debate for another time 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Demon-hunter said:

Although I'm a big Trump supporter, I was totally against all of the stimulus checks. I knew it will water down the economy. Heck I against all the covid lockdowns, the lockdowns did more harm in every way then covid it self.

But thats another debate for another time 

It is relevant to this matter since it was the beginning of it and is therefore part of the "how we got here" and this is a controversial issue. This is the iportant part; what does the future hold? Judging from the way the current administration is acting, i.e. the same as the Cartetr administratioon, it is going to get worse befotre it gets better. In some ways, the situation is worse with the Federal Reserve being allowed to jam theirt notion of what interest rates should be down our throats. In the 1970's the Prime interest was based on what rate banks were willing to lend their best customers at. This was a balancing act based on real-world variables. As they say: To err is human; to REALLY fubar it; let the government run it

That knowledge is important because it is crucial in answering the question "what should I do in light of that fact?". The history tells us how we got here and points to what we can expect and what should be the basis of decisions going forward

• Like 1

I agree, as everyone is well aware the cost of all goods and services is out of control. Diapers and related products are no exception. Supply chain issues and the overall cost of labor have helped driven prices upward. Just need to watch for the sales and specials that happen across all vendors.

Just now, Three Rivers said:

I agree, as everyone is well aware the cost of all goods and services is out of control. Diapers and related products are no exception. Supply chain issues and the overall cost of labor have helped driven prices upward. Just need to watch for the sales and specials that happen across all vendors.

Out of control? where were you in 1980 when the inflation rate reached 18%, the Prine Interest rate was 21% the recession was deep and crhonic and inemployment was 8% and rising? Jimmy Carter said he could not wait to run against Ronald Reagan

Waning: If you don't care about economic history, skip this post.

TLDR: Interest rates and inflation were really crazy in the 1970s and early 80s and there's a lot of blame to go around.

On 3/31/2023 at 8:10 AM, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

In some ways, the situation is worse with the Federal Reserve being allowed to jam theirt notion of what interest rates should be down our throats. In the 1970's the Prime interest was based on what rate banks were willing to lend their best customers at. This was a balancing act based on real-world variables.

Nothing much has changed about the way the Fed sets interest rates since they first started in the 1930s. They set the federal funds rate and the banks adjust their prime rate to compensate.

On 3/31/2023 at 8:10 AM, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Judging from the way the current administration is acting, i.e. the same as the Cartetr administratioon, it is going to get worse befotre it gets better.

Carter didn't take office until 1977. The decade was almost over. The inflation problem started when Tricky Dick bullied the Fed into keeping interest rates low for his reelection in 1972.

Low interest rates means easy money which heats the economy up and inflation follows. The first Arab oil embargo made the situation much worse because the price of oil nearly tripled from the fall of 73 to the spring of 74. The Fed started raising interest rates and finally got control of it, but the inflation rate still peaked at over 11% in 1974. By the time Carter was elected it was finally below 6%. And we thought 6% inflation wasn't so bad at the time.

The Fed still didn't really get serious with interest rates until Paul Volcker was appointed by Carter in 1979. When the second Arab oil embargo tripled prices again, inflation took off peaking at 13.5% in March of 1980 (Reagan had been in office 3 months) and was down to 3% within 3 years. And yes, the Federal Funds Rate went of 20%, but I think, the Saudis get more credit than the Fed because they turned the oil spigot back on.

1 hour ago, tuffy said:

The Fed still didn't really get serious with interest rates until Paul Volcker was appointed by Carter in 1979. When the second Arab oil embargo tripled prices again, inflation took off peaking at 13.5% in March of 1980 (Reagan had been in office 3 months) and was down to 3% within 3 years. And yes, the Federal Funds Rate went of 20%, but I think, the Saudis get more credit than the Fed because they turned the oil spigot back on.

Do you mean '80 or '81? Reagan wasn't elected until the fall of 1980, taking office in Jan of 1981.

3 hours ago, tuffy said:

Waning: If you don't care about economic history, skip this post.

TLDR: Interest rates and inflation were really crazy in the 1970s and early 80s and there's a lot of blame to go around.

Nothing much has changed about the way the Fed sets interest rates since they first started in the 1930s. They set the federal funds rate and the banks adjust their prime rate to compensate.

Carter didn't take office until 1977. The decade was almost over. The inflation problem started when Tricky Dick bullied the Fed into keeping interest rates low for his reelection in 1972.

Low interest rates means easy money which heats the economy up and inflation follows. The first Arab oil embargo made the situation much worse because the price of oil nearly tripled from the fall of 73 to the spring of 74. The Fed started raising interest rates and finally got control of it, but the inflation rate still peaked at over 11% in 1974. By the time Carter was elected it was finally below 6%. And we thought 6% inflation wasn't so bad at the time.

i've mentioned that the inflation rate rise began under Nixon In fact it was noticeable in '74 Who can forget Ford and the dreaded WIN (Whip Inflation Now" button. Go to Google Images and call up win button. But it became endemic and double-digit in the Carter administration Who can forget the dreaded "misery index" which was the petard upon which he was hoist?. That whole thinkg was what gave Greenspan  credibility. In 1971 when Nixon brought in wage and price control, Greenspan predicted shortages which would lead to price rises and explained how so. He did this on PBS's THE ADVOCATES

14 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Do you mean '80 or '81? Reagan wasn't elected until the fall of 1980, taking office in Jan of 1981.

Clearly, I was thinking '81 when I wrote that, but after looking it up to be sure, it really was 1980. So, given the the figures weren't known until a few months later, the election was well  under way.

We were lucky in the choices we made during that period of high inflation in the 1970's and 1980's. We bought a new house in 1974, and sold it in 1979 to move to a larger one. The house value appreciated more than our entire cash outlay on it in those five years, giving us a nice down payment on the new place. Also, my wife chose that time to become a Realtor, and with the difficulties of fluctuating interest rates and property values  during that time she learned how to hold a deal together under difficult conditions, a skill set that stood her in good stead for the rest of her career.

Inflation has been 3 times worse. 1980 spent most of the hear in double digit inflation, recession and high unemployment and stayed in that condition until the end of 81 and went into slight recession until 1982 with unemployment reaching 10% during that timeframe Inflation +recession in the mid '70's was dubbed "stag-flation [stagnation and inflation]". In early 1978 the Keynesians, at their customary meeting at Bretton Woods, according to PBS, said that according to their thieories, which had been used since the mid 1930's, stagflation was impossible, yet here it was.You  can google "keynesian stagflation"

The theory on the Right that excessive government printing of money was the cause of the systemic inflation "too much money chasing too few goods", the same effect as when you add water to 'stretch" the pitcher of Kool-Aid as it gets lower from consumption. This theory was acteed on by the Reagan administration and that problem slowly (2-1/2 years) went away. This problem begin in the Nixon years, about '74

At any rate the economy has been worse off and recovered

• 3 weeks later...

Inflation definitely isn’t a new concept, but it’s definitely reared its head again lately 

my last order of abu before their new “free shipping and cheaper diapers” update, was actually $200 cheaper than buying the same thing again a week later lol

• Like 1

There isn't a thing you buy in the store that doesn't require energy to get it to you.  If you curb energy exploration and production in the way that this administration has been doing literally since day 1, higher prices will be the inevitable result.  What Build Back Better is all about is using inflation to curb demand, which creates a new floor for the next round of cuts to energy production, and so on.  

It new longer matters which party controls the government because federal regulations have made it all but impossible to explore for oil and natural gas on the continental shelves, and good luck to anyone trying to build a new refinery.  So, we are stuck with the energy that we have, and with an infrastructure that is aged and rapidly decaying.  Inflation is here to stay.

And by the way, don't be fooled by the talking heads.  A good that goes from $1 to $2 in the store has doubled in price.  When it goes from $2 to $3, the "experts" tell us that this is proof positive they have got inflation under control.  Is that how it seems to your wallet?