LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lost a friend today

30 minutes ago, Crinklz Kat said:

I had to have my cat put down.  His health had deteriorated badly in just the past few days.  He had been my buddy since late 2008. 

Wow that's quite a LONG time. Sorry for your loss, that's very tough.? Big hugs!♥️?♥️?♥️? May he rest in peace.

From a purely logical perspective, it is strange that we put ourselves in that situation - get a pet that loves us and that we love, and then when they pass away, it tears us to bits cause we gave the pet so much of ourselves.... but that is what changes the strange to the humane, where we would not learn how to love without loving, and would not get that unconditional love from the pet without us giving the pet unconditional love.

None of the above diminishes the hurt we suffer at the loss of a loved one, but how much we hurt is how much we love and how much love the one has given us.

@Crinklz Kat please don't let the hurt make you bitter, and although you might not agree with me, the loss will make you, and your ability to love, stronger. All I can offer is my hugs, condolences and to wish you well in the future. Nothing can replace your cat, but I suggest, when you are ready, to get another one as you seem to be the type of person that cares for and adores cats.

• Like 1

We've had both dogs and cats over the last 40 years and have had to make that sorrowful visit to the Vet more times than I care to remember.

You'd think it would get easier with practice. But it doesn't.

On the bright side, we get back in return far more than we invest.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Remember the good times and the quirky thing that he did, it just might put a smile on your face and a tear in your eye but that is why we have pets as companions. Mine is 20 years old and going senile and does goofy things every day.

Been there, and it is felt more keenly by cat persons. That cat is as affectionate as any animal, but it is more subltle.. It does not j jump around and yap and you become aware if t by the feel of the cat's body Also, there are more kinds of interactions that you can have with a cat, some depending on time and palce. My Sputnik, who was a bit feral when I got her, was a tortoise shell spay. Now, when she was in my bedroom, if I was laying on the bed reading, she would get up, lay on my chest and knead and purr up a storm. but if she was outside and having climbed the skraggly apple try we had and I tried to pet her, she would take a shot at me and you could see guile in her eyes that was acquired at a young age. She only let me pick her up once. On the other hand, Bugger, who I get at 6 weeks of age was more open and I could pretty much do what I wanted with him. Yet, he was the only other animal that sputnik seemed to like or at least tolerate. Sputnik had another thing. She would catch mice and rats and bring them home, meow and purring up a storm at the door and then present them to me, even putting them in my hand. It did not matter what I did with them, just as long as I took them. Also it was recently learned that cats only "meow" to humans. Among themselves the "meow" is never used. It comes from the "miew" they use as kittens to get attention from the mother. This is carried over in the human environment. Just who is traing whom, I have no idea, but I use other cat sounds with cats. Sputnik was deat-scared of metallic sounds since she speant her early years in an airport garage with all the working vehicles. Bugger was all black except for a but of white under the chin. He got his name from being very playful and one day, he knoced down a lot of stuff in the basement. I still had not named him, and my friend, upon hearing of his exploits said "You've been a busy little bugger, haven't you" and I said "You just named him". All of this was back in the '70's. It really hurtt to lose both of these cats

I can remember the day and time that she became "my cat". I in my bedrrom in Nov '72 working on a paper for Psych of Personality calss. I had a small table at the foot of my bed where I would do my writing laying on the bed. We got Sputnik in May of that year. I was careful to not let her see that I was putting the food and water bowl out so that she would not make that connection. Now, acclimating to a cat is not easy. They have really on ly one way to make displeasure known. I am predominantly left-naded and for the first month I had Sputnike, my right hand looked a bit like a road map. Well, this November Sunday, as stated I was doing  the preliminaries for a major paper for class, and am writing up a storm (not mentioning tiaras or diapers even once). Next thing I know, Sputnik jumps up on my writing table, purring like crazy, rubbing against my face, then starts pushing the pen with her fiace. I was considering shooing her away but then thought; "Here is my chance and this may be the only chance I have. If I reject her now, it might be for keeps". So I put the pen down and gave her all the attention and affectio I could. And the rest was history. For a half-feral, the amount of love I got from her was amazing. Another thing, I never called my cats with "Kitty kitty kitty" but only by name

• Like 1

It seems likely that your cat lived a great life, probably better than 95% of the cats in the world (and possibly also a substantial percentage of the people), so, hopefully it is of some consolation that you have done your job by him. He was well-fed, comfortable, and felt safe and loved. He could not have asked for anything more. If he could, he'd give you a pat on the back and say "Thanks, mate."