LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

new trend underwear showing?

Underwear showing and low waists have been common with teens for years.  Sometimes 2 layers of undies, lowest one being pants waist.  Crotch at knees.  I never liked the look.

The images in the link are rather extreme examples, but basically, everything old is new again. Teen boys have been wearing their jeans around their thighs for a couple of decades now, mostly because it irritates middle-aged people and the elderly, so mission accomplished. Among the more fashion-conscious females of the species, low-waisted jeans and high-waisted underwear were a thing maybe 15 or 20 years ago, with visible thong straps bringing colour and punctuation to the midriff area. Then that died off and low-rise "hipster" panties operated invisibly under low-rise jeans for a good while, and underwear was once again underwear. Then, high-waisted jeans came back into style a while back, and all the kids started looking like their moms did 20 years ago. So, it was inevitable that there would be an equal and opposite reaction, and that seems to be happening. I was on the West coast of Canada a couple of weeks ago and I saw a fashionably-dressed lady in her 20's walking on a downtown street in low-rise jeans, with sparkly thong straps rising high out of her trousers, beneath her crop-top (it's warmer in Vancouver generally). They're only a couple of degrees removed from California, both geographically and philosophically, and that's where fashion trend pandemics often have their ground zero, so I assume this is coming to a town near you in due course.  

2 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

The images in the link are rather extreme examples, but basically, everything old is new again. Teen boys have been wearing their jeans around their thighs for a couple of decades now, mostly because it irritates middle-aged people and the elderly, so mission accomplished. Among the more fashion-conscious females of the species, low-waisted jeans and high-waisted underwear were a thing maybe 15 or 20 years ago, with visible thong straps bringing colour and punctuation to the midriff area. Then that died off and low-rise "hipster" panties operated invisibly under low-rise jeans for a good while, and underwear was once again underwear.

@Little Sherri

when I was growing up, they were two fads They were kinda silly! One of them was just like you said, people wearing their pants down around their midsection, instead of having their pants pulled all the way up over their underwear so they're not shown. the second one is that people would wear their shoes, but they would never tie them, which means that they would wear their shoes in such a way that if they were to use their legs or something like that to kick something, you had to be careful that their shoe didn't hit you in the face!

While I am kind of a guy that understands that there are fads and there are things that happen in this like the 70s the 80s or the 90s or maybe even the 2000s - I realized that for each decade there are things that are hot or hip or now or whatever they call them, depending on the decade. In the 60s and 70s it was like is a rock and roll, And in the 80s it was big hair, rock bands, Hairspray so thick you could smell it all over the place, and your hair would be glued and and one position because all the Hairspray you used of course they would talk about Van Halen or they would talk about tears for fears or they talk about other types of bands that were really cool!

In the 90s it was garage bands and grunge karma and a whole bunch of different things that were different. In the 90s it was something like Justin Bieber and a bunch of other singers that people loved and they couldn't get enough of them. For each one of these decades, there's always somebody that's in the forefront that people like, And I've even seen it where fads that were around are explained, And most of the time you can find these types of things on youtube for every single decade. Each decade has their own little fad or their own thing that made it special, and what I like about having a fad or something that was in during the particular time., you can always remember it, but you might not want to sometimes, especially let's say the burnt orange carpets and dark brown of people's living rooms or something like that cold: that would be considered horrid today, those are the Times and those are the types of things that happened in that generation.

While I understand that people fad out With this type of stuff, my examples of not having their shoes tied, and not wearing their pants where they need to be all the way up around your waist belted and secured, I never did that because. because I had cerebral palsy I needed to wear my shoes, and I also needed to make sure that all of my straps and buckles we're actually secured, because I needed to use my shoes comp, which means they needed to be laced, and buckled all the way around, because I had special adaptations to my shoes to help my legs and my ankles. Also, my brace is needed to be secured to the top of my, because that's where they belong To have my shoes loose would be silly, because that would defeat the purpose of having braces with the supports they give me. so I never actually went without my shoes, and very rarely did I not have my braces with me, except for like a couple of weeks here and there when my shoes are being fixed, and my mom allowed me to wear street shoes.

In school there was always a guy that would have their pants down about 1/4 of an inch from the top of their waist. it got to the point where it was normal for that particular time period, but I didn't think that it was a good idea, even when my mom and my step dad went to high school, there were fads and things that they were dealing with, but I wouldn't say that wearing jeans 1/4 of an inch down from your waist or almost near your ankles is an appropriate thing. I don't mind if somebody has boxers on, but there are times when it would not be appropriate to do that, and I don't think that it would be very comfortable because your pants wouldn't even be where they needed to be. Women wouldn't have their shoes, And they certainly wouldn't be wearing their pants around their ankles, so that is an issue as well!

I remember when they had acid washed and stone wash jeans karma or they would have them look like they were really old, by putting them through bleach, and then letting them dry, and that was one of the fads. I had a couple of pairs of jeans that were like that, and I didn't mind wearing them, because that was that was happening all the time. when my mom found out that I wanted to do that she said that I could do that, And she took a couple pairs of my jeans and did that for me, And I also had an acid washed jean jacket that I wore also, So I was part of the fads com put the ones where you have your ankles not protected by your shoes because they weren't tied or ones were your pants were down around your ankles or 1/4 in an inch from the top of your waist, they can have those, because that's not my style!

Brian

• Like 1
23 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

when my mom found out that I wanted to do that she said that I could do that, And she took a couple pairs of my jeans and did that for me, And I also had an acid washed jean jacket that I wore also,

I tried to make my own acid-washed jeans at one point as a teen, @~Brian~, by putting a pair of Black Levi's into the washing machine with a generous dollop of bleach. The result was what my friends called my "Lighting Pants"... the jeans turned grey, but had streaks of completely bleached out material up and down the legs, which were actually a greenish yellow, rather than white. I did not repeat the experiment. 

As a younger kid, for the rare occasions when I wore diapers away from the house, I had one favourite pair of pants, brown corduroys that were a bit loose on me (until they weren't anymore), and, they were high-waisted so I was pretty sure my diaper wouldn't peak out at the back if we went and sat down in a restaurant or whatever.   

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2023 at 10:00 AM, Little Sherri said:

. Among the more fashion-conscious females of the species, low-waisted jeans and high-waisted underwear were a thing maybe 15 or 20 years ago, with visible thong straps bringing colour and punctuation to the midriff area. 

Ah, the whale tails. At least, that's what they were called in my area. I may have been guilty of that once upon a time.  Somehow in diapers I don't have the urge to wear low waisted jeans and show off the high backs of my diapers. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1