LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Parents Threaten To Kick Me Out

Hey everyone i REALY NEED HELP i know its long but please read all of everything that i have to say and i look forward to hearing from you. Well my name is Sean and i LOVE to wear diapers i have loved the thought of wearing diapers for as long as i can think back. it wasn't until 6th grade that i actually bought my fist pack of diapers. it was awesome from the soft padding to the bulkiness feeling between my legs to especially the sound of the plastic backing of the diaper when you walk it just brought me back to a time when i felt helpless.

So last night my parents found out that i was still wearing diapers. When i had told them i was going to quit wearing diapers a month ago. Let me remind you im 20 years old turning 21 in December. For many years my parents always made me throw away my diapers when ever they found out about them. it wasn't until my junior year of high school that they finally had enough and made me go see a psychologist about my diapers. wow was that embarrassing. Anyway i saw her for about a month and she seemed quit intrigued about the hole diapers.

She had never come across such a issue. in the end she saw that i wasn't harming anyone and that i really didn't have any reason to give up my diapers, for i have had only positive reinforcement from anyone that i have personally told, besides from my parents. She said that if i was to give up my diapers i would be doing it for my parent to only please them. this didn't really go over with my parents very well.

My psychologist also noted that my compulsion to wear diapers might stem from that i was a orphanage for the first 11 months of my life as a infant in Seoul Korea. Where i probably wasn't given much or any attention as a baby like most get. Having never been able to get the chance to bond closely with anyone in those first few days of a infancy and never really getting the proper loving attention that most babies get in the first year.

Like being softly stroked, cuddled, and caressed by their mothers. I most likely always had a different nurse taking care of me in the orphanage. With that i could never develop a close bond with any one nurse. So my psychologist believes that i may have formed this bond with diapers instead of a human being.

Since diapers are warm, soft and have this cuddling feeling to them. that is how she and i believe this is where my compulsion to wear diapers come from. So after hearing that from the psychologist my parents didn't have a problem with the hole adult diapers as long as i didn't wear my diapers around them until know.

They told me that if they catch me with diapers again they are going to make me live on my own. i tried to stop but i can't. its like a security blanket but i just turn to diapers instead. i don't know what to do. Where do i go from here?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

SHAWNIE

Well Shawnie that is a very difficult situation you are in. Have you tried to have a civil conversation with them about it? Have you asked them how it affects their lives? To be completely honest it may be time for you to fly the coup. If they adopted you then you have some leverage there. You can tell them it was by their choice that they chose you, and by choosing you they get all of your idiosyncrasies and diapers happen to be part of who you are.

It is unfair for them to threaten to kick you out because you choose to wear nappies. I say try and handle this diplomatically and if that doesn't work out then try to figure out a way to live on your own. I know it can be done as I have been living on my own since I was 18. I wish you the best of luck and keep us posted!

~Brian

Hi Shawnie, only you know your parents well enough to make any judgement, and given enough time and consideration you will come up with the answer that is right for you. :o

I really cannot see why your parents are reacting so negatively to Nappies/Diapers as everyone has used them at some time-what is the big deal ?

Even your Psychologist seems to have said it is ok to wear as it does no one any harm-does that not mean anything to your parents? :badmood:

Best of luck with your decision, keep us posted as to how you get on with this situation. :(

Bummer, guy... but.... you are 20, almost 21. Any responsibility they had to take care of you ended over 2 years ago, and if you're going to live with them, you are subject to their whims.

Might be better to get a job and move out. That way you can do whatever you want. Just sayin'.

I agree...it's very unfortunate, but the problem is that if you're still there after 18, you're subject to their whims. I suggest what a previous poster said: A serious conversation with them, civil and polite, asking why. Point out that you have complied with them so far, you saw a psychologist, and even she has said it's fine, so what has changed their minds? If they won't tell you, I'd say consider pressing the issue (point out you're not trying to change their minds, just trying to understand what's happened to change their minds); if you can find out why it bothers them, then you'll understand their point of view and a compromise may be possible.

If that fails, throw away your diapers, and find a job. Once you're able to move out, do so. It's hard, but you'll need to do it one day, might as well be sooner so you can keep the comfort of your diapers.

Exactly, when you become an adult, you're living at your parents house by their grace. The second you become a legal adult, they can throw you out and tell you to make it on your own.

But another idea, which has been brought up, is to talk to them about it and find out why they won't allow it. And maybe it is something as simple as fear of the unknown (or unaccepted by society).

Hmm, it seems they are giving a 20 year old an ultimatum. They are treating you like a child even though they don't want you to act like one. In reality giving ultimatums is very childish on their part. Now they might be saying this because of many or all factors:

1. They know ultimatums work with you

2. They don't understand how much of an adult you are

3. They still see you as someone to be controlled

4. They are treating you like a child by dictating the clothes you wear

5. They are doing this because they might know you would have nowhere to live or no money to make it on your own and it in their mind it is the last straw

Offhand, even though I don't know the situation I would say that they love you and want you to change your behavior. Definitely a dialog is needed. But it needs to be in the confines of speaking rationally and not an argument. It is rather interesting how they feel they have room to control your behavior, being that you are over 18. It seems they are very reactionary and might not listen to reason. In an argument I would probably throw it back at them just because I do stuff like that and give them some kind of an ultimatum. Like you agree to leave, but you will never talk to them again. That is tough cause you probably love them, but that is almost equivalent to their ultimatum. If they really don't love you, which I doubt, then they would agree to the ultimatum and I guess you are out a place to stay so you have to be prepared for that. I would say somehow assert your power, which we all have, that we are all worthy of respect by our actions and not our clothes. I would say negotiate a deal where you wear diapers all you want in your room but you have to hide them and can't wear outside the room. Extend as many compromises as you can, like do extra work around the house for the privilege. If they continue to give the ultimatum then you have to choose.

Now if your actions in all other areas of your life have been childish you might not have any room to stand on because they would throw - well you don't work or do anything or did this thing - stuff at you. Then life is tough because you are not acting like the adult that you are and they are treating you like a child. Being an Adult Baby means we have to grow up completely in our public lives as long as we can stay a baby in our private lives. You don't have to be dependent on your parents when you are 20 and they should not be involved in your private life. If you are completely childish then I would say agree to their demands and wait until you are grown up enough to be an Adult Baby, but tell them that when you are ready to leave you will go, wear diapers, and never speak to them again. Tell them that their solution will not solve anything but will make you more distant from them later in life. That is the truth. We may forgive, but we will never forget.

SDB

Hey Everyone its me again i woud totally move out if i could its just i live in Southern California by the beach and their is no where that you can rent that is cheep so moving out on my own is not a option my dad just sold a house in my neighborhood for 6.8 million dollars with ocean view so basically im not sure where i would live that i could afford. and i do also have a job that i work 40 hours a week

I think, and this is just because I know the way people who done want roomates act, they are using the diapers as a legitimate or non-legitamate way to shove you out. No species forces their children from the nest gently. (Birds just up and shove their young out) Use the internet to find cheap places for rent, consider a roomate. I live in So Cal myself and live on my own in a trailer. Its not much, but its home and I have it to myself.

CJ

I think, and this is just because I know the way people who done want roomates act, they are using the diapers as a legitimate or non-legitamate way to shove you out. No species forces their children from the nest gently. (Birds just up and shove their young out) Use the internet to find cheap places for rent, consider a roomate. I live in So Cal myself and live on my own in a trailer. Its not much, but its home and I have it to myself.

CJ

I live in RB. I'd like to buy a trailer myself. How much are they around SoCal?

I dont own mine, but the rent is 650/mo. You can buy them for around 50k but you have to pay space rent. Other places let you buy the land and the trailer so you are free of space rent, but those cost anywhere from 125-165k

CJ

PS. Space rent usually goes about 500/mo

Hey Everyone its me again i woud totally move out if i could its just i live in Southern California by the beach and their is no where that you can rent that is cheep so moving out on my own is not a option my dad just sold a house in my neighborhood for 6.8 million dollars with ocean view so basically im not sure where i would live that i could afford. and i do also have a job that i work 40 hours a week

Use WestsideRentals.com. They're an excellent resource for cheap rentals throughout LA and orange county. Trust me, I moved out to LA from out of state with less than 1,000 dollars to cover my moving expenses; it can be done. Also try craigslist; it's not as good at finding reliable roomies (some people post the same stock photos instead of the actual apartment, so I'd recommend visiting ones found on craigslist before moving in for sure) but it does have very cheap rentals or just rooms for sublet. Good luck, and still consider a sit-down talk with your parents in the mean time.

New England is cheaper!

new england sucks they have to much clam chowder. Once you live in Cali you kinda find yourself hard pressed to leave. Especially if your raised here. No matter how many times I leave I keep coming back

Agreed... although... having grown up in New England and then moving out to California for 8 years and then moving back to New England I'm convinced that the natives don't realize how good they have it (unless they've spent time living out here and experiencing our shitty weather). :D It was getting too expensive to live in Cali which is one of the reasons I moved back.

'Their house, their rules' is a stupid argument. After you turn 18, if you don't move out, they can't just dump you on the street. As far as I know, most states have laws preventing the eviction of a person without notice. Since you're probably not paying rent, they can, after notice, require you to leave, but if you are paying rent you could take them to court and try and make a case for their reason for evicting as being illegal (which I'm almost certain it is.) Look up the statutes concering this for your area. Threatening to kick you out for this reason falls in line with kicking someone out because of sexual orientation, religious, or political beliefs.

Either way, they pretty much have your johnson in a salad shooter on this one.

Most people aren't aware that a $10/hour job along with school isn't going to cut it these days, at least not in most of the U.S., and almost certainly if you can't find a roommate. Try and make them aware of what you would have to do to make ends meet.

Your best bet is to draw a line and see if they back down.

Simple solution... Don't get caught again.

More difficult solution... Find a balance between appeasing your parents, and your fetish. I'd hope that your relationship with your parents is more important than diapers, so maybe giving them up for a bit would be for the best.

Ultimately, it seems that they aren't going to back down from how they feel, and you aren't going to back off from your desire to wear. For the benefit of your relationship with your family, you'd best be looking for your own space in the world to enjoy your fetish.

I feel you, dude. I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago. I've been wearing diapers by choice since I was 17. I've spent the last two and a half years wearing them 24/7. Of course, living at home and having a NOSY mom, I was found out.

On the stance that she was trying to protect me from the "evil things I found on the internet" she's been against anything related to my lifestyle, though not batting an eye when I remind her of how I was "teased" (that nice teasing parents and cousins do) about diapers CONSTANTLY when I was young. There were multiple videos and incidents I had as a young child that, to a keen observer would have been obvious I had a "thing" for diapers long before the internet existed in american homes. I was the good guy, I saw a shrink like she asked --the guy was okay, BUT after we came to the agreement that it was okay to wear diapers I was happy to go along my merry way.

Fast forward to when i was 21: I get around to wearing more and more (getting closer to the 24/7 thing) and I soon let my friends in on the secret. My entire cliq knows I wear diapers and why I wear them, and they're cool with it. EVERYONE I have told about it, has been cool to me. They don't care. who cares? My mom does, that's who. She got tired of the lying and hiding I had to (out of respect for her) and eventually started complaining about the diaper pail and everything else. My room has always been reasonably clean, smells mostly like a nursery, and I've never had ANYONE tell me my room stinks. I've had girls over and we've done the deed; they liked the smell of my room. The only person who complains was my mother.

So, I got the same ultimatum you did: A place to stay, or Diapers, but you can't have both. I finally had an arrangement setup with a girl I met thru my best friend. She ended up moving to Florida for her job after she graduated college, and once she got settled, offered me a place with her. So guess where I am? I'm happily diapered 3000 miles away from home. :)

I can tell you it's an uphill battle that you probably won't win. If they haven't packed your shit for you and tried to get you out, they're not really gonna do it. They're your parents, and they love you, and like others have said, they want you to change your behavior --for whatever reason. Its a generational thing that most parents won't understand, and do to the fads with us youth, they're inclined to believe that what you're doing isn't something long-term, just something cool for the moment. I would play martyr, like I did, and let them know that you're not going to change; this is a permanent part of you that you can no longer deny. And if they can't love you for who you are and who you WANT to be, then wage emotional war. It will make things messy on your way out, but if you have any kind of balls, stand up for yourself. Parents always teach us to stand up for what we believe in, and who we are, but they don't want you to stand up to them, and sometimes you have to in order to live freely.

Things will probably get worse before they get better, and if you can't leave home, my advice is that you be more careful not to get caught. Don't let them ask you to choose which is more important --them, or diapers, because if they have the nerve to ask you to choose, then they obviously don't care about your happiness, only your survival. and what's survival without happiness?

Good luck, kiddo.

tris