LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Extra Fees!!!

So today I ordered a case of my usual Confidry 24/7's. My fiancee has been ordering them for us for the last year or two but she has a full time job now so I took over. I guess she has been ordering from Amazon but I don't like using them if it can be avoided because they are basically dishonest. I used the link here for XP Medical which was my usual supplier. The price for a case of 72 mediums was listed as $117.99 USD and they ship free for anything over $50. I opened another window and checked the price Amazon and as I suspected their price for the same product was $126.99 USD with free shipping. I closed that window and went to checkout at XP and it listed a price above the listed price which I expected because the state wants their sales tax. I got the confirmation email and to my dismay XP tacked on a "supply chain surcharge" of $5.90 USD. It didn't list this where it was visible, it just showed it after the fact. I hope they read this because they just lost a customer. I'll pay more somewhere else that's honest and open about the charges if it's possible to find an honest business anymore.

Hugs,

Freta

I went back to the Dry 24/7s recently and XP was my go-to site for them as well, and it had been a long while since I last ordered, but I too discovered what you did. Shopping around now, LLmedico has them for pretty much the same price along with free shipping, but no surprise fees. I've never order through them and I just placed an order with them last week, but it hasn't arrived yet, so I can't say definitively if they're better or worse, but so far LL so far is looking to be WAY better!. The shopping experience and product variety is way better as well!

• Like 1

"Businesses must display a total price that includes taxes, duties and all unavoidable or pre-selected extra fees." - Australian law.  I complain about the Nanny State thing a LOT but the consumer protections here relative to the USA are awesome.  The fines for a vendor playing those kinds of game are similarly awesome.

• Like 2

@FretaBWet

I don't mind paying my fair share of product cost, or sales tax, or some reasonable a surcharge if it is necessary. What I can't stand as if someone is trying to sell something, and then says that it's a $20, And then by the time you turn round it's turned into something that's about 50. there's no reason for this type of sneaky underhanded dealing, Because why wouldn't someone show all of their necessary fees and surcharges. I think most of the reason why this happens is because they're afraid that if they show all of their fees and surcharges it would drive customers away.

I can understand that some companies may want to charge a small fee because of supply chain issues or other things, but the idea here is in my mind I don't care whether you charge $0.02 because the bag is a different color, this may sound a little funny as far as as it goes but it makes the point that I'm trying to do.$0.02 because of some surcharge, it needs to be said sales documentation or somewhere within the checkout, so that you know what the heck you're paying for fees. cable companies are always known for making changes to their FCC or access fees, and they and they do that because then they can afford to continue to do public access television stuff, but it just seems like every year things go up and you're not even sure why. if people are required to disclose what they're paying for when you are buying a product, you are best off because then you know what you're paying before you actually hit purchase.

I don't mind paying for what is legitimate or reasonable, but hiding fees or surcharges doesn't fly with me too well. You're gonna buy something, at least disclose what fees and surcharges you're paying. When you buy something for example and you have to deal with overseas shipping handling, VAT Tax, Or something else, those things aren't probably things that people know about, but, But the best thing to do is to be honest open and above board and disclose fees so that people know what it is they're paying for and why. sometimes it might cost more money because Of supply chain issues, but I don't see why they have to hide all of these fees behind other fees. it's almost as bad as when you were in a situation where you were in a bank, and you kept on getting charged a service charge every month, see you would have to either deduct that service charge, or deduct or anything else, or order or order fees that have to deal with checks. In that case, these fees are automatically noted on your statement So you know what the heck you're getting charged or why your balance is what it is. If people would just be reasonable and smart and actually tell people what the hell they're paying for and why they're paying these fees, people would be more open because they would know that they have to pay these fees before they press the button. I don't mind paying $50 for something for example if it's something that I need, but if by the time I'm done it cost me 150 then I'm gonna wonder why.

I understand why you went to another supplier: hidden fees and other things should not be allowed, and in most cases, You know what you're gonna pay before you actually do it. for example if you go to door dash and you order a $20 00 order from mcdonald's, you're going to be paying the delivery fee you're going to be paying the dasher's tip and other things, but at least you have the ability to see what it is you're paying before you hit the send button. That's what people need to understand, they need to understand that they shouldn't be hiding fees behind things, because that can lose customers.

Brian

The surcharge should have been plainly listed not at check out but where the price is listed on the site. Right next to the price they have the per unit cost listed which is helpful when comparison shopping but in this case it's false advertising because when the surcharge is added it changes the per unit price. If they had listed the surcharge alongside the price I would have been miffed but I still would have bought them as they would still be about $3 less than Amazon. If they listed them at checkout giving me the chance to decide not to buy them before putting in all my credit card information I would have been pissed off but still would have bought them.  Now I'm obviously very pissed off and they lost more than 1 customer because my fiancee wears Confidry 24/7's too but in a size large so they lose her business too. Not only that but they get negative publicity which hurts them further.

Hugs,

Freta

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Like @Unseendl, I use LL Medico for my Dry 24/7s. $112 per case (taxes and fees bump that up to about $118). I've been using them for a while now after having moved back to the states from Alaska and they've been reliable. I use their autoship service for 5% off AND as you keep ordering from them, you'll build store credit as well for extra savings later. +1, do recommend. Also, free shipping, no minimum.

• 1 month later...

Although, around the world there are various laws that are supposed to protect the consumer in a sales transaction, however, there are companies that use loopholes to get around this, and they tack on extra charges at the end of a sale where most people don't notice until the payment is about to go through.

What I suggest is the following...

• Buyer beware
  • If a company tries to do same, if possible, cancel the sale and buy elsewhere.
  • Use all forms of media (facebook etc) that you can to identify the name of the company, and publize their actions.
  • Never repeat the business.
  • Only buy from a company that you can trust.

These companies thrive on the scams and underhand dealing they are doing. After all, the fines, if successfully implemented is normally 1-5% of their total profits. As a result, unless fines are increased, these companies will continue doing what they are doing. As for customer care, they do not care about the customer - and see a customer as someone they wish to fleece. You, as a customer telling the world how bad they are means that less and less customers - even the ones that were not fleeced - will look for another supplier, and therefore that scam company will eventually close.

This needs all of us to act - after all, on this site there are 53k plus members that buy at least one pack of diapers every week / month. Combined, we have a lot of purchasing power.

@DailyDi, considering the above, can a new forum folder etc. be created that will work as a black-list of diaper supplier names and the relevant stories / experiences of members here - as a warning of companies to be avoided? i.e Service with a Snarl or something similar. I suggest that this is discussed with relevant legal expert to avoid future claims by company owners against this forum.